THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2367, 2368, 2369 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Anyway, here's an ad of Biden driving a muscle car: https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1291111736167211008

Looks good there! Just to be clear, in this case good means, it's a good look on him.

Tough to acknowledge that one of the most American cars out there already is dominating electric car manufacturing around the world in Tesla, but given Elon Musks tweets of late I can see why it would probably be good to stay away from that.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Here's a recent Daily Show interview. He sounds completely normal. There is no hint of anything off. He's is speaking off the cuff, has cogent answers for everything, and even addresses his stutter and gaffs in a charming self-effacing way. People really need to stop letting themselves be unduly influenced by snippets or edited videos designed to make him look bad.

Thank you for posting this. This...puts me at ease!
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

No, I don't have any evidence that tells me he is mentally unfit to be President.

So what does this mean?

Quote:
Ughhhh. Biden is looking bad.

It means he looks bad...it wasn't a good look for him. Bad does not equal mentally unfit to hold the office. In the context of that video, it meant bad as in, "I'm nervous he's going to lose votes if this is how he performs in public."

Fair enough.

But I just don't see how you can simultaneously claim that he's not unfit to be president AND that he's visibly deteriorated within a period of four months (the last debate was in March), with three months to go to the election and thus more time to further deteriorate.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject:

NYT: Trump’s Bank Was Subpoenaed by N.Y. Prosecutors in Criminal Inquiry

Quote:
The New York prosecutors who are seeking President Trump’s tax records have also subpoenaed his longtime lender, a sign that their criminal investigation into Mr. Trump’s business practices is more wide-ranging than previously known.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office issued the subpoena last year to Deutsche Bank, which has been Mr. Trump’s primary lender since the late 1990s, seeking financial records that he and his company provided to the bank, according to four people familiar with the inquiry

Quote:
Because of its longstanding and multifaceted relationship with Mr. Trump, Deutsche Bank has been a frequent target of regulators and lawmakers digging into the president’s opaque finances. But the subpoena from the office of the district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., appears to be the first instance of a criminal inquiry involving Mr. Trump and his dealings with the German bank, which lent him and his company more than $2 billion over the past two decades.

Deutsche Bank complied with the subpoena. Over a period of months last year, it provided Mr. Vance’s office with detailed records, including financial statements and other materials that Mr. Trump had provided to the bank as he sought loans, according to two of the people familiar with the inquiry.

The bank’s response to the subpoena reinforces the seriousness of the legal threat the district attorney’s investigation poses for Mr. Trump, his family and his company, which in recent years have faced — and for the most part fended off — an onslaught of regulatory, congressional and criminal inquiries.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
jodeke wrote:
A presidential debate would settle the cognition issue. I seriously doubt there's going to be a debate. Trump would be rumblin bumblin stumblin, unable to complete a coherent sentence. I don't think his advisors want him to debate. His narcissism may be his undoing.

I agree, a debate would settle it. More off the cuff interviews with Biden could settle it as well...I think Trump wants those ratings. "The highest rated debates of all time." I can see it already.

No doubt. He would view not debating as a sign of weakness, and we know how fearful he is of that.

As you say to him not to debate would be a sign of weakness. If there's a debate he'll lose horribly. His narcissism will be his undoing.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Here's a recent Daily Show interview. He sounds completely normal. There is no hint of anything off. He's is speaking off the cuff, has cogent answers for everything, and even addresses his stutter and gaffs in a charming self-effacing way. People really need to stop letting themselves be unduly influenced by snippets or edited videos designed to make him look bad.

I think one of the perils of entertaining a narrative such as Biden supposed decline of cognition is that it makes one hyper-"aware" of every little thing that may seem unusual. As a result, there can be a tendency to make more of something than is actually there. If one is introduced to a narrative, one suddenly creates validity to the narrative that doesn't necessarily exist. Whereas if such a thing is not introduced, those same "behaviors" go unnoticed because they are things we all do at some point. If someone says, "I think this milk has gone bad", one's sniff test is more likely to confirm than not.

I'm not saying this necessarily applies to you in this instance, just that it is a behavioral tendency that exists.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Anyway, here's an ad of Biden driving a muscle car: https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1291111736167211008

Looks good there! Just to be clear, in this case good means, it's a good look on him.

Tough to acknowledge that one of the most American cars out there already is dominating electric car manufacturing around the world in Tesla, but given Elon Musks tweets of late I can see why it would probably be good to stay away from that.

Honestly, Surf, I'm an anti-car guy regardless. But most Americans aren't, so Biden playing up to autonomous automobile tech after ads with muscle cars may be a good call.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

Honestly, Surf, I'm an anti-car guy regardless. But most Americans aren't, so Biden playing up to autonomous automobile tech after ads with muscle cars may be a good call.

There is pretty much no downside to being a fan of an old 60’s corvette. It’s a good choice.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

There is pretty much no downside to being a fan of an old 60’s corvette. It’s a good choice.

'56-'57 is the sweet spot for me.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

It's about damn time.

Washington Post: Facebook, Twitter penalize Trump for posts containing coronavirus misinformation

Quote:
Breaking: Twitter said it will require President Trump’s campaign account to remove a post containing coronavirus misinformation, banning the account from tweeting until it does so.

Team Trump’s tweet of a video clip from a Fox News interview — in which President Trump said that children are “almost immune” from covid-19 — violates the site’s rules against misinformation, the company said. Twitter hid the post and said the account will not be able to tweet again until he deletes it, although it can appeal the decision.

Twitter spokeswoman Liz Kelley said the tweet "is in violation of the Twitter Rules on COVID-19 misinformation. The account owner will be required to remove the Tweet before they can Tweet again.”

Quote:
Facebook on Wednesday said it removed President Trump’s post of a video clip from a Fox News interview in which he said that children are “almost immune” from covid-19, marking the company’s increasingly tough stance on political speech amid heightened pressure.

“This video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from COVID-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful COVID misinformation,” said Facebook spokesperson Andy Stone.

This is the first time Facebook has taken down a post from the president for violating the company’s policies on covid misinformation.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
It's about damn time.

Washington Post: Facebook, Twitter penalize Trump for posts containing coronavirus misinformation

Quote:
Breaking: Twitter said it will require President Trump’s campaign account to remove a post containing coronavirus misinformation, banning the account from tweeting until it does so.

Team Trump’s tweet of a video clip from a Fox News interview — in which President Trump said that children are “almost immune” from covid-19 — violates the site’s rules against misinformation, the company said. Twitter hid the post and said the account will not be able to tweet again until he deletes it, although it can appeal the decision.

Twitter spokeswoman Liz Kelley said the tweet "is in violation of the Twitter Rules on COVID-19 misinformation. The account owner will be required to remove the Tweet before they can Tweet again.”

Quote:
Facebook on Wednesday said it removed President Trump’s post of a video clip from a Fox News interview in which he said that children are “almost immune” from covid-19, marking the company’s increasingly tough stance on political speech amid heightened pressure.

“This video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from COVID-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful COVID misinformation,” said Facebook spokesperson Andy Stone.

This is the first time Facebook has taken down a post from the president for violating the company’s policies on covid misinformation.

There's misinformation of some sort in just about everything he posts . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
It's about damn time.

Quote:

Quote:

I wish Twitter would have the balls to suspend or remove Trump. If we posted half the (bleep) he does on our accounts, we would be.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

We’ve been trying to tell you this over and over. It is easy to find interviews. He’s a really knowledgeable, empathetic human. But the lure of “you picked the wrong guy” is strong. I get it, and empathize. But that time is over. You want something to be concerned about? Trump winning. If you’re not working actively against that you’re doing it wrong.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

The trouble with Trump is: He's the dumbest person in the room and doesn't know it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

And finding and pumping a video of Biden not looking magnificent is not working to unseat trump.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

We’ve been trying to tell you this over and over. It is easy to find interviews. He’s a really knowledgeable, empathetic human. But the lure of “you picked the wrong guy” is strong. I get it, and empathize. But that time is over. You want something to be concerned about? Trump winning. If you’re not working actively against that you’re doing it wrong.

Pre-emptive strike before Surf gets suckered into spreading this one.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:57 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
The trouble with Trump is: He's the dumbest person in the room and doesn't know it.

And he thinks it’s the exact opposite, where he and his family are by far the smartest.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

And he thinks it’s the exact opposite, where he and his family are by far the smartest.

Him and his voters think he's the smartest. His other enablers are there for their own careers and getting a piece of the loot. But his voters really look up to him. The amount of nonsense and lies he gets away with is just incredible.
He can give the most unhinged interview ever and his followers are like: "I think he did very well."
Anybody can kick his ass during a debate but his followers only look for insults and outlandish remarks, and they consider it a win for him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:03 am    Post subject:

Aug. 5, 2020, 11:04 AM PDT

I thought this had been quashed. What is Kanye's party?

2020 ELECTION
Republicans in at least four states are helping Kanye West gain ballot access

LINK

Quote:
"It's hard not to feel like Republican operatives are using a mentally ill, very famous rapper who is not going to be president because they think for some reason that it's going to take Black votes away from Joe Biden," said Jesse Lehrich, a Democratic strategist who worked for Hillary Clinton's campaign in 2016.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:59 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Joe Biden would never act this way in a million years. So let's not start both-siding their ages and mental acuity.

Quote:
Jim Acosta @Acosta

A source familiar with Trump’s Tuesday Oval Office meeting with his coronavirus task force said the president is still not demonstrating that he has a firm grasp of the severity of the pandemic in the US.

“He still doesn’t get it,” the source said. “He does not get it.”

As some members of the task force tried to stress the dire nature of the situation to the president during the meeting, the source said Trump repeatedly attempted to change the subject.

“He starts talking about something else,” the source said.

Anyone can watch that Swan interview and see that Trump is completely impenetrable. His ignorance is endless and when someone tries to present facts and truth to him, he actively argues against it instead of just listening to it first and then arguing why he doesn't agree with it. Neaaaayrgh... Trump at one point tells him, "No, you can't do that," when Swan offers him the standard view on the subject. It feels exactly like watching Donald Sterling vs Magic, 2015. Trump is going to sound like that other entrenched, bloodsucking tick named Donald not too many years from now. I try not to be a malicious person, but I'm content, if not outright glad, if not happy that he is probably headed down that road. Why should they of all people have so little pain and loss when everyone else on this planet has to go thru it at some time?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:04 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

The last few pages have been the equivalent of the Airplane! scene where everyone is slapping, punching, shooting, stabbing the hysterical passenger. That woman is the equivalent of the Surfster in this thread.

Biden is gonna win one for the Zipper.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject:

If you say that you're worried about Biden's age, I can understand that. And that's why all of us want him to pick a young, vibrant VP. That's all well and good.

But when you say that you've noticed Biden getting worse since March, which is a short four month period, then it's reasonable to question your motivations. That's what Surf said.

It's simply not true that he has gotten worse. Anyone who has genuinely followed Biden in the last few months would tell you that it's not true. I've seen many TV interviews and online streams. Nothing has changed. He's the same Biden he was when he was debating and performing well against Bernie in March.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

The last few pages have been the equivalent of the Airplane! scene where everyone is slapping, punching, shooting, stabbing the hysterical passenger. That woman is the equivalent of the Surfster in this thread.

Biden is gonna win one for the Zipper.

Haha...that even makes me laugh.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

And Biden trusts experts and scientists, while Trump trusts only his muddled mind and (some of) his troglodytic coterie.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

Trump released a new ad yesterday and almost every image of Biden is altered or intentionally taken out of context to make him look bad. Here is a whole thread going through the particulars.

Quote:
Trump campaign ad against Joe Biden contains a number of doctored images, CNN and WaPo report

https://twitter.com/i/events/1291091122895245312

In two cases they took images of Biden with his head bowed in prayer and photoshopped away the background to make it look like he was "sad, alone, defeated."

In another they photoshopped out a microphone he was holding to make him look like he was posing awkwardly and was somehow out of it.

There was another picture where he sitting in a room full of people. They photoshopped out all the people to make him look like he was alone "hiding."

They are pathetic. They play dirty and you shouldn't fall for it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2367, 2368, 2369 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2368 of 3671
Jump to: