THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1671, 1672, 1673 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Some really don't understand the damage he and his ilk have done to this planet on a permanent, or at least generational, level. Something like that needs to be recognized.

And condemned.

I respect the passing of those who were respectable, and I damn sure will not for those who were/are as despicable as the Kochs.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

If only the Cato Institute died with him.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

What a great start to my vacation.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

Michigan city council candidate Jean Cramer wants to keep community as white "as possible"

This despicable attitude is certainly not new to the World under Trump. But his comments and "leadership" have certainly encouraged and emboldened such miserable people to craw out from under their rocks.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Hey, let's continue this where it belongs. We have pushed this plenty far.

+1 Respect the dead. Let the deceased RIP

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Washington Post: Trump may be a lot more vulnerable than you think

Quote:
the Monmouth poll says, “A majority (57%) of registered voters say it is time to have someone new in the Oval Office, while just under 4-in-10 (39%) feel that Trump should be reelected in 2020.” He is losing support just about everywhere:

"In approximately 300 “swing” counties, accounting for about one-fifth of the total U.S. electorate, only 35% back the incumbent’s reelection compared with 60% who want a new occupant in the White House. Since March, support for Trump’s reelection has ranged between 33% and 45% across these swing counties. In 2016, Trump lost the cumulative vote in these counties by just one percentage point."

"In the nearly 2,500 “red” counties that Trump won by an average of 36 points in 2016, his current standing is a comparatively narrower 60% for reelection and 36% for someone new. In the remaining 360 “blue” counties that Hillary Clinton won by about 35 points on average, only 25% of voters support Trump for a second term while 72% want someone new. Over the past five months, support for the president’s reelection has ranged between 51% and 60% in the “Trump counties” and between 21% and 25% in the “Clinton counties.”

This should provide a few takeaways for the 2020 election.

First, if he is less popular in red counties, blue counties and purple counties, the chances of winning the electoral vote and losing the popular (as in 2016) would seem unlikely. We see that phenomenon in some swing states where Democrats haven’t recently won electoral votes. (“Former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) are statistically tied with President Trump in Arizona, a state that hasn’t voted for a Democratic presidential candidate in a quarter century, according to a new poll.”)
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

Apparently the Mods don't want the Death of the verminous David Koch discussed on it's own subject, so I will post this here . . .

From Stonekettle's Jim Wright:

David Koch is dead.

David Koch of the Koch Brothers, of Koch Industries, is dead.

As if I'm supposed to feel sorrow at that. Right?

Please.

Koch is dead. So what? He went out on his own terms, rich beyond dreams, privileged beyond measure, smug beyond all bounds, and he'll never have to face the future he created. He'll never have to face the oceans choked with garbage, the ravaged land, the ruined climate, healthcare denied to millions, poverty, war, none of it. He'll never have to face any of it.

But that's how this always goes.

That's how they think, well, if I'm wrong, *I* won't be around to see it. Let the future deal with it.

That's what these sons of (bleep) always do.

They don't die, they escape.

And this, jodeke, is why I just don't blanketly respect the dead just because they died. I don't respect the people unworthy of, even in death - ESPECIALLY not in death. That would be ignorant of the damage they have done.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Apparently the Mods don't want the Death of the verminous David Koch discussed on it's own subject, so I will post this here . . .

From Stonekettle's Jim Wright:

David Koch is dead.

David Koch of the Koch Brothers, of Koch Industries, is dead.

As if I'm supposed to feel sorrow at that. Right?

Please.

Koch is dead. So what? He went out on his own terms, rich beyond dreams, privileged beyond measure, smug beyond all bounds, and he'll never have to face the future he created. He'll never have to face the oceans choked with garbage, the ravaged land, the ruined climate, healthcare denied to millions, poverty, war, none of it. He'll never have to face any of it.

But that's how this always goes.

That's how they think, well, if I'm wrong, *I* won't be around to see it. Let the future deal with it.

That's what these sons of (bleep) always do.

They don't die, they escape.

And this, jodeke, is why I just don't blanketly respect the dead just because they died. I don't respect the people unworthy of, even in death - ESPECIALLY not in death. That would be ignorant of the damage they have done.

To each their own.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: One Koch brother down . . .

Hector the Pup wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
. . . one to go!

Rest In Hell MFer.

You perfectly represent your people on the far left.

The “tolerant” left

That is what Hitler wanted...Tolerance lmao

Your party has become Intolerable and you know it

My party? I don’t belong to one.

Hiter wanted tolerance No he wanted a single minded nation and persecuted people with differing views from his regime.

I don't know why, but what you just said sounds strangely familiar. I could link a single Twitter user that echoes that and more.

There’s tons of people both conservative and liberal who are intolerant of people’s opposing views. That’s the biggest problem this country has right now and is why the chasm between ideologies seems to be growing exponentially. It’s not one or the other as both sides try to insinuate. Both misrepresent the other sides, both make broad off base claims about the other side and both would rather call the other names than engage in nuanced discussion. Both sides share the blame and I’m looking forward to the day when people realize that and find a way to meet in the middle. That’s when significant progress will start. Not by taking turns calling people snowflakes and racists for disagreeing about political policy. Both are at fault and if you don’t see that, you may need to do some self reflection and deep thinking about how you engage in political discourse.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: One Koch brother down . . .

BigGameHames wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
. . . one to go!

Rest In Hell MFer.

The “tolerant” left

Hiter wanted tolerance No he wanted a single minded nation and persecuted people with differing views from his regime.

I don't know why, but what you just said sounds strangely familiar. I could link a single Twitter user that echoes that and more.

There’s tons of people both conservative and liberal who are intolerant of people’s opposing views. That’s the biggest problem this country has right now and is why the chasm between ideologies seems to be growing exponentially. It’s not one or the other as both sides try to insinuate. Both misrepresent the other sides, both make broad off base claims about the other side and both would rather call the other names than engage in nuanced discussion. Both sides share the blame and I’m looking forward to the day when people realize that and find a way to meet in the middle. That’s when significant progress will start. Not by taking turns calling people snowflakes and racists for disagreeing about political policy. Both are at fault and if you don’t see that, you may need to do some self reflection and deep thinking about how you engage in political discourse.

There are things that people should be intolerant of . . .

For example, it would be nice if Trump and his GOP cronies would be intolerant of White Nationalism . . .

Intolerance is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it can be quite virtuous.

So you may want to heed your own words in regards to the second bolded statement.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: One Koch brother down . . .

BigGameHames wrote:

Tell us when did a Democrat not bring up a SCOTUS appointment for a vote? When did a Democrat call a bunch of women who did not agree with them, nasty? When did a Democrat say to four Republicans, "send them back"? When did a Democrat lie or misrepresent over 10,000 times and counting? When did a Democrat say he likes to grab a woman by ______? When did a bunch of Democrats get together on the first day of a Republican's presidency and vow to not ever cooperate? When did Democrats get caught cheating in North Carolina by not turning in ballots? When did Democrats lie about voter impersonation to try to stifle the vote? When did the Democratic Party become almost exclusively white and old and male, with elections paid for by the Plutocracy (the swamp)? When did Democrats separate families for politics?

This is just a very small sample of all the shenanigans pulled off by Republicans.

Last edited by ribeye on Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Or blocking legislation to protect our elections?

Or blocking legislation to at least try and reduce the record mass shootings by just a little bit?

Or recognizing that white supremacists have now killed more americans on US soil than any foreign enemy?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

Or when did the Democrats go through all the effort and cost to recall a bunch of Republican governors (going back to Grey Davis here in Cali) just because they didn't like the results.

Or when have the Democrats denied science?

Or when have the Democrats wanted to silence the press?

Or when have the Democrats put lobbyists who lobbied against an agency (an agency with the purpose of protecting something or someone) in charge of that agency?

Or when did a Democratic president use an extremely partisan cable station to find candidates to fill positions?

Or when did a Democratic president believe that the Justice Department was his to use for his pleasure or protection?

Or when did a Democratic president have 24 sexual misconduct allegations, including rape, levied against them?

Or when did a Democratic president compliment murdering un-American thugs like Putin, Kim Jong-un or the Saudi Prince, while at the same time criticizing a large swath of Americans?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Not by taking turns calling people snowflakes and racists for disagreeing about political policy.

Republicans use "snowflakes" to demean people. Those who call Republicans "racists" are calling them that because of their actions and words, not to demean them, but to describe their actions and words.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: One Koch brother down . . .

DaMuleRules wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
. . . one to go!

Rest In Hell MFer.

The “tolerant” left

There are things that people should be intolerant of . . .

For example, it would be nice if Trump and his GOP cronies would be intolerant of White Nationalism . . .

Intolerance is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it can be quite virtuous.

So you may want to heed your own words in regards to the second bolded statement.

Yes it would. I don’t support Trump nor do I condone many things he’s said and done. I did not vote for him and I won’t in 2020. Doesn’t mean I can’t criticize the left for being unfairly intolerant of conservative policy’s and beliefs.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Or when did the Democrats go through all the effort and cost to recall a bunch of Republican governors (going back to Grey Davis here in Cali) just because they didn't like the results.

Or when have the Democrats put lobbyists who lobbied against an agency (an agency with the purpose of protecting something or someone) in charge of that agency?

Or when did a Democratic president use an extremely partisan cable station to find candidates to fill positions?

Or when did a Democratic president believe that the Justice Department was his to use for his pleasure or protection?

Or when did a Democratic president have 24 sexual misconduct allegations, including rape, levied against them?

Or when did a Democratic president compliment murdering un-American thugs like Putin, Kim Jong-un or the Saudi Prince, while at the same time criticizing a large swath of Americans?

When did I say I support Trump and his administration? He’s obviously intolerant of opposing views and I clearly stated both sides need to come towards the middle.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
Not by taking turns calling people snowflakes and racists for disagreeing about political policy.

Republicans use "snowflakes" to demean people. Those who call Republicans "racists" are calling them that because of their actions and words, not to demean them, but to describe their actions and words.

Racist gets thrown around unfairly far too often. Somebody who is a republican because they believe in conservative economic policies is not inherently a racist no matter how much you attempt to paint them in that light.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Somebody who is a republican because they believe in conservative economic policies is not inherently a racist no matter how much you attempt to paint them in that light.

They are complicit when they sit back and watch their party leaders further racist agendas and embolden and encourage racism. And being complicit is not much different.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

DELETED WRONG THREAD jodeke

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: One Koch brother down . . .

BigGameHames wrote:

Yes it would. I don’t support Trump nor do I condone many things he’s said and done. I did not vote for him and I won’t in 2020. Doesn’t mean I can’t criticize the left for being unfairly intolerant of conservative policy’s and beliefs.

This is the kind of intellectual dishonesty that proves you are not truly interested in a meaningful discussion. The left is not just indiscriminately intolerant of "conservative policy’s and beliefs". They are intolerant of those policies and action that are inherently and undeniably damaging and or discriminatory.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: One Koch brother down . . .

DaMuleRules wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

This is the kind of intellectual dishonesty that proves you are not truly interested in a meaningful discussion. The left is not just indiscriminately intolerant of "conservative policy’s and beliefs". They are intolerant of those policies and action that are inherently and undeniably damaging and or discriminatory.

Believe what you want. I should’ve said some members of the left or the far left instead of lumping everybody together but I stand by what I said with that small adjustment.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Liking tax cuts does not make you a member of a protected class.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Liking tax cuts does not make you a member of a protected class.

Liking well thought out tax cuts is fine. That is not what this was. The people who actually understand how things work said these cuts would not do a single thing they were touted to do before they were implemented and it has since been proven that not only did they do what the gullible and greedy wanted them to do, they made things even worse than originally projected.

Stimulate the economy? HA! Those cuts and the tariffs make up about 95% of the reason that we are heading for a recession.

Create job growth? Yeah. Right. Layoffs, closures, hiring freezes and unless you're part of the .1% you didn't get any financial benefit.

Allow companies to re-invest that money into their companies in the form of equipment upgrades, better pay for employees, hiring? Nope. Stock buybacks.

They would pay for themselves? Not even close. Last time I checked both the deficit and debt have skyrocketed.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
ribeye wrote:

When did I say I support Trump and his administration? He’s obviously intolerant of opposing views and I clearly stated both sides need to come towards the middle.

Not all of these pertain to Trump.

While I agree there needs to be movement on both sides, since the Republicans appear to be party first, country second; winning first, ethics second; a despicable president first, the constitution second; money, lots and lots of money, first, our children's future second; willing to turn their heads as their president ruins (at least attempts to) our country; willing to do ANYTHING to further their ever increasing radical points of view, and since their points of view or their agendas (such as no movement of ANY gun law, or finding any end-run against abortion, or, not only curbing illegal immigration, but all immigration (unless the jobs are such that they help the plutocrats), or rolling back the many (environmental, worker, or consumer) protections the country has gained in the last 40-50 years), are so stead fast and unaltering, AND they have become increasingly unwilling to compromise, just how do you think we can get somewhere?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

So Trump tweets out crazy threats this morning about China tariffs, some of the threats toward American companies and consumers. This creates more chaos and instability and this in turns freaks out investors and the Dow tanks. This is how the "chosen one" responded:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The Dow is down 573 points perhaps on the news that Representative Seth Moulton, whoever that may be, has dropped out of the 2020 Presidential Race!

Is that a joke? Does he really think people will find that funny? Does he think any insult of a Democrat by him will be so welcome by his cult that they will forget that HE'S the one that just tanked the Dow and is now joking about it? Does he really think people are that stupid or does he really believe that he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and blow up the economy and his supporters will still stick with him? This is a dangerous game on a thousand levels. He's betting the farm that an even more extreme version of Trumpsim will help him win in 2020. Buckle your seatbelt.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1671, 1672, 1673 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1672 of 3663
Jump to: