THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1615, 1616, 1617 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

DELETED BY jodeke

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

DELETED BY jodeke

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Just in vote to strike fail.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Limbaugh now says deficits and debt never mattered and that all the talk about those things was bogus during all the years when Obama was president. In other words, he tells his audience he lied to them, and, sadly, the audience won't care.

Conservatism in a nutshell.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Once people step out of the haze of (bleep) around Trump we will see that he is and always was a Russian Terrorist

Slowly Bankrupting everything good about America

I personally consider the Tax Cuts a near 9/11 style terrorist attack on the citizens of America by predator billionaires

Then the Tariffs that were known in advance would undue any tax cut gains

(bleep) on every ally and cozying up to Dictators and always meeting with Putin in private..

From day one sewing seeds of discontent and hatred in all parts of out society

Currently making America a stain in history by his concentration camps

Terrorist from day one

One trillion dollar federal budget deficit...
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

another W for GOP, another L for USA
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

You nerd!

Oh, by the way, the vote to condemn Trump's words right now is 75-69
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Huh? They voted to strike down the language of Pelosi, and it failed. Unless I'm misunderstanding what they did?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Democrats in the House are going to vote to censure Trump explicitly calling out his racism and bigotry. That's only happened a couple of times in U.S. History. So it's not nothing.

Quote:
Kyle Griffin

Rep. Steve Cohen has introduced H. Res. 490, a resolution of censure against Trump "for his racist and xenophobic comments" about Reps. Omar, Ocasio-Cortez, Tlaib, and Pressley.

link

And the "Gentleman" from Georgia moved to have Pelosi's comments taken from the record.

Yeah, it is wrong and unparlimentarian for the House to condemn the president for horribly offensive language, using strong and appropriate, APPROVED by the Parliamentarian, language.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Huh? They voted to strike down the language of Pelosi, and it failed. Unless I'm misunderstanding what they did?

You are not.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You nerd!

So far, there are actually four, count them, four, all of four Republicans (and Amash) who have a gram of decency.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

240 yeas to 187 no-sacs.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Once people step out of the haze of (bleep) around Trump we will see that he is and always was a Russian Terrorist

Slowly Bankrupting everything good about America

I personally consider the Tax Cuts a near 9/11 style terrorist attack on the citizens of America by predator billionaires

Then the Tariffs that were known in advance would undue any tax cut gains

(bleep) on every ally and cozying up to Dictators and always meeting with Putin in private..

From day one sewing seeds of discontent and hatred in all parts of out society

Currently making America a stain in history by his concentration camps

Terrorist from day one

One trillion dollar federal budget deficit...

I don't disagree with any of this.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Here's what Kellyanne's husband penned in the Washington Post today:

Washington Post: George Conway: Trump is a racist president

Quote:
To this day, I can remember almost the precise spot where it happened: a supermarket parking lot in eastern Massachusetts. It was the mid-1970s; I was not yet a teenager, or barely one. I don’t remember exactly what precipitated the woman’s ire. But I will never forget what she said to my mother, who had come to this country from the Philippines decades before. In these words or something close, the woman said, “Go back to your country.”

I remember the incident well, but it never bothered me all that much. Nor did racial slurs, which, thankfully, were rare. None of it was troublesome, to my mind, because most Americans weren’t like that. The woman in the parking lot was just a boor, an ignoramus, an aberration. America promised equality. Its constitution said so. My schoolbooks said so. The country wasn’t perfect, to be sure. But its ideals were. And every day brought us closer to those ideals.

Quote:
How naive a child could be. The woman in the parking lot — there were many more like her, it turned out. They never went away. Today they attend rallies, and they post ugliness on Facebook or Twitter. As for the victims of historic racial oppression, no matter how much affirmative action (or reverse discrimination, or whatever you want to call it) the nation offered, they, too, had resentments that never went away — in part because of people like the parking-lot woman. Those resentments often led to more, not fewer, charges of racism as the years passed — charges of institutional racism and “white privilege.”

Quote:
And how naive an adult could be. The birther imaginings about Barack Obama? Just a silly conspiracy theory, latched onto by an attention seeker who has a peculiar penchant for them. The “Mexican” Judge Gonzalo P. Curiel incident? Asinine, inappropriate, a terrible attack on the judiciary by an egocentric man who imagined that the judge didn’t like him. The white supremacists’ march in Charlottesville? The president’s comments were absolutely idiotic, but he couldn’t possibly have been referring to those self-described Nazis as “good people”; in his sloppy, inarticulate way, he was referring to both sides of the debate over Civil War statues, and venting his anger about being criticized.

No, I thought, President Trump was boorish, dim-witted, inarticulate, incoherent, narcissistic and insensitive. He’s a pathetic bully but an equal-opportunity bully — in his uniquely crass and crude manner, he’ll attack anyone he thinks is critical of him. No matter how much I found him ultimately unfit, I still gave him the benefit of the doubt about being a racist. No matter how much I came to dislike him, I didn’t want to think that the president of the United States is a racial bigot.

But Sunday left no doubt. Naivete, resentment and outright racism, roiled in a toxic mix, have given us a racist president. Trump could have used vile slurs, including the vilest of them all, and the intent and effect would have been no less clear. Telling four non-white members of Congress — American citizens all, three natural-born — to “go back” to the “countries” they “originally came from”? That’s racist to the core. It doesn’t matter what these representatives are for or against — and there’s plenty to criticize them for — it’s beyond the bounds of human decency. For anyone, not least a president.

So how can dems fight this and not let it be the week's headline then poof, moving on to another headline?

His wife, today: Kellyanne Conway snaps back at reporter: 'What's your ethnicity?'
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You nerd!

1. No Ad Hominem/Personal Attacks: You are to post news, address arguments and discuss elections, proposed ballot measures, policies, executive orders, laws, court decisions, legislation, etc. Do not discuss a poster's perceived agenda or a poster's perceived bias. Direct your comments toward the poster's opinion, the news provided or the policy issues discussed rather than directing your comments toward the poster themselves. The general rule is attack the post, not the poster, especially in this thread.

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You nerd!

1. No Ad Hominem/Personal Attacks: You are to post news, address arguments and discuss elections, proposed ballot measures, policies, executive orders, laws, court decisions, legislation, etc. Do not discuss a poster's perceived agenda or a poster's perceived bias. Direct your comments toward the poster's opinion, the news provided or the policy issues discussed rather than directing your comments toward the poster themselves. The general rule is attack the post, not the poster, especially in this thread.

This is the post a nerd would make. (We're joshing you, buddy.)

Last edited by Cutheon on Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Wilt wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You are not.

oh, my bad... that was a vote to condemn Pelosi which failed, not about Trump
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You nerd!

I do hope that this is in jest, as was my post, and that I just don't see it in your words.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You nerd!

I do hope that this is in jest, as was my post, and that I just don't see it in your words.

Didn't pickup on the jest. How bout if I added ed to fail?

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Man, did anyone else see that Randi Kaye interview with the 8 Republican women in Dallas?

Made my blood boil.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

DMR and I rarely agree on anything but we agree on this. If Trump were strategic, he would have created a different distraction. If your opponents are tearing each other apart, you’d find a way to highlight that. Instead of the story being about the Dems circular firing squad, he shifted the narrative to his xenophobic tweet and gave his opponents a rallying point. Yes, it is still a distraction but not an advisable one IMO and I’m inclined to believe he is more of a wrecking ball (that sometimes hits the wrong building) than a demo hammer that is more precise and deliberate.

Maggie Habberman said it really well with Anderson Cooper. Trump just blunders into things, so there no over all thought out strategy. He just has a tactic he has learned where he takes those things and finds ways to make them work for him.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You nerd!

Didn't pickup on the jest. How bout if I added ed to fail?

You see, I was also watching the hearing, so, in effect, I was calling myself a nerd, and why I added my knowledge (as I continued to watch) of the continuation of the hearing as it moved to vote to condemn Trump. Oh well.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

"I would like to make a point of order that the gentlewoman's words are unparliamentary and ask they be taken down," Collins said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/453383-house-votes-against-striking-pelosi-remarks-from-record?amp

Unparliamentary
These people are like nothing ever.
Pure rotten hypocrisy and scum of our species

Evolution would have buried these traitors in a ditch before they got so powerful

Our society cannot support Republican lies and MASSIVE MASSIVE THEFT
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Man, did anyone else see that Randi Kaye interview with the 8 Republican women in Dallas?

Made my blood boil.

Yeah. I would like to see THEM go back to where their ancestors came from, as we are in the 21st century, not the dark ages.

But this issue, as with so many, means we continue to talk about Trump in a way that distracts and gains nothing.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

As an immigrant and a refugee, seeing that only four out of almost 200 Republicans in the House condemned his racism and xenophobia is yet another indication that I'm not welcomed in this country by a huge chunk of the population.

In some ways, this was the saddest day of this awful presidency.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1615, 1616, 1617 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 1616 of 3670
Jump to: