THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2268, 2269, 2270 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
One of the most unapologetic white supremacists in Congress:

Quote:
Nate Cohn @Nate_Cohn
·
Steve King's (R-IA04) reelection chances are in jeopardy right now, as he trails a GOP primary challenger by 8 points so far. His hope, at this point, is that the early vote is unrepresentative. And that's his only hope, as many relatively weak areas for him are outstanding.

The guy that defeated him isn't any better. Probably will make it more difficult for the Democrats to win the seat in November.

He's pretty much the same guy.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
One of the most unapologetic white supremacists in Congress:

Quote:
Nate Cohn @Nate_Cohn
·
Steve King's (R-IA04) reelection chances are in jeopardy right now, as he trails a GOP primary challenger by 8 points so far. His hope, at this point, is that the early vote is unrepresentative. And that's his only hope, as many relatively weak areas for him are outstanding.

The guy that defeated him isn't any better. Probably will make it more difficult for the Democrats to win the seat in November.

He's pretty much the same guy.

Yeah, just smart enough not to say the bad stuff out loud. He ran on the idea that King wasn’t fit to help Trump.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Lord knows I'm not going to defend Dubya, but that statement (no matter who he got to write it for him) was pretty much on the money.

It was well written and means something he would give his name to it, even if he didn't write it. I don't know how he can supposedly be such a close friend of Michele Obama if he actually took any other stance.

I have deep issues with what W did during his tenure, and his administration was full of war criminals and profiteers, and that's on him. But I do think he thinks of himself as a gentleman, and I can't forget the warmth the Obamas received from he and his wife, and so I will always be an opponent of his regime and his running of it, but i accept some humanity and decency from him as well.

W may be a nice guy in general, but he, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice were all terrible human beings who helped tear apart the fabric of our nation both domestically and internationally.

Where the hell was this humanity and decency 10-15 years ago from W?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Lord knows I'm not going to defend Dubya, but that statement (no matter who he got to write it for him) was pretty much on the money.

It was well written and means something he would give his name to it, even if he didn't write it. I don't know how he can supposedly be such a close friend of Michele Obama if he actually took any other stance.

I have deep issues with what W did during his tenure, and his administration was full of war criminals and profiteers, and that's on him. But I do think he thinks of himself as a gentleman, and I can't forget the warmth the Obamas received from he and his wife, and so I will always be an opponent of his regime and his running of it, but i accept some humanity and decency from him as well.

W may be a nice guy in general, but he, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice were all terrible human beings who helped tear apart the fabric of our nation both domestically and internationally.

Where the hell was this humanity and decency 10-15 years ago from W?

No argument.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:04 am    Post subject:

Steve Kerr (and Pop) FTW!

Warriors' Steve Kerr mocks Trump's church photo

Quote:
“I feel so much better seeing him hold the Bible. Now I know he is a moral man driven by family values and a strict set of personal ethics. This changes everything.”

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Obama to address Floyd protests for first time publicly in online town hall

https://tinyurl.com/y72ys2l3

Trump's twitter meltdown is gonna be epic. Even by his standards.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trump-says-went-white-145118553.html

must have been a flushing problem --- 15 times was just too much

Donald Trump Says He Went To White House Bunker During Protests For An “Inspection”

Donald Trump denied that he went to the White House bunker on Friday night out of a sense of precaution as the protests raged outside in Lafayette Square Park.

“Well, it was a false report,” Trump told Fox News Radio’s Brian Kilmeade in a call-in interview on Wednesday. “I went down during the day, and I was there for a tiny little short period of time. It was much more for an inspection. There was no problem during the day. …These problems are during the night, not during the day.”
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

Donald Trump Says He Went To White House Bunker During Protests For An “Inspection”

Donald Trump denied that he went to the White House bunker on Friday night out of a sense of precaution as the protests raged outside in Lafayette Square Park.

“Well, it was a false report,” Trump told Fox News Radio’s Brian Kilmeade in a call-in interview on Wednesday. “I went down during the day, and I was there for a tiny little short period of time. It was much more for an inspection. There was no problem during the day. …These problems are during the night, not during the day.”
LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

I guess they were inspecting what turning the lights off would look like too.

Fwiw, as with everything, Trump is most sensitive to what he dishes out, so creating nicknames for him like Bunker Baby drives him nuts, and should be continued.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Fwiw, as with everything, Trump is most sensitive to what he dishes out, so creating nicknames for him like Bunker Baby drives him nuts, and should be continued.

Bunker B*tch is better
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

On that front I'd tread lightly. Don't poke da bear.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

We all have heard of the inequality between whites and blacks or people of color. I have done my fair share of research on this as well. What I never realized is this:

Non-Hispanic white family* wealth: $171,00

Non-Hispanic black household* wealth: $17,600

White families have substantially more wealth than black families

*The exact terms used in the comparison paragraph.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
paymonM wrote:

LINK

LOL, not just there for a short time, a tiny little short period of time. What a cowardly Bunker (bleep)
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

Monmouth Poll:

Biden 52
Bunker Boy 41

This is the highest rated poll on 538. And Biden is above 50 percent.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
paymonM wrote:

LINK

LOL, not just there for a short time, a tiny little short period of time. What a cowardly Bunker (bleep)

That's why peaceful protesters had to be attacked outside the White House. To placate the coward so he could feel powerful and make them pay for fearing for his own safety for even one nano-second. (bleep) piece of (bleep).
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

The other thing we haven't mentioned is Trump has apparently hired a private police force to protect the White House. These military looking goons showed up at Lincoln Memorial yesterday with no official police or military insignia and refused to answer questions about who they were, saying only they had authorization from DOJ.

They're back there again today:

Quote:
Garrett Haake @GarrettHaake

Back outside the White House. Today the perimeter has been pushed back another half block. Federal law enforcement of some kind, but they won’t identify themselves, and all insignias and name plates have been removed.

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1268233764070731778

Very Putin and Hitleresque. Trump has his own Gestapo now? Is this legal? It's assumed these are Erik Prince's/Blackwater's mercenaries. Another impeachable offense that will never be pursed.

But Trump wasn't afraid when he was in his bunker or anything, right?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jon Favreau @jonfavs

The tear gas wasn’t tear gas. The photo op wasn’t a photo op. The protests weren’t peaceful. The death toll is exaggerated. The virus isn’t that bad. The economy doesn’t need any more help.

All they have left is telling us not to believe what we’re seeing with our own eyes.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

The FBI Finds ‘No Intel Indicating Antifa Involvement’ in Sunday’s Violence

Quote:
The FBI’s Washington Field Office “has no intelligence indicating Antifa involvement/presence” in the violence that occurred on May 31 during the D.C.-area protests over the murder of George Floyd, according to an internal FBI situation report obtained exclusively by The Nation. That same day, President Donald Trump announced on Twitter that [Trump] would designate “Antifa” a terrorist organization, even though the government has no existing authority to declare a domestic group a terrorist organization, and antifa is not an organized group. Following the president’s tweet, Attorney General William Barr said in a statement, “The violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups in connection with the rioting is domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly.” [Emphasis mine.]
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The other thing we haven't mentioned is Trump has apparently hired a private police force to protect the White House. These military looking goons showed up at Lincoln Memorial yesterday with no official police or military insignia and refused to answer questions about who they were, saying only they had authorization from DOJ.

Quote:

Back outside the White House. Today the perimeter has been pushed back another half block. Federal law enforcement of some kind, but they won’t identify themselves, and all insignias and name plates have been removed.

Very Putin and Hitleresque. Trump has his own Gestapo now? Is this legal? It's assumed these are Erik Prince's/Blackwater's mercenaries. Another impeachable offense that will never be pursed.

Wesley Morgan
@wesleysmorgan
Seeing speculation that these guys who won’t identify themselves are contractors.
But as
@jwcglaser’s image shows, some have Bureau of Prisons badges & SORT (BOP Special Ops Response Team) on sleeves.

Not that it makes it any better, supposedly they are saying only vaguely that they work for DOJ. I guess BOP is under DOJ but sure looks like Barr is setting up a special guard for the DC area.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

And if they are from Federal prisons system, isn't Covid extremely prevalent in the prison system? None of these guys I have seen are wearing masks. They could easily be spreading Covid to each other and to the crowds.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Wesley Morgan
@wesleysmorgan
Seeing speculation that these guys who won’t identify themselves are contractors.
But as
@jwcglaser’s image shows, some have Bureau of Prisons badges & SORT (BOP Special Ops Response Team) on sleeves.

Not that it makes it any better, supposedly they are saying only vaguely that they work for DOJ. I guess BOP is under DOJ but sure looks like Barr is setting up a special guard for the DC area.

Facial Recognition software can figure out who these guys are by the end of the day or less I am sure
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

These people will probably be at polling places too

These are Trumps Terrorists

The guys align with the Troops Trump pardoned
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/pompeos-guest-list-for-lavish-madison-dinners-revealed-major-tv-hosts-gop-donors-and-more/

Quote:
The report says the list contained “33 invitees [who] have donated more than $10,000” to Republican causes, and 11 of them backed Pompeo’s campaigns when he served as a Kansas congressman. Previous reporting noted that Fox News hosts were among the guests. Between wealthy donors, conservative media figures and advocates, the guest list had notable names like Oliver North, Karl Rove, Robert Kraft, Samuel Alito, Laura Ingraham and Brian Kilmeade. The new report notes that there were attendees from other news networks, including CBS’ Norah O’Donnell, CNN’s Jamie Gangel, CNBC’s Joe Kernen and Washington Post‘s David Ignatius.

I always thought O’Donnell was a Ron Burgundy or William Hurt (Broadcast News) when she was on MSNBC. No surprise with the others.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

In light of Tom Cotton's op-ed in the NYT calling for military intervention to crush protests in violation of the 1st Amendment, I would like to note that Tom Cotton is a dangerous dude not because he'll have a viable chance at the presidency in the future - he has the charisma of a tapeworm - but because he's the guy who will be in the ear of the next GOP wannabe dictator who will have a good shot at the presidency. And that next conservative martinet won't be a wonkish fascist in a Brooks Brothers suit, it'll be someone like Chris Pratt who has broad name recognition and "isn't a Washington insider."
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
These people will probably be at polling places too

These are Trumps Terrorists

The guys align with the Troops Trump pardoned

Barr is Trump's very own Ernst Rohm who's setting up their own SA troopers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2268, 2269, 2270 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2269 of 3663
Jump to: