THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Trump vows health insurance for all and to force drug companies to negotiate directly with the government on prices in Medicare and Medicaid. He has even said he wants to make it legal for us to purchase drugs across boarders.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/donald-trump-promises-health-insurance-for-everybody/?client=ms-android-sprint-us

If Trump is telling the truth that would be a good plan.

It's currently illegal for the government to negotiate with drug companies. And how exactly will Republicans, after 6 years of telling the country that the government has no business in interfering with YOUR health care, now get on board with actively trying to meddle in the market place for drugs?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Trump vows health insurance for all and to force drug companies to negotiate directly with the government on prices in Medicare and Medicaid. He has even said he wants to make it legal for us to purchase drugs across boarders.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/donald-trump-promises-health-insurance-for-everybody/?client=ms-android-sprint-us

If Trump is telling the truth that would be a good plan.

It's currently illegal for the government to negotiate with drug companies. And how exactly will Republicans, after 6 years of telling the country that the government has no business in interfering with YOUR health care, now get on board with actively trying to meddle in the market place for drugs?

Per the article:
Quote:
The president-elect says: “We’re going to have insurance for everybody. There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

Mr. Trump declined to reveal any details.
Par for the Trump course. Lip service.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, going to miss this MAN!!!!

LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK Hope you stick around in some capacity.

Now he can go back to Emanuel and the other Chicago scum. Greatest picture ever on Facebook was regarding building the wall. Only that wall circled Cook County Illinois.

Well VLF, your dislike of Obama is well documented. However 57% of America disagrees with you Take note of what the country thinks of your PEOTUS.

I doubt that many are from Southern Illinois who have had to live with the crooked politics and manipulation from the Chicago criminal politicians.

What percent of Southern Illinois of United States of America? The minority? If you really believe he was a miniplated Chicgo politician, I have a bridge between Long Beach and San Pedro, newly refurbished , for sale.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

ldkr6172 wrote:
I think too many people are jumping off the cliff too early.

Agreed, and for the wrong reasons. Having said that, I don't know that there has ever been a president who burned so many bridges before taking office. Given some of the rhetoric, I can understand the extreme reactions, even if some of them make me roll my eyes.

However, everyone -- regardless of political views -- will need to take a long, hard look at what actually happens in the next three months. What is he actually going to do?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, going to miss this MAN!!!!

LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK LINK Hope you stick around in some capacity.

Now he can go back to Emanuel and the other Chicago scum. Greatest picture ever on Facebook was regarding building the wall. Only that wall circled Cook County Illinois.

Well VLF, your dislike of Obama is well documented. However 57% of America disagrees with you Take note of what the country thinks of your PEOTUS.

I doubt that many are from Southern Illinois who have had to live with the crooked politics and manipulation from the Chicago criminal politicians.

Yeah, that's the problem in southern Illinois. Or as many of us who are from the vicinity like to call it, Northern Missouri. Has nothing to do with the fact that it is rural, white, conservative, and racist AF.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:

Agreed, and for the wrong reasons. Having said that, I don't know that there has ever been a president who burned so many bridges before taking office. Given some of the rhetoric, I can understand the extreme reactions, even if some of them make me roll my eyes.

However, everyone -- regardless of political views -- will need to take a long, hard look at what actually happens in the next three months. What is he actually going to do?

I agree. Which is why I'm in a wait and see mode, straddling the fence, leaning toward the negative. His rhetoric and love of Putin has me leaning that way.

lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:

My money is on Nuclear Winter by Summer.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

First on CNN: Trump's cabinet pick invested in company, then introduced a bill to help it

Quote:
Rep. Tom Price last year purchased shares in a medical device manufacturer days before introducing legislation that would have directly benefited the company, raising new ethics concerns for President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for Health and Human Services secretary.

Price bought between $1,001 to $15,000 worth of shares last March in Zimmer Biomet, according to House records reviewed by CNN.

Less than a week after the transaction, the Georgia Republican congressman introduced the HIP Act, legislation that would have delayed until 2018 a Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services regulation that industry analysts warned would significantly hurt Zimmer Biomet financially once fully implemented.

Quote:
After Price offered his bill to provide Zimmer Biomet and other companies relief from the CMS regulation, the company's political action committee donated to the congressman's reelection campaign, records show.

Quote:
The new revelation is the latest example of Price trading stock in a health care firm at the same time as pursuing legislation that could impact a company's share price. The issue has become a major liability for the congressman after The Wall Street Journal reported last month that he traded roughly $300,000 in shares over the past four years in health companies while pursuing legislation that could impact them.

The purchase of the Zimmer Biomet shares is the latest such example, raising new concerns among ethics experts that Price may have inappropriately used inside information while purchasing shares in a company. Concerns over insider trading on Capitol Hill -- where members of Congress allegedly traded stock based on intelligence gleaned from the legislative process -- prompted the enactment of the STOCK Act in 2012 aimed at combating the practice.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
First on CNN: Trump's cabinet pick invested in company, then introduced a bill to help it

Quote:
Rep. Tom Price last year purchased shares in a medical device manufacturer days before introducing legislation that would have directly benefited the company, raising new ethics concerns for President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for Health and Human Services secretary.

Price bought between $1,001 to $15,000 worth of shares last March in Zimmer Biomet, according to House records reviewed by CNN.

Less than a week after the transaction, the Georgia Republican congressman introduced the HIP Act, legislation that would have delayed until 2018 a Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services regulation that industry analysts warned would significantly hurt Zimmer Biomet financially once fully implemented.

Quote:
After Price offered his bill to provide Zimmer Biomet and other companies relief from the CMS regulation, the company's political action committee donated to the congressman's reelection campaign, records show.

Quote:
The new revelation is the latest example of Price trading stock in a health care firm at the same time as pursuing legislation that could impact a company's share price. The issue has become a major liability for the congressman after The Wall Street Journal reported last month that he traded roughly $300,000 in shares over the past four years in health companies while pursuing legislation that could impact them.

The purchase of the Zimmer Biomet shares is the latest such example, raising new concerns among ethics experts that Price may have inappropriately used inside information while purchasing shares in a company. Concerns over insider trading on Capitol Hill -- where members of Congress allegedly traded stock based on intelligence gleaned from the legislative process -- prompted the enactment of the STOCK Act in 2012 aimed at combating the practice.

Tip of the iceberg.

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you want things done in Georgia (puts on sun glasses), that's Price you pay.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

See, there you go with the climate change stuff.

Seriously, though, I'm not very concerned about Trump getting us into a war in the short run. I foresee a lot of bluster and posturing to draw attention from the business agenda. The last thing Trump wants is to get himself stuck in a shooting war.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Seriously, though, I'm not very concerned about Trump getting us into a war in the short run. I foresee a lot of bluster and posturing to draw attention from the business agenda. The last thing Trump wants is to get himself stuck in a shooting war.

Throw away your sunscreen you won't need it

I'm not really concerned about a shooting war off the bat. I foresee a trade war that leads to global economic collapse. In turn leading the remaining members of NATO no choice but to strike.

Ya' know, I always thought it would be Russia or China that dropped the nuke on us. Indeed now I believe it will be Britain and Canada.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

I'm not really concerned about a shooting war off the bat.I foresee a trade war that leads to global economic collapse. In turn leading the remaining members of NATO no choice but to strike.

Ya' know, I always thought it would be Russia or China that dropped the nuke on us. Indeed now I believe it will be Britain and Canada.

I don't think there will be a nuclear war. The ramifications would catastrophic world wide. LINK

I can see a economic war but I don't think it will cause global economic collapse. The world powers will battle for supremacy. Much like they are today.

I don't think Donald has the wherewithal to compete on a world wide level. This is not real estate.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

I'm not really concerned about a shooting war off the bat. I foresee a trade war that leads to global economic collapse. In turn leading the remaining members of NATO no choice but to strike.

Are you making plans to move?
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

I'm not really concerned about a shooting war off the bat.I foresee a trade war that leads to global economic collapse. In turn leading the remaining members of NATO no choice but to strike.

I don't think there will be a nuclear war. The ramifications would catastrophic world wide. LINK

I can see a economic war but I don't think it will cause global economic collapse. The world powers will battle for supremacy. Much like they are today.

I don't think Donald has the wherewithal to compete on a world wide level. This is not real estate.

It's global real estate. I take it you never played the board game risk.

I see a new axis of evil forming, a new world order, an economic "trade federation" between the US, China and Russia.

We have become the evil global empire, why not elect a Sith to complete our transformation to the dark side.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Actually yes, to OC where I'll be parking my beat up car on the street next to your house as to make your parking inconvenient...I'll probably rent it out to a homeless couple with the lease terms being they have to stay in the backseat and leave all their beer cans on the sidewalk.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

ldkr6172 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:
Is that his average approval rating? Or is this within that last couple of months? If it's the latter, I know his overall approval rating was awful.

No, it wasn't. His low point was about 43%. By contrast, Dub spent most of the last two years of his presidency under 40%. I think he bottomed out under 25%.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/obama-job-approval

Don't get me started on G Dub. I didn't like the last 2 administrations. I'm sure Obama is a cool guy, just not a good president IMO.

I'm sure you're a cool guy as well, but it's hard to take that opinion seriously. President Obama accomplished a great deal in so many areas, all while being completely obstructed by the opposition party. You don't have to like the progress Obama made (and why you wouldn't is baffling, but to each their own), but you can't deny that progress was made.

Quote:
I thought Clinton did a great job. Glad Trump has won but, the jury is still out for him. I think too many people are jumping off the cliff too early.

Why would you be glad about that? He's offered nothing positive. He's only promoted divisiveness, conflict and contempt for anything and anyone different that his ideal of a white, privileged America that paints a target on minorities, women, education and anything that threatens the status of the elite. He wants to shut down freedom of the press. He advocates for the insurance companies that want to shut out hundreds of thousands of people in dire need of health care.

As for the "jury being out on Trump", that's a laughable statement. He's been completely revealed for the ludicrous and dangerous man he is.

The only people who have jumped off the cliff are those who foolish affixed themselves to Trump and now are flinging themselves over the ledge like lemmings following a horrible and completely incompetent leader because they can't admit that he's just a despicable and inept excuse for a President.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Actually yes, to OC where I'll be parking my beat up car on the street next to your house as to make your parking inconvenient...I'll probably rent it out to a homeless couple with the lease terms being they have to stay in the backseat and leave all their beer cans on the sidewalk.

joshua for the WIN!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ldkr6172
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:
Is that his average approval rating? Or is this within that last couple of months? If it's the latter, I know his overall approval rating was awful.

No, it wasn't. His low point was about 43%. By contrast, Dub spent most of the last two years of his presidency under 40%. I think he bottomed out under 25%.

Don't get me started on G Dub. I didn't like the last 2 administrations. I'm sure Obama is a cool guy, just not a good president IMO.

I'm sure you're a cool guy as well, but it's hard to take that opinion seriously. President Obama accomplished a great deal in so many areas, all while being completely obstructed by the opposition party. You don't have to like the progress Obama made (and why you wouldn't is baffling, but to each their own), but you can't deny that progress was made.

Quote:
I thought Clinton did a great job. Glad Trump has won but, the jury is still out for him. I think too many people are jumping off the cliff too early.

Why would you be glad about that? He's offered nothing positive. He's only promoted divisiveness, conflict and contempt for anything and anyone different that his ideal of a white, privileged America that paints a target on minorities, women, education and anything that threatens the status of the elite. He wants to shut down freedom of the press. He advocates for the insurance companies that want to shut out hundreds of thousands of people in dire need of health care.

As for the "jury being out on Trump", that's a laughable statement. He's been completely revealed for the ludicrous and dangerous man he is.

The only people who have jumped off the cliff are those who foolish affixed themselves to Trump and now are flinging themselves over the ledge like lemmings following a horrible and completely incompetent leader because they can't admit that he's just a despicable and inept excuse for a President.

Youre being melodramatic. Theres no hard evidence for everything you're accusing him for (sexist, biggot, racist etc) just what the media has been spewing out.

You think hillary would have been better? Now THATS laughable.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

ldkr6172 wrote:
Youre being melodramatic. Theres no hard evidence for everything you're accusing him for (sexist, biggot, racist etc) just what the media has been spewing out.

You're going to make the embarrassing move of calling me "melodramatic" while you ignorantly and blatantly act as if Donald Trump hasn't PROVEN himself to through his own words to be all of things and worse?

Talk about "spewing".

Quote:

What's laughable is that you can't see how Hilary was infinitely more qualified, dignified, intelligent, capable and responsible. Did Hilary come with some warts? Sure. But those warts weren't the glaringly open sores whose festering puss has already infected the country via Trump, and he's not even actually in office yet.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

ldkr6172 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:

Quote:

Sure there is, his own freaking words.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:

Quote:

Sure there is, his own freaking words.

Give him the benefit of the doubt. Said "hard evidence" meaning he knows that everything that comes out of Donald's mouth is a lie, therefore what he says cannot be used as evidence against him.

Side note: I had someone tell me the other day that the "media" was doing voice over of his speeches and all that stuff was made up by the news....Just saying, lol.

I have evidence:

Last edited by lakerjoshua on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

ldkr6172 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ldkr6172 wrote:

Quote:

I can't help but be amazed how Trump has bamboozled so many. He's on tape making sexist remarks. If he actually did what he said he broke laws, sexual abuse..

He's been sued and lost in NY courts for not renting to minorities (Blacks) in the mix. That not only against the law it's racists.

What's laughable is you overlook all Trump has done, not paying and bankrupting poor contractors, sending his work overseas instead of buying American, not paying taxes and bragging about it. I could go on and on. Yet you seem to turn a blind eye to those things and condemn Hillary for some emails. SMH

Do I think she'd be a better president than Trump.....HELL TO DA YES!!!!!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject:

This is a scary attack on a entity that opposes and criticizes him. If this is allowed what's next. Freedom of speech?

Exclusive: The Trump Administration May Evict the Press from the White House

LINK

Quote:
According to three senior officials on the transition team, a plan to evict the press corps from the White House is under serious consideration by the incoming Trump Administration. If the plan goes through, one of the officials said, the media will be removed from the cozy confines of the White House press room, where it has worked for several decades. Members of the press will be relocated to the White House Conference Center—near Lafayette Square—or to a space in the Old Executive Office Building, next door to the White House.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday that repealing major provisions of the Affordable Care Act, while leaving other parts in place, would cost 18 million people their insurance in the first year and could increase the number of uninsured Americans by 32 million in 10 years, while causing insurance premiums to double over that time.

LINK
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 91 of 3672
Jump to: