THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 772, 773, 774 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

^^^^^I said it long ago and I'll say it again.

WE NEED MORE WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP POSITIONS

I was railed. How bout now?????

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

It's not about more women it's about more experienced people. There was a time when politics wasn't a career. It was an actual service. Women can do it just as well as men. Unfortunately things are at a point where if I wanted to even I could b.s. my way into a congressional appointment and nobody would want that..
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Duckworth giving trump both barrels and there's no way he can shoot back

This is how the dems should be.

Trump will probably say some (bleep) like ... "I like soldiers with all their limbs".
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
^^^^^I said it long ago and I'll say it again.

WE NEED MORE WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP POSITIONS

I was railed. How bout now?????

I do not remember her name .. but only ONE Government person has said something intelligent after 9/11

What did she say? Really .. nobody else has said it since

"We need to find out why these people are so angry at us"

Derp.. nobody since gives a (bleep)

Women are forced to be better communicators based on genetics imho
Mothering children is no easy task and some may be better than others but I feel their genetics lead most to be more thoughtful and considerate .. more rational..
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
It's not about more women it's about more experienced people. There was a time when politics wasn't a career. It was an actual service. Women can do it just as well as men. Unfortunately things are at a point where if I wanted to even I could b.s. my way into a congressional appointment and nobody would want that..

Church scene rings a bell here?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

IMO women are better able to communicate. I don't know if women to women would be be same as my button is bigger than your button.

IMO women are more rational.

Maybe there would be some cat fights, I don't know. I believe there would be fewer wars if there were more woman leaders.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Is it time for us to bomb Turkey

Go back in time
Kurdish army helped us attack Saddam first gulf war
Smarty Schwarzkopf left iraq and let Saddam take revenge on them with
Helicopters flying through slaughtering them

So again in Syria
We fund Kurds
Tell them we got their back etc
That scumbag NATO Member President of Turkey
Has been using Jets and bombing the Kurds for a few days now
Now he is sending in ground forces to murder women and children if they're Kurdish

Good thing we have only the bestest diplomats

Just weird to see America so disloyal to these people
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Church scene rings a bell here?

Hey it would be the best ratings in cspan history .
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Go back in time

So again in Syria
We fund Kurds
Now he is sending in ground forces to murder women and children if they're Kurdish

When it comes to war I'm very libertarian. Free trade with countires is great going to war or bombing other countries that havent attacked our homeland, ill pass. I dont think its a good idea to spend our resources to be the police of the world only to experience blowback afterwards
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

IMO women are better able to communicate. I don't know if women to women would be be same as my button is bigger than your button.

Maybe there would be some cat fights, I don't know. I believe there would be fewer wars if there were more woman leaders.

I don't know about all of that, but how about how the entire country is fed up with politics? Well, politics have been dominated by males forever. Maybe give women a chance and see what they can do? Women make up ~ 50% of the population, but 20% of Congress.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I don't know about all of that, but how about how the entire country is fed up with politics? Well, politics have been dominated by males forever. Maybe give women a chance and see what they can do? Women make up ~ 50% of the population, but 20% of Congress.

Top Female Leaders Around the World

LINK

How many of these countries are at war?

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Duckworth giving trump both barrels and there's no way he can shoot back

This is how the dems should be.

They cant because people actually have standards for democrats while repubs can basically do whatever and the public largely wont care. Also helps to have a dedicated propaganda arm in the form of Fox News and Right wing talk radio.

!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure someone knows what Trumps real tax filings are. What if they're leaked? Wouldn't Trump have to reveal them to contest?

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

Go back in time

So again in Syria
We fund Kurds

When it comes to war I'm very libertarian. Free trade with countires is great going to war or bombing other countries that havent attacked our homeland, ill pass. I dont think its a good idea to spend our resources to be the police of the world only to experience blowback afterwards

Am I the only one who hates the term "homeland"? Seems WW2 era Russian or German.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Go back in time

So again in Syria
We fund Kurds

Am I the only one who hates the term "homeland"? Seems WW2 era Russian or German.

What's your issue Comrade 24?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

To all Americans

The R on their names isn't for Republican

Racists the whole group

They didn't ask for Norwegian or Russian surnames

I don't like racists and especially any of them running my country

Quote:

President Trump’s voting commission asked every state and
the District for detailed voter registration data, [
u]but in Texas’s case [/u]it took an additional step:
It asked to see Texas records that identify all voters with Hispanic surnames,
newly released documents show.

WaPo Link
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

So funding until Feb. 8th. In other words, they get a reprieve of 2.5 weeks to focus on fixing DACA.

Let's see if Schumer caves again...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
So funding until Feb. 8th. In other words, they get a reprieve of 2.5 weeks to focus on fixing DACA.

Let's see if Schumer caves again...

the republicans forced the shutdown just because they can

If you were any citizen with an iq above 100 would you let
Trump build some disgusting landmark to himself
wasting money hand over fist like he loves to do..
A worthless wall.. just what our enemies want us to do..
waste a trillion dollars building something not done since
before their savior was alive

DACA .. if we had a human for our president..
wouldn't even be a concern..

But we have a spineless racist traitor
who flips and flops worse than anyone..
lies and is so full of himself that nobody else matters

One of the worst citizens in our population
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Poll: More voters blamed Trump and GOP for shutdown than Democrats

LINK

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

People saying the Dems lost big here, but this is the only way this could have played out. They can't continue to keep the gov shut down over DACA -- too much of the base (and the general public) sees this as prioritizing the needs of illegal aliens over the needs of Americans (and especially the US Military).

And they know damn well that they weren't going to get CHIP or DACA without a shutdown -- Repubs could have put CHIP for a vote any time in the last several months, but didn't because they wanted to use it as a political tool ("See? We gave them CHIP and they STILL want the gov'mnt shut down!"). And constitutional question notwithstanding, Trump set the deadline on needing to figure out DACA.

Dems can't let the shutdown continue for very long -- everyone will dig in and the tide will turn against them. They also couldn't sign the deal on the table which included CHIP, because DACA would be dead at that point. The only alternative was a CR that comes with a promise to work with the Dems. Do CHIP as a show of good faith and negotiate over DACA. If the deadline passes, then we have another shutdown, but we got CHIP (so the Repubs need a different carrot), and the Dems have a stronger, "Hey, we tried!" case to make.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
People saying the Dems lost big here, but this is the only way this could have played out. They can't continue to keep the gov shut down over DACA -- too much of the base (and the general public) sees this as prioritizing the needs of illegal aliens over the needs of Americans (and especially the US Military).

And they know damn well that they weren't going to get CHIP or DACA without a shutdown -- Repubs could have put CHIP for a vote any time in the last several months, but didn't because they wanted to use it as a political tool ("See? We gave them CHIP and they STILL want the gov'mnt shut down!"). And constitutional question notwithstanding, Trump set the deadline on needing to figure out DACA.

Dems can't let the shutdown continue for very long -- everyone will dig in and the tide will turn against them. They also couldn't sign the deal on the table which included CHIP, because DACA would be dead at that point. The only alternative was a CR that comes with a promise to work with the Dems. Do CHIP as a show of good faith and negotiate over DACA. If the deadline passes, then we have another shutdown, but we got CHIP (so the Repubs need a different carrot), and the Dems have a stronger, "Hey, we tried!" case to make.

To add, Dems asked for Military pay immediately following the shutdown, on the record, which was rebuked by Senate Leader Palpatine.

Now that Chip and Military pay are off the table for Repubs, they are forced into killing DACA in public. (They will pass a faux Senate Bill and even if it passes Congress our racist in Chief will veto it).
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...221003377.html

Donald Trump Called John Kelly a 'Nut Job' and Ivanka is Now Searching For His Replacement, Report Claims

President Donald Trump is at odds with his chief of staff, calling retired four-star Marine Corps general John Kelly "another nut job," and on the lookout for a replacement, according to a new report.

Citing "two prominent Republicans in frequent contact with the White House," Vanity Fair reported that the ouster doesn't look imminent, if only because of the desire for Kelly to outlast his predecessor Reince Priebus' six-month tenure and to avoid another wave of news reports about the administration's high turnover. Priebus, the former chairman of the Republican National Committee, was named as Trump's pick for chief of staff shortly after he won election in November 2016. He resigned from his post on July 27. The next day, Kelly, formally Trump's secretary of homeland security, was announced as the replacement.

Now, though, that relationship appears to have soured. "I’ve got another nut job here who thinks he’s running things,” Trump lamented to a friend, according to a Republican familiar with the conversation, Vanity Fair reported.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

To add, Dems asked for Military pay immediately following the shutdown, on the record, which was rebuked by Senate Leader Palpatine.

Now that Chip and Military pay are off the table for Repubs, they are forced into killing DACA in public. (They will pass a faux Senate Bill and even if it passes Congress our racist in Chief will veto it).

I think the promise was that the Senators will vote on a DACA plan. It will force their hand and for vulnerable Republicans, if they vote no on it, will cause them even more pain.

I didn't hear much about how CHIP played out so far in terms of the government shutdown. Were there any promises about what would happen with the program? Would a vote be promised before the next possible shutdown?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

CHIP was extended for six years
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject:

Go back in time

So again in Syria
We fund Kurds

Weird? It’s not the first time the US turned it’s back on a people about to be annihilated by Turkey
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 772, 773, 774 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 773 of 3663
Jump to: