THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2041, 2042, 2043 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I'll be honest, I'm looking forward to being a Bernie crank. I better not have to rely on my employer for insurance after 2021 or Bernie's a neolib hack sellout.

Not me. Should Bernie go on to the Presidency, I want him to be successful. To do otherwise would reduce oneself to just being a different kind of Bernie Bro.

I defer to your superior ethics and still look forward to being a Bernie crank.

Not about that at all. I have kids and I have no desire to see their world burn to the ground due to political pettiness . . . but carry on.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I'll be honest, I'm looking forward to being a Bernie crank. I better not have to rely on my employer for insurance after 2021 or Bernie's a neolib hack sellout.

Not me. Should Bernie go on to the Presidency, I want him to be successful. To do otherwise would reduce oneself to just being a different kind of Bernie Bro.

Not about that at all. I have kids and I have no desire to see their world burn to the ground due to political pettiness . . . but carry on.

My complaints will mean nothing, but I have no kids and welcome death, so I'm in a different boat than you.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Imagine if Biden had a heart attack four months ago. Would Surfitall make comparisons to birtherism...curious.

If you go back and read the thread, you’ll see that I said I would have made the exact same argument for Biden, Warren, Hillary, Trump, Etc. Sorry to disappoint.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

My complaints will mean nothing, but I have no kids and welcome death, so I'm in a different boat than you.

C'mon man!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I have no kids and welcome death, so I'm in a different boat than you.

If we ever happen to end up in the same boat (or any vehicle for that matter), please let me take the wheel until we get to our destination and then I will happily disembark.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Imagine if Biden had a heart attack four months ago. Would Surfitall make comparisons to birtherism...curious.

If you go back and read the thread, you’ll see that I said I would have made the exact same argument for Biden, Warren, Hillary, Trump, Etc. Sorry to disappoint.

The problem wasn't the target, it was the argument.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I find it confusing that Bernie is so well appreciated among the simple everyday citizens but the headlines are that he is terrible for the Democratic Party.. if this is true then America is a (bleep) ..

A man for the people by the people isn't accepted as a Democrat or not willing to be supported by the Democratic party? If he is an Independent hijacking the Democratic party then our country will be much better off imho.

We just survived three years of stunted Lucifer ..

FWIW... Trump and the Republicans already (bleep) over any Democratic President for a lot of years with their Budget thefts..

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/report/deficit-tracker/
More than 1 Trillion by years end..
Take Sars19 into account and those numbers will be worse
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

C'mon man!!!

I take it LG.com won't be boosting presales for my second book The Case for Killing Yourself: What Camus Got Wrong.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

C'mon man!!!

I take it LG.com won't be boosting presales for my second book The Case for Killing Yourself: What Camus Got Wrong.

If you're asking me HELL TO DA NO!!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

As soon as the threat of Trump is gone, he's going to hemorrhage voters in the 2022 midterms. Middle class suburbs will turn blood red.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject:

What if Trump and Bernie are both Communists/Russian Mafia?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject:

This is why I wanted Warren for President 2020. And this is why I think Bernie will be our next nominee.

https://imgur.com/a/b2B6Wr1

Last edited by kikanga on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:22 am; edited 2 times in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject:

Wonder if upper middle/upper level income Democrats might stay home/vote 3rd party if Bernie wins the primary due to fear of tax increases? Not sure how big but I think it will happen. At least Bernie has now essentially receives the most support nationally from Latinos and AA (via polls), his front runner is real. 3 of the 4 moderates need to drop out and form the anti-Bernie or 2020 ‘Hillary’ or we’re looking at trump v Bernie, I’m scared Bernie might lose to trump
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
Bernie gonna pick Hilary as VP and shock the world

Bernie is the first candidate from either party in history to win the popular vote in the first 3 primaries

I'm sure you're joking, but on the outside chance you aren't.

No way Bernie does that.

No way Hilary accepts that.

DMR, of course I was joking but actually Bernie might have to pick a straight up moderate Democrat on the VP ticket, there might be anti-Bernie who’s scared of taxes Democrats who’d need a little ‘insurance’
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Wonder if upper middle/upper level income Democrats might stay home/vote 3rd party if Bernie wins the primary due to fear of tax increases? Not sure how big but I think it will happen. At least Bernie has now essentially receives the most support nationally from Latinos and AA (via polls), his front runner is real. 3 of the 4 moderates need to drop out and form the anti-Bernie or 2020 ‘Hillary’ or we’re looking at trump v Bernie, I’m scared Bernie might lose to trump

This is going to have to be addressed by him and others

They need simple numbers that show how much effect down the economic strata

Explain the Crimes of the Trump Tax Theft in plain English

The INVISIBLE FARM BAILOUT CAUSED BY TRUMP media totally silent as more money has been sent to Farms than Obama sent to banks and Detroit from my understanding

He has cost us twice what M4A would
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:40 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

Bernie is the first candidate from either party in history to win the popular vote in the first 3 primaries

No way Bernie does that.

DMR, of course I was joking but actually Bernie might have to pick a straight up moderate Democrat on the VP ticket, there might be anti-Bernie who’s scared of taxes Democrats who’d need a little ‘insurance’

You know who is a moderate and who would absolutely trigger Republicans as a VP pick? Adam Schiff.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

No way Bernie does that.

You know who is a moderate and who would absolutely trigger Republicans as a VP pick? Adam Schiff.

haha, that would be a blood bath general election, imagine the verbal diarrhea coming out of Trump then (he'd prob drop Pence and put Ivanka as VP)
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

No way Bernie does that.

That is frighteningly great idea..
Name one democrat that doesn't approve of him?

How about Pelosi?
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

The wealthy deserve to have their taxes increased. Our tax system has been upside down for quite some time.

Regarding moderates dropping out...This is the same argument people made on the Republican side when Trump won and apparently it’s not how it works. People end up rallying behind a winner. Trump had a defining moment in his campaign where he started outlining specific policies about immigration which got more traditional Republicans to come around. Bernie still needs a similar moment for the traditional Dems to show that he has some concrete plans that can get passed.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

No way Bernie does that.

I’d be on board with that, but I don’t think Bernie would be. If I were to bet on it, I’d put money on him picking Warren.

He wants more diversity, and someone who will carry on and support his progressive ideas if he doesn’t win.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
governator wrote:

The wealthy deserve to have their taxes increased. Our tax system has been upside down for quite some time.

Regarding moderates dropping out...This is the same argument people made on the Republican side when Trump won and apparently it’s not how it works. People end up rallying behind a winner. Trump had a defining moment in his campaign where he started outlining specific policies about immigration which got more traditional Republicans to come around. Bernie still needs a similar moment for the traditional Dems to show that he has some concrete plans that can get passed.

yeah but we're talking about people's $, hope Bernie can get their votes (he has to do a better job explaining the decrease in costs outweight the increase in taxes, put out concrete numbers)
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
governator wrote:

Trump ran against a (sadly) historically unpopular candidate and lost the popular vote by 3 million. He's consistently been the most unpopular president since they've been polling approval ratings.

Maybe don't compare your guy to Trump.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
This is why I wanted Warren for President 2020. And this is why I think Bernie will be our next nominee.

https://imgur.com/a/b2B6Wr1

Yes, exactly right. By the way, I just read that USC is now offering free tuition to families that make less than $80,000 per year. Right now private college administrations must be experiences a little nervousness with the thought that they could be competing against free colleges in the near future.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
governator wrote:

Trump ran against a (sadly) historically unpopular candidate and lost the popular vote by 3 million. He's consistently been the most unpopular president since they've been polling approval ratings.

Maybe don't compare your guy to Trump.

I’m talking about when he was in the primaries, not the general election.

As others have pointed out, there are many similarities between Sanders and Trump. Both considered party outsiders. Both are considered populists. Both extremely disliked by the more traditional party voters. You are sticking your head in the sand if you don’t look at how Trump won the party nomination under very similar circumstances and try to learn from that.

He still does not have this locked up at all. There is still a strong liklihood that we will go into a brokered convention, so now he has to figure out how to get the centrists to hold their nose and go along with it.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
governator wrote:

yeah but we're talking about people's $, hope Bernie can get their votes (he has to do a better job explaining the decrease in costs outweight the increase in taxes, put out concrete numbers)

You are right. I kind of wish he’d start breaking out some visuals in his ads that show something like this. Yang would, Perot did, but Bernie has never struck me as that kind of candidate.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2041, 2042, 2043 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 2042 of 3673
Jump to: