THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1943, 1944, 1945 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

Neoliberal MSNBC shill Michelle Goldberg arguing in favor of Sanders promoting Rogan's endorsement:
Quote:
Michelle Goldberg
@michelleinbklyn
Bernie is not my candidate but it seems obvious to me that he was right to take the Joe Rogan endorsement. One premise of his campaign is that he can win some number of alienated men with reactionary social views to the left, and this is proof of concept.

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Neoliberal MSNBC shill Michelle Goldberg arguing in favor of Sanders promoting Rogan's endorsement:
Quote:
Michelle Goldberg
@michelleinbklyn
Bernie is not my candidate but it seems obvious to me that he was right to take the Joe Rogan endorsement. One premise of his campaign is that he can win some number of alienated men with reactionary social views to the left, and this is proof of concept.

Neoliberal??? I've seen her several times and read a couple of her articles. She does not strike me as a neoliberal.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
The greatest appeal to me of any politician in the race is Warren as punisher.

She gave an interview to the NYT in which she supported abolishing the death penalty in part because life in prison was a worse punishment in her view. I disagree with that approach, but broadly her view towards punishing those who have (bleep) America and America's citizens resonates more with me than anything any politician I've heard from in my lifetime and I wish she would push that agenda more. Because Bernie seems like a forgiver out of sheer disinterest, Biden a forgiver out of misguided centrist-ness.

It feels oddly sometimes like the average Bernie supporter wants to hurt Hillary Clinton or Neera Tanden while my hope is to see John Yoo and Stephen Miller tried at the Hague. Will Bernie try Stephen Miller for crimes against humanity?

The average Bernie voter voted for Hillary in 2016. Roughly 75% of Bernie voters voted for her.

Does the average Bernie voter think Hillary is better than John Yoo? I know you're only one voice, but do you think Hillary is worse than John Yoo?

No idea. I’ve never heard of John Yoo.

That's too bad. He was one of the architects of the US's international torture program under Bush. You should look him up.

Ah, well based on that, and considering that I was part of the 75% that voted for Hillary, I’d say that John Yoo sounds like an evil guy. Hillary is not an evil person, far from it. To your question though, I don’t think any of our candidates are going to pursue any American for war crimes. There are just so many other fish to fry.

I think that was clearly a mistake after 2008 and it emboldened more destructive, corrupt, anti-democratic behavior from the GOP.

Warren over the past few days has announced plans to appoint a DOJ special investigator into the Trump administration and to release all relevant documents related to the impeachment. She's called on her other primary opponents to commit to doing the same.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Quote:
Michelle Goldberg
@michelleinbklyn

Neoliberal??? I've seen her several times and read a couple of her articles. She does not strike me as a neoliberal.

I'm trying to mimic Virgil Texas.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

She gave an interview to the NYT in which she supported abolishing the death penalty in part because life in prison was a worse punishment in her view. I disagree with that approach, but broadly her view towards punishing those who have (bleep) America and America's citizens resonates more with me than anything any politician I've heard from in my lifetime and I wish she would push that agenda more. Because Bernie seems like a forgiver out of sheer disinterest, Biden a forgiver out of misguided centrist-ness.

It feels oddly sometimes like the average Bernie supporter wants to hurt Hillary Clinton or Neera Tanden while my hope is to see John Yoo and Stephen Miller tried at the Hague. Will Bernie try Stephen Miller for crimes against humanity?

The average Bernie voter voted for Hillary in 2016. Roughly 75% of Bernie voters voted for her.

Does the average Bernie voter think Hillary is better than John Yoo? I know you're only one voice, but do you think Hillary is worse than John Yoo?

That's too bad. He was one of the architects of the US's international torture program under Bush. You should look him up.

This was the beginning of (to me anyway) one of these new Republican unitary executive strategies to circumvent the rule of law, the constitution, or tradition, in that the president (and others) is off the hook, even when it is torture, if he relies on his AG for advice.

And it's going to get worse without legal repercussions (beyond a few toadies going to jail).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

Dylann Roof endorses Bernie Sanders for president.

Sanders supporters: "...maybe...?"
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject:

Adam Schiff has been mentioned and complimented by many herein. Some may have seen the bulk of his presentations, while others may not have seen any. Here is 8:39 of his closing remarks. Even if you saw it previously, it is worth a second viewing.

Adam Schiff's brilliant and compelling closing
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/34-injuries-iran-missile-strike/index.html

34 US service members diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iranian missile strike

Trump -
Quote:
I heard that they had headaches, and a couple of other things, but I would say, and I can report, it's not very serious
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/34-injuries-iran-missile-strike/index.html

34 US service members diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iranian missile strike

Trump -
Quote:
I heard that they had headaches, and a couple of other things, but I would say, and I can report, it's not very serious

I have pretty much refrained from criticizing Trump on his drone strike, as we did not know what it meant to the US and the world: what could be the intended as well as the unintended consequences. The more we learn, the more the criticism appears justified.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Ah, well based on that, and considering that I was part of the 75% that voted for Hillary, I’d say that John Yoo sounds like an evil guy. Hillary is not an evil person, far from it. To your question though, I don’t think any of our candidates are going to pursue any American for war crimes. There are just so many other fish to fry.

I think that was clearly a mistake after 2008 and it emboldened more destructive, corrupt, anti-democratic behavior from the GOP.

Warren over the past few days has announced plans to appoint a DOJ special investigator into the Trump administration and to release all relevant documents related to the impeachment. She's called on her other primary opponents to commit to doing the same.

That is pretty compelling that she's doing that, I agree.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Joe Rogan:

https://twitter.com/AngryBlackLady/status/1220613753068122112

https://twitter.com/jljacobson/status/1220507059747201024/photo/1

He's outside the tribe, but that's kind of the whole point if you're claiming to be a "revolutionary" (apologizing for tepid op-eds and online fanboys; I have my doubts.) The original Rainbow Coalition in the 70's had Black Panthers aligned with undoubtedly some white supremacists (link). Even if you think the worst of Rogan, forming unconformable alliances is how the game is played. Personally, I find a Republican, authoritarian oligarch giving a key note speech at the Democratic National Convention more offensive, YMMV.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Trump -
Quote:

Benghazi!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

How about maybe not...?

Sanders supporters: "Look at this photo of Obama shaking Kissinger's hand in 2011!"
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject:

An infuriating investigative piece on Facebook's tax avoidance and how GOP Congressional cuts to the IRS budget has left that agency shorthanded in cracking down on corporate tax cheats: ProPublica
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Adam Schiff has been mentioned and complimented by many herein. Some may have seen the bulk of his presentations, while others may not have seen any. Here is 8:39 of his closing remarks. Even if you saw it previously, it is worth a second viewing.

I think Schiff is the guy to replace Feinstein when she retires.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
ribeye wrote:

I think Schiff is the guy to replace Feinstein when she retires.

I'm on board with some who suggest Schiff for AG .

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
We went through a whole debate about Joe Rogan written by people who’ve never listened to his show, and who have said with conviction that they will never listen to his show.

Come on man, that's not an accurate description of the discussion at all. Not that I'm surprised.

"If I'm not personally offended, anybody else who is just doesn't understand".
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Joe Rogan:

He's outside the tribe, but that's kind of the whole point if you're claiming to be a "revolutionary" (apologizing for tepid op-eds and online fanboys; I have my doubts.) The original Rainbow Coalition in the 70's had Black Panthers aligned with undoubtedly some white supremacists (link). Even if you think the worst of Rogan, forming unconformable alliances is how the game is played. Personally, I find a Republican, authoritarian oligarch giving a key note speech at the Democratic National Convention more offensive, YMMV.

I feel like if it was Biden your POV would be quite different.
Bernie and/or his campaign can make a mistake. It's okay to acknowledge it. The man isn't the Pope or something.
That's what concerns me about some of his following. If there is any criticism of his choices it's either the MSM sabotaging him or a whataboutism defense.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Joe Rogan:

I feel like if it was Biden your POV would be quite different.
Bernie and/or his campaign can make a mistake. It's okay to acknowledge it. The man isn't the Pope or something.
That's what concerns me about some of his following. If there is any criticism of his choices it's either the MSM sabotaging him or a whataboutism defense.

I acknowledged the mistakes and the doubts I have about him in the post. We're just on polar opposites of what they are.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I smile when I read some posts. We know what Trump's done and what he capable of. The impeachment hearings are repetitious. Same points harangued with different verbiage. What I'd like to hear but won't is the trial. I wonder how much of the offerings will be leaked? I'm of a mind we've heard the evidence. All presented to date is so compelling it should be a sure conviction. Won't happen, there will be an acquittal. I'm urging all I know to get out and vote. That's the option that will remove Trump. We have to do it at the polls. I remember 2016. My Prozac prescription is in renewal phase.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
We went through a whole debate about Joe Rogan written by people who’ve never listened to his show, and who have said with conviction that they will never listen to his show.

Come on man, that's not an accurate description of the discussion at all. Not that I'm surprised.

I don't see what that has to do with it. It's just not an accurate description of what was said in that discussion.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

I don't see what that has to do with it. It's just not an accurate description of what was said in that discussion.

That's how I'm describing Surf's POV. Not yours.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

"Technically, Colin Powell did kill more people than Dylann Roof, so..."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

"Technically, Colin Powell did kill more people than Dylann Roof, so..."

That is so ridiculously absurd and asinine I hesitated to respond. Have to ask, are you a Trump supporter?

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I smile when I read some posts. We know what Trump's done and what he capable of. The impeachment hearings are repetitious. Same points harangued with different verbiage. What I'd like to hear but won't is the trial. I wonder how much of the offerings will be leaked? I'm of a mind we've heard the evidence. All presented to date is so compelling it should be a sure conviction. Won't happen, there will be an acquittal. I'm urging all I know to get out and vote. That's the option that will remove Trump. We have to do it at the polls. I remember 2016. My Prozac prescription is in renewal phase.

I'm wondering if a Hunter Biden/John Bolton swap was ever on the table, and, if so, did Joe put a stop to it once it was leaked. Politically, I think it's a smart trade to reject since Bolton is a wise sociopath and Hunter a grifting drug addict, but it makes these protestations about a lack of witnesses somewhat hollow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1943, 1944, 1945 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 1944 of 3671
Jump to: