THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1803, 1804, 1805 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

https://morningconsult.com/2019/11/10/bloomberg-is-top-choice-for-4-percent-of-democratic-primary-voters/

Poll with Bloomberg in the race. Biden and Bernie unaffected.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wilt wrote:
focus wrote:
Chuck Todd is just ridiculous pushing Bloomberg. Every utterance met with skepticism from the rest on the panel.

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1192812812055252998

Inside the beltway bubble.

I think he broke the original story.

Chuck Todd's shtick basically is that both sides are equally bad. And someone reasonable has to step in to bring back sanity. Of course, he's full of (bleep), but the people at NBC seem to like him, since they once promoted him from a Steve Kornacki-type numbers guy to the Political Director of NBC within a short period of time. He has also ruined Meet The Press and he hosts the worst show on MSNBC as well.

I believe the word you're looking for is hack.

That's a good description.

Here's a Democratic congressman exposing Chuck Todd's "both sides do it" nonsense on his own show. This came after Todd didn't challenge Rand Paul when he said what Trump and Biden did was exactly the same.

Quote:
REP. JIM HIMES: Chuck, if you'll, if you’ll grant me one second here, my head is only now decombusting from the exchange you had with Rand Paul. I've spent 11 years in public service defending the press, and when Senator Rand Paul comes on and says that what Donald Trump did -- and the transcript is there -- extorting a foreign government for his personal political gain, and that's exactly the same thing as Joe Biden, "Exactly the same thing," is what he said, as Joe Biden saying that this prosecutor should be released. When Joe Biden is acting in consistency with American foreign policy and back then we had a whole list of things that had to be done and this was American foreign policy, it was European Union policy, it was IMF policy that this prosecutor needed to go. When Rand Paul says that that's exactly the same thing as the president of the United States saying, "You need to find dirt on my political opponent," and with all due respect, Chuck, when you say, "Well, do two wrongs make a right?" Let's be very clear. The president of the United States demanding, extorting a vulnerable country to do his political bidding, to go after his opponent, has nothing to do with Joe Biden executing the foreign policy of the United States

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ZachMontellaro?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

New Quinnipiac NEW HAMPSHIRE poll (counts for the November and December debate)
Biden 20%
Warren 16%
Buttigieg 15%
Sanders 14%
Gabbard 6%
Yang 4%
Klobuchar 3%
Steyer 3%
Harris 1% (lol)

Tulsi's now one poll away from qualifying for December (gift basket to Hillary in the mail.)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

My favorite thing of the moment is all the conservative talking heads saying this impeachment is bad because it's not bipartisan (citing that the Clinton one was), knowing full well the entire strategy of the GOP is to not vote for it no matter what.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ribeye wrote:
^^^ In other words ^^^ Trump has reduced regulations to fatten the fat-cats fatter than they are at the expense of the environment, workers, consumers, and the world we leave our children.

You mean we haven't been taking "steps in the right direction?" Who knew?

I acknowledged we stopped making progress in 2018 after looking more into it. Also never intended to defend Trump. Progress must be made albeit less drastic progress than you feel we need IMO.

Will you acknowledge we’re not approaching an apocalypse or are you gonna stick by that?

I'll keep posting these as I see them since apparently you've missed many of these. When the government intentionally decides that facts and science don't matter and make public health policy based on what's best for big oil and corporate bottom lines, THEN MORE PEOPLE WILL DIE. It's like 2 + 2 equals 4.

NYT: E.P.A. to Limit Science Used to Write Public Health Rules

Quote:
The Trump administration is preparing to significantly limit the scientific and medical research that the government can use to determine public health regulations, overriding protests from scientists and physicians who say the new rule would undermine the scientific underpinnings of government policymaking.

A new draft of the Environmental Protection Agency proposal, titled Strengthening Transparency in Regulatory Science, would require that scientists disclose all of their raw data, including confidential medical records, before the agency could consider an academic study’s conclusions. E.P.A. officials called the plan a step toward transparency and said the disclosure of raw data would allow conclusions to be verified independently.

Translation: they want fake studies done by the Koch Brothers et al (who have a financial stake in limiting real science so they can make more profit) to be on equal footing with real science. It's the same as taking studies linking cigarettes to cancer then putting that on equal footing with propaganda from the tobacco industry "studies."

What the (bleep) happened to the Republican Party?

Quote:
“This means the E.P.A. can justify rolling back rules or failing to update rules based on the best information to protect public health and the environment, which means more dirty air and more premature deaths,” said Paul Billings, senior vice president for advocacy at the American Lung Association.

Public health experts warned that studies that have been used for decades — to show, for example, that mercury from power plants impairs brain development, or that lead in paint dust is tied to behavioral disorders in children — might be inadmissible when existing regulations come up for renewal.

For instance, a groundbreaking 1993 [b]Harvard University project that definitively linked polluted air to premature deaths, currently the foundation of the nation’s air-quality laws, could become inadmissible. W[/b]hen gathering data for their research, known as the Six Cities study, scientists signed confidentiality agreements to track the private medical and occupational histories of more than 22,000 people in six cities. They combined that personal data with home air-quality data to study the link between chronic exposure to air pollution and mortality.

But the fossil fuel industry and some Republican lawmakers have long criticized the analysis and a similar study by the American Cancer Society, saying the underlying data sets of both were never made public, preventing independent analysis of the conclusions.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

People have to understand Trump is a Russian Terrorist

His Environmental policies are designed to harm America/Americans

He hires.humans to run departments they've criticized and disparaged just so their hate for the department will ruin it

Wilbur Ross horrible thieving racist trash
Mick Mulvaney <<< As a congressman, Mulvaney had been a strong critic of the CFPB, calling it a "sick, sad" joke, and co-sponsoring legislation for its elimination.[89] (bleep) you Trump.
This piece of (bleep) from a (bleep) state holds three positions in Derp Terrorists cabinet
Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), as well as acting White House Chief of Staff.[1][2][3] A Republican, Mulvaney also served as the acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) from November 2017 to December 2018.

EPA was run by a person who hates the EPA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pruitt
In 2010, Pruitt was elected Attorney General of Oklahoma. In that role, he was pro-life, opposed same-sex marriage, the Affordable Care Act, and environmental regulations as a self-described "leading advocate against the EPA's activist agenda."[2

THESE ARE LITERAL NAZIS who consciously desire to cause suffering.
I'll bet 80% of Trump's picks should be incarcerated. Stinking (bleep) all scum trash like him

/Neverending Rant
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wilt wrote:
focus wrote:
Chuck Todd is just ridiculous pushing Bloomberg. Every utterance met with skepticism from the rest on the panel.

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1192812812055252998

Inside the beltway bubble.

I think he broke the original story.

Chuck Todd's shtick basically is that both sides are equally bad. And someone reasonable has to step in to bring back sanity. Of course, he's full of (bleep), but the people at NBC seem to like him, since they once promoted him from a Steve Kornacki-type numbers guy to the Political Director of NBC within a short period of time. He has also ruined Meet The Press and he hosts the worst show on MSNBC as well.

I believe the word you're looking for is hack.

His mindset to be able to come up with these comments, to be comfortable with them in that crowd, how did he get this way to be so indulged. Then I remember Chris Matthews. Get some freakin progressive who gets their boots in the mud out of the DC. I doubt the other three are non-mainstream, and they are looking at him like what the heck are you talking about?
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Rachel Maddow gave a very comprehensive breakdown tonight about how crazy our involvement in the Ukraine has been. There is so much here.

Every time someone suddenly resigns in his administration, there is so much more to the story. Rick Perry gets sent to observe the Ukrainian inauguration and then convinces the new president to give his largest political donors 50 year oil and pipeline contracts for millions more than competing bids from Ukrainian companies. Once things start to heat up on the probes into our dealings with the Ukraine...Rick Perry suddenly steps down.

John Bolton releases the funds that were allocated by congress to the Ukraine but were being held illegally by Trump...then he resigns a week later.

Crazy.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

Latest Quinnipiac poll from New Hampshire had Biden up by 4, followed by Warren, Buttigieg, and Sanders. The difference between Biden and Sanders is just 6 points. 61 percent of voters say they may still change their mind.

The previous poll by CNN had Sanders in first place.

With the race so close there, Iowa will probably be crucial. Biden has to do "well" in these two states to maintain his large margin in South Carolina.

There's a good chance that Buttigieg will win both Iowa and New Hampshire, which was highly unlikely a few weeks ago.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Latest Quinnipiac poll from New Hampshire had Biden up by 4, followed by Warren, Buttigieg, and Sanders. The difference between Biden and Sanders is just 6 points. 61 percent of voters say they may still change their mind.

With the race so close there, Iowa will probably be crucial. Biden has to do "well" in these two states to maintain his large margin in South Carolina.

There's a good chance that Buttigieg will win both Iowa and New Hampshire, which was highly unlikely a few weeks ago.

Warren might have peeked too early.

I think Bernie has a very good chance of winning Iowa as the Tulsi and Yang voters migrate to him once they fail to meet the 15% threshold.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

New Monmouth Iowa poll:

1. Buttigieg - 22% (+14 from August)
2. Biden - 19% (-7)
3. Warren - 18% (-2)
4. Sanders - 13% (+5)
5. Klobuchar - 5% (+2)
6. Harris/Steyer/Yang - 3%
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Rachel Maddow gave a very comprehensive breakdown tonight about how crazy our involvement in the Ukraine has been. There is so much here.

Every time someone suddenly resigns in his administration, there is so much more to the story. Rick Perry gets sent to observe the Ukrainian inauguration and then convinces the new president to give his largest political donors 50 year oil and pipeline contracts for millions more than competing bids from Ukrainian companies. Once things start to heat up on the probes into our dealings with the Ukraine...Rick Perry suddenly steps down.

John Bolton releases the funds that were allocated by congress to the Ukraine but were being held illegally by Trump...then he resigns a week later.

Crazy.

And who does it all benefit.. Bullying a new President of a Militarily Vulnerable country whom we have said we would protect..

So nice America is

Can you imagine all the (bleep) we will find out once Trump is forced out of office? I hope there is a mass incarceration

*I know this is a bit off topic and I think it was right here in this thread I followed the night the Gazillion Dollar tax cut was being voted on.. it needed to be voted on that night..

What goes on.. TWO separate times once with like 6 hours left then again with 3-4 hours left.. Stacks of papers with "Give these tax breaks to our buddies"
No time to read or Approve them just steal money from Americans and give to already wealthy and themselves..

^^THIS should be something Warren or Bernie should expose to the voters.. this is their money.. WE are the People.. *Corporations are people now too.. sigh

>>My biggest question in all of this.. well two of them..
were his picks given to him (by Russian intelligence) as people most likely to allow him to gangster?
and Why were so many people listening, or speaking, on that phone call? Something in me wonders if thought they had some master escape plan or was it just to compromise as many people as possible?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Warren might have peeked too early.

I think Bernie has a very good chance of winning Iowa as the Tulsi and Yang voters migrate to him once they fail to meet the 15% threshold.

I feel like I am seeing more news from Bernie lately.. some big headlines
Breakup this.. Reform that
bif bam pow etc
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
New Monmouth Iowa poll:

2. Biden - 19% (-7)
3. Warren - 18% (-2)
4. Sanders - 13% (+5)
5. Klobuchar - 5% (+2)

Disappointing. I really don't like Buttigieg. He was a progressive then turned moderate when he realized the progressive lane was taken.

I see his credentials and they're impressive. However, I really can pin down what he stands for. If that's who we end up with, I'll hold my nose and vote but I'll be very disappointed. I don't think he represents anything in particular...just his own ambition.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Bernie should be president if only to untangle the lives of Palestinians from the boot/bullets of Israel.

Quote:
Folke Bernadotte, Count of Wisborg (2 January 1895 – 17 September 1948) was a Swedish diplomat and King Oscar II's grandson with a comital title from Luxembourg. During World War II, he negotiated the release of about 31,000 prisoners from German concentration camps, including 450 Danish Jews from the Theresienstadt camp. They were released on 14 April 1945.[1][2][3] In 1945, he received a German surrender offer from Heinrich Himmler, though the offer was ultimately rejected.

R.I.P.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folke_Bernadotte#Assassination
I'll let you interpret the rest.. just take notice of where the people involved in his assassination ended up.. Running the country..

Bernie has some big bravery to bring sanity to the rhetoric regarding Israel.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
Wilt wrote:
New Monmouth Iowa poll:

2. Biden - 19% (-7)
3. Warren - 18% (-2)
4. Sanders - 13% (+5)
5. Klobuchar - 5% (+2)

Disappointing. I really don't like Buttigieg. He was a progressive then turned moderate when he realized the progressive lane was taken.

I see his credentials and they're impressive. However, I really can pin down what he stands for. If that's who we end up with, I'll hold my nose and vote but I'll be very disappointed. I don't think he represents anything in particular...just his own ambition.

He’s never been particularly progressive. You may have just seen the wrong switch as political. He tried to move leftward early on, but he’s very much a moderate to conservative Democrat.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
Wilt wrote:
New Monmouth Iowa poll:

2. Biden - 19% (-7)
3. Warren - 18% (-2)
4. Sanders - 13% (+5)
5. Klobuchar - 5% (+2)

A Third Way centrist with some woke signaling. Or a younger Biden without black support. I can't even imagine the mind of a person he appeals to, especially if the singular goal is to defeat Trump (which it usually is for that crowd).
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

A Third Way centrist with some woke signaling. Or a younger Biden without black support. I can't even imagine the mind of a person he appeals to, especially if the singular goal is to defeat Trump.

Internals from the poll:

Ideology:

Moderate/Conservative: 26%

Liberal 23%

Very Liberal 15%

Polls highest amongst women:

Buttigieg 24%

Biden 22%

Warren 20%

Polls highest amongst men:

Buttigieg 20%

Sanders 19%

Warren 16%

Amongst those 65+ yo:

Biden 29%

Buttigieg 26%

Age 50 to 64:

Buttigieg 24%

Biden 17%

Warren 17%

Under age 50:

Warren 24%

Buttigieg 19%

Sanders 19%

College Educated:

Buttigieg 24%

Warren 21%

Biden 15%

Without College Degree:

Buttigieg 21%

Biden 21%

Sanders 18%

Hope that answers it.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

This might explain it better: ‘The new candidate of the young elite’: Buttigieg battles Biden and Bloomberg for the center lane.

Quote:
Interviews with nearly a dozen Buttigieg backers in the investment community suggest the South Bend mayor’s mix of progressive stands on social issues [meaning: he's gay] and more moderate approaches to taxation, health care and the financial industry more broadly have kicked off a mini-movement among younger investor-types.

“I’ve always been more centrist in my views, socially liberal and more fiscally conservative,” said George Scott, a 48-year old investor and entrepreneur in Sunnyvale, Calif., who has donated $2,500 to Buttigieg so far. “I didn’t really like any of the candidates out there and I saw Pete on a morning talk show a few months back and he was just really smart, and articulate and sharp. He’s a veteran, from the Midwest. He really caught my attention.”

Young, rich people love him and he's saturating the market with ads, in other words.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

What matters in Iowa is organization, and ads don't matter as much. His ground game is apparently strong. He is also a prolific campaigner. "Rich people love him" doesn't explain his latest surge in Iowa. Ordinary people seem to like him, too.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
This might explain it better: ‘The new candidate of the young elite’: Buttigieg battles Biden and Bloomberg for the center lane.

Quote:
Interviews with nearly a dozen Buttigieg backers in the investment community suggest the South Bend mayor’s mix of progressive stands on social issues [meaning: he's gay] and more moderate approaches to taxation, health care and the financial industry more broadly have kicked off a mini-movement among younger investor-types.

“I’ve always been more centrist in my views, socially liberal and more fiscally conservative,” said George Scott, a 48-year old investor and entrepreneur in Sunnyvale, Calif., who has donated $2,500 to Buttigieg so far. “I didn’t really like any of the candidates out there and I saw Pete on a morning talk show a few months back and he was just really smart, and articulate and sharp. He’s a veteran, from the Midwest. He really caught my attention.”

Young, rich people love him and he's saturating the market with ads, in other words.

If there is one thing that gets me every time, it is the "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" trope. There. Is. No. Such. Thing. Liberalism is and cannot be separated from a fiscal policy.

What they really mean is socially libertarian.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
What matters in Iowa is organization, and ads don't matter as much. His ground game is apparently strong. He is also a prolific campaigner. "Rich people love him" doesn't explain his latest surge in Iowa. Ordinary people seem to like him, too.

He may be a gay man, but he's a young, personable, earnest, moderate and religious gay man, so he allows liberals and moderates to see what they want to see.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I'll like whomever the candidate is, but the democrat. will. not. win. without. AA. support. in. the. general.

If all these other candidates are better than Biden it's on them to take away his AA support which trumps( I hate that I've lost a poker/life expression due to asshat drumpf) all the other candidates...
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

what's wrong with Mayor Pete? war vet vs bone spur
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
I'll like whomever the candidate is, but the democrat. will. not. win. without. AA. support. in. the. general.

If all these other candidates are better than Biden it's on them to take away his AA support which trumps( I hate that I've lost a poker/life expression due to asshat drumpf) all the other candidates...

That might happen if he struggles in Iowa and New Hampshire. African-Americans will vote for a winner and they don't owe Biden anything. In the general, I'm more worried about disenfranchisement of black voters in various states.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1803, 1804, 1805 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1804 of 3673
Jump to: