THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1664, 1665, 1666 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Prince Andrew at Epstein's mansion

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

I think I'm passionately against the depiction of Warren blowing up the budget because she spends just as much time explaining how she'll pay for her policies as she does explaining what her policies are.

I'm not sure even the most avid Bernie supporter would say the same about him. Bernie was first. I get that he proclaimed the economic disparity problems our country suffers from before Warren did. But he hasn't spent nearly as much time on the nuts and bolts and the how when it comes to addressing it.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

https://www.silive.com/news/2019/08/report-nypd-judge-in-garner-case-says-pantaleo-was-untruthful.html

IS this really how hard Police Unions have made it to fire an officer?

Interesting to skim through it.. It is about the cop that killed Eric Garner

Judges words .. after Trump I don't even know how to react

She is so kind when saying the man who murdered Eric Garner was untruthful instead of locking him up for perjury... and his buddies all bumbling liars she called them unreliable..

SIGH!
https://www.silive.com/news/2019/08/report-nypd-judge-in-garner-case-says-pantaleo-was-untruthful.html
Quote:
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The NYPD judge responsible for a departmental trial that ended in June about the case of Eric Garner says Police Officer Daniel Pantaleo was “untruthful” in an interview questioning his use of a chokehold in the incident, according to a report by the New York Times.

NYPD Judge Rosemarie Maldonado, who previously recommended Pantaleo be fired, said that the officer’s denial of his use of a chokehold on Garner was “implausible and self-serving" in a 46-page opinion obtained by the Times.

Quote:
Maldonado also said the officers who testified in Pantaleo’s defense were “unhelpful or unreliable," according to the report.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

This is why it's a mistake to chase non-college white males. Most do not want what Democrats are offering since it necessitates being a part of a multicultural coalition.

Also of note: The Democrats haven't won the majority of white females in decades. So we have now crossed that threshold at least with regard to Trump. (Dems haven't won the majority of the white vote in decades either, but white females are trending toward the Democrats, and white males are trending away from the Democrats.

(Note: I have nothing against non-college white males. I didn't make up the basis for this poll. Demographics are real and if you're offended that most "non-college white males" can be categorized in a particular way, be offended at them and not the messenger.)

Quote:
UnitedDemocrats @DemocraticSurge

In the NBC/WSJ poll, 40% will definitely/probably vote for Trump and 52% definitely/probably for a Dem. Among whites:

White women/college+
Trump 30%
Dem 63%

White women/non-college
Trump 43%
Dem 49%

White men/ college+
Trump 44%
Dem 49%

White men/non-college
Trump 67%
Dem 22%
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
This is why it's a mistake to chase non-college white males. Most do not want what Democrats are offering since it necessitates being a part of a multicultural coalition.

Also of note: The Democrats haven't won the majority of white females in decades. So we have now crossed that threshold at least with regard to Trump. (Dems haven't won the majority of the white vote in decades either, but white females are trending toward the Democrats, and white males are trending away from the Democrats.

(Note: I have nothing against non-college white males. I didn't make up the basis for this poll. Demographics are real and if you're offended that most "non-college white males" can be categorized in a particular way, be offended at them and not the messenger.)

Quote:

In the NBC/WSJ poll, 40% will definitely/probably vote for Trump and 52% definitely/probably for a Dem. Among whites:

White women/college+
Trump 30%
Dem 63%

White women/non-college
Trump 43%
Dem 49%

White men/ college+
Trump 44%
Dem 49%

White men/non-college
Trump 67%
Dem 22%

Hardly a shock if you have ever seen any video of any of his rallies.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

It's better than nothing, but at least the NYPD just fired Daniel Pantaleo, the cop who killed Eric Garner.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

^^^^ Just read that. More gratifying, he'll also lose his pension.

Not nearly enough to compensate the loss of life. The family will be paid far to little 5.9 million.

EDIT: It grieves me to think the money will be gone in short measure. I hope whoever is charged with the money will hire a reputable financial adviser.

There's a old saying "Take all the money from the rich and give it to the poor, in 4 years or less the rich will have it back." You can take their money but you can't take their expertise.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
It's better than nothing, but at least the NYPD just fired Daniel Pantaleo, the cop who killed Eric Garner.

As someone on Twitter asked, how long before the Trump administration appoints him to some position like new head of prisons. I wish that was satire.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

Hillary's response to Trump tweeting out crazy debunked right-wing conspiracy lies:

Quote:
Hillary Clinton @HillaryClinton

The debunked study you’re referring to was based on 21 undecided voters. For context that’s about half the number of people associated with your campaign who have been indicted.

Quote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Wow, Report Just Out! Google manipulated from 2.6 million to 16 million votes for Hillary Clinton in 2016 Election! This was put out by a Clinton supporter, not a Trump Supporter! Google should be sued. My victory was even bigger than thought! @JudicialWatch

(Judicial Watch is a right wing propaganda organization that has been obsessed with the Clintons since the 80's.)
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

White women/college+
Trump 30%
Dem 63%

White women/non-college
Trump 43%
Dem 49%

White men/ college+
Trump 44%
Dem 49%

White men/non-college
Trump 67%
Dem 22%

What an incredibly ignorant assertion to make. Make of the numbers what you will, but don't place bold, broad-sweeping assumptions on a group of people. Isn't that exactly what Democrats hate so much?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

White women/college+
Trump 30%
Dem 63%

White women/non-college
Trump 43%
Dem 49%

White men/ college+
Trump 44%
Dem 49%

White men/non-college
Trump 67%

Dem 22%

What an incredibly ignorant assertion to make. Make of the numbers what you will, but don't place bold, broad-sweeping assumptions on a group of people. Isn't that exactly what Democrats hate so much?

Trump is a racist, a misogynist and a bigot. That means he dislikes black people, latinos, Muslims, women, especially women of color and his administration has tried to unwind gay rights. Apparently 67% of non-college white men support Trump because they are right there with him. Only someone with extreme blinders on could fail to see what's happening here. So I think the "ignorant" label is the side that refuses to see what's perfectly obvious to the majority of Americans.

RESEARCH FINDS THAT RACISM, SEXISM, AND STATUS FEARS DROVE TRUMP VOTERS

A NEW STUDY CONFIRMS (AGAIN) THAT RACE, NOT ECONOMICS, DROVE FORMER DEMOCRATS TO TRUMP]
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

White women/college+
Trump 30%
Dem 63%

White women/non-college
Trump 43%
Dem 49%

White men/ college+
Trump 44%
Dem 49%

White men/non-college
Trump 67%

Dem 22%

Trump is a racist, a misogynist and a bigot. That means he dislikes black people, latinos, Muslims, women, especially women of color and his administration has tried to unwind gay rights. Apparently 67% of non-college white men support Trump because they are right there with him. Only someone with extreme blinders on could fail to see what's happening here. So I think the "ignorant" label is the side that refuses to see what's perfectly obvious to the majority of Americans.

A NEW STUDY CONFIRMS (AGAIN) THAT RACE, NOT ECONOMICS, DROVE FORMER DEMOCRATS TO TRUMP]

Your argument is a fallacy in and of itself. To broadly assume that 67% of a voting demographic "must be ______" because they support a candidate is a pure failure of logic. In fact, look up the definition of a sweeping generalization because you just pulled a textbook example of it.

Also, since "racist" is thrown around so much anymore, care to provide a solid example of him hating those groups?

To utilize a source that is obviously extremely left-slanted as Pacific Standard doesn't prove anything. If I was an author for an online "journalistic" site, I would cherry pick studies that fit my narrative too.

at the majority of Americans part. You DO realize that a large portion of America views Democrats as having fallen off of the rocker, right? The obsession with Mueller, impeachment obsession, and far-left rhetoric is a bad road to tread for the Democrats, but hey, what do I know?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:

Quote:
Also, since "racist" is thrown around so much anymore, care to provide a solid example of him hating those groups?

Are you serious?

Central Park 5
Boarder policy
$hit hole country's
Grab them by the p...y
I could go on and on but I'm sure you've stepped in it with that ask.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

White women/college+
Trump 30%
Dem 63%

White women/non-college
Trump 43%
Dem 49%

White men/ college+
Trump 44%
Dem 49%

White men/non-college
Trump 67%

Dem 22%

Your argument is a fallacy in and of itself. To broadly assume that 67% of a voting demographic "must be ______" because they support a candidate is a pure failure of logic. In fact, look up the definition of a sweeping generalization because you just pulled a textbook example of it.

To utilize a source that is obviously extremely left-slanted as Pacific Standard doesn't prove anything. If I was an author for an online "journalistic" site, I would cherry pick studies that fit my narrative too.

at the majority of Americans part. You DO realize that a large portion of America views Democrats as having fallen off of the rocker, right? The obsession with Mueller, impeachment obsession, and far-left rhetoric is a bad road to tread for the Democrats, but hey, what do I know?

Usually when people come to this thread from out-of-the-blue demanding that we prove Trump is a racist, then throw out Fox news talking point insults of Democrats, it usually means the person is Republican/GOP/Trump troll who will never engage in genuine dialog. Did you read the poll above? Trump is underwater with the majority of Americans. The only group he is popular with is non-college white males -- who are a minority of Americans. Therefore when I say most Americans don't like Trump, the data is on my side not yours.

I've posted literally hundreds of articles from a variety of sources that support my conclusions about Trump and Trump voters. Go back and read the entire thread, then post some links to articles backing up your opinion (that aren't from Breitbart), then get back to me.

Also - in 2018 Republicans got their clocks cleaned when the Democrats picked up over 40 House seats in one of the largest mid-term wave elections. 2018 Americans preferred Democrats by a large margin.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

Quote:

Are you serious?

Central Park 5
Boarder policy
$hit hole country's
Grab them by the p...y
I could go on and on but I'm sure you've stepped in it with that ask.

By the Bye: I was with you on the most because of the broad canvas it painted.

Central Park 5 - Agreed, not one of his better moments.

Boarder policy - The border policy is not and has never been about hating a specific group of people, which is a requirement to declare racism. It is about the very real threat of violent people coming across the border unchecked, especially when the vast majority are coming from Central American countries seeking asylum, but passed directly through a country offering asylum. Seeking asylum is based on mere protection and not preference.

$hit hole country's - Again, not his finest moment, but it was talked down as immigration into the country as being merit-based above all else.

Grab them by the p...y - Not a racist claim.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

White women/college+
Trump 30%
Dem 63%

White women/non-college
Trump 43%
Dem 49%

White men/ college+
Trump 44%
Dem 49%

White men/non-college
Trump 67%

Dem 22%

Usually when people come to this thread from out-of-the-blue demanding that we prove Trump is a racist, then throw out Fox news talking point insults of Democrats, it usually means the person is Republican/GOP/Trump troll who will never engage in genuine dialog. Did you read the poll above? Trump is underwater with the majority of Americans. The only group he is popular with is non-college white males -- who are a minority of Americans. Therefore when I say most Americans don't like Trump, the data is on my side not yours.

I've posted literally hundreds of articles from a variety of sources that support my conclusions about Trump and Trump voters. Go back and read the entire thread, then post some links to articles backing up your opinion (that aren't from Breitbart or Fox News), then get back to me.

Also - in 2018 Republicans got their clocks cleaned when the Democrats picked up over 40 House seats in one of the largest mid-term wave elections. 2018 Americans preferred Democrats by a large margin.

Again, a tweet based on an NBC / Wall Street Journal poll. No bias there at all...

So what you are saying is that you are dismissing someone whom you claim to be using Fox News / Brietbart talking points when you yourself use objectively left-leaning sources (Pacific Standard / NBC / @UnitedDemocrats). Interesting and hilariously hypocritical, but okay.

The fact is that you are so blinded by your hate of Trump and Trump supporters that nothing I say will change your mind. It has taken only a few posts from you to see that.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

White women/college+
Trump 30%
Dem 63%

White women/non-college
Trump 43%
Dem 49%

White men/ college+
Trump 44%
Dem 49%

White men/non-college
Trump 67%

Dem 22%

I've posted literally hundreds of articles from a variety of sources that support my conclusions about Trump and Trump voters. Go back and read the entire thread, then post some links to articles backing up your opinion (that aren't from Breitbart or Fox News), then get back to me.

Again, a tweet based on an NBC / Wall Street Journal poll. No bias there at all...

So what you are saying is that you are dismissing someone whom you claim to be using Fox News / Brietbart talking points when you yourself use objectively left-leaning sources (Pacific Standard / NBC / @UnitedDemocrats). Interesting and hilariously hypocritical, but okay.

The fact is that you are so blinded by your hate of Trump and Trump supporters that nothing I say will change your mind. It has taken only a few posts from you to see that.

The fact is you are so blinded by your blind worship of Trump that you dismiss his constant lying, deception, hostility toward black latinos and women, you ignore the more than 20 sexual assault and rape allegations, you ignore his cruel vicious racist polices, his authoritarian plays for power, his coddling of dictators, his incompetence, his openly traitorous behavior of welcoming Russian help AGAIN, because -- why? Trump is one the most disgraceful, immoral, corrupt politicians in the history of the U.S.

You have revealed yourself to be a Trump troll. If you want to keep posting on LG, stick to the non-political side of the site.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

FOX NEWS POLL:

ChefLinda wrote:
Wow.

Quote:
Josh Kraushaar @HotlineJosh

Here’s the scary news for Team Trump in the FOX poll:

Trump polling below *40* against every tested D challenger.

Biden 50, Trump 38.
Sanders 48, Trump 39.
Warren 46, Trump 39.
Harris 45, Trump 39

Quote:
The other wake up call polling nugget:

Trump fav/unfav: 42-56 (-14)
Warren fav/unfav: 46-40 (+6)
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

White women/college+
Trump 30%
Dem 63%

White women/non-college
Trump 43%
Dem 49%

White men/ college+
Trump 44%
Dem 49%

White men/non-college
Trump 67%

Dem 22%

The fact is you are so blinded by your blind worship of Trump that you dismiss his constant lying, deception, hostility toward black latinos and women, you ignore the more than 20 sexual assault and rape allegations, you ignore his cruel vicious racist polices, his authoritarian plays for power, his coddling of dictators, his incompetence, his openly traitorous behavior of welcoming Russian help AGAIN, because -- why? Trump is one the most disgraceful, immoral, corrupt politicians in the history of the U.S.

You have revealed yourself to be a Trump troll. If you want to keep posting on LG, stick to the non-political side of the site.

Um, no, I'm not just going to stick to the non-political side of the site. I've not antagonized, trolled, or violated community standards or guidelines. I came here for political discourse and I'm not gonna be bullied into leaving.

I don't blindly worship Trump. I have disagreed with many of the things that he has said and done, but I had no opportunity to mention any of that since, as a Trump supporter, I was lumped into being among those things that you claim that all Trump supporters are. I didn't appreciate it.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

We've seen this movie before, Skippy.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
We've seen this movie before, Skippy.

It’d be interesting to see if BnG could actually write a better script than his predecessors.

Though he’s not off to even a remotely promising start, perhaps he’ll take some time and just familiarize himself with the previous discourse to learn from his predecessors’ mistakes.

He could do one helluva rewrite of the script if he took that time.

It’s up to him.

I’m not encouraged that he’d do that.

But I’ve been surprised before.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold. Is there a poll you believe is unbiased?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Republicans: "We aren't racists. We are just indistinguishable from people who are racist."

Me: "Um... okay?"
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Republicans: "We aren't racists. We are just indistinguishable from people who are racist."

Me: "Um... okay?"

I think it’s fair to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe not all Republican’s are racist.

But those that aren’t, and those of any party who aren’t virulently opposed to Trump and the vileness he espouses, are certainly OK with racism.

Here’s the sad news for those people. There’s no difference between being a racist, excusing it, or ignoring obvious racism because it is personally expedient to do so.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Boarder policy - The border policy is not and has never been about hating a specific group of people, which is a requirement to declare racism. It is about the very real threat of violent people coming across the border unchecked, especially when the vast majority are coming from Central American countries seeking asylum, but passed directly through a country offering asylum. Seeking asylum is based on mere protection and not preference.

The person who wrote this had to twist themselves into a pretzel to deny that Trump's immigration and asylum policy has anything to do with race. Racism does not require an open declaration of hate. Although when Trump describes asylum seekers he uses words like "vermin" "filthy" "dirty" and other inhuman language which in essence equates these people to animals. It's the same language Hitler used about the Jews. He tells women of color congress woman (some of whom are Muslim, three of which were born here) to "go back" to where they come from, it doesn't get much more blatant than that. Asylum seekers and undocumented immigrants have lower crime rates than US citizens. So this person never bothered to find out for themselves what the facts are and simply regurgitated Trump's and Fox news scare tactics.

I would like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but we are years into Trump's presidency now. His 15,000 lies and long history of racism has been well documented and written about in dozens of newspapers and magazines (and those articles are linked to here every time a Trump supporter pretends to not know Trump is racist). We have all heard his words, watched who he attacks, read his twitter feed and observed how he whips the crowds at his rallies into a fevered pitch of rage against the "other." So to come into the thread and assert that Trump is in no way racist and demand that we out of touch Democrats prove that he is -- is a troll gambit. Either this person is willfully ignorant so they never have to face their own possible complicity in Trump's racism by still supporting him OR they know damn well he's a racist and are playing dumb.

Either way, I've seen it all before and it's a complete waste of time to engage.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1664, 1665, 1666 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1665 of 3673
Jump to: