THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP

BREAKING: US economy grew just 0.7 percent in Q1, weakest showing in 3 years

But...but...but...Donald promised a 4% growth.

'
Watch him blame it on Obama and Democrats in 3...2...1...

I chuckle at The Donald. He's blamed every thing from premature babies to swine flu on Obama.

Cheetoh has an extreme case of little (we'll just call it) feet envy when it comes to Obama.

That's sexist. I'm offended. If I were to say Hillary has small (bleep) syndrome, you'd go all Madalyn Murray O'hair on me.

It's sexist to say someone has little feet?? He has tiny hands too, with little baby fingers. But have you seen his behind, lately?? You could sit a drink on that bad boy!!! Junk in the trunk, I tell you!!

hoops, there goes my Heineken again. This time I messed up my keyboard.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Jodeke, Heineken at 2 in the afternoon??? I'm envious.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“He has done more than any president in recent history, certainly in the last half century, in the first 98 days of his presidency,” Dobbs said on Hannity’s show.

“All the accomplishments of the president, keeping his promise, checking off his list,” Hannity said. “He’s not perfect, nobody’s perfect, but he’s done a really good job.”

“Well, he’s pretty close to perfect, Sean,” Dobbs said. “I’m serious.”

“Pretty close,” Hannity said. “Everything he’s had to do on his own, he’s doing.”

“This guy, he’s worked his tail off. Still is,” Dobbs said. “Meanwhile, taking care of national defense, national security and all the challenges that aren’t on the Trump agenda. I mean, it’s truly remarkable what he is doing and the credit that he is not receiving for what he’s done.”

This is one of the reasons why the base is still with him. Their only sources of news tell them he's almost perfect.
ChefLinda

Washington Post: Trump has been in office for 99 days. As of our latest update on day 98, we’ve counted 452 false or misleading claims.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

Late lunch hoops.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

None of us are promised tomorrow. At his age, 5pm is iffy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

Well son, I kinda like ya. If life last ya and death pass ya, I hope you're fortunate enough to reach this coveted plateau. Going for the century mark, I'm more the 3/4 of the way.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

That's a late start to some of us.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

Well son, I kinda like ya. If life last ya and death pass ya, I hope you're fortunate enough to reach this coveted plateau. Going for the century mark, I'm more the 3/4 of the way.

No way!!! Really???!!! Wow...you've been there, done that, got the T-Shirt and the mug (or in this case, the brew).
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

Sad thing is, I'm old enough for you to call son...
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

My Dad is 78. But he's not all modernized on the internets like Jodeke. That's pretty cool.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

Yah, it is sad. Hope you're not offended.

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

Charlie Chaplin had a child when he was 70, so don't feel too bad...or too old.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

U.S. says "major conflict" with N.Korea possible, China warns of escalation

LINK

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said a "major, major conflict" with North Korea was possible over its nuclear and ballistic missile programmes, while China said the situation on the Korean peninsula could escalate or slip out of control.

Quote:

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said there was a danger that the situation on the Korean peninsula could escalate or slip out of control, his ministry said.

Quote:
Trump said in the interview he wants South Korea to pay the cost of the THAAD, which he estimated at $1 billion. South Korea, one of Washington's most crucial allies in the region, said the United States would have to bear the cost, pointing to possible friction ahead.

Quote:

North Korea, technically still at war with the South after their 1950-53 conflict ended in a truce, not a treaty, regularly threatens to destroy the United States and says it will pursue its nuclear and missile programmes to counter perceived U.S. aggression.

"It is just the U.S. which has pushed the situation on the peninsula to the brink of nuclear war by staging the largest-ever aggressive joint military drills against the DPRK for the past two months after bringing all sorts of nuclear strategic assets to south Korea," the North's KCNA state news agency said in a commentary.

Read the entire article. It lends to my fears of two children playing Who'll Blink First.
I never thought I'd say this, China is needed by the U.S. and the world.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:

Charlie Chaplin had a child when he was 70, so don't feel too bad...or too old.

Janet just had a child at 50. My soldier can still fight. He's gained experience and knowledge to give him an advantage.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Oh great, North Korea just test-fired another ballistic missile.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/world/north-korea-missile-launch/index.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

These times bring to mind the Cuban missile crisis. Who's gonna blink first.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

I think it was another dud, though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't blame Kim Jong-un for wanting nuclear weapons. They're more a deterrent than a threat.

Think about the countries that had to endure fighting on their soils, none were nuclear capable. Country's with nuclear weapons don't see tanks roaming their neighborhoods.

I don't like the thought of N Korea having the ability to be nuclear responsive but understand why they want the capability.

Who should the world be more nervous about, Kim Jong-un, or Donald John Trump? Who would pull the trigger first? IMO it'd be The Donald.

The problem with your type of thinking is that North Korea never stopped the hostilities toward the south. They blew up an airliner, sent in commandos to try to assassinate the South Korean president, not to mention kidnapped numerous citizens from Japan, Korea, etc. Not to mention they have been trying to acquire nuclear weapons with enough range to reach the US for the past 30+ years. Nothing will change as long as that family is in charge of that country. Unfortunately, when the Soviets installed the Kim's in charge of the country after WW2, they pretty much left a ticking time bomb for the rest of the world.

All the points you make are valid but they don't address my reasons why Kim is attempting to build a nuclear armory. He thinks that type armory will be a deterrent. My concern is, he'll actually use them.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Can the president unilaterally withdraw from NAFTA? I know Bush 2 withdrew us from the ABM, but there was a method of withdrawing in that treaty itself.

It's not clear, but there is an argument that he does indeed have this power.

More importantly, how many times is Trump going to get away with bluffing like this before other countries quit reacting? There are a lot of American interests that would be hurt by withdrawing from NAFTA. I do not believe that this was anything more than a bluff. Maybe he'll send a carrier strike force toward NAFTA next time.

Now he says that the Mexican President and Canadian PM basically begged him not to withdraw from NAFTA and instead renegotiate. He'd like us to believe that withdrawing from NAFTA wouldn't hurt us and would only hurt those two countries. I know those two leaders would never want to create a diplomatic crisis by telling us what was really said during those phone calls, but this is another instance where he lied his ass off and his supporters just won't care.

Did he actually say basically begged? It sounds like Donald. That kind of verbiage could be a deal killer.

He didn't use those words, but if you listen to his explanation, that's the impression you get.

What probably happened is that they educated him on the potential devastating consequences.

To be brief, we have a person in office that has no idea of what it takes to lead the most powerful nation in the western hemisphere. We've given a toddler a AK47.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

The Late Show - 99 days in 99 seconds:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I thought I read or heard the missile landed or exploded in or over the East Sea of Japan. If that's so it may be deemed a success in the eyes of N Korea. I believe that would assume at least a 15 minute flight.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I thought I read or heard the missile landed or exploded in or over the East Sea of Japan.

Now they are reporting it only went about 20 miles and exploded over land. So another dud. But that they went ahead and launched it is still the issue.

Too much saber rattling going on. I have a Korean friend who lives near Seoul. She has always said that S. Koreans are so used to N. Korean rhetoric they never really think about it but she is worried now.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I thought I read or heard the missile landed or exploded in or over the East Sea of Japan.

Now they are reporting it only went about 20 miles and exploded over land. So another dud. But that they went ahead and launched it is still the issue.

Too much saber rattling going on. I have a Korean friend who lives near Seoul. She has always said that S. Koreans are so used to N. Korean rhetoric they never really think about it but she is worried now.

Why now?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

So am I. I don't dismiss Kim Jong-un as readily as some do. We have two highschoolers playing pro ball.

I remember WWII. Air raid drills and food rationing. Jobs in the ship yards were a premium. There probably some in the forum who also remember. Those who don't have that experience are living in the now and forgetting maybe having no knowledge of the past.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 319 of 3673
Jump to: