THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2252, 2253, 2254 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Joe Rogan is a HACK pushing Obamagate, downplaying Russian collusion, and openly attacking the Democratic nominee with unfounded bull (bleep).
https://twitter.com/themattdimitri/status/1261789988464648194

Its remarkable how little he has changed/grown. He is pretty much intellectually lazy, he has had really smart people on like Neil Degrasse Tyson and Sam Harris, yet he keeps falling back to this Alex Jones type BS.

If I thought he were smart I'd say this is a facade to keep morons tuning into his podcast. Except I think he just might actually believe in this nonsense because its more interesting than the truth, and he's just intellectually lazy.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

rogan is cronkite for dumb as (bleep) millennial men who spend most of their free time on the internet

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject:

No talk on what Biden said this morning? Really stupid statement by him. I don't think he meant any harm, but it was tone deaf and ignorant.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Joe Rogan is a HACK pushing Obamagate, downplaying Russian collusion, and openly attacking the Democratic nominee with unfounded bull (bleep).

I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank.

So admirable.

I remember having long discussions with Surtitall about the value Joe Rogan provides to society by being unafraid to invite all kinds of people to his show and let them speak.

It's been reduced to "Kikanga, he's making more money than you."

Yep. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being financially successful. But obviously how one gets there is a different matter. It's odd that someone with Surf's "ideals" ignores them when it is personally convenient.

Where did that come from?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank.

So admirable.

I remember having long discussions with Surtitall about the value Joe Rogan provides to society by being unafraid to invite all kinds of people to his show and let them speak.

It's been reduced to "Kikanga, he's making more money than you."

Yep. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being financially successful. But obviously how one gets there is a different matter. It's odd that someone with Surf's "ideals" ignores them when it is personally convenient.

Where did that come from?

The "crying all the way to the bank" comment in regards to Rogan perpetuating Trumpian BS . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Its remarkable how little he has changed/grown. He is pretty much intellectually lazy, he has had really smart people on like Neil Degrasse Tyson and Sam Harris, yet he keeps falling back to this Alex Jones type BS.

If I thought he were smart I'd say this is a facade to keep morons tuning into his podcast. Except I think he just might actually believe in this nonsense because its more interesting than the truth, and he's just intellectually lazy.

I have heard Rogan speak in a variety of contexts and it is closer to the bolded. I think there is a huge dose of Dunning-Kruger involved as well. And intellectually lazy is being kind.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
No talk on what Biden said this morning? Really stupid statement by him. I don't think he meant any harm, but it was tone deaf and ignorant.

You mean where he vowed not to tax anyone making less than $400k on CNBC (Hillary and Obama's threshold was $250k). Oh, where he spit in a voter's face again.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

The "crying all the way to the bank" comment in regards to Rogan perpetuating Trumpian BS . . .

Yep.
It's okay to say I (pretending I'm Surf) liked Rogan when he was endorsing my guy Bernie.
But his most recent comments (A) are unacceptable and (B) show he truly leans right and is pushing their agenda forward.

The veil Joe used to cover his bias is thinning day after day.

It's okay for people to change their opinion of others. Heck I used to like watching Trump on The Apprentice.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
akk7 wrote:

You mean where he vowed not to tax anyone making less than $400k on CNBC (Hillary and Obama's threshold was $250k). Oh, where he spit in a voter's face again.

Biden must feel pretty confident that he'll win without your vote or Candace Owens' vote.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Can you please proportionally express your disdain for all parties?
I'm not gonna defend the Biden comment you're referencing since I didn't see it.

But why are you silent in terms of institutionalized Republican racism, bigotry, sexism, treason, unnecessary COVID deaths, private prisons expanding the prison industrial complex, taking workers rights away, tax policies favoring the rich when Republicans do it.

It makes it seem like you hate Democrats more than you support Progressive policy.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri May 22, 2020 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Can you please proportionally express your disdain for all parties?
I'm not gonna defend the Biden comment you're referencing since I didn't see it.

But why are you silent in terms of institutionalized Republican racism, bigotry, sexism, the prison industrial complex, taking workers rights away, tax policies favoring the rich when Republicans do it. It is clear you just hate Democrats and don't truly support Progressive policy.

FIFY
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Yep.
It's okay to say I (pretending I'm Surf) liked Rogan when he was endorsing my guy Bernie.
But his most recent comments (A) are unacceptable and (B) show he truly leans right and is pushing their agenda forward.

The veil Joe used to cover his bias is thinning day after day.

It's okay for people to change their opinion of others. Heck I used to like watching Trump on The Apprentice.

The biggest issue is that Joe Rogan sucks and has never not sucked. I mean, he was the worst part of NewsRadio, a show that had Andy D!ck on it.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

President Trump says governors must open places of worship and allow people to gather at them this weekend.

He adds a threat, "If they don't do it, I will override the governors."

There have been many reports that COVID spreads more easily where loud speaking and loud singing takes places, especially in confined indoor spaces. Many cluster outbreaks started at places of worship.

To sum up:
1) He's being a hypocrite with regard to church going because he's not a Christian and doesn't attend church regularly and could care less about anyone's "right" to worship. He doesn't care about anyone's rights period.
2) He's strictly pandering to his evangelical base.
3) He and they are so stupid that more unneeded deaths will like occur as a result.
4) They won't stop supporting him even if it kills them.
5) He will use this as cover to go play golf for the first time in months. Mark my words.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Quote:
It is clear you just hate Democrats and don't truly support Progressive policy.

FIFY

There's a clear difference between working forward to push the country towards progressivism and working backwards to crap on Democrats and false equivocate them with Republicans any time possible.

If you care about policy. It's impossible to do both at the same time.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri May 22, 2020 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

President Trump says governors must open places of worship and allow people to gather at them this weekend.

He adds a threat, "If they don't do it, I will override the governors."

There have been many reports that COVID spreads more easily where loud speaking and loud singing takes places, especially in confined indoor spaces. Many cluster outbreaks started at places of worship.

To sum up:
1) He's being a hypocrite with regard to church going because he's not a Christian and doesn't attend church regularly and could care less about anyone's "right" to worship. He doesn't care about anyone's rights period.
2) He's strictly pandering to his evangelical base.
3) He and they are so stupid that more unneeded deaths will like occur as a result.
4) They won't stop supporting him even if it kills them.
5) He will use this as cover to go play golf for the first time in months. Mark my words.

Also...federalism.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
It makes it seem like you hate Democrats more than you support Progressive policy.

I explained this to you in a PM.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:

To be honest. I was thinking of the PM when I wrote that.

Maybe I misunderstood you. Maybe you could've made your point clearer.

But you greatly shortened the distance between Democrats and Republicans to the detriment of progressivism in my opinion.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri May 22, 2020 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:

But you greatly shortened the distance between Democrats and Republicans to the detriment of progressivism in my opinion.

We just have differing definitions of progressivism then. I don't know how many more examples I can you give that the party is moving to the right for the exception of cultural issues. Maybe that's all you care about.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:

We just have differing definitions of progressivism then. I don't know how many more examples I can you give that the party is moving to the right for the exception of cultural issues. Maybe that's all you care about.

One party wants to advance things forward at a slower pace than either of us prefer. And one party wants to move backwards 100 mph. And it appears you are either blind to that or severely underestimate that fact.

So when you rank Trump and Obama equal as Presidents. You're spitting in the face of that difference. If other movements that required great change thought the same way. They never would've happened.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Greenfrog. How do you feel about:

1) Republicans being mad workers are closer to a living wage/UBI with these current unemployment benefits.
and
2) Want to strip workers of their rights to hold employers accountable if they unnecessarily get COVID returning to work.

If you could just admit both those Republican positions are wrong. That would go a long way. Because we both know you'd be upset if Biden said either of those things.

Neither one of these things are "cultural issues".
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Greenfrog. How do you feel about:

1) Republicans being mad workers are closer to a living wage/UBI with these current unemployment benefits.
and
2) Want to strip workers of their rights to hold employers accountable if they unnecessarily get COVID returning to work.

If you could just admit both those Republican positions are wrong. That would go a long way. Because we both know you'd be flipping tables if Biden said either of those things.

Neither one of these things are "cultural issues".

Wait, Democrats are for a UBI now? They weren't even for Jayapal's Paycheck Guarantee Act.

And I've conceded, I don't know how many times to you, that Democrats are slightly better. That's part of the scam. Paper or plastic.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Wait, Democrats are for a UBI now? They weren't even for Jayapal's Paycheck Guarantee Act.

And I've conceded, I don't know how many times to you, that Democrats are slightly better. That's part of the scam. Paper or plastic.

What do you say to the families who lose those unemployment benefits due to Mitch McConnell? And who have a family member die due to preventable and unsafe workplace COVID deaths? AND they have zero legal recourse (again thanks to Mitch).

To tell them your life would be slightly better if daddy was around and you had enough food to eat. I can't imagine that.

Saying there is a slight difference is a grave and deadly understatement. We had cities putting dead bodies on ice rinks because thats the only way they could manage the body bags. And most of it was preventable if Republicans just stayed awake during a pandemic briefing.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri May 22, 2020 1:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

"cultural issues"
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
"cultural issues"

To downplay the difference is to downplay the difference between life and death. Food or starvation.

It's mind boggling. Why even support left wing policy if that is just a "slight" difference?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

What do you say to the people who lose those unemployment benefits due to Mitch McConnell? And who have a family member die due to preventable and unsafe workplace COVID deaths?

Your life would be slightly better if daddy was around and you had enough food to eat?

Does Daddy have free-at-the-point-of-service health care in this scenario? This is really the crux of the disagreement, if your staring point is that low, a free test or mask or whatever is enough to win your vote, why would they ever move to the left or whatever you consider "progressive"? You just admitted you can be bought for peanuts. That's why they don't care. That's why Biden will tell Charlemagne to (bleep) off.

Last edited by greenfrog on Fri May 22, 2020 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2252, 2253, 2254 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2253 of 3671
Jump to: