THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1940, 1941, 1942 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

((REMOVED - JMK))
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Jeez... Were you saying that when a certain someone's entire presidential campaign was based on them deserving to be president because they had a vagina?

Gee . . . I must have missed that election. When did that ever happen?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile, back in moderate land the Mooch thinks only biden or Bloomberg can beat Drumpf:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/anthony-scaramucci-on-donald-trump-2020-presidential-race-164938605.html

Quote:
He added: “Joe Biden is tough… He has stayed as the proverbial frontrunner… They like him in Pennsylvania. He could beat Trump in Pennsylvania.”

Scaramucci acknowledged Biden’s stutter, but said this could be a way for him to connect with average Americans and make him more relatable. In comparison, he described Trump as “unstable and so erratic.”

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

What other candidate routinely admonishes his online supporters (no one else even gets asked about their contingent of crazies), and has to apologize for third party op-eds? Biden can send out a team a surrogates to flat out lie and equivocate on TV about beating the war drums years before AND after the Iraq war started and that's totally cool, but one campaign infraction in a newsletter no one reads gets you tarred with the Trump "two sides of the same coin" brush. It's not a smear because Krugman didn't twist or fabricate evidence. He even laid out the context about Biden being a deficit hawk (which Biden still denies, btw). It just strikes me as a disproportionate thing to focus on when in the larger context what Bernie's campaign is saying is true. Does screwing up on the particulars of one speech mean they're no longer allowed any line of attack on the subject?

Yeah, I know. When Bernie gets caught up in something it's always an "honest" mistake or someone else's fault . . . right? But when other candidates do it is obviously part of some intentional plot . . .
Well after what happened in 2016, can you blame Bernie and his supporters? Let's not act like there wasn't "some intentional plot"

You mean Bernie's plot to derail them Dems chances in the general election because he was butt hurt when he lost the Primaries?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

The "Mooch" lol. Crazy world we're living in.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Marianne Williamson is supporting Yang in Iowa, but stopped short, I REPEAT, stopped short of a full endorsement.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Gotta love the Bernie Bros trying to "debunk" the existence of sexism in the presidential race with a display of sexism.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

You mean Bernie's plot to derail them Dems chances in the general election because he was butt hurt when he lost the Primaries?

Where did you this from? I thought Bernie campaigned for Hillary in 2016 once the primary was over
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Where did you this from? I thought Bernie campaigned for Hillary in 2016 once the primary was over

Quote:
Quote:
Four days after Barack Obama effectively clinched the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008, Hillary Clinton endorsed him. Four weeks after Clinton effectively clinched her party's 2016 nomination, Bernie Sanders still hadn't endorsed her.

WaPo Link
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Four days after Barack Obama effectively clinched the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008, Hillary Clinton endorsed him. Four weeks after Clinton effectively clinched her party's 2016 nomination, Bernie Sanders still hadn't endorsed her.

WaPo Link

so both of you believe Bernie Sanders tried to derail democrat's chances in the general election in 2016 and the proof is that he took 4 weeks to endorse?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/12/30/did-sanders-play-a-role-in-hillarys-2016-defeat/

Quote:
After Hillary won, Bernie negotiated with the Clinton campaign to make its platform more progressive. Unlike most primaries, where there are minor differences between opposing candidates of the same party, there was a wide gulf between the positions held by Hillary and Bernie. Like any prudent politician, Bernie wanted to make his support contingent on Hillary making her platform more progressive.

Bernie was successful in making Hillary amend her platform on two key issues. One was the expansion of her health care proposals, bringing them closer to his Medicare for All plan. The other was her pledge to make all public colleges and universities tuition-free for students from families with incomes of up to $85,000 initially, rising to $125,000 by 2021.

Trying to find an exact number all his campaign appearances for her, but I believe it was near 40. By contrast Hillary campaigned about 8 times for Obama. Going off memory here.

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

WaPo Link

so both of you believe Bernie Sanders tried to derail democrat's chances in the general election in 2016 and the proof is that he took 4 weeks to endorse?

You seem to be forgetting the part where Bernie claimed the system was rigged against him and wouldn't support the Democratic nominee because of it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/12/30/did-sanders-play-a-role-in-hillarys-2016-defeat/

Quote:
After Hillary won, Bernie negotiated with the Clinton campaign to make its platform more progressive. Unlike most primaries, where there are minor differences between opposing candidates of the same party, there was a wide gulf between the positions held by Hillary and Bernie. Like any prudent politician, Bernie wanted to make his support contingent on Hillary making her platform more progressive.

Bernie was successful in making Hillary amend her platform on two key issues. One was the expansion of her health care proposals, bringing them closer to his Medicare for All plan. The other was her pledge to make all public colleges and universities tuition-free for students from families with incomes of up to $85,000 initially, rising to $125,000 by 2021.

Trying to find an exact number all his campaign appearances for her, but I believe it was near 40. By contrast Hillary campaigned about 8 times for Obama. Going off memory here.

Almost certain that last figure is false and floating around left wing social media.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

In the world, the other high ranking American viewed as negatively as Trump is:

That smarts!
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

WaPo Link

You seem to be forgetting the part where Bernie claimed the system was rigged against him and wouldn't support the Democratic nominee because of it.

Let's not forget how long it took to endorse Hillary and that he stayed negative long after he was toast--as I recall.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
https://tinyurl.com/wpch4b9

Can't believe there is polling that says moderate Dems prefer Sanders over Warren by a large margin. Well actually I can. She is a woman running for President after all.
That's why I mostly shut up and listen when CL talks about the very real sexism we see in American politics.
omg, does everything have to come down to "Sexism in American politics"? Jeez... Were you saying that when a certain someone's entire presidential campaign was based on them deserving to be president because they had a vagina? I bet you were "with her". Boy did that backfire. Guess you need more qualifications then just feeling like its your turn. lol. gtfo. maybe, just maayyybbbeee people believe that Sanders is the better candidate regardless of his sex. d'you stop and think about that for a second? oh, and you got a little something on your nose there

So basically you're saying moderate Dems prefer Sanders even though he is just as far left as Warren and has provided 1/10th the amount of tangible planning. And you think the fact that Warren is a women is a coincidence.
Cool. Hey, I believe in leprechauns and rainbows. So I'm sure I'll be rich with gold one day.

Also worth noting, that just acknowledging the existence of sexism made you go from lurker to poster real quick.
Next you'll be teaching me about reverse sexism.

Last edited by kikanga on Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

WaPo Link

Let's not forget how long it took to endorse Hillary and that he stayed negative long after he was toast--as I recall.

So all of you believe Bernie tried to derail democrats chances in general election of 2016?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Quote:

Almost certain that last figure is false and floating around left wing social media.

It was only meant as an illustration of how vigorous Sanders' support was compared to norms. I'm sure she did whatever Obama asked of her.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
https://tinyurl.com/wpch4b9

Can't believe there is polling that says moderate Dems prefer Sanders over Warren by a large margin. Well actually I can. She is a woman running for President after all.
That's why I mostly shut up and listen when CL talks about the very real sexism we see in American politics.
omg, does everything have to come down to "Sexism in American politics"? Jeez... Were you saying that when a certain someone's entire presidential campaign was based on them deserving to be president because they had a vagina? I bet you were "with her". Boy did that backfire. Guess you need more qualifications then just feeling like its your turn. lol. gtfo. maybe, just maayyybbbeee people believe that Sanders is the better candidate regardless of his sex. d'you stop and think about that for a second? oh, and you got a little something on your nose there

That's the good stuff! Just perfect timing, perfect phrasing.

Next he'll explain to me why up until 2015, nearly half of US states hadn't sent a Black person to Congress.
Heck I'll do it for him.

"OMG does everything have to come down to "Racism in American politics"? Guess you need more qualifications then just feeling like its your turn. lol. gtfo. maybe, just maaayyyybbbeeee people believe that all those non-black candidates are better regardless of race."

Gotta love when acknowledging prejudice is the problem instead of prejudice itself.

Obviously both can be true. Some moderate Dems can prefer Sanders over Warren because of gender. And some can prefer Sanders over Warren regardless of gender. But I guess it's easier just to talk (bleep) than acknowledge there are shades of grey.
If you're gonna go from lurker to poster, don't come with the weak sauce.

Last edited by kikanga on Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

WaPo Link

So all of you believe Bernie tried to derail democrats chances in general election of 2016?

I believe he didn't do enough, soon enough. There was no reason to keep attacking Hillary when it was obvious she would win the nomination.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Quote:

It was only meant as an illustration of how vigorous Sanders' support was compared to norms. I'm sure she did whatever Obama asked of her.

Hillary appeared 61 times for Obama.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
governator wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

WaPo Link

I believe he didn't do enough, soon enough. There was no reason to keep attacking Hillary when it was obvious she would win the nomination.

Yeah, the weird take the campaign he'd already lost all the way to the convention, with a lot of surrogate attacks during that period, and the strange request that the superdelegates leave her and come to him...
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/watch-angry-father-confront-elizabeth-warren-on-selfie-line-people-who-paid-for-college-get-screwed/

I understand where this guy is coming from, but that debt is ill-gotten gains. I think Yang actually has a fairer solution to this problem, which is a 10/10 plan. 10% of you income for 10 years and then you're paid off.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Quote:

This was only meant as an illustration that when you make (bleep) up, it kind of kills the credibility of whatever it was you were trying to illustrate.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Quote:

Link? I'll gladly admit I was wrong, but that sounds extraordinary. I remember a Maddow segment raving about Sanders campaign schedule at the time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1940, 1941, 1942 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1941 of 3663
Jump to: