THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2159, 2160, 2161 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/aoc-rails-against-corporate-bailout-stimulus-bill-backed-by-every-senate-democrat-there-should-be-shame/

A whole minute of dissent. Wonder if she's still Feeling the Bern or on friendly terms with the fake bailout warrior.

I take it all back. Liz and Bernie really were the same.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-biden-faces-sexual-assault-211641946.html

so this counts #metoo or #russianhoax ?

Oh snap, YA GOT US!
(except it links to yahoo mainpage, and not the story)
Tough to get in a gotcha to "own the libs" if you can't get the link right.
Smooth computer moves ya got there, Bill Gates.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/aoc-rails-against-corporate-bailout-stimulus-bill-backed-by-every-senate-democrat-there-should-be-shame/

A whole minute of dissent. Wonder if she's still Feeling the Bern or on friendly terms with the fake bailout warrior.

No one is pure enough or perfect enough for you, apparently. If that's your standard for other human beings, you're in for a lifetime of disappointment and unnecessary self-inflicted misery. You can't change other people but you can change your own perspective. That doesn't mean you stop fighting for what you believe in, but it means adjusting your expectations when things don't turn out the way you expected. Blaming people who are largely on your side is pointless and self-destructive.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

No one is pure enough or perfect enough for you, apparently. If that's your standard for other human beings, you're in for a lifetime of disappointment and unnecessary self-inflicted misery. You can't change other people but you can change your own perspective. That doesn't mean you stop fighting for what you believe in, but it means adjusting your expectations when things don't turn out the way you expected. Blaming people who are largely on your side is pointless and self-destructive.

I want my politicians to fight for things THEY claim to believe in, not capitulate for the sake of pragmatism or worry about the scorn they'll endure from moderates. I accept that there's an art to politics. I don't accept that those two are doing it well.

Loyalty should be to policies and principles, not individual people. I think that's where we differ.

Of course, I'm actually commending AOC, who unlike those two blowhards, really had a gun to her head on this. She barely has any power and represents the epicenter of the epicenter.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

John Kerry: GOP lawmaker (Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) against coronavirus relief package "tested positive for being an arsehole" http://hill.cm/xzy2hF4

If truth be told, I think that virus spread among the GOP (and their flock) a long time ago.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
John Kerry: GOP lawmaker (Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) against coronavirus relief package "tested positive for being an arsehole" http://hill.cm/xzy2hF4

If truth be told, I think that virus spread among the GOP (and their flock) a long time ago.

His fellow Kentuckian, Rand Paul, would likely have voted against it in the Senate except he's in quarantine.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Thank you to Rachel @Maddow for putting our Military on full display, and showing how GREAT a job the Federal Government is doing! Also, a special thanks to General Semonite, a Patriot of the highest order and a truly talented engineer and builder!

Quote:
Rachel Maddow MSNBC @maddow

Hi, Mr. President -- thanks for tweeting that interview. Gen. Semonite and the Army Corps are indeed doing great work, but at nowhere near the scale that is needed.

We're hundreds of thousands of hospital beds behind, months behind schedule, and...

..we're about to see the number of sick patients surge and hospitals overflow in multiple US sites at once.

This is not an NYC problem or even just a city problem. The apex patient surges will not happen tidily, one after the other, they'll flare up all over, overlapping.

(By the way, did anyone show you the rest of the show from last night?)
CLIP: States in chaotic scramble for supplies without federal COVID leadership Rachel Maddow shows how the lack of coordinating leadership from the Trump administration has allowed the market for medical supplies to spin out of control, forcing states to compete against each...msnbc.com

Mr. President, with all the heroism and good work we're seeing from Americans around the country, you personally are leading the worst national response of any industrialized nation in the world, in what is now the largest COVID-19 outbreak on earth.

I say this without any malice at all, but please know that the US response is a catastrophe that is on track to cost hundreds of thousands of lives.

Stop talking about yourself and hyping unproven treatments and demanding people compliment you and all the rest of the nonsense.

(1) Nationalize the supply chains for critical medical supplies -- you should have done that months ago. Fifty states fending for themselves is idiotic, but it persists day after day, week after week. You can fix this now.

(2) Get people like VP Pence and your son-in-law out of the way and bring in actual, experienced pandemic response experts and scientists to lead the response and brief the nation.

(3) Some Governors are following your zig-zagging and dithering lead and refusing even now to institute clear stay at home orders to slow the spread of the virus -- tell them unequivocally to change course, now.

(4) Prisons, jails, detention centers will be death traps for prisoners/detainees and staff. They'll also become leaking reservoirs of infection for every community -- order emergency decarceral measures, now, before it spreads wildly everywhere people are kept behind bars.

(5) We're going to need mass testing, a massive effort to isolate those with the virus (separate and apart from uninfected people staying home), a huge data-driven contact tracing effort, and a wartime-level mobilization of health workers and people to support them.

You're failing to do any of that. Any of it. Any of it. You're failing on every measure, and it is worse by the day. Find experts who can do this for the country and please, sir, get out of the way.

Thank you again for tweeting that interview

For those that don't know: Maddow holds a bachelor's degree in public policy from Stanford University and a doctorate in political science from Oxford University. She began her career as an AIDS activist.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Yamiche Alcindor

@Yamiche

President Trump at the White House just now talking about coronavirus: "You can call it a germ. You can call it a flu. You can call it a virus. You can call it many different names. I'm not sure anyone even knows what it is."
3:44 PM · Mar 27, 2020·Twitter Web App
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Narcissist-in-Chief doesn't care if sick people die because they couldn't get federal help. But does he realize he needs some of these states (swing states) to win re-election?

Quote:
Kenneth P. Vogel @kenvogel

!!! TRUMP has urged PENCE not to call governors in affected states who have criticized the federal response.

"I say Mike, don't call the governor of Washington; you're wasting your time with him. Don't call the woman in Michigan. … If they don't treat you right, I don't call."
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Soothing words for the nation's children:

Quote:
Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

Pres Trump's message to kids at home: "You are a citizen of the greatest country...We were attacked like nothing that's happened possibly since 1917. We were attacked & we're winning the battle & we are going to win the war & it's not hopefully going to take that much longer."

Isn't that what Adolph told the Hitler youth?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Rachel Maddow MSNBC @maddow

(4) Prisons, jails, detention centers will be death traps for prisoners/detainees and staff. They'll also become leaking reservoirs of infection for every community -- order emergency decarceral measures, now, before it spreads wildly everywhere people are kept behind bars.

Her whole response was perfect. It's why she's my favorite reporter/news anchor.

But I'm especially happy this was one of her points. Mass incarceration will worsen and extend this pandemic in our country to a degree impossible anywhere else in the world.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Narcissist-in-Chief doesn't care if sick people die because they couldn't get federal help. But does he realize he needs some of these states (swing states) to win re-election?

Quote:
Kenneth P. Vogel @kenvogel

!!! TRUMP has urged PENCE not to call governors in affected states who have criticized the federal response.

"I say Mike, don't call the governor of Washington; you're wasting your time with him. Don't call the woman in Michigan. … If they don't treat you right, I don't call."

Yep. Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania all have Democratic governors, all elected or re-elected in 2018.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

Incredible moment.

@jonkarl asks multiple times: Will everyone who needs a ventilator have one?

President Trump: “Don’t be a cutie pie. Everyone who needs one?"
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dr. Deborah Birx, a respected physician and experienced diplomat who seemingly serves as a voice of reason in her role as coordinator of the White House’s coronavirus task force, raised a lot of eyebrows on Thursday with her effusive praise of President Donald Trump as “attentive to the scientific literature and the details” during an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network.

“He’s been so attentive to the scientific literature and the details and the data,” Birx said. “I think his ability to analyze and integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit during these discussions about medical issues.”

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21197074/deborah-birx-praised-trump-scientific-literature-coronavirus

Not the first and not the last person that destroyed their reputation for him.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Quote:
Dr. Deborah Birx, a respected physician and experienced diplomat who seemingly serves as a voice of reason in her role as coordinator of the White House’s coronavirus task force, raised a lot of eyebrows on Thursday with her effusive praise of President Donald Trump as “attentive to the scientific literature and the details” during an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network.

“He’s been so attentive to the scientific literature and the details and the data,” Birx said. “I think his ability to analyze and integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit during these discussions about medical issues.”

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21197074/deborah-birx-praised-trump-scientific-literature-coronavirus

Not the first and not the last person that destroyed their reputation for him.

At least make the lie believable. He has the attention span of a gnat, the vocabulary of a junior high student, doesn't read and needs his briefings in one-page simplistic bullet points. He can't remember what anyone said two minutes ago much less be able to integrate complex data then formulate and express any coherent thoughts on the subject. DEAR LEADER. How little self-respect do you have to have for yourself that you would go to a microphone and regurgitate this kind of obvious and obsequious nonsense? Where does he find them all?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I want my politicians to fight for things THEY claim to believe in, not capitulate for the sake of pragmatism or worry about the scorn they'll endure from moderates. I accept that there's an art to politics. I don't accept that those two are doing it well.

Loyalty should be to policies and principles, not individual people. I think that's where we differ.

Of course, I'm actually commending AOC, who unlike those two blowhards, really had a gun to her head on this. She barely has any power and represents the epicenter of the epicenter.

So basically, you want them to vote to kill or harm millions of people they are fighting for.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

So basically, you want them to vote to kill or harm millions of people they are fighting for.

No, I want a Senator to put a hold on it and split the bill.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar already explained why that can't/wouldn't happen. The resulting delay would harm millions of Americans, it wouldn't succeed and they'd be right back in the same place but with even more sick and dying people, more financially desperate people. Having a temper tantrum that harms fellow Americans and accomplishes nothing is as stupid and cruel as anything Trump has done.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject:

If only one s*cret s*rvice dude just pulled a "whoopsies..."
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject:

So I've done a quick survey of the women in my life- all the Biden and Warren supporters say the sexual assault lady is lying, and one of the two Bernie supporters say the same thing...It's all in the quote she says Biden said to her while assaulting her:

“Come on, man, I heard you liked me... “You’re nothing to me.”

There is no way in hell a guy who says "malarkey" would say "man" to a woman.

Bernie supporters are so depraved they stoop to Leanne Tweeden republican levels of smear.

Waiting for the Sanders staffer from the 80's to return the favor in kind.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I've wondered that a few times man, all it takes is one.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Omar already explained why that can't/wouldn't happen. The resulting delay would harm millions of Americans, it wouldn't succeed and they'd be right back in the same place but with even more sick and dying people, more financially desperate people. Having a temper tantrum that harms fellow Americans and accomplishes nothing is as stupid and cruel as anything Trump has done.

You're missing the point!

It's not about lives!!

It's about "principles"!!!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

A future American hero.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

A future American hero.

William Wallace was a terrorist to some.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Some relatively good news, even though it's only one poll: Fox News Poll: Biden leads Trump, wins high marks for female VP pledge

Quote:
Former Vice President Joe Biden bests President Donald Trump by nine points in a 2020 ballot test, in the first Fox News Poll since Biden became the de facto Democratic nominee.

In a head-to-head presidential matchup, Biden is up by 49-40 percent over Trump, a lead that is outside the poll’s margin of sampling error. Another 11 percent would vote for someone else or are undecided. Last month, Biden was ahead by 49-41 percent.

Quote:
The race remains a nine-point advantage for Biden over Trump when looking only at those voters extremely interested in the election (52-43 percent) and the former vice president has an eight-point edge in battleground states (48-40 percent).

However, Biden’s advantage grows to 25 points, 57-32 percent, in close counties (where Hillary Clinton and Trump were within 10 points in 2016).

Quote:
In the matchup, Biden is the choice among liberals, non-whites, moderates, suburban women, and voters ages 65 and over.

Suburban women, moderates and 65 and over. That's different than 2016.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2159, 2160, 2161 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2160 of 3671
Jump to: