THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1667, 1668, 1669 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Okay, here is new video from the Rose Garden with Trump at the microphones, he turns to look at the sky and proclaims, "I am the chosen one!" This is not a joke. This is not the onion. He just did this.

https://twitter.com/minhtngo/status/1164233053759131648

I preface this with I AM NOT A TRUMP SUPPORTER.

To be fair he was talking about he was the chosen one for fixing the trade deficit with China.

If you don't think he was tying that into the recent comments that say he was chosen by God, you are foolish or off your rocker.

Exactly. He is escalating this nonsense on purpose. Just like when he "jokes" about being president for a third or fourth term. He's only half-joking. He's telling you what he actually believes/wants to happen. "I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue...and they would still support me." He is both expressing what he believes (delusionally) about himself and planting seeds for his cult followers. He a (bleep) sicko who sadly will never get what he really deserves. I'll leave it there.

Yep. The idea that he simply meant he was the right guy to deal with China is laughable.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
governator wrote:
this Trump tweet about Denmark is embarassing... again

It's just an excuse to get out of making the trip. Someone else is going to be visiting there a couple weeks later and the contrast between how each of them are received would be...noticeable.

yeah, just embarrasing as an American
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Okay, here is new video from the Rose Garden with Trump at the microphones, he turns to look at the sky and proclaims, "I am the chosen one!" This is not a joke. This is not the onion. He just did this.

To be fair he was talking about he was the chosen one for fixing the trade deficit with China.

If you don't think he was tying that into the recent comments that say he was chosen by God, you are foolish or off your rocker.

Exactly. He is escalating this nonsense on purpose. Just like when he "jokes" about being president for a third or fourth term. He's only half-joking. He's telling you what he actually believes/wants to happen. "I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue...and they would still support me." He is both expressing what he believes (delusionally) about himself and planting seeds for his cult followers. He a (bleep) sicko who sadly will never get what he really deserves. I'll leave it there.

Yep. The idea that he simply meant he was the right guy to deal with Cuba is laughable.

That was China and I stand by my convictions.

All CL posted is true but it doesn't eliminate his statement being directed to the trade deficit. Was he sending a message to his minions, most likely.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Chris Evans @ChrisEvans

If Barack Obama looked to the sky and said ‘I’m the chosen one’, even as a joke(which this wasn’t), everyone at Fox News would look like they just peeked inside the Ark of the Covenant
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

God told George Bush to invade Iraq
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Why would God choose the most horrible citizen to defend good people?

Trump is not Saul of Tarsus having a revelation.. Saul changed his ways.. Trump just finds Divine Intervention as powers to increase his cruelty and viciousness..

There is no moment Trump says he is Chosen by God and it only applies to X. If Trump says he is Chosen.. it is far bigger than a Trade Agreement God chose him for.

And that evil man bringing the name of God into his works is just another vile thing this Terrorist does.

Could you imagine a child hearing Trump say he was chosen by God and its parents being in agreement.. Grab em by the (bleep) son..
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Chris Evans @ChrisEvans

If Barack Obama looked to the sky and said ‘I’m the chosen one’, even as a joke(which this wasn’t), everyone at Fox News would look like they just peeked inside the Ark of the Covenant

He would've been assassinated in under 2 weeks. Funny thing is Obama had the same skin color as Jesus

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

The U.S. economy had 501,000 fewer jobs in March 2019 than previously reported,

Quote:
The preliminary revision in 2018, for example, was just 43,000.

Only a difference of over 450,000.. Known as a rounding error in Trump talk..

LIES told to the world so America can burn even faster
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump Calls to Allow Russia to Join G7
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/08/21/trump-calls-to-allow-russia-to-join-g7-moscow-responds-with-skepticism-a66950
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Chris Evans @ChrisEvans

Let me make myself clear. I believe he looked at the sky to emphasize him being the chosen one. My point is that's only half the sentence. Left out is he was talking about the China deficit. WHY?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Chris Evans @ChrisEvans

He would've been assassinated in under 2 weeks. Funny thing is Obama had the same skin color as Jesus

Revelation 1:15

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Yep. The idea that he simply meant he was the right guy to deal with Cuba is laughable.

Damn iPhone AC strikes again!

Quote:
All CL posted is true but it doesn't eliminate his statement being directed to the trade deficit. Was he sending a message to his minions, most likely.

The statement was directed at keeping the "chosen by God" thing at the forefront . . . regardless of what your "convictions" may be.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

He also wanted to give himself a Medal of Honor

And before anyone says he was 'just joking', let me say that I have heard all of his 'jokes' and no one thinks they're funny.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

The statement was directed at keeping the "chosen by God" thing at the forefront . . . regardless of what your "convictions" may be.

You're glossing over
Quote:
Was he sending a message to his minions, most likely.
You're one who doesn't view the entire canvas only the portion that fits your narrative.

I'm in concert with those who think he was talking about being the chosen one. I spray the entire canvas, he was talking about China and it's being overlooked. As I posted in the post that started this back and forth I AM NOT A TRUMP SUPPORTER .

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

No one is arguing that Trump didn't make the statement in the context of answering a question about China. No one is saying that didn't happen. That's just not the point many of us are making. We're making the more important point that Trump is an unhinged lunatic who says outrageous stuff in order to gin up his base. And these latest escalations using religious imagery and prophecy symbols is both intentional and dangerous. With Trump you always have to be aware of both the forest and the trees. You can't simply focus on one or you miss the bigger picture.

/end point

Last edited by ChefLinda on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/08/21/trump-calls-to-allow-russia-to-join-g7-moscow-responds-with-skepticism-a66950

I'm trying to figure out exactly what this means. I maintain a spreadsheet with a lot of economic data including jobs. The data I have, which was probably updated at or around the time when the last monthly figures were released, is exactly the same as the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) currently shows--though I don't include preliminary (P) data (currently June and July) in my spreadsheet, as it can be off quite substantially. Maybe BLS has not updated

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0000000001?output_view=net_1mth
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
No one is arguing that Trump didn't make the statement in the context of answering a question about China. No one is saying that didn't happen. That's just not the point many of us are making. We're making the more important point that Trump is an unhinged lunatic who says outrageous stuff in order to gin up his base. And these latest escalations using religious imagery and prophecy symbols is both intentional and dangerous. With Trump you always have to be aware of both the forest and the trees. You can't simply focus on one or you miss the bigger picture.

/end point

I agree Trump is unhinged. He's talked about him being the chosen one on several occasions. My position is in this instance he was talking about China, that's all.
Quote:
I'm in concert with those who think he was talking about being the chosen one.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

You're glossing over
Quote:
You're one who doesn't view the entire canvas only the portion that fits your narrative.

I'm in concert with those who think he was talking about being the chosen one. I spray the entire canvas, he was talking about China and it's being overlooked. As I posted in the post that started this back and forth I AM NOT A TRUMP SUPPORTER .

Not at all. I (as well as CL) am pointing out the FULL and significant narrative.

If you had felt there was more meaning to what he was saying before it was pointed out, you wouldn't have made the mistake of going down the "to be fair . . ." path.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

You're glossing over
Quote:

Not at all. I (as well as CL) am pointing out the FULL and significant narrative.

If you had felt there was more meaning to what he was saying before it was pointed out, you wouldn't have made the mistake of going down the "to be fair . . ." path.

Not true. To be fair was my point that he was talking about China and it was glossed over. His saying he's the chosen one is something he's done on several occasions. He probably thinks he is the chosen one. I'm talking about this time and this time only.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

Quote:

I'm trying to figure out exactly what this means. I maintain a spreadsheet with a lot of economic data including jobs. The data I have, which was probably updated at or around the time when the last monthly figures were released, is exactly the same as the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) currently shows--though I don't include preliminary (P) data (currently June and July) in my spreadsheet, as it can be off quite substantially. Maybe BLS has not updated

I see the title was confusing to me so I used a sentence from the article as headline.. Looking back could it be 501,000 fewer jobs March 2018- Mar 2019? Just me thinking in laymen terms
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Let's recap:

Anti Semitic remarks

Called himself the chosen one

Re-tweeted someone calling him King of the Jews and a god to Israel

Cancelled a visit with an important strategic ally because they wouldn't sell him part of their country

Walked back being for universal background checks on gun owners

Accused the media of trying to cause a recession

Lashed out at the Fed for not adjusting interest rates, which might put off a recession for a little while, but would make things far worse in the long run

Oh, and by the way, that was just the last 24 FREAKING HOURS.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Total private employment was actually revised down 514,000

^^ was a quote in thread..?

Private Employment Numbers
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0500000001 Only being helpful.. haven't viewed it yet

Here
https://abcnews4.com/news/nation-world/us-has-501000-fewer-jobs-than-first-reported

Quote:
The Labor Department will update these revisions in February 2020.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Let's recap:

Anti Semitic remarks

Cancelled a visit with an important strategic ally because they wouldn't sell him part of their country

Lashed out at the Fed for not adjusting interest rates, which might put off a recession for a little while, but would make things far worse in the long run

Sadly that's becoming the new norm.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Let's recap:

Anti Semitic remarks

517 days
Time left until Trump leaves office

Accidental drug overdose is currently the leading cause of death in the United States for those under 50.
http://www.drugpolicy.org/issues/drug-overdose
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

Quote:

I see the title was confusing to me so I used a sentence from the article as headline.. Looking back could it be 501,000 fewer jobs March 2018- Mar 2019? Just me thinking in laymen terms

I think it is something like that, or jobs in 2018, as it was indicated in one article:

Quote:
In 2018, the average 223,000 monthly increase in employment may have been too good to be true, and economists are trimming their estimates closer to a range of 180,000 to 185,000.

My data also shows 223K jobs on average for calendar year 2018, but again, if BLS revised downwards, why doesn't it show a downward revision (not directed at you, the messenger, but anybody who might know)?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Let's recap:

Anti Semitic remarks

Sadly that's becoming the new norm.

2020 will determine how the next generation of America will live
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Trumpism has spread like wildfire in other parts of the world

Jair Bolsonaro
President of Brazil
Is a very diseased man.. The Amazon is literal burning because of his hatred for the indigenous peoples and his murderous capitalism
**I wonder how much American Billionaires and others have done to help him get elected and in turn destroy the amazon even further...?

He removed protections for indigenous peoples .. protected primitive tribes that have had limited to zero outside contact.. they are being murdered for their land now..

Trumpism is just Pure Unrestrained Greed and Nihilism.. along with Darwin.. The strongest politically, financially and militarily will rule ..

Who is going to stop them.. how?

Voting will result in Civil War this time?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1667, 1668, 1669 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 1668 of 3671
Jump to: