THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2969, 2970, 2971 ... 3654, 3655, 3656  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Longest I stayed up was six days--speed--and it wasn't a pretty sight.

A beatdown from life is what got me to stop...and the 11 times in jail, too.

At least Addies are kinda cool w/ the young crowd these days. Crack has always been whack. See: Whitney.

I visit friends in NYC who are constantly up on coke and adderall and they exhaust me. Why would I want to be wide awake at 5 a.m.? Give me a few belts of scotch and ten hours of sleep please.

I would've seen the value of Adderalls as a teen to pull all nighters and/or to simply keep focused while studying (I know, a complete nerd admission), but other than that, they're a shty drug. I have a hard enough time maintaining a regular sleep schedule as it is. I don't wanna be like Frank from Blue Velvet. (inhales helium) "N-n-n-nNEXT!!1 Get him outta the car, Raymond!!1 (puts lipstick on) "Mmm-pretty-preeetty..." (wipes blue velvet over face) Frank was a maniac on Addies. "LEEET'S FAAAHH! I'LL FAAH ANYTHING THAT MEEEEWVES!, heh heh heh heh!!..."

these are professional's drugs, the ones I used to see at work was PCP and synthetic marijuana, they f u up
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
If they take out Biden, Harris, and Pelosi, does this mean Pompeo becomes President?

If so... this is pure idiocy to have all three of them at the ceremony.

It may come down to the Designated Survivor.

Quote:
In the United States, a designated survivor (or designated successor) is a named individual in the presidential line of succession, chosen to stay at an undisclosed secure location, away from events such as State of the Union addresses and presidential inaugurations.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
That video is chilling. When the insurrection first took place I didn't really think it was an insurrection. I thought it was a bunch of disgruntled people expressing their displeasure with the election.

Listening to some of the recorded remarks gives rise to they really wanted to take over the government and harm some senators.

Yes. You remember that gallows that was set up? I don't think it was a prop. I think their plan was to march Pence out there and hang him, perhaps others.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
The Washington post put together a great timeline of what happened at the Capitol with footage. It’s really easy to see why that woman was shot when you see the context of what was happening at the time.

Yep. They had to hold the line right there or the insurrectionists would have had themselves some members of Congress. Shocking how long they were still in the House chamber after the breach. Had they been unable to find safe passage a lot more bullets would have been fired and a lot of insurrectionists would have died. You could have had 40-50 people dead if they were cornered and had to start taking more people out. Trump is lucky there is not a massive amount of blood staining the capitol floors.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
trmiv wrote:
The Washington post put together a great timeline of what happened at the Capitol with footage. It’s really easy to see why that woman was shot when you see the context of what was happening at the time.

Yep. They had to hold the line right there or the insurrectionists would have had themselves some members of Congress. Shocking how long they were still in the House chamber after the breach. Had they been unable to find safe passage a lot more bullets would have been fired and a lot of insurrectionists would have died. You could have had 40-50 people dead if they were cornered and had to start taking more people out. Trump is lucky there is not a massive amount of blood staining the capitol floors.

I suspect many have seen the video (shot by John Sullivan, who might be a left winger or might be a right winger or maybe just a wingnuter winger). But if you look at the very beginning, you will see a large group of members of congress moving out of that long hallway these terrorists were trying to access. Had that gal not been shot, and the group broken through the double doors, I hate to imagine what would have happened.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

It's too bad these (white) insurrectionists weren't meted out commensurate treatment...along the lines of how BLM were treated.

BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
If they take out Biden, Harris, and Pelosi, does this mean Pompeo becomes President?

If so... this is pure idiocy to have all three of them at the ceremony.

Chuck Grassley would be president.

Well, at least I wasn't as far off as Haig
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
trmiv wrote:

I thought the evac of the floor waited too long. When Pence and Pelosi left why didn't the rest leave? Continuing with the count seemed to me bravado.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

A primer on a lot of the symbols, patches, flags etc. during the insurrection.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1350849045946900481?s=21
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

What Parler Saw During the Attack on the Capitol

Quote:
As supporters of President Donald Trump took part in a violent riot at the Capitol, users of the social media service Parler posted videos of themselves and others joining the fray. ProPublica reviewed thousands of videos uploaded publicly to the service that were archived by a programmer before Parler was taken offline by its web host. Below is a collection of more than 500 videos that ProPublica determined were taken during the events of Jan. 6 and were relevant and newsworthy. Taken together, they provide one of the most comprehensive records of a dark event in American history through the eyes of those who took part.

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
trmiv wrote:
I think the inauguration will be fine. There’s 20,000 troops in DC plus the Secret Service, FBI and law enforcement are on high alert after the failure on January 6th. Y’all Queda is going to have a hard time overwhelming that number of troops.

there you go and can't go indoor cause of covid. I trust the protection (I hope no military insurrection)

It's not the troops or the agents on the ground - it's the two rings of US Government snipers that will cover every square centimeter of DC from windows and rooftops the evening of January 18 through the morning of January 21. If anyone so much as pulls a handerkerchief, it better be white - otherwise it'll be red.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
I think the inauguration will be fine. There’s 20,000 troops in DC plus the Secret Service, FBI and law enforcement are on high alert after the failure on January 6th. Y’all Queda is going to have a hard time overwhelming that number of troops.

I'd agree if it wasn't for the part where Y'All Queda is also amongst the troops.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
trmiv wrote:

there you go and can't go indoor cause of covid. I trust the protection (I hope no military insurrection)

They've been indoors during everything else, vote certification . . . impeachment. There's no impediment to an indoor ceremony.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

I would've seen the value of Adderalls as a teen to pull all nighters and/or to simply keep focused while studying

I've only tried it a few times, each while playing golf. I'll say this, when it comes to the focus part, that drug delivers.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:
That video is chilling. When the insurrection first took place I didn't really think it was an insurrection. I thought it was a bunch of disgruntled people expressing their displeasure with the election.

Listening to some of the recorded remarks gives rise to they really wanted to take over the government and harm some senators.

Yes. You remember that gallows that was set up? I don't think it was a prop. I think their plan was to march Pence out there and hang him, perhaps others.

Agree 100%. It was designed to work, not to look at.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Pentagon REJECTS President's request for huge military-style farewell parade
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

I wasn't surprised that LE participated in the storming of the capitol. I'm disturbed by veteran participation.

I knew there was prejudice in the services I didn't think it was as widespread as is being reported.

When I joined the navy they were just beginning to breakdown racial barriers.

Most Blacks were gunners mates, boatswain mates, cooks, boilermen, rates that maintained the ship, such as painting, working in the hot boiler rooms, rates that called for no brains.

I had a high entrance score. I was one of 4 Blacks on the bridge. There was a quartermaster, a signalman, an electronic technician. I was the fourth in the radio shack. I sent and received morse code, repaired transmitters, and receivers. I had a secret clearance.

It's disturbing that racism still exists in the armed forces.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I had a high entrance score. I was one of 4 Blacks on the bridge. There was a quartermaster, a signalman, an electronic technician. I was the fourth in the radio shack. I sent and received morse code, repaired transmitters, and receivers. I had a secret clearance.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I wasn't surprised that LE participated in the storming of the capitol. I'm disturbed by veteran participation.

I knew there was prejudice in the services I didn't think it was as widespread as is being reported.

When I joined the navy they were just beginning to breakdown racial barriers.

Most Blacks were gunners mates, boatswain mates, cooks, boilermen, rates that maintained the ship, such as painting, working in the hot boiler rooms, rates that called for no brains.

It's disturbing that racism still exists in the armed forces.

I guess it beat mending sails or rowing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

I would've seen the value of Adderalls as a teen to pull all nighters and/or to simply keep focused while studying

I've only tried it a few times, each while playing golf. I'll say this, when it comes to the focus part, that drug delivers.

Not that an observer could tell...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Not that an observer could tell...

You weren't there those times.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
trmiv wrote:

I thought the evac of the floor waited too long. When Pence and Pelosi left why didn't the rest leave? Continuing with the count seemed to me bravado.

They actually didn’t leave, they were taken to a nearby location within the complex. The others left afterward as soon as they could clear a path.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

That's awesome, but if you are going to regale us with your tales as seaman, we want to hear about what it was like on the Ark.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Pentagon REJECTS President's request for huge military-style farewell parade

Good!
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Could Trump's life get any worse? I think so!

...can't wait to find out how...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2969, 2970, 2971 ... 3654, 3655, 3656  Next
Page 2970 of 3656
Jump to: