THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 574, 575, 576 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Corey Booker officially backs single-payer.

Harris-Booker 2020? Booker-Harris 2020?

I would want a democrat business owner or ceo to go against trump to counter his business resume. A Warren Buffet or Mark Cuban type would be ideal but a persuasive Democrat with a really nice business background can win.

This kind of move would win the independent vote and probably the election

I'm actually hoping Cuban runs. Right now, he'd get my vote 100%.

Although I'm not sure he's a Dem. But I like that he's not a party guy.

I think Cuban leans right, but relative to Trump...

He's intelligent, thoughtful, and articulate. He already said he's working on solutions, and if he thinks they'd work, he'll run.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

Cuban would be an unfortunate continuation of the, "you need to be a rich, narcissistic celebrity with no political know how to run" syndrome. We dont need another business guy with no idea how government actually works, much less one as temperamental and unpleasant behind the scenes as Cuban is reputed to be.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

Oh goddess, no no no to another business TV celebrity. Haven't we learned enough already?

Get someone who is intelligent and has experience working for people. This fascination with outsiders is atrocious. And no to Mark Zuckerberg as well.

Government is not meant to be run like a business. This whole idea of idealizing business and, thus, business leaders, is detrimental to our well-being. The religion of capitalism, brought to you by JP Morgan and Carnegie and Rockefeller. Let us learn our lesson and move on. Please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

would be nice for a change to have an intelligent, socially aware, used to manage large organization, used to speaking to both common folks and on tv, scientist in the ticket... someone like Neil Degrasse Tyson
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I would want a democrat business owner or ceo to go against trump to counter his business resume. A Warren Buffet or Mark Cuban type would be ideal but a persuasive Democrat with a really nice business background can win.

you dont want that. we tried that with this guy. I need people to realize, business people for the most part are not made to be president. The US is not a for profit corporation. If you want to make an analogy its more of Non-Profit in how it works. You dont run a Non profit just like you run a for profit. sure there are some things that are alike but there are things that are completely opposing views.

I understand what youre saying but I want them to win and I think its the best way to take back the independent vote. I dont want to waste another election on another hilliary or john Kerry type. I don't understand how the democrats party time after time again picks the worst noms and then they expect people to vote lol.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Wilt wrote:

you dont want that. we tried that with this guy. I need people to realize, business people for the most part are not made to be president. The US is not a for profit corporation. If you want to make an analogy its more of Non-Profit in how it works. You dont run a Non profit just like you run a for profit. sure there are some things that are alike but there are things that are completely opposing views.

I understand what youre saying but I want them to win and I think its the best way to take back the independent vote. I dont want to waste another election on another hilliary or john Kerry type. I don't understand how the democrats party time after time again picks the worst nom and then they expect people to vote lol.

$
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
would be nice for a change to have an intelligent, socially aware, used to manage large organization, used to speaking to both common folks and on tv, scientist in the ticket... someone like Neil Degrasse Tyson

Tyson/Nye 2020?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I understand what youre saying but I want them to win and I think its the best way to take back the independent vote. I dont want to waste another election on another hilliary or john Kerry type. I don't understand how the democrats party time after time again picks the worst nom and then they expect people to vote lol.

$

The party pushed Sanders out of the way and tried to shove Hillary down the American people's throats. Hillary ran one of the worst campaigns I ever witnessed, she was so arrogant that she didn't stop to say hello to Michigan the whole party was way to arrogant.

Hillary was a robot during all the debates. She wouldn't even respond when Trump would try to intimidate her like Romney did to Obama but Obama countered in the next debate and went after Romney like a starving dog. Hillary just smiled and said go to her website after Trump would slam her. The party thinks a person like this will get votes but they will not.

She was such a horrible strategist that she lost a election where she got 2 million more votes against a guy who was one of the most unpopular Republican Noms.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
governator wrote:

Tyson/Nye 2020?

No question mark needed just drop the mic

As kid I always thought if Bill Nye was running things it would be a better place.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

Tony Robbins/NDT would get my vote quick

Last edited by Dladi Vidac on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Cuban would be an unfortunate continuation of the, "you need to be a rich, narcissistic celebrity with no political know how to run" syndrome. We dont need another business guy with no idea how government actually works, much less one as temperamental and unpleasant behind the scenes as Cuban is reputed to be.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

The Cubans of the world have a great shot at beating Trump. I want to win I dont want another moral victory because we stick to our principles while Trump is president for another term

I do like the Bill Nye/Degrasse idea if youre not Cuban fans. The point is there are so many good choices I hope we dont put up another dud from the congress.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

Just because this is his 10,000th lie, it doesn't make it any less egregious or scandalous.

How Donald Trump Lied to Conceal His Moscow Business Partner

Quote:
This mammoth duplicity was encompassed in a small fib. On December 2, 2015, during an interview with an Associated Press reporter, Trump was asked about his relationship with a fellow named Felix Sater. Trump, who was then the front-runner in the GOP presidential nomination contest, replied, “Felix Sater, boy, I have to even think about it. I’m not that familiar with him.” He referred questions to his Trump Organization. One of his lawyers, Alan Garten, subsequently told the AP that Sater once prospected for real estate deals for the Trump Organization and that the arrangement lasted for six months in 2010.

What neither Trump nor Garten said was that—at that very moment—Trump was in the middle of the deal to build a Trump Tower in the Russian capital and that Sater had put together the venture. As he was running for president, Trump was hiding this project from the American public, and he was insisting he barely knew the man at the center of it. This was serious deceit.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Just because this is his 10,000th lie, it doesn't make it any less egregious or scandalous.

Quote:
This mammoth duplicity was encompassed in a small fib. On December 2, 2015, during an interview with an Associated Press reporter, Trump was asked about his relationship with a fellow named Felix Sater. Trump, who was then the front-runner in the GOP presidential nomination contest, replied, “Felix Sater, boy, I have to even think about it. I’m not that familiar with him.” He referred questions to his Trump Organization. One of his lawyers, Alan Garten, subsequently told the AP that Sater once prospected for real estate deals for the Trump Organization and that the arrangement lasted for six months in 2010.

What neither Trump nor Garten said was that—at that very moment—Trump was in the middle of the deal to build a Trump Tower in the Russian capital and that Sater had put together the venture. As he was running for president, Trump was hiding this project from the American public, and he was insisting he barely knew the man at the center of it. This was serious deceit.

Mueller can use this? I mean legally?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

Vogue: No, Hillary Clinton, the First Woman to Win a Major-Party Presidential Nomination, Does Not Need to Shut Up About It

Quote:
There’s some truth to at least one facet of this new Clinton backlash: For many people, these are indeed dark times and the Democratic party does need to get its act together and focus on resisting and defeating Trump. But for the most part, the criticism of Clinton’s book is just more sexist drivel from the never-ending well of misogyny and sexism that’s been being hurled in her direction during her long career of public service. Hillary Clinton doesn’t have to go out “gently”—or be otherwise schooled on how she should or should not handle her particular, unprecedented situation. She’s the first woman to win a major party’s presidential nomination in American history; she definitely doesn’t have to shut up about it, not now, not ever.

The attempts to silence Clinton are in fact just more proof that the misogyny she writes about in What Happened was not imagined, and is still working against her. There has been an avalanche of hot takes and postmortems about the 2016 election—true story: there are still Fox News segments about Clinton’s emails, not to mention the president still tweets about “Crooked Hillary.” But the one analysis that at least some segment of the public, including members of Clinton’s own party, don’t want to hear is that of the person who could practically feel Trump’s breath on her neck on the debate stage? I know the news cycle moves pretty fast, but even 10 months later, it’s insane to suggest that Clinton’s assessment of what happened is extraneous; technically, it’s everyone else’s that is. And yet, gallingly, critics still manage to deem her somehow unqualified to share the ultimate behind-the-scenes view of how this dumpster fire went down, as if there is some better person to process it all.

Quote:
The dismissal of Clinton’s book is sadly not dissimilar from the way Senators Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris have recently been all but shushed in Congress. There’s something about a powerful woman using her voice—and in a way that is not gentle or measured but bold and pointed—that still doesn’t sit well with the general public.

Quote:
The history of sexist animosity against Clinton makes it hard to see the dismissal of her book as anything but more of the same. Though she’s a convenient and familiar scapegoat, Clinton isn’t hurting the Democratic party by sharing her account of history—it happened, after all—nor is she a roadblock to its moving forward. Must she enter the witness protection program or move to the Italian countryside and pull an Under the Tuscan Sun for Dems to be able to craft a compelling message for 2018 and 2020? (For one, they can’t blame her for that corny “Better Deal” slogan.) Instead of willing her away, her party should probably read What Happened and try to learn from her mistakes. As for the cries that Clinton is “cashing in,” please refer to the Amazon listings for books penned by Obama, McCain, Biden, Gore, and Romney. If Clinton is cashing in, she’s in good company.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Mueller can use this? I mean legally?

Unfortunately, being a lying sleazeball isn't against the law. Secondly, the deal didn't go through. I think if the deal had gone through, and it was part of a quid pro quo in the whole Russian collusion thing, then it could possibly be something Mueller could look into. But frankly, I think Mueller (and Schneiderman) already have enough avenues that will lead to impeachment and/or prosecution after he leaves office.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Daily Beast: Russia Used Facebook Events to Organize Anti-Immigrant Rallies on U.S. Soil

Quote:
Russian operatives hiding behind false identities used Facebook’s event-management tool to remotely organize and promote political protests in the U.S., including an August 2016 anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim rally in Idaho, The Daily Beast has learned.

A Facebook spokesperson confirmed to The Daily Beast that the social-media giant “shut down several promoted events as part of the takedown we described last week.” The company declined to elaborate, except to confirm that the events were promoted with paid ads. (This is the first time the social-media giant has publicly acknowledged the existence of such events.)
The Facebook events—one of which echoed Islamophobic conspiracy theories pushed by pro-Trump media outlets—are the first indication that the Kremlin’s attempts to shape America’s political discourse moved beyond fake news and led unwitting Americans into specific real-life action.

“This is the next step,” Clint Watts, a former FBI agent and expert on Russia’s influence campaign, told The Daily Beast. “The objective of influence is to create behavior change. The simplest behavior is to have someone disseminate propaganda that Russia created and seeded. The second part of behavior influence is when you can get people to physically do something.”
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Not to belabor the Bernie issue, but Bernie was never fully vetted on the national stage. Hillary held back because she didn't want to offend his voters. Trump held back because he used Bernie to cause trouble for Clinton. If Bernie had been the nominee, then the GOP and Russians would have used the same tactics on him. They would have lied, made stuff up, used his Jewish background to rile up Trump's white nationalist base, Bernie never did release taxes, Jane perhaps did some shady bank stuff, etc. People want to think Bernie would have been a slam dunk against Trump. He obviously would have been competitive, I just don't think he would have been the sure thing some people would like to believe.

And I would have voted for him without any reservation whatsoever had he been the nominee.

lets assume all of this is true. What else besides the jane stuff do we have on BERNIE? not jane. but Bernie. and i know jane is basically bernie because thats his wife. and he admitted she handles their finances. I was just asking. have you heard of anything muddy? I havent.

the only mud aside from the jane thing which sounds suspect. I dont know of anything else. All you would've heard is "he's crazee...those are not real policies...he can't deliver on that stuff."

while hillary and trump promise similar pitches to their voters.

and lets remember Hillary and Bill went all in on obama the first time around. all in. and how did that turn out for our girl Hillary?

Lets say we give him the jane situation

Hillary gets every situation since Bill was in office because thats how people see her good and bad. So any issue you could think of belonging to bill is hers and any issue she had is also hers since she was in washington the entire time just about. then anything they found shady about her philanthropy stuff. the emails, benghazi, etc

Trump = slum lord, racist, sexist, a hole.

if someone were to poll you on all of those 3 knowing all 3 of their supposed negative issues. and the poll said "Which one of these 3 candidates is the most trustworthy?"

Who do you think would win the trustworthy competition? We all know Bernie would still win. Because for 1 it doesnt seem like he's a worldclass Ahole like trump, he doesnt SEEM like a racist, nor a sexist. He could be all of those but he doesnt SEEM like one. So he's already better than trump.

Then we go to hillary with a mountain of negative stuff. bernie can't compete with all of hillary's negative stuff legit or not. its just too much for too long. so bernie would be her out too. this is exactly what happened when they polled people. know they didnt know about the jane thing. But even if they did. it would not have made hillary nor trump any more trustworthy.

Actually, there is plenty of negative stuff on Bernie. I just don't think it serves a purpose posting it all here. You can google it if you're so inclined.

Also, there's no guarantee black women (who are the most reliable majority of the Democratic base as it exists at the moment) would have voted for Bernie in the numbers they voted for Hillary.

That's all I got. Not really interested in this hypothetical beyond what's already been discussed.
blacks period will vote democrat. If the word hit the street(the media) and elsewhere that the DNC is pushing bernie or a bernie type. Blacks would get behind said candidate. Blacks quiet as kept seem to be the only true guarantee the DNC can count on.

We saw how white women did Hil. We saw some of our hispanic brothers and sisters slide right over to the trump side of the equation. We even saw some of our asians friends and family slide right over to the trump side.

So dont worry about blacks when it comes to who's going to vote for who. You push bern, blacks will vote bern. period. You push someone else, blacks will vote someone else. and if by chance a handful of sistas dont vote for a bernie type that is being pushed by the DNC. Then white women would surely pick up the slack. Truth is its about the swing states and any state you think my become a swing state(nevada).

Dems darn near need to save the frequent flyer miles, save their voice, and their cash and dont even show up to the guaranteed blue states. We have you covered in Cali. I dont need to see obama, hillary, bernie. Go to the midwest/hang out in florida and darn near live their until you turn those people.

After the primaries I shouldnt hear you even mention california or new york. dont even bring us up. We got you. talk to those who are looking at you sideways and are not sure which way they want to vote or if they want to vote at all.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Daily Beast: Russia Used Facebook Events to Organize Anti-Immigrant Rallies on U.S. Soil

Quote:
Russian operatives hiding behind false identities used Facebook’s event-management tool to remotely organize and promote political protests in the U.S., including an August 2016 anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim rally in Idaho, The Daily Beast has learned.

A Facebook spokesperson confirmed to The Daily Beast that the social-media giant “shut down several promoted events as part of the takedown we described last week.” The company declined to elaborate, except to confirm that the events were promoted with paid ads. (This is the first time the social-media giant has publicly acknowledged the existence of such events.)
The Facebook events—one of which echoed Islamophobic conspiracy theories pushed by pro-Trump media outlets—are the first indication that the Kremlin’s attempts to shape America’s political discourse moved beyond fake news and led unwitting Americans into specific real-life action.

“This is the next step,” Clint Watts, a former FBI agent and expert on Russia’s influence campaign, told The Daily Beast. “The objective of influence is to create behavior change. The simplest behavior is to have someone disseminate propaganda that Russia created and seeded. The second part of behavior influence is when you can get people to physically do something.”
if you're going to be the group that hates, thats bad enough. the least you can do is rally your own troops under your own umbrella of hatred. dont get suckered by some foreign country on your soil. wow. this is a bad nightmare I can't wake up from.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Wilt wrote:

$
exactly.

its all about the $$$.

i will say this. dems can't keep doing the same thing expecting a different result. It would be foolish if they did.

People tried to say the bernie types could never get the other politicians to champion his policies. and I'm not talking republicans. they're not championing anyone's policies. Now all of a sudden more and more dems want to come out on the record and say "maybe we should think about this universal healthcare thing. Thanks bernie . If you have paid attention to your local news as of late. You've heard of a few states promoting free college programs. Thank you bernie.

As of right now. there is no compromising with the republicans. You have to go far left(which really isnt that far in reality..but it seems that way since we've gone so darn far right in recent years). You do this and the people will follow those policies because those policies are more for middle class/lower class than any other group of people. the majority of americans of all races/groups fall into those two income groups.

The same we had to push the ACA down the republicans throats is the same way you have to push that lefty economic agenda. All of a sudden even so called republican voters are all about the ACA.."wait wait.. dont take my obamacare." you have to be honest about it. People are slow minded. It is what it is. They can't see it until its already in their face and working. They are not good visionaries. there are only a select few people who are like that. most people can't see that far. The others that could are afraid to look that far for fear of the unknown. Push the people's agendas. Things you know will help the people. Doesnt matter what they usually vote. This and only this will get the idiots on the other side out of DC. OR it will get them back to somewhat normal status where they would actually do something outside of just saying NO to anything coming from the blue side.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

The Cubans of the world have a great shot at beating Trump. I want to win I dont want another moral victory because we stick to our principles while Trump is president for another term

I do like the Bill Nye/Degrasse idea if youre not Cuban fans. The point is there are so many good choices I hope we dont put up another dud from the congress.

read that large font again

now lets say you were a trump voter. who didnt like trump but was just saying "I want to win."

never say that. there is no "I WANT TO WIN." You dont JUST want to win. You want the right person in their to Win. not just anyone that aint the other guys person. lets not be like those crazed people on the other side. yes, they are crazed to think Trump was a good idea and to even now still hold onto to that idea.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

Russian politician says on live TV that Russia stole U.S. presidency

Quote:
Russian politician Vyacheslav Nikonov, a member of the Duma, said U.S. "intelligence missed it when Russian intelligence stole the president of the United States." He made the remarks on a Russian panel show, "Sunday Evening with Vladimir Solovyov."

The episode centered on the U.S.' diminishing power on the world stage and the resulting chaos, The Hill reports. University of Virginia professor Allen Lynch told The Hill that Nikonov's statement was directed at the idea that the U.S. must be losing power if it can't uphold the integrity of its own electoral system.

And to make matters worse, the GOP hasn't done one single thing to figure out how to prevent this from happening again. They are choosing to protect their Trump puppet and Russia over the security of the United States.

Every single one of them should be voted out in 2018.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Vogue: No, Hillary Clinton, the First Woman to Win a Major-Party Presidential Nomination, Does Not Need to Shut Up About It

Quote:
There’s some truth to at least one facet of this new Clinton backlash: For many people, these are indeed dark times and the Democratic party does need to get its act together and focus on resisting and defeating Trump. But for the most part, the criticism of Clinton’s book is just more sexist drivel from the never-ending well of misogyny and sexism that’s been being hurled in her direction during her long career of public service. Hillary Clinton doesn’t have to go out “gently”—or be otherwise schooled on how she should or should not handle her particular, unprecedented situation. She’s the first woman to win a major party’s presidential nomination in American history; she definitely doesn’t have to shut up about it, not now, not ever.

The attempts to silence Clinton are in fact just more proof that the misogyny she writes about in What Happened was not imagined, and is still working against her. There has been an avalanche of hot takes and postmortems about the 2016 election—true story: there are still Fox News segments about Clinton’s emails, not to mention the president still tweets about “Crooked Hillary.” But the one analysis that at least some segment of the public, including members of Clinton’s own party, don’t want to hear is that of the person who could practically feel Trump’s breath on her neck on the debate stage? I know the news cycle moves pretty fast, but even 10 months later, it’s insane to suggest that Clinton’s assessment of what happened is extraneous; technically, it’s everyone else’s that is. And yet, gallingly, critics still manage to deem her somehow unqualified to share the ultimate behind-the-scenes view of how this dumpster fire went down, as if there is some better person to process it all.

Quote:
The dismissal of Clinton’s book is sadly not dissimilar from the way Senators Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris have recently been all but shushed in Congress. There’s something about a powerful woman using her voice—and in a way that is not gentle or measured but bold and pointed—that still doesn’t sit well with the general public.

Quote:
The history of sexist animosity against Clinton makes it hard to see the dismissal of her book as anything but more of the same. Though she’s a convenient and familiar scapegoat, Clinton isn’t hurting the Democratic party by sharing her account of history—it happened, after all—nor is she a roadblock to its moving forward. Must she enter the witness protection program or move to the Italian countryside and pull an Under the Tuscan Sun for Dems to be able to craft a compelling message for 2018 and 2020? (For one, they can’t blame her for that corny “Better Deal” slogan.) Instead of willing her away, her party should probably read What Happened and try to learn from her mistakes. As for the cries that Clinton is “cashing in,” please refer to the Amazon listings for books penned by Obama, McCain, Biden, Gore, and Romney. If Clinton is cashing in, she’s in good company.
all of this is true. but the part about that book they will keep harping on is her whining. and yes its whining. You didnt when because you played your cards wrong. yes you won the popular vote. which means you did have it in the bag. you let a sleeze ball steal your win and all we can hear from you is that it was bernie's fault, or some other person's fault. Obama even told the DNC but was speaking to her that she played it wrong. Should've been in those swing states for longer. Should've done a better job in those areas period. if you keep making excuses then I'm going to realize thats why you lost the first time to some unknown half white/half black guy.

even if you are still a hillary fan. At some point you have to realize her team has had a flawed strategy to win it all since she first ran for president vs obama. and again we know the sexism is already there and it aint going anywhere anytime soon. Just like we knew that the racism was there and it aint going anywhere yet obama was in office not once but twice. Truth is, and I made this statement in reply to something you said earlier CL. White women are the ones that hillary should've aimed after in those swing states. she should've targeted those ladies. From the sticks to the big cities and back to the sticks again. Some of those ladies actually are sexist against their own. They are so use to seeing a man run the joint. They can't see themselves pulling it off. They start to believe the nonsense that the men have been selling since the beginning of time.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

[Note: This is apparently an old story and quote may not be accurate.]

Mike Pence: “Allowing Rape Victims To Have Abortions Will Lead To Women Trying To Get Raped”

But there is definitely no misogyny or sexism in America, and we definitely shouldn't talk about it, and women in particular should shut the hell up, and especially the previously most admired woman in the world who spent a life time on helping girls and women. Nope, she should definitely keep her mouth closed too.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

I don't think she would run but Oprah Winfrey would destroy Trump. Thats a woman I could vote for

"Reports have conflicted on whether she's really interested, but for what it's worth, Oprah Winfrey has a 49/33 favorability rating nationally and would lead Donald Trump 47-40 in a hypothetical 2020 presidential contest" ppp survey
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 574, 575, 576 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 575 of 3663
Jump to: