THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1809, 1810, 1811 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

I was greatly concerned that the affidavit might have the power harm Democrats. I also said I don't trust it. I do not shut out information simply because I don't agree with it or it is from another point of view. Sorry we approach information differently.

I think the point is there's a difference between being aware of all the information out there and actively sharing disinformation in the process.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
My point back then, as now, is that we have to be extremely skeptical of rightwing/Trump/Russian propaganda and talking points as they are one and the same. This Biden/Burisma conspiracy theory originated with Putin and his minions. Then spread to the right wing press. Then spread to the main stream press. Then retweeted by Trump and Trump Jr and Rudy Guilliani. Then it is given "legitimacy" as if it's actually one of several possible scenarios. No, it was never a possible scenario or piece of the truth-- it was propaganda, an intentional lie meant to muddy the truth. And many people are susceptible to falling for it when it's posted like it was just another "news" article.

You've made that perfectly clear, over and over, so much so, that I have refrained from posting anything like this since. I suspect, I'm not the only one.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. I hope the lesson learned is about how propaganda works and not about how moderators moderate message boards.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Thanks. I hope the lesson learned is about how propaganda works and not about how moderators moderate message boards.

I have understood how propaganda works for some many years.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Roger Stone did not kill himself in prison

(whoops, sentencing isn't until February. Let's just save that one for the spring)

Who says they . . . oops, I mean he . . . has to wait until then?

Not trying to preach, but wishing death on anyone is not a direction I would go. I feel we should be better than them or else lose our ability to criticize them. Its along the lines of those saying "lock him up" at the Warren rallies. The bar needs to be raised, not lowered.

Where did anyone do that? It's simply referencing similar events that allegedly occurred.

I took your post to mean you hoped he would be dead, either via suicide or murder, before February. Sorry if I misread that.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/PodSaveAmerica/status/1195442866228563968

This was a good ending argument/wrap up. Public hearing schedule:

Wed. should be a doozy.

Quote:
Tuesday, Nov. 19
Public hearings: In the morning, Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman, the top Ukraine expert for the National Security Council, and Jennifer Williams, an aide to Vice President Mike Pence.

In the afternoon, Kurt D. Volker, the former United States special envoy to Ukraine, and Timothy Morrison, a Europe and Russia expert for the National Security Council.

Wednesday, Nov. 20
Public hearings: In the morning, Gordon D. Sondland, the United States ambassador to the European Union.

Thursday, Nov. 21
Public Hearings: Fiona Hill, the National Security Council’s former senior director for Europe and Russia.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Btw Ribeye, Trump has said he didn’t do anything wrong either, so we should all just move on, right?

Huh?

Well clearly, the Ukranian prosecutor, who we have ample evidence WAS NOT investigating Burisma (and after Biden helped get him fired, Burisma WAS then investigated), said he was fired for investigating them, and that seems to bother you, so I figure Trump saying this is all a witch hunt should give similar concern...

Where did I say that the Ukrainain prosecutor being fired bothered me?

Please don’t play ring finger with me. I didn’t say you were concerned by the firing. You were greatly concerned with his afidavit of why he was fired. I think the term you used is that it might “shatter” Democratic efforts. I just wanted to check if there was going to be logical consistency with that.

I am not playing ringfinger and I greatly resent that personal attack--from a mod no less.

I was greatly concerned that the affidavit might have the power harm Democrats. I also said I don't trust it. I do not shut out information simply because I don't agree with it or it is from another point of view. Sorry we approach information differently.

Fair enough. I didn’t appreciate you misrepresenting the point we were discussing. Apologize for the use of an ad hominem.

But the point still stands. The afidavit has no more real weight than Trump saying he didn’t do it, or any of the duplicitous words and actions of his lackeys like Barr. Of course he’s going to say that. And of course no one with a hint of reachable logic is buying it. And again, it’s not about you raising the issue (we keep having this problem where you attack a different argument than the one raised), it’s a response to it. I think your concern is misplaced, and I gave you a rather obvious if over the top analogue to convey that.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

(whoops, sentencing isn't until February. Let's just save that one for the spring)

Not trying to preach, but wishing death on anyone is not a direction I would go. I feel we should be better than them or else lose our ability to criticize them. Its along the lines of those saying "lock him up" at the Warren rallies. The bar needs to be raised, not lowered.

Where did anyone do that? It's simply referencing similar events that allegedly occurred.

You can hedge by simply wishing that he decides to go buy a Popeye's chicken sandwich and things will unfold from there.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakerSanity wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I took your post to mean you hoped he would be dead, either via suicide or murder, before February. Sorry if I misread that.

No worries. I was simply agreeing that it wouldn't be surprising to see Stone meet a similar fate as Epstein, and that it wouldn't have to necessarily need to wait until sentencing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

You can hedge by simply wishing that he decides to go buy a Popeye's chicken sandwich and things will unfold from there.

Now that I wouldn't wish on anyone.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Btw Ribeye, Trump has said he didn’t do anything wrong either, so we should all just move on, right?

Huh?

Well clearly, the Ukranian prosecutor, who we have ample evidence WAS NOT investigating Burisma (and after Biden helped get him fired, Burisma WAS then investigated), said he was fired for investigating them, and that seems to bother you, so I figure Trump saying this is all a witch hunt should give similar concern...

Where did I say that the Ukrainain prosecutor being fired bothered me?

Please don’t play ring finger with me. I didn’t say you were concerned by the firing. You were greatly concerned with his afidavit of why he was fired. I think the term you used is that it might “shatter” Democratic efforts. I just wanted to check if there was going to be logical consistency with that.

I am not playing ringfinger and I greatly resent that personal attack--from a mod no less.

Fair enough. I didn’t appreciate you misrepresenting the point we were discussing. Apologize for the use of an ad hominem.

But the point still stands. The afidavit has no more real weight than Trump saying he didn’t do it, or any of the duplicitous words and actions of his lackeys like Barr. Of course he’s going to say that. And of course no one with a hint of reachable logic is buying it. And again, it’s not about you raising the issue (we keep having this problem where you attack a different argument than the one raised), it’s a response to it. I think your concern is misplaced, and I gave you a rather obvious if over the top analogue to convey that.

I don't know what point you claim I am misrepresenting. I certainly did not bring this old post up to further re-hash what has been hashed, re-hashed, and re-re-hashed.

You can actually be clear here and actually say what it is that so bothers you.

Since I know that a sworn affidavit has real enforcement and repercussion power in the US, I feared it might in the Ukraine and if there was truth to in it, it could be a problem for Dems. In fact, I said:

ribeye wrote:
Now, is this the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Is it misleading or incomplete? I don't know. Do I trust it? Not really, but I can't say that it is not accurate either.

But if there is there, there, then this crack could lead to others that could shatter the Democrats' hopes. Barr is looking hard at this. We have to wonder just what he will do or say, whether he finds something substantial or not. Like most herein, I do not trust him and all the power behind him, and there just might be enough fuzzy evidence or funny circumstances that he might just run with it.

I have not heard anymore about it, so I must assume the sworn affidavit has little, or certainly less, meaning in the Ukraine, though I can't state this as a fact. I still feel, however, that there just might be enough fuzzy evidence or funny circumstances that Barr might just run with it.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Stripped down to his shorts with about 40 sandwiches all taped to his body?

Giuliani threatened to snitch on Trump
What about this dude.. Will Barr have to intervene
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Loved the closing remarks by Schiff, his ignoring the out of order request for a rebuttal, and then . . . all of the applause.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1195438458065637376
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

NBC Nightly News: Russia took over US base in Syria

Sucks
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

We had a base in Syria?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
We had a base in Syria?

When Trump told them to leave they left all kinds of equipment and barely time to nuke the sensitive (bleep)

Russia went in and took the frebase and all the free equipment courtesy of Putin's Puppet
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

At this point it seems certain Trump would be doomed if he had to face an impartial jury. Too bad he doesn't. I feel like the rules should require that an impeachment vote be anonymous in the hope of taking some of the political pressure out of it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Matt McDermott

@mattmfm
·
1h

Early impact of impeachment inquiry:

68% of Americans watched, heard, or read about the impeachment hearings.

Of those, 41% became more supportive of impeachment. Only 25% less supportive.

Source: Reuters/Ipsos poll
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Another smoking gun: CNN: After private White House meeting, Giuliani associate Lev Parnas said he was on a 'secret mission' for Trump, sources say

Quote:
Vicky Wardv @ VickyPJWard

EXCLUSIVE: At last year's WH Hanukkah party, Lev Parnas & Igor Fruman had a private meeting w Trump & Giuliani during which Trump tasked the two men with “a secret mission” to pressure the Ukrainian gov't to investigate Joe & Hunter Biden, sources say.

Trump said he barely knew them. When lots of pictures of Trump, Lev & Igor turned up, Trump responded that he takes lots of pictures with lots of people.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
NBC Nightly News: Russia took over US base in Syria

Sucks

The depth of depravity that the GOP now chooses to wallow in in order to enable an obvious traitor is surreal.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

Nanciy Pelosi on Face the Nation tomorrow morning:

Quote:
Face The Nation @FaceTheNation
·
“He made a mistake,” @SpeakerPelosi says on Trump's tweet about Yovanovitch during her testimony. “I think part of it is his own insecurity as an impostor...he knows full well he's in that office way over his head. And so he has to diminish everyone else.” https://cbsn.ws/32PUQek

She has a way of cutting to the heart of the matter in calm, cold-blooded fashion.

(video at link)
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Former Dem Gov. Bill Richardson Tells Smerconish 2020 Democratic Primary Heading Toward Brokered Convention

Maybe they can nominate Hillary again!
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Former Dem Gov. Bill Richardson Tells Smerconish 2020 Democratic Primary Heading Toward Brokered Convention

Maybe they can nominate Hillary again!

Remember when much noise was made about the reforms that were happening in the Democratic Party after 2016 so that super delegates would no longer have an outsized voice in deciding who the candidates are? Here is a reminder:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/democrats-vs-trump/democrats-strip-super-delegates-power-reform-caucuses-historic-move-n903866

The more things change the more they stay the same.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

No one has even voted yet. How can anyone speculate about a brokered convention? Ridiculous.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Nanciy Pelosi on Face the Nation tomorrow morning:

Quote:
Face The Nation @FaceTheNation
·
“He made a mistake,” @SpeakerPelosi says on Trump's tweet about Yovanovitch during her testimony. “I think part of it is his own insecurity as an impostor...he knows full well he's in that office way over his head. And so he has to diminish everyone else.” https://cbsn.ws/32PUQek

She has a way of cutting to the heart of the matter in calm, cold-blooded fashion.

(video at link)

I remember when so many were wanting Nancy to be replaced. I've always liked the way she handled impeachment. She is very calculated, no shoot from the hip.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1809, 1810, 1811 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1810 of 3663
Jump to: