THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2049, 2050, 2051 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
22 studies agree, Medicare for All Saves Money:

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/healthcare/484301-22-studies-agree-medicare-for-all-saves-money?amp

I think that’s something we all agree on here (although governator isn’t happy about how that happens.

I am concern about M4A, no hiding about it. People like me has invested (in my case) 14 yrs of post H.S. Education and hundreds of thousand of $ in debt to start my medical career and to think that suddenly your income would be slashed while at the same time your taxes would go up, when I’ve put blood and sweat into my career, people can make fun of me/mock me all they want, I would voice my concern. (bleep), it wasn’t given to me even if you don’t think I’ve earned it.
Why do you think DMR is also concern about losing his union medical benefit that he has also earned? U gonna mock him too?

What is Rule #1 of a Physicians Code?
Could the cost of Health Care be considered a violation of Rule #1

Quote:
" First do no harm "
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/healthcare/484301-22-studies-agree-medicare-for-all-saves-money?amp

I think that’s something we all agree on here (although governator isn’t happy about how that happens.

I am concern about M4A, no hiding about it. People like me has invested (in my case) 14 yrs of post H.S. Education and hundreds of thousand of $ in debt to start my medical career and to think that suddenly your income would be slashed while at the same time your taxes would go up, when I’ve put blood and sweat into my career, people can make fun of me/mock me all they want, I would voice my concern. (bleep), it wasn’t given to me even if you don’t think I’ve earned it.
Why do you think DMR is also concern about losing his union medical benefit that he has also earned? U gonna mock him too?

Quote:
" First do no harm "

Wish it was that simple, I would love that
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ribeye wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Still waiting for that Chait quote.

I'm busy, atm. It shouldn't be hard to find. It was in his regular column. I believe he prefaced it by saying "there's a 20% chance" he's a Manchurian candidate or something.

You certainly have not been too busy to make about 20 useless posts this morning.

Will Trump Be Meeting With His Counterpart — Or His Handler?

There you go.

Don't have time for more Trump.. but I will try to read this one.. whew.

Reminds me how when I was in University I realized America was like a rapehouse for wealthy Fratboys and Elite families *this was back when Enron was laughing about people dying in faked Brownouts... All this wealth yet all this moral poverty... How is it possible and why?

I always ask the Trumpsters why Trump has met with Putin and Putin only IN SECRET every time they are near?? 5-6 times now iirc
Trump Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Meeting in Private with Putin
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/01/trump-putin-g20-meeting
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Quote:
" First do no harm "

Actual workers are caught in the middle.. No medical professional appreciates the cost of care...

This is like the teachers vs administrators cops/jails/prisons vs money invested in schools and communities

Medical Care Administration is filled with people aiding and abetting criminals who overcharge and intentionally cause hell in peoples lives while they are trying to survive whatever the condition that now cost them every cent of their ability to earn.. Earn or Die

Schools are upside down also.. teaching kids to be booksmart and not life smart.. Truly understanding it.. No junk food no alcohol abuse no credit card debt .. learning to always keep community and never feel so alone you want to die etc etc..

The Predator Millionaires and Billionaires need to speak to Orb Mother
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Quote:
" First do no harm "

Actual workers are caught in the middle.. No medical professional appreciates the cost of care...

This is like the teachers vs administrators cops/jails/prisons vs money invested in schools and communities

Medical Care Administration is filled with people aiding and abetting criminals who overcharge and intentionally cause hell in peoples lives while they are trying to survive whatever the condition that now cost them every cent of their ability to earn.. Earn or Die

Schools are upside down also.. teaching kids to be booksmart and not life smart.. Truly understanding it.. No junk food no alcohol abuse no credit card debt .. learning to always keep community and never feel so alone you want to die etc etc..

Junk food, alcohol abuse, and credit card debt are how you enjoy life, though.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
governator wrote:
governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Quote:
" First do no harm "

and how your doctor enjoys you
how the courts enjoy being filled
how the prisons get filled
how families are destroyed

I feel like I recently read Poor Richards Almanack
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
governator wrote:
governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Quote:
" First do no harm "

and how your doctor enjoys you
how the courts enjoy being filled
how the prisons get filled
how families are destroyed

I feel like I recently read Poor Richards Almanack

I'm just looking to die young, pretty, and extremely online, brother.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Reminder: there are a number of leftist pundits who will (correctly) lambaste bad conservative and centrist opinion writers even though they themselves are terrible (bleep) writers and thinkers. These terrible leftist opinion writers will continue to grow in number and become more mainstream. They suck. Just like Bret Stephens sucks.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Heard a analogy on primary Democratic turnout that caught my ear. Sam Seder said. There may be many Democrats that don't vote in the primary who're saying they'll vote for whoever the nominee is. I voted Biden but believe that analogy holds water.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Heard a analogy on primary Democratic turnout that caught my ear. Sam Seder said. There may be many Democrats that don't vote in the primary who're saying they'll vote for whoever the nominee is. I voted Biden but believe that analogy holds water.

Let’s hope so but I don’t see those ‘late comer’ Democrats coming out for Bernie (maybe they will for Biden), the same way I don’t see hardcore Bernie bro’s coming out for whoever not named Bernie.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Let’s hope so but I don’t see those ‘late comer’ Democrats coming out for Bernie (maybe they will for Biden), the same way I don’t see hardcore Bernie bro’s coming out for whoever not named Bernie.

I agree. I think in an election like this, people are either engaged or they aren't. The number of people who skip the Primary but show up in November is going to be small enough that it will be effectively insignificant.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I hope you're wrong. I believe Trump will be the incentive for Democrats to go to the polls even Bernie Bros.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Bernie denouncing Bernie bros on CNN townhall, also denouncing Russia. Hasn’t talk about any of his opponents at all, he def believe his the front runner
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Bernie denouncing Bernie bros on CNN townhall

And I am sure the Bros will definitely pay heed.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

Bernie Staffer Mocked Warren’s Looks, Pete’s Sexuality on Private Twitter Account

Quote:
During the most recent presidential primary debate in Las Vegas, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) suggested that critiques of some of his most antagonistic online supporters are largely unfounded and unfair, proposing that some of the worst offenders might actually be Russian trolls on a mission to sow disunity in the field.

But the private Twitter account of a newly promoted campaign staffer indicates that despite his condemnation of online harassment, at least some of the Vermont senator’s most toxic support is coming from inside the house.

Using the account @perma_ben, Ben Mora, a regional field director for Sanders’ campaign based in Michigan, has attacked other Democrats in the field—as well as their family members, surrogates, journalists, and politically active celebrities—in deeply personal terms, mocking their physical appearance, gender, and sexuality, among other things.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Mora has tweeted, “looks like her name: pained, chunky, [and] confused origin/purpose.” Former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg “is what happens when the therapist botches the conversion,” and his husband, Chasten, Mora predicts, will be “busted for running a meth racket” in 10 years. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), a frequent subject of Mora’s private account, is called a “dumb Okie,” “an adult diaper fetishist” who “looks like (bleep)” and who lied about having Native American ancestry “to get into Harvard.”
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

Bernie Staffer Mocked Warren’s Looks, Pete’s Sexuality on Private Twitter Account

Quote:
During the most recent presidential primary debate in Las Vegas, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) suggested that critiques of some of his most antagonistic online supporters are largely unfounded and unfair, proposing that some of the worst offenders might actually be Russian trolls on a mission to sow disunity in the field.

But the private Twitter account of a newly promoted campaign staffer indicates that despite his condemnation of online harassment, at least some of the Vermont senator’s most toxic support is coming from inside the house.

Using the account @perma_ben, Ben Mora, a regional field director for Sanders’ campaign based in Michigan, has attacked other Democrats in the field—as well as their family members, surrogates, journalists, and politically active celebrities—in deeply personal terms, mocking their physical appearance, gender, and sexuality, among other things.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Mora has tweeted, “looks like her name: pained, chunky, [and] confused origin/purpose.” Former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg “is what happens when the therapist botches the conversion,” and his husband, Chasten, Mora predicts, will be “busted for running a meth racket” in 10 years. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), a frequent subject of Mora’s private account, is called a “dumb Okie,” “an adult diaper fetishist” who “looks like (bleep)” and who lied about having Native American ancestry “to get into Harvard.”

Hardly surprising. And another reason I never bought Bernie's "who me?" schtick when called on questionable behavior by his staff.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
BTW, wanted to be on the record that Matthews should be fired.

Should they still have Carville on, too?

or this scumbag

I have no problem with any of it, btw. I love that their business model and audience are dying. The faster the better.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

or this scumbag

I have no problem with any of it, btw. I love that their business model and audience are dying. The faster the better.

Whatever. Just keeping this here for posterity.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

or this scumbag

I feel so bad for you.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Chris Matthews has apologized to Bernie and his supporters for comparing him to the Nazis.

I still think he needs to go. This wasn't the first time nor will be the last time he said something stupid.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Chris Matthews has apologized to Bernie and his supporters for comparing him to the Nazis.

I still think he needs to go. This wasn't the first time nor will be the last time he said something stupid.

That’s such an absurd sentence. Who would have thought.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:35 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Wilt wrote:

That’s such an absurd sentence. Who would have thought.

Got this off Reddit yesterday

There should be some kind of licensing Matthews should have suspended or
If MSNBC had any morals they'd force Matthews to work for Fox

Release: Sanders to FCC: Stop Comcast-NBC Merger
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/release-sanders-to-fcc-stop-comcast-nbc-merger
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

Hardly surprising. And another reason I never bought Bernie's "who me?" schtick when called on questionable behavior by his staff.

You may be surprised to find out that Bernie supporters are attacking the author of this article, Scott Bixby, en masse. Apparently Mr. Bixby is a journalist with wealthy parents unlike...1% of all journalists living in NYC.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:40 am    Post subject:

Hosni Mubarak has reportedly died. May he rest in hell
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject:

44.4% Left, 75% Liberal on the political test

am I more aligned with bernie than I thought or is he a lot more left than me?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2049, 2050, 2051 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2050 of 3663
Jump to: