THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 251, 252, 253 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

If Trump ever gets impeached or indicted, I think it will end up being due to some shady money-laundering scheme or other criminal activity, probably with a black-listed foreign entity. However, I think it's the investigation into the Russian connection that will ultimately lead to uncovering his illegal business dealings. But that will probably only happen through an independent prosecutor, or if the intelligence community collects enough evidence to warrant a Federal case (and assuming Sessions has either recused himself, is gone, or evidence so overwhelming that to not prosecute would create a constitutional crisis).

"People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook."
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

And in the mean time, if the administration is trying to add more fuel to the fire of charges against them (doing Russia's bidding by being anti-NATO and pro-Putin), GOOD JOB!

Tillerson plans to skip NATO meeting, visit Russia instead
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/vice-president-pence-set-receive-working-women-award-article-1.3003643

Goebbels would be proud, very proud of this administration

Even the link above Pence's pic is about him traveling
to visit his heroes workplace

No wonder humans created a God when they have to tolerate
Humans like this admin is full of

Taking over a country of 325 million people and raping the elderly the environment the social fabric
List goes on and on..

These (bleep) act like this is a game..
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
And in the mean time, if the administration is trying to add more fuel to the fire of charges against them (doing Russia's bidding by being anti-NATO and pro-Putin), GOOD JOB!

Tillerson plans to skip NATO meeting, visit Russia instead

Just days earlier he leaves South Korea
http://www.salon.com/2017/03/17/tillersons-leaves-south-korea-early-due-to-fatigue-but-u-s-media-isnt-there-to-report/

^^ more darkness
One reporter brought on his trip..not even to report on the trip..
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

NYT: All the President’s Lies

Quote:
I’ve previously argued that not every untruth deserves to be branded with the L-word, because it implies intent and somebody can state an untruth without doing so knowingly. George W. Bush didn’t lie when he said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, and Obama didn’t lie when he said people who liked their current health insurance could keep it. They made careless statements that proved false (and they deserved much of the criticism they got).

But the current president of the United States lies. He lies in ways that no American politician ever has before. He has lied about — among many other things — Obama’s birthplace, John F. Kennedy’s assassination, Sept. 11, the Iraq War, ISIS, NATO, military veterans, Mexican immigrants, Muslim immigrants, anti-Semitic attacks, the unemployment rate, the murder rate, the Electoral College, voter fraud and his groping of women.

He tells so many untruths that it’s time to leave behind the textual parsing over which are unwitting and which are deliberate — as well as the condescending notion that most of Trump’s supporters enjoy his lies.

Trump sets out to deceive people. As he has put it, “I play to people’s fantasies.”
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

And for those who missed Adam Schiff's brilliant opening statement detailing in chronological order the various Trump campaign/Russian connections, here's a Link to the video.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Russian President Vladimir Putin awarded president-elect Donald Trump’s secretary of state nominee Rex Tillerson with the Order of Friendship in 2013.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-did-russia-give-to-trumps-secretary-of-state-pick-rex-tillerson/
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

Happy World Poetry Day! Here's a little Dr. Seuss...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/3/15/14921720/kushner-conflict-interest-anbang

Ivankas husband uses trump ties to china to earn millions

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/ivanka-trump-white-house-236273

Ivanka now gets her own office in the white house and no hiring or title..

Never ends

Trump is the ooposite of Robin Hood
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

The GOP during the Comey hearing: http://i.imgur.com/azp9c3u.jpg
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Trump is showing everyone how America works. Greed, nepotism and corruption from the bottom all the way to the top. That's the reality
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Another probable Putin/Russian hit job:

Key witness in Preet Bharara’s Russian crime probe was just thrown from fourth floor of building in Moscow

He's in the ICU.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Scare tactics. Does he read the polls? He's 58% disapproval. Following him is not a good idea at this juncture. His health plan is a disaster.

Trump Warns House Republicans: Repeal Health Law or Lose Your Seats

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Trump's credibility

Wonderwoman on Trump

Batman on Trump

Trump Sandwich

What's the difference?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Scare tactics. Does he read the polls? He's 58% disapproval. Following him is not a good idea at this juncture. His health plan is a disaster.

LINK

What you're forgetting is Republicans LOVE Trump. He still has negotiating power within his party.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

What you're forgetting is Republicans LOVE Trump. He still has negotiating power within his party.

Au contraire mon ami. I considered his standing with the party.

Have you seen as I have, some in his party distancing themselves from Donald? Also he has all time low approval rating .

Donald's not only wrecking his party he's dismantling democracy. He's showing where his allegiance lies. IMO, Tillerson going to Russia rather than the NATO conference does not bode well for Donald.

His party may be Republican but I hold they are Americans and don't want the country to go down the drain. At least I hope that's the case.

Something I've noticed. When newscasters mention him they don't call him President Trump, they call him Trump or Donald. Have you ever seen that mention for any past president?

I'm a optimist, I believe Donald will fall.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
tox wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Have you seen as I have, some in his party distancing themselves from Donald? Also he has all time low approval rating .

Donald's not only wrecking his party he's dismantling democracy. He's showing where his allegiance lies. IMO, Tillerson going to Russia rather than the NATO conference does not bode well for Donald.

His party may be Republican but I hold they are Americans and don't want the country to go down the drain. At least I hope that's the case.

Something I've noticed. When newscasters mention him they don't call him President Trump, they call him Trump or Donald. Have you ever seen that mention for any past president?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

The problem I see is that giant 86%. It doesn't matter that most independents won't like a candidate siding with Trump if that candidate doesn't get out of the primary to begin with. To that end, Trump probably still wields a lot of power for their re-election chances. I do realize his party doesn't like him, but they still need to be (re-)elected.

I hope you are right. I just don't see evidence for it, yet.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Happy World Poetry Day! Here's a little Dr. Seuss...

Here's a poem for our current times:

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
And for those who missed Adam Schiff's brilliant opening statement detailing in chronological order the various Trump campaign/Russian connections, here's a Link to the video.

That was the highlight of the hearing. It pretty much went downhill from there, with both sides playing politics and asking questions they knew would not be answered.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

That was the highlight of the hearing. It pretty much went downhill from there, with both sides playing politics and asking questions they knew would not be answered.

This was a good wrap up from Denny Heck.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The White House distanced itself from a new report Wednesday that alleges Trump's former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, worked for a Russian billionaire more than a decade ago in order to advance the agenda of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The explosive report by The Associated Press appears to undermine assertions by the Trump administration and Manafort that he had never worked to promote Russia's global influence.

Paul Manafort Once Worked to ‘Benefit the Putin Government’: Report
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Quote:
The White House distanced itself from a new report Wednesday that alleges Trump's former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, worked for a Russian billionaire more than a decade ago in order to advance the agenda of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The explosive report by The Associated Press appears to undermine assertions by the Trump administration and Manafort that he had never worked to promote Russia's global influence.

Certainly as the Trump campaign manager during the RNC he couldn't have been involved in "softening" the language towards Ukraine/Russia.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Quote:

These stories sink fast with the (bleep) Alligator Trump dumps on us

Manaforts daughters phone hacked..texts about daddy having dissidents killed
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

https://freedom-to-tinker.com/2016/09/20/which-voting-machines-can-be-hacked-through-the-internet/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/20/can-voting-machine-be-hacked.html

http://www.geekwire.com/2016/russians-attacking-u-s-election-systems-heres-real-risk-man-fought-soviet-electronic-attacks-cold-war/

I am still hopeful that the Russians hacked the results in swing states and have her a higher total count

Why? So I don't walk in a nightmare imagining so many of the citizens around me like Alligator Trump and gave their vote to Satan
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
jodeke wrote:
tox wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

http://www.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

The problem I see is that giant 86%. It doesn't matter that most independents won't like a candidate siding with Trump if that candidate doesn't get out of the primary to begin with. To that end, Trump probably still wields a lot of power for their re-election chances. I do realize his party doesn't like him, but they still need to be (re-)elected.

I hope you are right. I just don't see evidence for it, yet.

Doesn't the 86% tie to the party's candidate?

The constituents are beginning to complain. The town house meetings are showing just how disgruntled they are.

If the incumbent doesn't show his constituents he's their voice not Donald's, won't that carry some weight?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 251, 252, 253 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 252 of 3673
Jump to: