THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2024, 2025, 2026 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
PBS national poll:

Sanders 31%
Bloomberg 19%
Biden 15%
Warren 12%
Klobuchar 9%
Buttigieg 8%

---

And with that, Bloomberg qualifies for the next debate. He isn't even on the ballot in Nevada.

No bounces for Pete and Klobuchar, at least in this poll. Biden continues to struggle. Bernie continues to look good.

IMHO Biden never really seemed engaged in this primary run. He's probably thinking why did I even get into this in the first place.

His whole campaign seems incredibly out of touch.

Quote:
“First would be wonderful, but us getting a second place I think does the work that we need to do to win South Carolina,” Mr. Schultz said. “We win South Carolina, we’re going to have ended the first four contests likely with a delegate advantage.”

He added, “I think the Democratic Party will sigh a collective sigh of relief when we finish second or better in Nevada.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/17/us/politics/joe-biden-nevada.html

Does second place and no delegates count still count as a win? What happened to the excuse of "it was two lily white states"?

second place in nevada can certainly be spinned as momentum. Biden and his sponsors need to step up their game. Bloomberg ads blasting pictures of Obama/Bloomberg partnership, almost like he was the VP
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject:

This is becoming a bit reminiscent of 2016 with the Republicans where second and third place finishes were considered moral victories.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Bernie is not the front runner yet, don't know why that is so hard to understand.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
PBS national poll:

Sanders 31%
Bloomberg 19%
Biden 15%
Warren 12%
Klobuchar 9%
Buttigieg 8%

---

And with that, Bloomberg qualifies for the next debate. He isn't even on the ballot in Nevada.

No bounces for Pete and Klobuchar, at least in this poll. Biden continues to struggle. Bernie continues to look good.

IMHO Biden never really seemed engaged in this primary run. He's probably thinking why did I even get into this in the first place.

Quote:
“First would be wonderful, but us getting a second place I think does the work that we need to do to win South Carolina,” Mr. Schultz said. “We win South Carolina, we’re going to have ended the first four contests likely with a delegate advantage.”

He added, “I think the Democratic Party will sigh a collective sigh of relief when we finish second or better in Nevada.”

Does second place and no delegates count still count as a win? What happened to the excuse of "it was two lily white states"?

second place in nevada can certainly be spinned as momentum. Biden and his sponsors need to step up their game. Bloomberg ads blasting pictures of Obama/Bloomberg partnership, almost like he was the VP

Obama said what's in that add in 2013. He's also courting the Black vote full throttle. I'm not lacking in judgment about what he's doing. All politicians are going after the Black vote now. Before the campaign we were a subculture. When the election is over it will be "Back to the cotton fields."

Inside Michael Bloomberg’s big play for black voters

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
PBS national poll:

Sanders 31%
Bloomberg 19%
Biden 15%
Warren 12%
Klobuchar 9%
Buttigieg 8%

---

Quote:

Obama said what's in that add in 2013. He's also courting the Black vote full throttle. I'm not lacking in judgment about what he's doing. All politicians are going after the Black vote now. Before the campaign we were a subculture. When the election is over it will be "Back to the cotton fields."

LINK

Why was Obama praising him anyway? He was an authoritarian who changed the rules to run for a third term. Oh wait, he's super rich.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Bernie is not the front runner yet, don't know why that is so hard to understand.

This is true. As we are constantly reminded, the DNC is perfectly within their legal rights to burn the ballots. As long as that remains, he's the underdog.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

This is true. As we are constantly reminded, the DNC is perfectly within their legal rights to burn the ballots. As long as that remains, he's the underdog.

Because if he ends up not winning the nomination, it will only be because it was rigged against him . . . right?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
PBS national poll:

Sanders 31%
Bloomberg 19%
Biden 15%
Warren 12%
Klobuchar 9%
Buttigieg 8%

---

Quote:

LINK

Why was Obama praising him anyway? He was an authoritarian who changed the rules to run for a third term. Oh wait, he's super rich.

Bloomberg's showing me he's just as much a snake oil salesman as Trump. Just as you're showing me you'll look for any negative to promote Bernie. Bloomberg doesn't like Obama, I know it and I'm not fooled.

As to why he dug up a 7 year old statement it was to seek the Black vote. If you think Obama said good things about Bloomberg because he's rich you're either grasping at straws or really know nothing about the man Obama is. IMO you're talking out the side of your neck.

Bloomberg will be on the debate stage tomorrow. We'll see how he handles "Stop and Frisk"

Bloomberg Touts Warm Words From Obama, Whom He Once Called Disappointing and Divisive

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

Because if he ends up not winning the nomination, it will only be because it was rigged against him . . . right?

Not necessarily, maybe a candidate will beat him fairly on delegates. That doesn't seem statistically likely, but if it's decided on super delegates who Bloomberg purchased then yes.

Last edited by greenfrog on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
PBS national poll:

Sanders 31%
Bloomberg 19%
Biden 15%
Warren 12%
Klobuchar 9%
Buttigieg 8%

---

Quote:

LINK

Bloomberg's showing me he's just as much a snake oil salesman as Trump. Just as you're showing me you'll look for any negative to promote Bernie. Bloomberg doesn't like Obama, I know it and I'm not fooled.

As to why he dug up a 7 year old statement it was to seek the Black vote. If you think Obama said good things about Bloomberg because he's rich you're either grasping at straws or really know nothing about the man Obama is. IMO you're talking out the side of your neck.

Bloomberg will be on the debate stage tonight. We'll see how he handles "Stop and Frisk"

Bloomberg Touts Warm Words From Obama, Whom He Once Called Disappointing and Divisive

LINK

So why was Obama sucking up to him?

And he already has a great answer on Stop and Frisk prepared by the best consultants money can buy. I think this is more of an impediment for bougie white liberals, anyway.

Last edited by greenfrog on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
PBS national poll:

Sanders 31%
Bloomberg 19%
Biden 15%
Warren 12%
Klobuchar 9%
Buttigieg 8%

---

Quote:

LINK

Bloomberg will be on the debate stage tonight. We'll see how he handles "Stop and Frisk"

LINK

I don't know, do you? You say it was because Bloomberg's rich. Post proof for that statement. I say you're fulla.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

Not necessarily, maybe a candidate will beat him fairly on delegates. That doesn't seem statistically likely, but if it's decided on super delegates who Bloomberg purchased then yes.

Fair enough.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Quote:

And he already has a great answer on Stop and Frisk prepared by the best consultants money can buy. I think this is more of an impediment for bougie white liberals, anyway.

Already answered. I said I don't know. You say it's because hes rich, I say you're fulla and fabricating. Post proof for that statement he's saying good things about Bloomberg because he's rich.

Relating to "Stop an Frisk" why does he have to need the best consultants money can buy to explain his keeping and praising S&F?

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Quote:

Already answered. I said I don't know. You say it's because hes rich, I say you're fulla and fabricating. Post proof for that statement he's saying good things about Bloomberg because he's rich.

Relating to "Stop an Frisk" why does he have to need the best consultants money can buy to explain his keeping and praising S&F?

It was an opinion not a fabrication. Maybe there's some other elephant in the room besides $60 billion. If you're going to disagree with that so vehemently I think it's upon you to offer an alternative explanation.

And he needs the best consultants money can buy because the position was repellent.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
jodeke wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Quote:

It was an opinion not a fabrication. Maybe there's some other elephant in the room besides $60 billion. If you're going to disagree with that so vehemently I think it's upon you to offer an alternative explanation.

And he needs the best consultants money can buy because the position was repellent.

OK you're entitled to your opinion. If we're going to rely on opines I say mine is he was not saying those thing because Bloomberg's rich. I think there was a good reason for what he was saying I just don't know what it was. I'm not going to fabricate.

If it was repellent why didn't he reject it when he took office? It took the best consultants money could but to come up with “I was wrong and I am sorry.” He first blamed it on Giuliani.

What did "I was wrong and I'm sorry" do to repair the damage done? He stayed with S&F for years and all he had to say was I was wrong and I'm sorry. If you bought that I think you're incredibly naive.

He's gonna need the high paid consultants tomorrow.

EDIT Bloomberg's trying to buy his way out of S&F and into the Oval Office.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

So if no one gets the majority going into the convention, and another candidate gets the majority of normal delegates, you're OK if they didn't have as many as Bernie going in?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
kristyan benedict
@KreaseChan
More than 500,000 children have been displaced in NW Syria since 1 Dec 2019.

Yesterday,
@UNICEF
received reports that the last two operational hospitals in the western part of Aleppo governorate were hit, one of them a maternity & children’s hospital

https://twitter.com/KreaseChan/status/1229880806174273536

Article attached in link. Over 900K people displaced in under three months.

"Syrians are in a desperate race to outrun a brutal tegime offensive." CNN
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
It's so frustrating to see the future, just KNOW that Biden will win SC, but have to play the waiting game, play nice and proclaim: " Hey, WOW... Bernie and pete won two states almost exclusively white, which the democratic party is almost exclusively NOT, how impressive..."

Polls also had Hillary beating Drumpf so...

Bloomberg polling over Joe will evaporate after the debate when everyone piles on his racist policing policies, and buying an election.

I'm guessing more people are affected by his ads than the debates, as far more people see them far more often.

Bloomberg ads? not sure about Cali but it is everywhere in the northeast, TV, radios and all the time too

He is spending 1 mil a day just in facebook ads. that's ten times the Trump spend.

You know what’s amazing about that. If he earns a measly 2% on his $60 billion, he’s earning over $3 million per day just in interest. He doesn’t even need to touch the principle to spend at that level.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

So if no one gets the majority going into the convention, and another candidate gets the majority of normal delegates, you're OK if they didn't have as many as Bernie going in?

No. If he walks into the convention with a plurality of delegates he should be the nominee.

Honestly, who still believes Pete, Warren, and Klobuchar are viable options at this point? It should be obvious, especially to these highly educated voters, what the choice is.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

No. If he walks into the convention with a plurality of delegates he should be the nominee.

Honestly, who still believes Pete, Warren, and Klobuchar are viable options at this point? It should be obvious, especially to these highly educated voters, what the choice is.

Exactly. I just see now way that those 3 will win the nomination. Zero. Bernie has all the momentum. And it's looking like Billionaire Bloomie's ad buys are finally working. I can't scroll any social media or watch any youtube videos without seeing a Bloomberg ad. That (bleep) actually works on people who don't really follow politics. I know quite a few people who've told me they're gonna vote for Bloomberg. Small sample size, but his campaign strategy ($$$) is working.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bloomberg-moves-second-behind-sanders-213015513.html

Goes to show how weak Biden and the rest of the moderates are
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/bloomberg-moves-second-behind-sanders-213015513.html

Goes to show how weak Biden and the rest of the moderates are

So in other words a 78 year old is running second against 2 77 year olds seeking to unseat a 73 year old. American democracy in action.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

This is the part I don’t understand. The rules are that you need a majority to win. So if you don’t have a majority, they should just give it to you? And all while talking about superdelegates and all being a rigged system? But we should rig it for the guy who got a minority of the votes even if the other delegates came from more moderate candidates?

Would you accept that in reverse? If Biden had thirty percent of the delegates and Bloomberg ten (using round numbers), Bernie 25, Warren 20, and Steyer 15, and on the second ballot most of Steyer and Warren’s delegates went to Bernie, because he represented their constituents, you wouldn’t consider that a proper democratic result? I would.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

This is the part I don’t understand. The rules are that you need a majority to win. So if you don’t have a majority, they should just give it to you? And all while talking about superdelegates and all being a rigged system? But we should rig it for the guy who got a minority of the votes even if the other delegates came from more moderate candidates?

Would you accept that in reverse? If Biden had thirty percent of the delegates and Bloomberg ten (using round numbers), Bernie 25, Warren 20, and Steyer 15, and on the second ballot most of Steyer and Warren’s delegates went to Bernie, because he represented their constituents, you wouldn’t consider that a proper democratic result? I would.

I think the flaw in this argument is that you're assuming people are voting based on ideology. Most do not. Biden's voters second choice, according to Morning Consult, last I checked, was Bernie. And the you have some Klobuchar supporters who's next choice is Warren, and vice versa, because they're voting on gender. It makes no ideological sense.

But if you want to go that route it should be on the voting groups to get their (bleep) together and realize what they're doing. I think progressives did that, which is why they consolidated around Bernie. The fact that these moderates or unengaged can not is their fault. The choice should be very clear for them at this point. It's Biden.

And let's not pretend like the super delegates are some kind of caucus system. They're lobbyists and insiders. Bloomberg probably owns most of them at this point. Bernie likely doesn't have any. How in the world is that considered a fair or democratic fight?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
They're lobbyists and insiders. Bloomberg probably owns most of them at this point. Bernie likely doesn't have any.

You'd think Sanders would have at least two superdelegates with him, one of them being Bernard Sanders of Vermont and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York.

As of now, there are actually 22 superdelegates who have endorsed Sanders. Biden has 69. Bloomberg has 20. Warren has 21. Buttigieg has 13. Klobuchar has 9. Of course, those numbers mean nothing as of now since they are not pledged delegates and most of these candidates will drop out at some point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2024, 2025, 2026 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2025 of 3663
Jump to: