THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1853, 1854, 1855 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
New Quinnipiac University NATIONAL poll (counts for the December debate)
Biden 29%
Sanders 17%
Warren 15%
Buttigieg 9%
Bloomberg 5%
Yang 4%

Biden's untouchable. Yang qualifies for the next debate.

Who did Bloomberg grab the votes from, Kamala? But yeah, unless Warren factions and Bernie’s somehow merge, nobody is catching Biden

The chances of that are slim, as those two factions have gone to war (read how the Jacobin is treating Warren these days) and are likely to splinter away from each other.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
adkindo wrote:
now it is just partisan political hackery....pretending one political party is right about everything.

adkindo wrote:
Trump >>>>> democratic party

that's a big yikes

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Come on, there are more important things to do, like posting ad nauseam about WVU.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Biden 29%
Sanders 17%
Warren 15%
Buttigieg 9%
Bloomberg 5%
Yang 4%

Who did Bloomberg grab the votes from, Kamala? But yeah, unless Warren factions and Bernie’s somehow merge, nobody is catching Biden

The chances of that are slim, as those two factions have gone to war (read how the Jacobin is treating Warren these days) and are likely to splinter away from each other.

What is Warren's base exactly? I understand it perfectly with Bernie (economic progressives, peaceniks, marxists) and Biden (centrists, Never Trumpers, neo-cons), but with her the best I can come up with is cultural progressives (the MSNBC left), however they're all culturally progressive so that means almost nothing.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Biden, in a way, is like Trump in 2016. While he might have temporary setbacks with gaffes, nothing seems to hurt him significantly in the long run.

And he almost always does slightly better than the rest of the field in head to head matchups against Trump.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

It’s been a well known fact that Biden is well liked and respected across the spectrum of politics, and around the world. That charisma follows to most rank and file democratic voters as well as a number of moderate independents and republicans. There are substantial issues the left has with him on policy, and there is merit in some of those issues. But that and the desire to take down the front runner has clouded the overwhelming like ability. He’s like Hillary if she was a male and more charismatic. Same national security and world stage bona fides. But he’s a mainstream center to mid left guy.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Just in case anyone was confused about how despicable the POtuS is . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Biden 29%
Sanders 17%
Warren 15%
Buttigieg 9%
Bloomberg 5%
Yang 4%

What is Warren's base exactly? I understand it perfectly with Bernie (economic progressives, peaceniks, marxists) and Biden (centrists, Never Trumpers, neo-cons), but with her the best I can come up with is cultural progressives (the MSNBC left), however they're all culturally progressive so that means almost nothing.

I don't think you actually understand any of their bases accurately.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Biden 29%
Sanders 17%
Warren 15%
Buttigieg 9%
Bloomberg 5%
Yang 4%

I'd love for them to merge somehow, since either of them are my preferred candidate at this point.

Although, I've already got my ballot written up for whoever the democratic candidate is. As much as I disagree with Biden on a number of issues, I could not be further from Trump to the point that he makes anyone else seem viable at this point. I never thought I'd vote for Joe Biden, but I will do so at this point.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

My fear is that the top four candidates will have enough financial and popular support all the way to the convention and it becomes a mess.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
My fear is that the top four candidates will have enough financial and popular support all the way to the convention and it becomes a mess.

Oh it's definitely going to be a (bleep) show.

It's the mess that is going to arise from the hurt feelings and resentment after the Primary that worries me.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/10/786802364/andrew-yang-qualifies-for-december-debate-bringing-diversity-to-stage
Andrew Yang Qualifies For December Debate, Bringing Diversity To Stage
December 10, 20194:07 PM ET
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Can Democrats start asking Trump Supporters how many millions they have

Show them how the ONLY people to benefit from Trump being president are those whose bank accounts already had a few million in them

Death to small farms
Small farm owner suicide rates way up
Trucking industry slammed with layoffs
Russia and South America now supply future Chinese soybean and other agricultural needs
Healthcare induced personal bankruptcies up

While their president sets up fake charities for veterans and steals the monies
Or fake universities and steals students monies

Why do I hear about Mexicans who really think Trump is the greatest? WTF. Did Hitler have Jewish fans during the Holocaust?

Tonight he called the FBI "Scum" and more sex orgasms on mic about FBI workers

American justice IS A MONARCHY

Trump will never see a jail cell
The President has too much power. EO's to avoid subpoenas about crimes you've committed
If he killed someone could he just Barr the witnesses from testifying?

Invites the Criminals who hacked our Democracy to the white house and again today

3 years = Failure of our forefathers and near death of America.
1.3 trillion plus dollars federal budget with less and less tax monies received
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Breaking: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says the Senate will not begin impeachment trial or vote on the U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade deal until next year, and instead will focus on passing a defense authorization bill and avoiding a government shutdown.
https://mobile.twitter.com/NPR/status/1204491154005413890
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject:

Mayor Pete, at 9% in that Quinnipiac poll, is still the betting co-favorite to win the Democratic nomination, with Biden, at +300. (Warren is the third choice at +550.) I know he has a lot of money behind him and he's going to win Iowa and maybe NH too. Still, I guess I am surprised at where betting markets are on him. Biden is given a better chance to win the presidency at +500, with Mayor Pete at +700.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://www.npr.org/2019/12/10/786802364/andrew-yang-qualifies-for-december-debate-bringing-diversity-to-stage
Andrew Yang Qualifies For December Debate, Bringing Diversity To Stage
December 10, 20194:07 PM ET

Back to the automation discussion, a self driving big rig delivers butter from California to Pennsylvania in three days with zero forced disengagement’s. I mentioned earlier there are 3.5 million truck drivers out there, I just decided to look up how many OTR (on the road...long haul) truck drivers there are because they will be the first to go: 2 million. The average age is 49.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/12/10/a-self-driving-truck-delivered-butter-from-california-to-pennsylvania-in-three-days/
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Come on, there are more important things to do, like posting ad nauseam about WVU.

You are annoyed that I post about WVU athletics 1-2x a week in threads that focus on college sports?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
https://media.giphy.com/media/VbvjcQp6cYYYE/giphy.gif

this is a common card played and I still do not understand the point....you act as if someone has to live in this thread day and night, or they are not to comment in it. I get some of you guys do spend the majority of your time in this thread, but it should not be expected.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

OK, I'm now saying it looks like it is time to leave:

Bombshell Afghanistan Report Lands With Thud On Capitol Hill

Lawmakers said they remain unaware of the revelations on how the government [Bush/Obama/Trump] misled the public about the prolonged conflict.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Wilt wrote:

You are annoyed that I post about WVU athletics 1-2x a week in threads that focus on college sports?

I'm not "annoyed" by it. You can post about it as much as you want. But you find time to write about stuff no one cares about (face it, no one on this board except you cares about WVU athletics, and I wrote that partly because I wanted to see if you would react to it, and you did, unlike many other times when you ignored comments directed you in this thread that are actually about political issues), but you have a tendency to come to this political thread every once in a while, post provocative stuff, and then when people ask you questions or ask for clarification, you conveniently disappear.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I'm not "annoyed" by it. You can post about it as much as you want. But you find time to write about stuff no one cares about (face it, no one on this board except you cares about WVU athletics, and I wrote that partly because I wanted to see if you would react to it, and you did, unlike many other times when you ignored comments directed you in this thread that are actually about political issues), but you have a tendency to come to this political thread every once in a while, post provocative stuff, and then when people ask you questions or ask for clarification, you conveniently disappear.

Bullseye! Solid comments and what a clever one you are.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/status/1204790909168226304/photo/1

Looks like there was a "Deep State" of FBI agents working to get Trump elected and wanting to investigate HRC if she won. These guy are scum.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Wilt wrote:

The definition of "ad nauseam" suggests that you are annoyed by it which is why I asked. Also, you are extremely exaggerating the amount of content I post about WVU. For example, if you look through the College Football thread....maybe 5%-10% of my posts relate to my alma mater which is on par with many others who identify their alma mater....so it has definitely struck a weird nerve with you. I do not ignore posts directed at me or questioning me with the exception of when I am having a direct conversation with a poster and the repetes start the minion mob stuff (as directly followed your current post)....I simply come to the end of the thread and respond to recent posts....as you will notice this morning, there were 2 posts on this page directed at me, and I responded to both. Finally, you must have an extremely low bar for a statement to be considered "provocative" if you label anything that I post as being such.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
https://media.giphy.com/media/VbvjcQp6cYYYE/giphy.gif

this is a common card played and I still do not understand the point....you act as if someone has to live in this thread day and night, or they are not to comment in it. I get some of you guys do spend the majority of your time in this thread, but it should not be expected.

That’s ok, you don’t have to spend day and night here, but the tendency to get into it with people and then when challenged or questioned to disappear is pretty regular thing, and then we talk about whether you in fact disappeared and next thing you know, more time passes and you never do get back to the subject you raised and disappeared from. Like a clock. The WVU bait was clever though. We know you don’t completely disappear, just go back to lurking.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Wilt wrote:

And that would be relatively well and good except for the fact that adkindo all too often trashes this thread (along with his buddy AH) as a place where fair discussion can't be had and denigrates the regular participants in this thread as being unreasonable hacks.

It's so transparent and cowardly that it is pathetic.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1853, 1854, 1855 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 1854 of 3670
Jump to: