THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1031, 1032, 1033 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Fwiw, there are credible reports that the Russians hacked the rnc and gop pols too, they just didn’t dump them through Wikileaks (although if they got some good stuff, it might answer some questions about people like Orrin Hatch, Devin Nunes, and rand Paul, among others), because the goal was to help the GOP.

Fwiw, they may or may not have hacked Bernie, depending upon their facility with fax machines).
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/nyregion/nyu-free-tuition-medical-school.html

The plan, effective immediately, covers all current and future students. Annual tuition is roughly $55,000

About 62 percent of N.Y.U.’s School of Medicine graduates leave with some debt; the average debt incurred by members of the class of 2017 was $184,000.

Yay? I’m all for free tuition programs, but should we start with people who are going to be earning many multiples of the median income?

Didn't NY already implement a free tuition program throughout the SUNY system?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the youtube video of Aretha performing 'You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman' at the Kennedy Center honors in front of the Obamas (in the RIP Aretha thread). It made remember what it was like to have a President who believed in and celebrated the arts, who had a heart & soul, and experienced genuine emotions. 💔

Hopefully we get another one soon.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/nyregion/nyu-free-tuition-medical-school.html

The plan, effective immediately, covers all current and future students. Annual tuition is roughly $55,000

About 62 percent of N.Y.U.’s School of Medicine graduates leave with some debt; the average debt incurred by members of the class of 2017 was $184,000.

Yay? I’m all for free tuition programs, but should we start with people who are going to be earning many multiples of the median income?

Not aware of that. If so, nvm!
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
I hope y'all are registered to vote and do so in the upcoming mid-terms. Voting rates in this country are abysmal. Must take the back the house and senate to hold the T word somewhat accountable. Vote people vote!

It’s not the abstaining from voting, it’s the voting without proper knowledge of the issues
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Omarosa Manigault Newman, the former reality TV star who became a top White House aide to President Donald Trump, on Thursday released exclusively to MSNBC a secret tape of campaign official Lara Trump offering her a $15,000-a-month job after she was fired from the administration.

The tape — which, according to Manigault Newman was made on Dec. 16, 2017, just days after she had left the White House — appears to corroborate claims she made in her new book about receiving an offer from the president's re-election campaign. Manigault Newman wrote in her book that the job offer came with the condition of signing a nondisclosure agreement; she said she did not accept it.

On the new tape, Lara Trump says: "It sounds a little like, obviously, that there are some things you've got in the back pocket to pull out. Clearly, if you come on board the campaign, like, we can't have, we got to," she continues, before Manigault Newman interjects, "Oh, God no."

In an interview with MSNBC's Craig Melvin after the excerpts were aired, Manigault Newman said the recording was proof of "an attempt" by the Trump team "to buy my silence, to censor me, and to pay me off."

Asked if she saw it as "hush money," Manigault Newman responded, "Absolutely."

Manigault Newman shared four excerpts from the recording of the longer conversation for broadcast; NBC News has heard the full tape of the conversation and the clips are in context.

Omarosa Expertly Trolling Chump for Maximum Effect. Chump Losing His Mind Over It All

A straight up $180,000 bribe attempt caught on Tape. Trump is probably the only person Omarosa could win a credibility war against, and she smartly started collecting evidence before she got the boot from the Snow Palace.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
I hope y'all are registered to vote and do so in the upcoming mid-terms. Voting rates in this country are abysmal. Must take the back the house and senate to hold the T word somewhat accountable. Vote people vote!

It’s not the abstaining from voting, it’s the voting without proper knowledge of the issues

Incorrect. It’s a combination of both. And it’s undeniable that in this last Presidential election, non-voters, or ‘protest’ voters were a huge factor. There’s nothing to be gained by pretending otherwise.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Just watched the youtube video of Aretha performing 'You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman' at the Kennedy Center honors in front of the Obamas (in the RIP Aretha thread). It made remember what it was like to have a President who believed in and celebrated the arts, who had a heart & soul, and experienced genuine emotions. 💔

Hopefully we get another one soon.

We have one . . . Oh wait, you said “arts”, not “farts”.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Incorrect. It’s a combination of both. And it’s undeniable that in this last Presidential election, non-voters, or ‘protest’ voters were a huge factor. There’s nothing to be gained by pretending otherwise.

And the democrats have to understand that trump gaining the presidency is a symptom of a larger problem. They themselves have too look in the mirror and realize how they’ve allowed the middle class to be this unsatisfied that they would elect a candidate like trump. Yes, I’m singling out the Democrats because it’s they who are supposed to protect the rights of the middle and lower classes. And no, income inequality and a lower standard of living says they’re not doing it.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

And the democrats have to understand that trump gaining the presidency is a symptom of a larger problem. They themselves have too look in the mirror and realize how they’ve allowed the middle class to be this unsatisfied that they would elect a candidate like trump. Yes, I’m singling out the Democrats because it’s they who are supposed to protect the rights of the middle and lower classes. And no, income inequality and a lower standard of living says they’re not doing it.

Clinton won the working class vote and the vote of people earning $50,000 or less. Just not the white working class vote which went to the lying racist misogynist buffoon. Studies have shown that vote was not due to "economic insecurity" but had high correlation with both racism and sexism. White racists and sexists don't want to be lumped together politically with blacks, latinos, muslims, progressive women and LGTBQ people. We aren't winning them back nor should we chase after them. You know who is coming over to the Democratic side? College-educated white people -- that would be suburban Republicans and Independents who are smart enough to realize the current Republican party is bereft of a moral compass and any worthwhile ideas for governing other than tax cuts for the 1%.

Angry non-college educated white guys with a chip on their shoulder are all too happy to blame others for their problems. The global economy and mechinization have hurt them, especially in red states and rust belt states. They want to blame brown people and women for "taking" their jobs. Guess what? They could retrain/educate themselves for jobs in the new economy. They could move to where the jobs are. Clinton mentioned job-retraining programs for dying industries like coal and they had hissy fits that a liberal woman dared speak the truth and suggest an alternative. Trump talks about bringing back coal and they lap it up like dumb puppies -- even when he doesn't deliver. They are defensive, close-minded and grievance-based people who have been brainwashed by Fox News and right-wing propaganda. The only long-term solution I can think of is higher education and psychotherapy for all.

Obviously, not every non-college white guy falls into the above category, but a majority do (they are the majority of Trump's base). You can't chase people like that. Democrats talk about education, infrastructure jobs and health care all the time. These people only hear what they want to hear. Trump didn't delineate a single policy during the campaign. But they managed to hear every single dog-whistle and overt message of white nationalism. And that's what they responded to.

There are Republican soybean farmers in red states who are getting absolutely killed by Trump's tariffs and many will lose their businesses. You know what they say when asked? "I'm hurting right now but I still support Trump because he's a smart businessman."

How do you reason with people like that?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Similarly, Trump’s average approval rating among African American respondents in seven YouGov/Economist surveys conducted in July and August was 13 percent. His average approval rating among African Americans in four Quinnipiac University surveys conducted over the past two months was just 9 percent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/08/17/no-one-third-of-african-americans-dont-support-trump-not-even-close/
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Clinton won the working class vote and the vote of people earning $50,000 or less. Just not the white working class vote which went to the lying racist misogynist buffoon. Studies have shown that vote was not due to "economic insecurity" but had high correlation with both racism and sexism. White racists and sexists don't want to be lumped together politically with blacks, latinos, muslims, progressive women and LGTBQ people. We aren't winning them back nor should we chase after them. You know who is coming over to the Democratic side? College-educated white people -- that would be suburban Republicans and Independents who are smart enough to realize the current Republican party is bereft of a moral compass and any worthwhile ideas for governing other than tax cuts for the 1%.

Angry non-college educated white guys with a chip on their shoulder are all too happy to blame others for their problems. The global economy and mechinization have hurt them, especially in red states and rust belt states. They want to blame brown people and women for "taking" their jobs. Guess what? They could retrain/educate themselves for jobs in the new economy. They could move to where the jobs are. Clinton mentioned job-retraining programs for dying industries like coal and they had hissy fits that a liberal woman dared speak the truth and suggest an alternative. Trump talks about bringing back coal and they lap it up like dumb puppies -- even when he doesn't deliver. They are defensive, close-minded and grievance-based people who have been brainwashed by Fox News and right-wing propaganda. The only long-term solution I can think of is higher education and psychotherapy for all.

Obviously, not every non-college white guy falls into the above category, but a majority do (they are the majority of Trump's base). You can't chase people like that. Democrats talk about education, infrastructure jobs and health care all the time. These people only hear what they want to hear. Trump didn't delineate a single policy during the campaign. But they managed to hear every single dog-whistle and overt message of white nationalism. And that's what they responded to.

There are Republican soybean farmers in red states who are getting absolutely killed by Trump's tariffs and many will lose their businesses. You know what they say when asked? "I'm hurting right now but I still support Trump because he's a smart businessman."

A lot of people voted for trump. Enough to get him elected. Many of those are people whose parents were blue collar working class people who worked in the old factories or assembly lines, they were painters, plumbers, masons, some were teachers. Many of them are victims of globalism and ‘free’ trade. They are the traditional base of the Democrats. To ignore their and they’re children’s plight, and lump them up as racist, is short sighted and totally wrong. We have to pay attention to their problems, otherwise people like trump will get their attention.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

at blaming Dems for income inequality.

Dems couldn't even get their supreme court pick confirmed due to obstructionism. How the hell were they gonna pass meaningful financial policy?
Heck take a look at what the GOP did to the Medicare for all negotiation (before ACA) and what they did to Dodd-Frank (the legislation made to prevent too-big-to-fail).

Does anybody else remember Obama's stimulus package? You know, the one where the GOP demanded 1/3 of the bill had to be tax cuts (mainly for the rich).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

The main reason I'm a advocate for vote by mail. I sit and read the proposals, ask knowledgeable friends about the issues. When I cast my ballot I've put in the work. If there are issues I'm unsure of I don't vote on it. I'm not a guess voter.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

you are correct. Non voters and protest voters have always been a factor.

Truth is, I wish every person that could vote, voted. and I wish our country made it illegal to not show up to the polls but also make it illegal to not vote. while also making voter days a national holiday for ALL. Everyone gets the day off and has to go vote. but here's the thing, if you dont like the choices that are on the ballot, you either have to write in someone or you have to check the box that says "I dont like any of these options." A no vote is still a vote. I refuse to force people to pick "the lesser of two evils" if thats how they fell about it. However, I do think it would be a better scenario for all of us if everyone were made to get involved and we had a voting culture in our society. With all that said, I also need every voting age person to have recently taking an hour long political science course, and another hour to brush up on whatever is on the ballot. This means your voting population will no longer Just be voting for the sake of saying i voted. thats a huge problem as well. How many people actually vote who know what the heck they are voting for or who they are voting for? I dont just want everyone to vote just cause. Vote when you have a decent idea of what and who you are voting for.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

The main reason I'm a advocate for vote by mail. I sit and read the proposals, ask knowledgeable friends about the issues. When I cast my ballot I've put in the work. If there are issues I'm unsure of I don't vote on it. I'm not a guess voter.
I havent voted by mail yet. but this is what i started doing as I got older. especially on the issues/judges i just dont know about. I do not guess vote. But thats my bad for not reading up on every one on the ballot. I need to do a better job of getting that info earlier. so i can make an informed decision.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

A lot of people voted for trump. Enough to get him elected. Many of those are people whose parents were blue collar working class people who worked in the old factories or assembly lines, they were painters, plumbers, masons, some were teachers. Many of them are victims of globalism and ‘free’ trade. They are the traditional base of the Democrats. To ignore their and they’re children’s plight, and lump them up as racist, is short sighted and totally wrong. We have to pay attention to their problems, otherwise people like trump will get their attention.

You mean like the re-education programs in dying coal towns that were started under Obama and that Hilary wanted to ramp up even further and have since been cancelled under Twitler?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

So you're saying that these people were strategically voting for trump because he would bring them jobs? Fine. lets play along.

What would a rational person that actually goes and doe a little research about trumps businesses would make one of the above type of people believe he would even know what to do in order to bring them those type of jobs? What part of trumps portfolio looks like he's about creating good to great jobs for those people you mentioned above?

^^because if the reason you suggested is why they voted for him. Then these are the questions they should have been asking and should have had answered. Now I will tell you what i know for a fact some of them said as an answer to those questions. "Well he's rich, and he has businesses, therefore he could do a better job of running the country like a business then what other politicians could or would."

We've gone over this in this thread. how many big business people have you ever seen run the state, city, or country in a direction that helps out the group you speak of when these types are in charge? I have almost if never seen it happen that way. So again, what the hell were they thinking about? There was no proof that he has done what they wanted him to do as the president. there was proof that he and his daughter were ok with dodging taxes (which help out the common man in their country, states, cities) as well as him and his family businesses also getting supplies and things from overseas on the cheap rather than go with an "AMERICA FIRST" approach. and I'm not even knocking him or his family for that. its a choice you make when you're in business. are you willing to have a higher quality of goods, but have it cost you more to create and/or have to sell your items for a higher price point due to it being made in the US of A? Thats your choice. But trump wasnt making those kind of decisions where all of his stuff was here even though he could've gone outside. nope not all.

These type of voters you speak of are the exact same people trump cheated at trump university. we had this information before he was elected. Which one of those type of voters you speak of knew he was cheating people just like them with his fake university? They all knew. So why did they vote for him again?

okay you let that slide. what about him and his family shady tactics on buildings they own and how they have treated their tennants? how about all the city issues he has run into when it comes to his businesses? what about all the bankruptcies? outside of him being born a rich kid with connections and his entertainment value on TV. what the hell has trump done that would make the people you stated above believe he would do them any favors? NOT A D... THING.

So only a logical person can come to a logical conclusion. They voted for him for another reason and everyday that goes back, every tweet, every bad pick he comes up with for a position in his office lets you know they were not thinking about their own well being. they were thinking about making america white again. The problem with that logic is that, the reason they dont have jobs or are losing them or dont have good paying jobs is not because latins or blacks or others that are browner than them are taking all those jobs. Its due to globalization, it's due to technology an automation.

So these voters are so stuck on the color of people's skin that they forgot to vote for their own best interest. but guess what. this isnt new. This has been done before. history always repeats itself. These same type of white people were broke and in the fields with african slaves. Both sides use to fight together for their rights and freedom. But something changed, some of the well to do whites came up with this grand idea that says make the lowlevel whites feel special at the bottom by being a little bit better than those other people that are of darker skin. This will give us elites a buffer zone.

Do i think trump is a racist?of course. do i think all of his racist tweets and what not are really how he feels? It doesnt matter. I think he only does that to get his racist base going. because he knows they are so simple minded all he has to do is tweet get dem browns outta here and arrest those blacks... and his base will love it. even though their pockets are getting smaller and smaller. He does it for the same reason i just mentioned above. to create a buffer zone. while he keeps the racist base going. Him and his cabinet picks and dismantle regulation and run rough shot of all sorts of policies in order to make a lot more money for themselves. Not for those who voted for him.

And notice not once did I say they should've voted for hillary or some other dem, independent, or other republican. but what I do know is they have no Logical reason to have voted for trump outside of racism. thats it.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:

Not aware of that. If so, nvm!

The SUNY free tuition program is tax payer funded
The NYU medical school free tuition program is thru their own private endowment
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

I agree that both sides have problems with uneducated voters. I think that the problem is larger with republicans though, since most uneducated voters tend to vote Republican.

I think one of the largest problems this country faces, other than racism, is education, and I wonder if those two are linked.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

I agree that both sides have problems with uneducated voters. I think that the problem is larger with republicans though, since most uneducated voters tend to vote Republican.

I think one of the largest problems this country faces, other than racism, is education, and I wonder if those two are linked.

Information and education can open your mind. People who are not well educated lack information to make their own judgement. If they are hooked on Fox or other right wing propaganda that has no basis in reality, they will believe it. Trump/Fox has develop their own quasi-totalitarian government.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

rump’s margin among whites without a college degree is the largest among any candidate in exit polls since 1980. Two-thirds (67%) of non-college whites backed Trump, compared with just 28% who supported Clinton, resulting in a 39-point advantage for Trump among this group.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

On my way home from work I stopped for lunch at a restaurant near my house. Sitting at the bar a few chairs away were two well dressed men in their 50’s. At first they were chatting about stocks, retirement, work, the usual. Then the conversation turns to Trump and it become one of the strangest conversations I’ve ever been forced to listen to. The guy says he’s read all of Trumps books and thinks he’s a financial genius. Other guy asks about the Teriff’s, other guy says, I dunno, he knows what he’s doing, he’s a great businessman. I just about threw up. These were obviously educated men- how in the hell does he think Trump is a good businessman?

My point is 1) I almost threw up a $13 burger and 2) I don’t think it’s a lack of education nor lack of voter turnout- it’s brainwashing. These people have been brain washed, it’s like as soon as you say Trump their eyes gloss over and they act like mindless zombies, nonsense starts dribbling out where just minutes before there was a smart, articulate human.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Turns out that exacting retribution on much-admired former public servant out of pure spite might have unintended consequences -- like triggering more public criticism, not less.

Washington Post: Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President

Quote:
William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Quote:
Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.

I was surprised to hear McRaven come out against him. Unfortunately, a lot of former SEALs and people associated with them are Trumpers. Ryan Zinke and Scott Taylor, who was on CNN early this AM, are both standard (R) Reps who make excuses for him. Sad to know that people like that (Zinke a former Team 6 member) are aligned with someone like Trump, and not just because he was a draft dodger. They talk a good game about their honor and service to their country and then give it all away for political purposes just like any other House Rep(tilian).
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
What's troubling to me, Trump's every day personal problems leaves little time for him to run the country, or so it seems. He's passing back room legislation with little resistance. People are so focused on him they're not paying much attention to what he's doing. It would not surprise me if he contested the 22nd amendment.

run the country ? He doesn't really have a difficult job

A few tweets in the morning ..... a few more hours of watching Fox and Friends warning him about communist Japan while he's going through an egg mcmuffin,, and a few executive order signings here and there is not that difficult. Throw in a few rounds of golf in Mar-a-lago and the week is complete.

He's just a distraction and THAT job, he's doing very well.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
Information and education can open your mind. People who are not well educated lack information to make their own judgement. If they are hooked on Fox or other right wing propaganda that has no basis in reality, they will believe it. Trump/Fox has develop their own quasi-totalitarian government.

David Dunning, namesake of the Dunning-Kruger effect, put it best: "An ignorant mind is precisely not a spotless, empty vessel, but one that’s filled with the clutter of irrelevant or misleading life experiences, theories, facts, intuitions, strategies, algorithms, heuristics, metaphors, and hunches that regrettably have the look and feel of useful and accurate knowledge."

He also said: "What’s curious is that, in many cases, incompetence does not leave people disoriented, perplexed, or cautious. Instead, the incompetent are often blessed with an inappropriate confidence, buoyed by something that feels to them like knowledge."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1031, 1032, 1033 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1032 of 3663
Jump to: