THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1612, 1613, 1614 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I was just thinking the other day. If I was running for President (crazy hypothetical, I know). I'd spend weeks if not months visiting the concentration camps and serving the people there food, water, and ensuring they have bathroom and shower access whenever needed.

I know, they aren't American citizens. And it's more likely to hurt my campaign than help. But I'd be fine with the results either way. Knowing I helped as much as I could.

Proud of Warren for her comments. This is just another humongous thing that's at stake in 2020. I hope her threat of prosecuting human rights abusers makes life easier for at least 1 victim of these camps.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject:

Every Powerful Democrat
Pelosi
Shumer
Shiff
SCJs

ALL of them.. need to use their maximum power immediately to stop the abuse of the amnesty seekers and other undocumented human beings abused by ICE

My best friend and ex girlfriend started amnesty papers and overstayed her visa.. Thrown into ICE camp. mid 2017 (in Urban Colorado.. nothing like the border camps).. luckily she had family with money to have quality lawyers to help her...and she won her case

I cannot imagine what I would do if conditions were anything like what these people are suffering.. I am seeing headlines now about 40 days without a shower and you can see them.. they never sleep lying down?

UN
Geneva Conventions

No spines.. $$$ owns too many souls.

The Democrats just voted to give ICE 4 billion dollars.... Demand the private for profit prisons are removed.. those are our tax dollars being paid to CORE Civic and GEO group and whoever else.. probably owned by Oligarchs for all we know
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject:

Call them

Pencentration Camps and see if that gets that vile pricks attention
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately there is no plan from anyone on immigration. Obama was called deporter and chief. Speaking for Los Angeles only. We are full. It’s a body count problem vs just a money problem.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

Trump literally told congresspeople to go back to where they came from.

That's not a dog whistle, it's a freaking bullhorn.

I'm going to shock everyone. Our president is a racist.

I won't call every Republican a racist. Or a pedophile. Or a flat out white supremacist.

But I will say that they vote for all of those things.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

If you drive the car to the robbery, help hide the perpetrators, or store the loot, you are a robber.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

I won't call every Republican a racist. Or a pedophile. Or a flat out white supremacist.

This might sound out of character for me, but the statement is a lot of things, outrageous, vile, specious, ignorant, divisive, and even suggestive of remarks from the past telling citizens to go back to Mexico or Africa, but is it racist? Or does it just give off a racist vibe as he insensitive (among his many insensitivities) racially?

Yes, Trump constantly makes statements and often follows with actions that can be construed as racist, but it seems to me, since he hates Democrats so, especially the more progressive--and we often find people of color and women occupying a large role in the more progressive ideas--are we blurring concepts here?

Generally I can form an opinion based on facts, data, and research, but here we only have a feeble brain and I can't see into such a simple mind to confidently know motive.

Being a white male, I obviously don't share the big-picture experiences of people of color or women, so I ask, if this is racist, please explain exactly why.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This might sound out of character for me, but the statement is a lot of things, outrageous, vile, specious, ignorant, divisive, and even suggestive of remarks from the past telling citizens to go back to Mexico or Africa, but is it racist? Or does it just give off a racist vibe as he insensitive (among his many insensitivities) racially?

Yes, Trump constantly makes statements and often follows with actions that can be construed as racist, but it seems to me, since he hates Democrats so, especially the more progressive--and we often find people of color and women occupying a large role in the more progressive ideas--are we blurring concepts here?

Generally I can form an opinion based on facts, data, and research, but here we only have a feeble brain and I can't see into such a simple mind to confidently know motive.

Being a white male, I obviously don't share the big-picture experiences of people of color or women, so I ask, if this is racist, please explain exactly why.

does he tell white progressives to go back to their country? (majority of democrats in congress are white)
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

does he tell white progressives to go back to their country? (majority of democrats in congress are white)

No, but the assumption you seem make is that race or gender is what drives this and not politics. Though I like all these new outspoken progressive Democrats, one can't deny (see Pelosi) they are not outspoken progressive Democrats.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

Rib. Tlaib was born in Detroit. AOC was born in Brooklyn. Along with her father. Her mother was born in Puerto Rico (part of America).
Trump's mother was born in Scotland. Based on Trump's tweet. AOC is more American than himself.

If they weren't brown. He wouldn't have said it. Also his assumption of "where they're came from" and the description of "where they came from". Racist is a correct description.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
governator wrote:

No, but the assumption you seem make is that race or gender is what drives this and not politics. Though I like all these new outspoken progressive Democrats, one can't deny (see Pelosi) they are not outspoken progressive Democrats.

I get what you're saying but I do think Trump's comment comes from racist view, he has a good track record of it
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

It's called body of work. Trump has a 50-year body of work that contains hundreds of examples of his racism. These latest remarks confirm everything we already know about him. He is beyond being given the benefit of the doubt. When he called Obama lazy for playing golf, could anyone prove that particular statement was racist? When he calls Maxine Waters a low I.Q. individual can we prove that one statement is racist? When he rags on black football players for taking a knee, can we prove that his rant is racist? When he tried to get the Central Park 5 the death penalty, can we prove that had a racial motivation? When he propagated the Obama birtherism conspiracy, do we know he did it for racial reasons? When he called Don Lemon the dumbest man on television and said by comparison he made LeBron look smart which he said wasn't easy to do, was that racist? When he and his father were caught refusing to rent to blacks, I suppose it was just a coincidence? This is what racists do. They throw out passive aggressive racist (and sexist) dog whistles. The receivers knows EXACTLY what the subliminal and not so subliminal message is. Trump singled out four women of color, some of whom are Muslim, to criticize, and basically told them to go back to their own (bleep)-hole countries. It's the equivalent of white people in the sixties telling black people who had been born here to go back to Africa. And three of the women were born in the U.S. and one came as a 10-yr old and became a citizen at 18. And he's telling them to go back where they came from? AND YOU HAVE A DOUBT ABOUT WHETHER THAT WAS RACIST?!??!?!?!

lol. And those are just off the top of my head without googling.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Rib. Tlaib was born in Detroit. AOC was born in Brooklyn. Along with her father. Her mother was born in Puerto Rico (part of America).
Trump's mother was born in Scotland. Based on Trump's tweet. AOC is more American than himself.

If they weren't brown. He wouldn't have said it. Also his assumption of "where they're came from" and the description of "where they came from". Racist is a correct description.

He is equating skin color with Allegiance to MAGA
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@realDonaldTrump

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

Note the words "inept" "vicious" "broken" "crime infested." These are also words he has used in the past to describe black neighborhoods in the U.S. and majority black countries in the Caribbean and Africa. He also uses these words to describe the brown skinned migrants who are seeking asylum here.

He used "Progressive" in quotes as an irony because he means they are the opposite - inept, vicious, broken, criminal. Black and brown people are inept, vicious, broken, corrupt, criminals. HE IS SAYING IT RIGHT THERE IN ENGLISH.

And of course, it's all projection because he is all those things.

Get it?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

You have changed my mind. I now think that AOC should go back to where she came from.

Wait. That would be Brooklyn. No. Wait. He meant where her family came from. That would be Puerto Rico.

Last time I checked, both of them are part of the United States and have been for a while.

To even try and play the pseudo contrarian super pseudo intellect on this one is pushing into Alex Jones rush Limbaugh territory.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
@realDonaldTrump

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

Note the words "inept" "vicious" "broken" "crime infested." These are also words he has used in the past to describe black neighborhoods in the U.S. and majority black countries in the Caribbean and Africa. He also uses these words to describe the brown skinned migrants who are seeking asylum here.

He used "Progressive" in quotes as an irony because he means they are the opposite - inept, vicious, broken, criminal. Black and brown people are inept, vicious, broken, corrupt, criminals. HE IS SAYING IT RIGHT THERE IN ENGLISH.

And of course, it's all projection because he is all those things.

Get it?

I know Pelosi is waiting for Trump to humiliate himself but that is impossible

ALL Democrats need to find a way to callout a Tyrannical Racist

What did Hillary say about Trump being Putins (bleep)?

He is trying to divide and humiliate America.

An Evil Clown show...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Horrible part about this is

He wouldn't say this (bleep) if there weren't Americans who lap it up and post memes to their secret ICE Facebook Group hooraying Trumps Nationalistic Racism

We go from a Harvard Graduate with self respect and a vision of equality

To a vicious racist bully who rapes women and children.. physically and figuratively

How the (bleep) did this happen?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

You have changed my mind. I now think that AOC should go back to where she came from.

Wait. That would be Brooklyn. No. Wait. He meant where her family came from. That would be Puerto Rico.

Last time I checked, both of them are part of the United States and have been for a while.

To even try and play the pseudo contrarian super pseudo intellect on this one is pushing into Alex Jones rush Limbaugh territory.

(bleep)!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/14/founder-of-african-american-museum-found-dead-in-car-trunk/amp/

75 year old woman
Kindest soul
Brutally murdered and stuffed in a car trunk

I'm suspecting KKK type activity or local gang upset at her for something??

Trump's America
Moscows America
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Trump Is a Racist. If You Still Support Him, So Are You.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-is-a-racist-if-you-still-support-him-so-are-you
This brings me back to 2016 debates with Adkindo in this thread. I 'member.

It's funny how complicated and convoluted the points are for Trump voters who say he's not racist.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

It's called body of work. Trump has a 50-year body of work that contains hundreds of examples of his racism. These latest remarks confirm everything we already know about him. He is beyond being given the benefit of the doubt. When he called Obama lazy for playing golf, could anyone prove that particular statement was racist? When he calls Maxine Waters a low I.Q. individual can we prove that one statement is racist? When he rags on black football players for taking a knee, can we prove that his rant is racist? When he tried to get the Central Park 5 the death penalty, can we prove that had a racial motivation? When he propagated the Obama birtherism conspiracy, do we know he did it for racial reasons? When he called Don Lemon the dumbest man on television and said by comparison he made LeBron look smart which he said wasn't easy to do, was that racist? When he and his father were caught refusing to rent to blacks, I suppose it was just a coincidence? This is what racists do. They throw out passive aggressive racist (and sexist) dog whistles. The receivers knows EXACTLY what the subliminal and not so subliminal message is. Trump singled out four women of color, some of whom are Muslim, to criticize, and basically told them to go back to their own (bleep)-hole countries. It's the equivalent of white people in the sixties telling black people who had been born here to go back to Africa. And three of the women were born in the U.S. and one came as a 10-yr old and became a citizen at 18. And he's telling them to go back where they came from? AND YOU HAVE A DOUBT ABOUT WHETHER THAT WAS RACIST?!??!?!?!

lol. And those are just off the top of my head without googling.

A couple of observations on this issue:

Donald Trump is a RA_IST . . .

If only there were a clear sign . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Here's his 2020 campaign slogan: I'M NOT A RACIST! DEMOCRATS ARE RACIST!

Quote:
Donald J. Trump

So sad to see the Democrats sticking up for people who speak so badly of our Country and who, in addition, hate Israel with a true and unbridled passion. Whenever confronted, they call their adversaries, including Nancy Pelosi, “RACIST.” Their disgusting language.....

‏....and the many terrible things they say about the United States must not be allowed to go unchallenged. If the Democrat Party wants to continue to condone such disgraceful behavior, then we look even more forward to seeing you at the ballot box in 2020!

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Here's his 2020 campaign slogan: I'M NOT A RACIST! DEMOCRATS ARE RACIST!

On the other hand, I saw this today:

Look's like Trump's 2020 campaign slogan is "Fuçk it! I'm a racist!"

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Yup, it just depends on which crowd he's talking to. There is no bottom to his vile depravity.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

One more
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1612, 1613, 1614 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1613 of 3663
Jump to: