THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1549, 1550, 1551 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
It's a shame that the republicans think they only legislate for medical providers not patients

Voila
The Corporate party with the lowest educated and most
Rabid voters

It is SO easy to grow hatred when researching Republicans
Real true hatred
NO HUMAN deserves to be lied to by their government
And for Republicans
It is their highest trait
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

trump wants the investigations over and that should be the best reason why impeachment is timed to coincide with the upcoming election

He can't get his wall, can't start a war, needs a big win before the election ...time to stall, frustrate and infuriate
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Rolling Stone: Sanders, de Blasio, Gabbard Top Democrats’ Most-Disliked List. New poll reveals which candidates Democratic voters are ruling out

A new poll finds that a trio of 2020 presidential candidates stand out — and not in a good way.

The survey, conducted by Data for Progress, offers a glimpse at the Democrats who are truly polarizing the party, by measuring which candidates voters are “Not Considering.”

Rolling Stone had gone so far downhill as to be a waste of effort. Not one of these candidates do I dislike, though if I lived in NY, maybe deBlassio could make that list, yet nearly all I am not considering. But then again, every one would receive my vote if they became the nominee.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
You can only deny the obvious for so long. I support Pelosi. I understand her strategy. The ball is rolling down hill and gaining speed. You can't deny gravity no matter what your strategy is.

She knows that once the process starts, it cannot be stopped. So if there's an impeachment inquiry, there will be an impeachment. She probably has seen from internal polling that support for impeachment is slowly rising. And if the Democrats do a good job making the case, there's a good chance that enough people will be convinced. All the Democrats need is for the majority of the public to support impeachment at the end of the process. And when the Senate votes to keep him in office, they'd be going against the will of the majority of the public, and "acquittal" in the Senate could be seen as a more partisan move than the impeachment in the House.

What people often forget is that a formal impeachment proceeding will make it easier to get some of the documents the Democrats have been trying to obtain, and even grand jury secrecy rules get relaxed. So they might have to do it just for the sake of making the process quicker.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Rolling Stone: Sanders, de Blasio, Gabbard Top Democrats’ Most-Disliked List. New poll reveals which candidates Democratic voters are ruling out

A new poll finds that a trio of 2020 presidential candidates stand out — and not in a good way.

The survey, conducted by Data for Progress, offers a glimpse at the Democrats who are truly polarizing the party, by measuring which candidates voters are “Not Considering.”

Rolling Stone had gone so far downhill as to be a waste of effort. Not one of these candidates do I dislike, though if I lived in NY, maybe deBlassio could make that list, yet nearly all I am not considering. But then again, every one would receive my vote if they became the nominee.

I think people should ignore the headlines and assess the data for what it is (they didn't conduct the survey). Or ignore it. Or take it with a grain of salt. But the data is the data.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Wed May 22, 2019 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

Trump just accidentally confessed to knowing about the Trump Tower meeting ahead of time:

Quote:

@AhmedBaba__Ahmed Baba

Sure sounds like it.

Quote:
Aaron Rupar Verified account @atrupar

"[Don Jr] had a meeting and he called me and then he had the meeting after" -- did Trump just admit that @DonaldJTrumpJr called him *before* the Trump Tower meeting?

Link to clips of Trump Rose Garden press event

Quote:
I'm the most transparent president in the history of the country.

I don't do cover-ups.

My son, Don, is a good young man who's gone through hell. (he's 41 yrs old)
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Nancy Pelosi Verified account @SpeakerPelosi

Democrats went to the White House with a clear goal: making progress on an infrastructure deal #ForThePeople. It would appear that @realDonaldTrump, on the other hand, was aiming to hold this widely-supported bipartisan effort hostage in an effort to double-down on his cover-up.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
You can only deny the obvious for so long. I support Pelosi. I understand her strategy. The ball is rolling down hill and gaining speed. You can't deny gravity no matter what your strategy is.

She knows that once the process starts, it cannot be stopped. So if there's an impeachment inquiry, there will be an impeachment. She probably has seen from internal polling that support for impeachment is slowly rising. And if the Democrats do a good job making the case, there's a good chance that enough people will be convinced. All the Democrats need is for the majority of the public to support impeachment at the end of the process. And when the Senate votes to keep him in office, they'd be going against the will of the majority of the public, and "acquittal" in the Senate could be seen as a more partisan move than the impeachment in the House.

What people often forget is that a formal impeachment proceeding will make it easier to get some of the documents the Democrats have been trying to obtain, and even grand jury secrecy rules get relaxed. So they might have to do it just for the sake of making the process quicker.

Timing is of the essence.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I think the word dislike is misleading, as this is just people's response to which candidates they are considering vs not considering for their primary vote. Whether they actually like or don't like the person or whether they would or wouldn't vote for them if they were the nominee was not asked.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Federal judge has just rejected Trump's attempt to block Deutsche Bank subpoena.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I think the word dislike is misleading, as this is just people's response to which candidates they are considering vs not considering for their primary vote. Whether they actually like or don't like the person or whether they would or wouldn't vote for them if they were the nominee was not asked.

Yes, the title is very clickbaity.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Federal judge has just rejected Trump's attempt to block Deutsche Bank subpoena.

Washington Post: Judge rejects Trump’s request to halt congressional subpoenas for his banking records

Quote:
A federal judge on Wednesday rejected a request by President Trump to block congressional subpoenas for his banking records, according to the Associated Press, dealing the latest blow to the president in his bid to battle Democratic investigations into his personal finances.

The decision in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York could clear the way for Deutsche Bank and Capital One to hand over the president’s financial records to Democrats in the House. Trump’s attorneys could appeal the decision.

Attorneys for Trump, his family and the Trump Organization filed for a preliminary injunction earlier this month as part of a lawsuit seeking to block the two institutions from handing over documents to the House Financial Services and Intelligence committees.

“There will be no way to unring the bell once the Banks give Congress the requested information,” William S. Consovoy, Patrick Strawbridge and Marc Mukasey wrote. “The Committees will have reviewed confidential documents that this Court may later determine were illegally subpoenaed.”

But U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos said Wednesday that Trump’s lawsuit was unlikely to succeed, according to the AP.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Washington Post: Judge rejects Trump’s request to halt congressional subpoenas for his banking records

Quote:
A federal judge on Wednesday rejected a request by President Trump to block congressional subpoenas for his banking records, according to the Associated Press, dealing the latest blow to the president in his bid to battle Democratic investigations into his personal finances.

The decision in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York could clear the way for Deutsche Bank and Capital One to hand over the president’s financial records to Democrats in the House. Trump’s attorneys could appeal the decision.

Attorneys for Trump, his family and the Trump Organization filed for a preliminary injunction earlier this month as part of a lawsuit seeking to block the two institutions from handing over documents to the House Financial Services and Intelligence committees.

“There will be no way to unring the bell once the Banks give Congress the requested information,” William S. Consovoy, Patrick Strawbridge and Marc Mukasey wrote. “The Committees will have reviewed confidential documents that this Court may later determine were illegally subpoenaed.”

But U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos said Wednesday that Trump’s lawsuit was unlikely to succeed, according to the AP.

Quote:
Early life and education
Born in Ponce, Puerto Rico, Ramos earned a Bachelors of Arts in 1982 from Yale University and a Juris Doctor in 1987 from Harvard Law School.[1][2]

like an irony logjam
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
a little good news for today...

Nevada lawmakers close to repealing tough abortion rules
by Ryan Tarinelli, Associated Press, Updated: May 21, 2019- 8:15 PM

Quote:
Nevada lawmakers are bucking a national trend of restrictive abortion laws by voting to repeal requirements that physicians document a pregnant woman’s marital status and tell her about the “emotional implications” of an abortion.

Democrats in the Assembly passed the bill in largely party-line vote on Tuesday, the same day protesters across the country decried actions in other statehouses that toughen abortion laws. Nevada has the first overall female-majority Legislature in the country.

"When the rest of the country may feel hopeless, may feel bleak, they should look to Nevada as the shining beacon that we are for women's rights," Democratic Sen. Yvanna Cancela told dozens of bill supporters who rallied outside the Nevada Legislature before the vote. Some supporters at the rally held pink signs that said "protect safe, legal abortion."

The legislation also removes a criminal penalty for anyone who supplies a woman with medication to induce an abortion without the advice of a physician. That criminal statute also extends to anyone who uses an "instrument" to terminate a pregnancy without the advice of a physician.

let me take another lap here

Megan Messerly

@meganmesserly

Separately, in a brief phone interview with me today, @CoryBooker called the Trust Nevada Women Act passed by the Assembly yesterday "incredible" and said the state is "making a massive step forward." He said what's happening in Nevada is an example of why elections matter.

1:09 PM - 22 May 2019
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I dislike Bernie at this point.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I dislike Bernie at this point.

Has he done something recently that you don't agree with?

There's a reason Russians targeted Bernie supporters.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Harriet Tubman $20 Bill Is Delayed Until Trump Leaves Office, Mnuchin Says

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/us/harriet-tubman-bill.html

Trump's base must be loving this.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

to me it seems like they are holding back the dam...they might fill one crack but progress is many cracks and this would be one of the smallest cracks....deep down they are saying the victioties are small but enjoy them while we can....the dam is about to blow
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

They won't be happy until Robert E. Lee is face of every bill.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

This is a day of celebration for his base.. someone needs to do a Woke commercial for Equality!

Can we just send his base to Georgia and Alabama and build the wall around them?

Quote:
Clotilda, the last American slave ship, found in Alabama, historical commission says
Updated May 22, 8:31 PM; Posted May 22, 4:29 PM

https://www.al.com/news/2019/05/clotilda-the-last-american-slave-ship-has-been-found-alabama-historical-commission-announces.html
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

$1 bill: Ronald Reagan
$5 bill: General Lee
$10 bill: Sean Hannity
$20 bill: Vladimir Putin
$50 bill: Ivanka Trump
$100 bill: Donald Trump
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:36 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1131537528736100352

LMAO
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

removing more republican warts from our laws....while the rest of the world moves back to the twentieth century Nevada finally moves into the twenty first century

Bills adding Nevada to national popular vote compact, banning private prisons pass ahead of deadline

Quote:
Bills decriminalizing abortion, banning private prisons by 2024 and pledging Nevada’s six electoral votes to the winner of the national presidential popular vote all cleared their final legislative hurdles on Tuesday as lawmakers creep closer to Friday’s floor passage deadline.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject:

Trump’s golf costs: $102 million and counting, with taxpayers picking up the tab

Quote:
U.S. taxpayers have spent $81 million for the president’s two dozen trips to Florida, according to a HuffPost analysis. They spent $17 million for his 15 trips to New Jersey, another $1 million so he could visit his resort in Los Angeles and at least $3 million for his two days in Scotland last summer ― $1.3 million of which went just for rental cars for the massive entourage that accompanies a president abroad.

While Republicans and Trump himself frequently criticized former President Barack Obama for his golf outings, Trump has spent more than twice as many days on the links, to date, as Obama did at the same point in his first term. And because Trump has insisted on dozens of trips to New Jersey and Florida to play at his resorts there, taxpayers are spending more than three times as much as they did for golf by the same point in Obama’s term.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
removing more republican warts from our laws....while the rest of the world moves back to the twentieth century Nevada finally moves into the twenty first century

Bills adding Nevada to national popular vote compact, banning private prisons pass ahead of deadline

Quote:
Bills decriminalizing abortion, banning private prisons by 2024 and pledging Nevada’s six electoral votes to the winner of the national presidential popular vote all cleared their final legislative hurdles on Tuesday as lawmakers creep closer to Friday’s floor passage deadline.

more good work coming from Nevada Democrats...

Automatic voting rights restoration, payday lending database bills pass legislative hurdles

Quote:
Bills automatically restoring voting rights for anyone released from prison, allowing noncitizens to apply for occupational licenses and creating a statewide payday loan database all passed out of the Legislature on Wednesday, with only days left until the next legislative deadline.

Legislators in total approved nearly 40 bills, including measures to extend the length of temporary protective orders, asthma drug pricing transparency and two measures aimed at addressing the state’s lack of affordable housing.

Democrats doing the work of the people not corporations (not against all corps but it's time for them to pass the gravy)
...next time you hear or want to say that the two parties are all the same...STUFF IT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1549, 1550, 1551 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1550 of 3663
Jump to: