THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2172, 2173, 2174 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Navy strips command of USS Theodore Roosevelt from Capt. Bett Crozier for letter about pandemic among his crew that leaked:
Quote:
The U.S. Navy captain who wrote an anguished and widely publicized letter this week to his superiors about a coronavirus outbreak aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier he commanded has now been relieved of that command.

"I lost confidence in his ability," acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly said of Capt. Brett Crozier while briefing reporters late Thursday at the Pentagon on the commander's dismissal.

NPR

Crozier is still in the Navy, but he sacrificed any future advancement in command to try and help his sailors. A salute to him for his valor.

In Crozier's place I'd let a sigh of relief. I'd go into 2 week isolation and thank those who caused my release. He's no longer in a infested environment.

The guy definitely deserves a good break. He deserves more than that from a future administration, but that's for another day.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Jared Kushner inspires the opposite of confidence whatever that word is.

I've never seen a picture of Jared Kushner where he looked like an actual human with blood flowing through his veins. He looks like a cross between a figure from the Wax Museum and a creepy vampire pretending that he's human right before he bites you on the neck and sucks all your blood. In other words, he fits right into the Trump family!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Navy strips command of USS Theodore Roosevelt from Capt. Bett Crozier for letter about pandemic among his crew that leaked:
Quote:
The U.S. Navy captain who wrote an anguished and widely publicized letter this week to his superiors about a coronavirus outbreak aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier he commanded has now been relieved of that command.

"I lost confidence in his ability," acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly said of Capt. Brett Crozier while briefing reporters late Thursday at the Pentagon on the commander's dismissal.

NPR

Crozier is still in the Navy, but he sacrificed any future advancement in command to try and help his sailors. A salute to him for his valor.

In Crozier's place I'd let a sigh of relief. I'd go into 2 week isolation and thank those who caused my release. He's no longer in a infested environment.

The ship is quarantined in Guam. He's not going anywhere.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I accidentally turned on the daily "news" conference and in about 30 seconds he told 3 lies in the most arrogant fashion possible. Click. He's the most thoroughly loathsome person I've ever seen in my lifetime.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

I've never seen a picture of Jared Kushner where he looked like an actual human with blood flowing through his veins. He looks like a cross between a figure from the Wax Museum and a creepy vampire pretending that he's human right before he bites you on the neck and sucks all your blood. In other words, he fits right into the Trump family!

lol

They released a documentary about Jared earlier this year called Brahms: The Boy II. Here's the trailer:

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

lol

They released a documentary about Jared earlier this year called Brahms: The Boy II. Here's the trailer:

But the question is: Is Jared the creepy boy or the creepy doll?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I accidentally turned on the daily "news" conference and in about 30 seconds he told 3 lies in the most arrogant fashion possible. Click. He's the most thoroughly loathsome person I've ever seen in my lifetime.

I don't understand why anyone intentionally subjects themselves to those inane exercises in arrogance and deception. People should save some of their brain cells and just get the bullet points later.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I don't understand why anyone intentionally subjects themselves to those inane exercises in arrogance and deception. People should save some of their brain cells and just get the bullet points later.

Personally, i can't watch more than one minute to a minute and a half of him in a day.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

lol

But the question is: Is Jared the creepy boy or the creepy doll?

I believe he's the creepy doll and the creepy boy is his brother who's profiting off his brother's corruption in the White House.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Guys like Daniel Dale (https://twitter.com/ddale8) and Aaron Rupar (https://twitter.com/atrupar) are just two of the people who subject themselves to Trump hell every day to record and fact check his narcissistic ramblings so we don't have to. I salute them and others like them.

Even if someone doesn't like Joe Biden, please think of poor Aaron and Daniel and vote for him over Trump so they don't drink themselves to death during four more years of this (bleep).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Look at this idiotic dead-eyed ghoul:
Quote:
Aaron Rupar
@atrupar
JARED KUSHNER: "The notion of the federal stockpile was it's supposed to be our stockpile. It's not supposed to be states stockpiles that they then use."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1245852517474295809
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

NPR

The ship is quarantined in Guam. He's not going anywhere.

If I have it right he'll be removed from the ship as soon as his replacement is named. If that in fact is true I'm sure he'll be quartered in a safe area. Therefore a sigh of relief.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Joke time:

Quote:
A plane with 5 passengers on board: Trump, the Pope, Dr. Fauci, Gov. Cuomo and a 10 year old school girl. The plane is about to crash and there are only 4 parachutes. Dr. Fauci says "I need one. I have to help develop a cure for Covid19!" He takes one and jumps. The Pope says "I need one. I have to help spiritually guide people through the global health crisis that is Covid19!" He takes one and jumps. President Trump says "I need one, I'm the smartest and most wonderful man in the USA." He takes one and jumps. Then Gov. Cuomo says to the 10 year old "you can have the last parachute. I've lived a good life and yours is only starting." The 10 year old says "DONT WORRY, there are 2 parachutes left. The smartest man in the USA took my backpack."

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Joke time:

Quote:
A plane with 5 passengers on board: Trump, the Pope, Dr. Fauci, Gov. Cuomo and a 10 year old school girl. The plane is about to crash and there are only 4 parachutes. Dr. Fauci says "I need one. I have to help develop a cure for Covid19!" He takes one and jumps. The Pope says "I need one. I have to help spiritually guide people through the global health crisis that is Covid19!" He takes one and jumps. President Trump says "I need one, I'm the smartest and most wonderful man in the USA." He takes one and jumps. Then Gov. Cuomo says to the 10 year old "you can have the last parachute. I've lived a good life and yours is only starting." The 10 year old says "DONT WORRY, there are 2 parachutes left. The smartest man in the USA took my backpack."

That got me CL. I haven't had a good laugh in some time.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Pelosi is establishing a House select committee to investigate the administration's coronavirus response. It will be chaired by Jim Clyburn.

Good idea Nancy! What a tool.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Pelosi is establishing a House select committee to investigate the administration's coronavirus response. It will be chaired by Jim Clyburn.

Yes, Trump is a tool for failing in his duty to protect Americans through his denying, lying and utter incompetence.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Leaked documents show Amazon corpirate gearing up to smear a recently fired Amazon warehouse organizer, Christian Smalls, as "inarticulate" and by questioning his intelligence. Smalls is a black man.

Quote:

Brad Stone
@BradStone
This leak is damning, unprecedented for Amazon and evidence that it very much sees itself as fighting a two-front war right now - against Covid-19, and against what it views as the existential dangers of a unionized workforce in warehouses:

https://twitter.com/BradStone/status/1245812065186361344

Article attached in link above.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

A Twitter idea I saw from a blue checkmark that may or may not be feasible: local governments should float municipal bonds for the Fed to purchase as loans that can he re-paid through state taxes.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Denmark agreed to compensate employers up to 90% of their employees salaries.
Netherlands covering 90% of the payroll to companies facing 20% loss of their revenue or more.
UK paying 80% of wages for any companies who need the help with no cap on spending.
Germany even chips in for part time workers.

America. You'll get a $1200 check in 3-20 weeks. In the meantime 6.6 million people can file for unemployment and cross your fingers you'll get paid, but be aware the system isn't ready for this mass influx. Rent freeze? Don't hold your breath. Rent forgiveness? Don't make us laugh.

Thank god Democrats have the House. Otherwise we wouldn't even be getting the $1200 and unemployment.

Keep in mind all the European countries mentioned have free or government sponsored healthcare. So ... if you're American and lost your job. Don't get sick, COVID related or not.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I'm out of the loop, what is wrong with the idea?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Denmark agreed to compensate employers up to 90% of their employees salaries.
Netherlands covering 90% of the payroll to companies facing 20% loss of their revenue or more.
UK paying 80% of wages for any companies who need the help with no cap on spending.
Germany even chips in for part time workers.

America. You'll get a $1200 check in 3-20 weeks. In the meantime 6.6 million people can file for unemployment and cross your fingers you'll get paid, but be aware the system isn't ready for this mass influx. Rent freeze? Don't hold your breath. Rent forgiveness? Don't make us laugh.

Thank god Democrats have the House. Otherwise we wouldn't even be getting the $1200 and unemployment.

Keep in mind all the European countries mentioned have free or government sponsored healthcare. So ... if you're American and lost your job. Don't get sick, COVID related or not.

Germany did the same thing in 2008. I think given how healthcare is tied to employment in the US, payroll-centered stimulus would make a lot more sense and would be simpler than UI-based stimulus, but that would take a massive political reorientation established ahead of a crisis like this.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

At some point, you just have to accept the results of an election that took place almost four years ago and move on.

As Speaker of the House, you could argue her legacy of accomplishments (it is one witch hunt after another instead of doing her job for the people) is the weakest in the history of the position.

Just my two cents. Man up, get a better candidate and beat him already. Another four years of this bellyaching is going to be unbearable.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Theseus wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

At some point, you just have to accept the results of an election that took place almost four years ago and move on.

As Speaker of the House, you could argue her legacy of accomplishments (it is one witch hunt after another instead of doing her job for the people) is the weakest in the history of the position.

Just my two cents. Man up, get a better candidate and beat him already. Another four years of this bellyaching is going to be unbearable.

I'm going to assume you thought the investigations into Hillary Clinton's e-mails were also "witch hunts."

Also, Pelosi has a weaker legacy as Speaker than Paul Ryan?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Theseus wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Just my two cents. Man up, get a better candidate and beat him already.

Come on man . . . things have gone way too far off the rails to simply think of it as "move on sore losers". The nation is in absolute shambles. People are losing their livelihoods en masse. People are dying because of Trump's mismanagement and ego-driven decision making. This is way beyond accepting the election results.

Quote:
Another four years of this bellyaching is going to be unbearable.

I'm sorry that you think that what is going on in regards to criticism of Trump's unquestionably destructive leadership is simply "bellyaching" and it's disturbing that the "bellyaching" is what you find "unbearable" and not the train wreck that is going on in the White House.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Uh, oversight is one of congresses jobs. And this admin needs more oversight than others.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2172, 2173, 2174 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2173 of 3663
Jump to: