THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2030, 2031, 2032 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Dear God. Bernie is above 50% for Dems under 45 years old.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I wonder how much of that is under 30. I’d be curious what the 30-45 split is.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Them young whippersnappers don't know what the hell's really going on.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Them young whippersnappers don't know what the hell's really going on.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

You can say that again. More jello?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I like how countless MSNBC pundits have telling us all day that Bernie is a polarizing candidate and that, other than his strong base, no one else likes him within the Democratic Party. And then Steve Kornacki shows that Bernie has a 72 approve 19 disapprove, the highest net approval of all Democrats.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
You can say that again. More jello?

You my friend are making my night. LINK

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I like how they've been telling us all day that Bernie is a polarizing candidate and that, other than his strong base, no one else likes him within the Democratic Party. And then Steve Kornacki shows that Bernie has a 72 approve 19 disapprove, the highest net approval of all Democrats.

People like Bernie. He’s genuine and a good guy in what he fights for. But match that against the fact that 70% poll for someone else. He’s polarizing on issues and electability, not on likability.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject:

The Bernie health records debate is such bs. He released a pretty in depth letter from his physician that gives plenty of necessary info to let us know if he's healthy enough to run for president. I don't know what more people want. The one negative I'd say is that his HDL (good cholesterol) is 32, and it should be 40 or greater. But HDL is notoriously difficult to raise. He's an old man that just had a heart attack, so that is a knock against him. But based on the doctor's letter, asides from that he's pretty healthy at this time.

I think it's a complete invasion of privacy to actually release every single physician's progress note for the past 20, 30, 40 years on the guy. A detailed summary is more than sufficient.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Klobuchar looked like she was about to cry over this Mexico question, this is just like Pete’s AA question... but she held on, strong work, it would’ve been over for her if she cried

I noticed that too. She was getting upset and angry and her voice was cracking. If Pete went after her further it would've made him look terrible. But I'm sorry, she doesn't have it. She fumbles her words and just seems so unprepared. Everyone else on the stage asides from Klobuchar and Bloomberg are able to hold their own in a debate. Warren came out aggressive which I thought was great, I think she did well tonight. Bernie was good. Biden had his moments someone must have slipped him some Adderall tonight. Pete is all one liners and generic platitudes. I think Warren came out on top tonight, and Bernie held steady. Interesting to see how the rest of the week plays out.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
The Bernie health records debate is such bs. He released a pretty in depth letter from his physician that gives plenty of necessary info to let us know if he's healthy enough to run for president. I don't know what more people want. The one negative I'd say is that his HDL (good cholesterol) is 32, and it should be 40 or greater. But HDL is notoriously difficult to raise. He's an old man that just had a heart attack, so that is a knock against him. But based on the doctor's letter, asides from that he's pretty healthy at this time.

I think it's a complete invasion of privacy to actually release every single physician's progress note for the past 20, 30, 40 years on the guy. A detailed summary is more than sufficient.

I agree. Unfortunately that’s not what he promised. And that’s the issue.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Ted wrote:

I mean, I get it. Maybe he changed his mind. Maybe he had second thoughts. But I don't think it's worth too much time debating at this point. Has any candidate actually released all of their medical records, like the nitty gritty details of each and every doctor's visit? Is that standard practice? I genuinely don't know.

We have all the info we need. That's essentially what we want to know, right? If the letter had some glaring red flags, then I'd agree, release more records. But the man is medically fit to do what he needs to do. I don't think hammering home on that is actually benefitting anyone who's trying to make him look bad.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:37 am    Post subject:

Reading headlines
Biden will work his ass for Bernie if he gets nom

Obama privately told staff he will do the same if Nom

The alt-right trash media thinks Bernie having three homes and a million dollars means he is too rich for his jive
How old is Bernie? How Hard did he work

If our children's education system wasn't an intentional failure every American would be taught how to earn money and how to protect it and also what cost of living means. No child should graduate into adulthood without being able to defend him or herself from the Economics of living in a world where money buys people's Souls.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

President Cortez?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Ted wrote:

I mean, I get it. Maybe he changed his mind. Maybe he had second thoughts. But I don't think it's worth too much time debating at this point. Has any candidate actually released all of their medical records, like the nitty gritty details of each and every doctor's visit? Is that standard practice? I genuinely don't know.

We have all the info we need. That's essentially what we want to know, right? If the letter had some glaring red flags, then I'd agree, release more records. But the man is medically fit to do what he needs to do. I don't think hammering home on that is actually benefitting anyone who's trying to make him look bad.

I think a lot of people see his age and health as disqualifying factors already and don't know how to articulate that given the rest of the field. They have sufficient information not to vote for Sanders because putting a 78 year old guy coming off of a heart attack into the most stressful job in the world isn't right for him or for the country. Hounding him for additional medical history isn't worth it, but pointing out Sanders' public backtracking and Briahna Joy Gray's hypocrisy and double speak to defend her boss is really where the argument has landed at this point.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Unfortunately for Warren, it's probably a little too late.

We're only two primaries in.

She lost when she went after the uber rich

No, she lost when she tried to hedge her bets between Sanders and Biden and not picking off a sufficient number of votes from either lane. Gender and age didn't help either.

But you can still vote for her. We're only two primaries in. She has a pathway to the nomination.

Actually, that was the right lane for her. But she tried to get left if Bernie and then clumsily come back to the middle, and if you have no political instincts and are liked for being a straight shooter, that’s death. She should have said Biden doesn’t go far enough and Bernie can’t get where he wants to go. Here’s the solid middle (of the Dems) plan.

Yes, that's the accurate way of putting it. She should've found her lane between them and stuck to it but clumsily veered into Sanders territory before trying to get back on track.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
governator wrote:
Klobuchar looked like she was about to cry over this Mexico question, this is just like Pete’s AA question... but she held on, strong work, it would’ve been over for her if she cried

I noticed that too. She was getting upset and angry and her voice was cracking. If Pete went after her further it would've made him look terrible. But I'm sorry, she doesn't have it. She fumbles her words and just seems so unprepared. Everyone else on the stage asides from Klobuchar and Bloomberg are able to hold their own in a debate. Warren came out aggressive which I thought was great, I think she did well tonight. Bernie was good. Biden had his moments someone must have slipped him some Adderall tonight. Pete is all one liners and generic platitudes. I think Warren came out on top tonight, and Bernie held steady. Interesting to see how the rest of the week plays out.

They were going for the same base, Biden's
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

For those who are old enough, between Nader '00 and Sanders '20 who is more accomplished, IYO?

Nader.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
For those who are old enough, between Nader '00 and Sanders '20 who is more accomplished, IYO?

Nader.

Is the two women senators more accomplished than Bernie?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Nader.

Warren enacted a bill to require the Secretary of the Treasury to mint coins in recognition of the 60th anniversary of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

So, yes.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

Welp, the Swift-boating of Mayor Pete has begun: https://twitter.com/votevets/status/1230539123582210048
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Welp, the Swift-boating of Mayor Pete has begun: https://twitter.com/votevets/status/1230539123582210048

Swift-boating a vet who served when you support the draft-dodging, bone-spur, coward that is in office?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Swift-boating a vet who served when you support the draft-dodging, bone-spur, coward that is in office?

I mean, this is the same party that thinks POW are not heroes.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Nader.

Warren essentially creating the consumer protection bureau (and then being denied the opportunity to run it by petty senators) is pretty arguably the biggest actual accomplishment of the three.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Nader.

Warren essentially creating the consumer protection bureau (and then being denied the opportunity to run it by petty senators) is pretty arguably the biggest actual accomplishment of the three.
Along with her debate rebuttals to Bloomberg yesterday.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2030, 2031, 2032 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2031 of 3671
Jump to: