THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3111, 3112, 3113 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ari Berman @AriBerman

Manchin & Sinema didn't attend Senate Dem lunch where Texas Democrats spoke about need to pass For the People Act to stop GOP voter suppression
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Nancy Pelosi @TeamPelosi

While #DemocratsDeliver for America’s working families, Republicans are busy trying to punish and disenfranchise voters who had the audacity to vote for their family’s health and well-being.

Democrats can multitask. We are committed to protecting voting rights #ForThePeople.

Quote:
Chuck Schumer @SenSchumer

Today, Senate Democrats are hosting the group of Texas Democrats who staged a dramatic walkout to fight Texas Republicans who were trying to pass one of the most restrictive voting laws in the country

And next week, the U.S. Senate will move forward on voting rights legislation

Put it on the floor. Force Republicans to vote against it. Do it again and again. Then beat them over the head with their hatred for voters and Democracy in 2022.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Ari Berman @AriBerman

Manchin & Sinema didn't attend Senate Dem lunch where Texas Democrats spoke about need to pass For the People Act to stop GOP voter suppression

Those two are absolute cowards. They're not stonewalling based on principle. They're trying to save their jobs.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Ari Berman @AriBerman

Those two are absolute cowards. They're not stonewalling based on principle. They're trying to save their jobs.

At this point I think they are taking campaign money directly from the Chamber of Commerce and the Kochs. The legislation they are opposing has high favorability in their respective states. They are only serving themselves, not their constituents.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject:

This is the bill that Republicans say is not popular and is dead on arrival. The same bill that Manchin and Sinema say "goes too far." That's a load of horse-(bleep).

link
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Pressure works:

Quote:
Greg Sargent @ThePlumLineGS

The reconciliation train is leaving the station. @SenSchumer is instructing Budget Committee Dems to start drawing up the measure tomorrow. He's telling them to go big on climate and family support, Dem aide says, probably to tamp down the liberal revolt:

WaPo link

Quote:
In a meeting with House Democrats on Tuesday morning, top White House adviser Steve Ricchetti appeared to put a hard deadline on the possibility of an infrastructure deal. According to Punchbowl News, Ricchetti said the White House is giving the bipartisan group of senators negotiating that deal another week to 10 days.

Indeed, it’s obvious that, barring some surprisingly abrupt turnaround, Democrats are going to have to pass a big package by themselves, via the simple majority “reconciliation” process.

This train is going to leave the station by the end of the month. And that’s good: If anything, it should have left some time ago. We can only hope the damage done by the wait doesn’t end up being too serious.

This process is already being set in motion. According to a Senate Democratic aide, Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) will convene a meeting with all the Democrats on the Budget Committee on Wednesday to start putting together the reconciliation vehicle for the infrastructure package.

Schumer will instruct those Democrats to craft a measure that includes requisite spending for “policies that would deliver significant emissions reductions,” the aide emails, adding that he will also say that the family-oriented components of Biden’s package are “essential” and must be “robustly funded” in reconciliation.

The reason this is so critical is that many progressives have been loudly objecting that the endless quest for a deal with Republicans was putting all the progressive priorities in Biden’s package at risk. This seems like an effort to reassure the progressives that they needn’t worry.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

We should push through anything we want the same way Trump did

Burn all bridges with these Terrorists.. they aren't actually representing citizens they're representing Predator Capitalists.. Magalomaniacal Billionaires who DGAF about the citizens of the country... just their sick goals.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
We should push through anything we want the same way Trump did

Burn all bridges with these Terrorists.. they aren't actually representing citizens they're representing Predator Capitalists.. Magalomaniacal Billionaires who DGAF about the citizens of the country... just their sick goals.

Agree. Biden can claim it’s a national security risk and executive order everything
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Boycott Italian food. Apparently they used satellites to change votes.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Boycott Italian food. Apparently they used satellites to change votes.

Just use the Jewish space lasers to blow up the Italian satellites, problem solved. No need to give up pizza.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Breaking: House passes bill awarding Congressional Gold Medal to US Capitol Police and DC Metro Police, 406-21. Twenty-one Republicans literally do not Back the Blue.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1404915760192004099
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully, he will flip.

Quote:
Breaking NYT: The Manhattan district attorney's office appears to have entered the final stages of a criminal tax investigation into Trump's chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, setting up the possibility he could face charges this summer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1404933048928391169
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject:

New emails detail Trump's push for Justice Department to overturn election results

Quote:
Washington — New documents released Tuesday by Democrats on the House Oversight and Reform Committee demonstrate the extent of efforts by former President Donald Trump to push the Justice Department to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential election.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

It was a failed coup. It was worse than we thought. But now Republicans are doing a slow-motion pre-emptive coup in order to make sure the next coup succeeds They are trying to write into law their ability to ignore the voters and install whoever they want. That's no longer democracy. That's fascist authoritarianism. And every Republican who is against the For The People Act (which would prevent these undemocratic state laws from taking effect) is affirming their belief in authoritarianism over democracy.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject:

The only people that care are not going to see justice because Biden wants to turn the page and not look back
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Juneteenth is on its way to becoming a federal holiday. Sometimes things are good.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:47 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Pressure works:

Quote:

The reconciliation train is leaving the station. @SenSchumer is instructing Budget Committee Dems to start drawing up the measure tomorrow. He's telling them to go big on climate and family support, Dem aide says, probably to tamp down the liberal revolt:

WaPo link

Quote:
In a meeting with House Democrats on Tuesday morning, top White House adviser Steve Ricchetti appeared to put a hard deadline on the possibility of an infrastructure deal. According to Punchbowl News, Ricchetti said the White House is giving the bipartisan group of senators negotiating that deal another week to 10 days.

Indeed, it’s obvious that, barring some surprisingly abrupt turnaround, Democrats are going to have to pass a big package by themselves, via the simple majority “reconciliation” process.

This train is going to leave the station by the end of the month. And that’s good: If anything, it should have left some time ago. We can only hope the damage done by the wait doesn’t end up being too serious.

This process is already being set in motion. According to a Senate Democratic aide, Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) will convene a meeting with all the Democrats on the Budget Committee on Wednesday to start putting together the reconciliation vehicle for the infrastructure package.

Schumer will instruct those Democrats to craft a measure that includes requisite spending for “policies that would deliver significant emissions reductions,” the aide emails, adding that he will also say that the family-oriented components of Biden’s package are “essential” and must be “robustly funded” in reconciliation.

The reason this is so critical is that many progressives have been loudly objecting that the endless quest for a deal with Republicans was putting all the progressive priorities in Biden’s package at risk. This seems like an effort to reassure the progressives that they needn’t worry.

Or, as some of us said from the get go, Biden always planned on using reconciliation when he couldn’t get a bipartisan bill, and neither Biden nor Schummer are the soft do nothings they are accused of being. Manchin won’t yet give them filibuster reform, but he may now at least have cover to give them reconciliation on a large bill that will have a measurable effect on voters lives.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Pressure works:

Quote:

WaPo link

Quote:

Or, as some of us said from the get go, Biden always planned on using reconciliation when he couldn’t get a bipartisan bill, and neither Biden nor Schummer are the soft do nothings they are accused of being. Manchin won’t yet give them filibuster reform, but he may now at least have cover to give them reconciliation on a large bill that will have a measurable effect on voters lives.

If Manchin and Sinema fall in line. I will be both shocked and delighted.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:21 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Juneteenth is on its way to becoming a federal holiday. Sometimes things are good.

Now do voting day.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject:

Reconciliation my ass! I want my 🤬 40 acres and my 🤬 mule.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I don't have any land to spare, but you can take DMR.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

does it make you hallucinate?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That elicited an honest chuckle.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

New reality show: Jodeke and DMR try to farm and much hilarity ensues. Watch two cranky codgers bicker over seeds, fertilizer and life in general...
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

President Biden refers to President Putin as President Trump, then quickly corrects himself.

Freudian slip or deliberate?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3111, 3112, 3113 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3112 of 3663
Jump to: