THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 953, 954, 955 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
So how about this; we all disagree with what Trump is doing regarding immigration. It's despicable.

What has the left proposed we do regarding immigration? All I hear is "comprehensive immigration reform", what does that mean? Is their a problem? What does that policy look like? Seems the left doesn't have a stance on immigration reform other than Republicans are racist (which they may be, but it's not a solution).

How about the Republicans agree on something. If you haven't noticed, they can hardly agree on what time of day it is. They own the White House, the House, AND the Senate. Where's the bill?? They have nothing, they can't agree on anything (except stealing your money). They have a president they are terrified of because of his psycho Heil Hitler base. They try to do something, he sandbags them. The Democrats don't figure into this at all, despite what Crusty Cheetoh-in-Chief keeps saying.

I laugh when trump says dems are obstructionists...his own party can't get out of there own way. It's like Keystone Cops then I remember how many are drinking the Kool-Aid and I feel like crying
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject:

No matter what side of the aisle you are on

Obama is President and he is taking one year old babies away from their mothers causing the World to be pissed offffff..

SO Michelle Obama is going to visit the children separated from their parents as a sign of goodwill from the USA FLOTUS etc

She wears a coat that says she really doesn't give a (bleep) painted on it all (bleep)

Impeachment proceedings against Obama?
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject:

So after watching Bill Maher note that every Republican president modern history has had a recession on their watch I felt that might be deceptive. Maybe almost every president overall had. When I ran the numbers though it seems to back up his statement in a major way.

In the past 65 years there have been 10 recessions, and 8 of them came with a republican in the white house. The two exceptions were Lyndon Johnson and Jimmy Carter, late in their terms. That is a shocking result for what liked to tout itself as the fiscally responsible party.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
So after watching Bill Maher note that every Republican president modern history has had a recession on their watch I felt that might be deceptive. Maybe almost every president overall had. When I ran the numbers though it seems to back up his statement in a major way.

In the past 65 years there have been 10 recessions, and 8 of them came with a republican in the white house. The two exceptions were Lyndon Johnson and Jimmy Carter, late in their terms. That is a shocking result for what liked to tout itself as the fiscally responsible party.

I love when that light bulb turns on and shines light on the real world
facts...you know, what trump calls fake news
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

"when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families."

i mean it's not that hard for me to believe trump also believes. ""when you get these immigrants, you have to take out their families."

guy is sick man.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

on fox trump ex deputy campaign manager Bossie tells a grown african american man he's out of his cotton-picking mind while the conversation i believe was about dog whistles
"The topic of the segment was civility in politics, and Democrat Payne said there were “dog whistles” from the White House, to which Bossie replied to Payne, “you’re out of your cotton-picking mind.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ed-henry-apologizes-for-david-bossies-cotton-picking-fox-friends-remarks-we-dont-agree-with-that/

i dont think they're whistles more like on loud siren

just thought this was funny "we're not racists are you out of you're cotton picking mind" lol joel payne responded well
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/22/asia/us-south-korea-exercises-suspended-intl/index.html
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
So how about this; we all disagree with what Trump is doing regarding immigration. It's despicable.

What has the left proposed we do regarding immigration? All I hear is "comprehensive immigration reform", what does that mean? Is their a problem? What does that policy look like? Seems the left doesn't have a stance on immigration reform other than Republicans are racist (which they may be, but it's not a solution).

Wrong question.

The real question is how did people such as you get suckered into thinking there is anything that needs to be done?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

They thought it was okay to just be who they really are.

The sad thing is that I think not being able to get laid will have a bigger impact on the younger trumpers way of thinking than anything else. I haven't heard much or anything at al about liberal incels.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

How do you negotiate with people who deal in such bad faith and are so toxic and where policy or substance doesn't matter just me win trump uuuuge biggest ever Obama couldn't do deal Wall will solve all Nobel prize king me

The Times covers have been getting it spot on lol Jim Carey's artwork a little more in your face good too or the cartoonist who got fired in Pittsburgh. After like years of hearing how conservatives love America more, how can you like someone with such a transparent authoritarian bent other than he trolls the people and groups you don't like and says what's on your mind.

Often I've heard people describe him as a comic you know working material. And how the entertainment factor couldn't have helped Hillary in the election even perceived as bland and stoic by liberals. If you want to set the world on fire and be entertained as illegal immigrants or the small guy as KAC says, suffer and go by the wayside, that collateral damage is more than acceptable. They are entertained. some will preface or add caveats maybe they hear a tough sermon, but they still vote and approve of him and legit give him a shot at reelection.

The effects will reverberate for some time but it's not just one man that's the problem. It's the virus of a myriad of things he's unleashed like throwing decency and integrity out the window.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

Here's the Obama-era program to keep families together that I mentioned the other day:

NBC: This Obama-era pilot program kept asylum-seeking migrant families together. Trump canceled it.

Quote:
Under the program, families who passed a credible fear interview and were determined to be good candidates for a less-secure form of release — typically vulnerable populations like pregnant women, mothers who are nursing or moms with young children — were given a caseworker who helped educate them on their rights and responsibilities. The caseworker also helped families settle in, assisting with things like accessing medical care and attorneys, while also making sure their charges made it to court.

Quote:
The Family Case Management Program, launched as a pilot in early 2016, aimed to keep asylum seeking kin together, out of detention, and complying with immigration laws. It was praised by immigration advocates for both its high rate of compliance and its ability to help migrants thrive in a new country — right up until the Trump administration shuttered it almost exactly a year ago.

Quote:
ICE said the Family Case Management Program, which cost the government $36 a day, was too expensive compared to other monitoring methods.

And yet since then:

Quote:
Keeping families together can cost nearly $300 per person, per day. Detaining migrant children separately from their parents can cost as much as $775 per day in the tent cities the Trump administration has rushed to construct to handle the surge of children removed from their parents.

Quote:
According to the Inspector General report, overall compliance in the five cities where the pilot was launched was 99 percent for ICE check-ins and appointments, and 100 percent for attendance in court hearings. Just 2 percent of participants absconded during the process.

Quote:
“It was really, really cost efficient compared to family detention or family separation,” Katharina Obser, a senior policy adviser for the Women's Refugee Commission's Migrant Rights and Justice program, said.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Basically, this administration doesn't make policy decisions based on facts. They make decisions based on their own fears and prejudices, emotions, greed, and the belief that the can get away with anything and their cult base will go along.

Today Trump tweeted that we should just send anyone coming across the border right back with no legal process at all.

Quote:
Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order. Most children come without parents...

Border crossings are at a 20-year low. And while many teenagers do cross on their own, the majority came with their parents seeking asylum. He uses lies, distortions, race bating and fear tactics. Not only doesn't he know what the truth is, HE DOESN'T CARE. This is straight out of the Hitler playbook. No, he's not Hitler -- yet.

And it will keep getting worse until voters put a stop to it.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

An illegal immigrant should be allowed to stay in our country, on taxpayers dime, awaiting a court date merely because they decided to climb a border fence and enter our country illegally.

Nowhere does it state in the Constitution that an illegal immigrant has the right to due process.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

I never wish harm on anybody.
But I can't imagine myself actively saving Paul Ryan's life. I mean like if he fell off the third story of a building. And I see the whole thing happening from the ground.
I'm not diving to catch him and break his fall.
Or if he fell off a cruise boat. Sure I'd tell the staff. But I'm not running up flights of stairs to find someone. I'd wait for the elevator.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

With the base (and a lot of people who aren’t rabid supporters but aren’t complaining either), illegals are a stand in for legal immigrants, who are a stand in for all the non-white people in America, who are a stand in for the world at large. There are a ton of people who would love a homogeneous country that didn’t have to deal with others.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
With the base (and a lot of people who aren’t rabid supporters but aren’t complaining either), illegals are a stand in for legal immigrants, who are a stand in for all the non-white people in America, who are a stand in for the world at large. There are a ton of people who would love a homogeneous country that didn’t have to deal with others.

If the refugees were white, do you think the children would've been separated? Not a rhetorical question. Genuinely wondering what you think.

Last edited by kikanga on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
An illegal immigrant should be allowed to stay in our country, on taxpayers dime, awaiting a court date merely because they decided to climb a border fence and enter our country illegally.

Nowhere does it state in the Constitution that an illegal immigrant has the right to due process.

Most of these people are seeking asylum and are trying to turn themselves over legally. Google it. It's a completely different thing than illegal immigration.

Just because Trump tries to conflate the two in order to race bait, doesn't absolve you from educating yourself on what is actually happening versus his lies.

And here's what esteemed Law Professor Lawrence Tribe has to say about due process:

Quote:
Laurence Tribe Verified account @tribelaw

Claiming that those crossing the border illegally should have no due process or a judicial hearing before deportation is wrong as a matter of constitutional law. Due process applies to all persons in the US, including those here unlawfully.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:18 am; edited 3 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

This administration is revealing just how racists the country. I have questions about our representatives. Are they also racists? It's unnerving.

Listening to some Boney James.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
This administration is revealing just how racial the country. I have questions about our representatives. Are they also racists? It's unnerving.

Ever go to a dog park? Dogs of all breeds get along.

Humans have to be taught racism imho

Trump is telling them to be racists even more than they already are

Putin is winning is all I can say and I hope Trump gets the electric chair <<via ALL due legal processes
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Username wrote:

Most of these people are seeking asylum and are trying to turn themselves over legally. Google it. It's a completely different thing than illegal immigration.

Just because Trump tries to conflate the two in order to race bait, doesn't absolve you from educating yourself on what is actually happening versus his lies.

And here's what esteemed Law Professor Lawrence Tribe has to say about due process:

Quote:

Claiming that those crossing the border illegally should have no due process or a judicial hearing before deportation is wrong as a matter of constitutional law. Due process applies to all persons in the US, including those here unlawfully.

Nothing you say matters to them. Even if they believed before today that undocumented immigrants are entitled to due process, they will no longer believe it now because he said it.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
on fox trump ex deputy campaign manager Bossie tells a grown african american man he's out of his cotton-picking mind while the conversation i believe was about dog whistles
"The topic of the segment was civility in politics, and Democrat Payne said there were “dog whistles” from the White House, to which Bossie replied to Payne, “you’re out of your cotton-picking mind.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ed-henry-apologizes-for-david-bossies-cotton-picking-fox-friends-remarks-we-dont-agree-with-that/

i dont think they're whistles more like on loud siren

just thought this was funny "we're not racists are you out of you're cotton picking mind" lol joel payne responded well

Lincoln would be so proud of his party...
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/22/asia/us-south-korea-exercises-suspended-intl/index.html

a good chance to cut the military spending by 10% with the savings alone
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Username wrote:

Quote:

Nothing you say matters to them. Even if they believed before today that undocumented immigrants are entitled to due process, they will no longer believe it now because he said it.

It matters to me that I said it anyway. Because I will not be gaslighted. I will not be silent. I do not condone what is going on. That is 1000% true no matter what the cult of no-nothings thinks, says or does. It they want to be cocooned in a big hazy cloud of chaos, that's there choice. It's up to the rest of us to draw the line and state the facts whenever possible. IMO.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I agree. But we should speak not to them, but to the 70 million people that didn't vote in 2016.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:
This administration is revealing just how racial the country. I have questions about our representatives. Are they also racists? It's unnerving.

Ever go to a dog park? Dogs of all breeds get along.

Humans have to be taught racism imho

Trump is telling them to be racists even more than they already are

Putin is winning is all I can say and I hope Trump gets the electric chair <<via ALL due legal processes

Dogs in the wild don’t get along outside their tribal unit. Humans are social predators whose main sensory input is sight, and whose main method of analyzing sight is pattern recognition. In and out groups by visual characteristics is actually quite native to humans. But just like pretty much all aspects of civil society, those impulses can be tempered and shunned.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 953, 954, 955 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 954 of 3671
Jump to: