THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1695, 1696, 1697 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Curious. Why would t Medicare for all benefit those it is intended to benefit, and who do you think that is?

People who can’t afford healthcare as it is or those whose medical bills cripple their family financially. I think it would end up looking a lot like our public school systems. District lines being drawn along neighborhoods based on income sending well off children to better schools and children from families with lower income to overcrowded schools lacking funding. They’d have healthcare but it would be very low quality and would still be paying for it but with taxes opposed to as a deductible or premium.

I think you’re comparing disanalagous things. The primary driver of school inequity is funding. And the driver of funding inequity is the local nature of levies and fundraising vehicles. One of the advantages to single payer is that the payer is not a local entity.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Curious. Why would t Medicare for all benefit those it is intended to benefit, and who do you think that is?

People who can’t afford healthcare as it is or those whose medical bills cripple their family financially. I think it would end up looking a lot like our public school systems. District lines being drawn along neighborhoods based on income sending well off children to better schools and children from families with lower income to overcrowded schools lacking funding. They’d have healthcare but it would be very low quality and would still be paying for it but with taxes opposed to as a deductible or premium.

Isn't Medicare a Federal program?

Yes. I don’t understand your point or why you bolded what you did.

Because Federal programs are not tied into the zip code or city or state you live in. You can move to another state and nothing will change but your doctor.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I think you made a good argument for fixing district lines. Don't think you made a good argument against Medicare for all.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

So, just like all of those suffering people in Canada?

Yes there are people suffering from their healthcare. I have a very close friend who’s parents immigrated here from a country with a socialized healthcare program and they much prefer ours. There are good and bad cases for both systems. Ours is obviously flawed in a variety of ways I just don’t think Medicare for all is the best way to fix it.

Oh yeah? Well, I dated this girl in Niagara Falls back in high school, so you never met her.

Anyways, she died in the hospital right before she was going to go to prom with me and meet everyone at my school, but her parents said she definitely got the best treatment possible for her boneitis while she was still alive.

Good one.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I think you made a good argument for fixing district lines. Don't think you made a good argument against Medicare for all.

I don’t trust the people in charge to fix district lines or to implement Medicare for all properly. That’s my point.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Because Federal programs are not tied into the zip code or city or state you live in. You can move to another state and nothing will change but your doctor.

Yes and that doctor will be assigned based on where you live which could be superior or inferior to your prior doctor.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Yes and that doctor will be assigned based on where you live which could be superior or inferior to your prior doctor.

medicare is insurance, it doesn't tell doctors where to practice
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

medicare is insurance, it doesn't tell doctors where to practice

I was referring to how a socialized universal healthcare policy would be implemented.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

I think most dems candidate proposing medicare for all is on the re-imbursement side, not sure if anybody proposing controlling doctors practice at all, maybe you know more than me on these proposals
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Well if I move to another state I would expect to use a local doctor, rather than my previous one in another state.

But, what you described is no different than my current private insurer. I'm limited to using the doctors and facilities who are in their network. It's not a symptom of the evil government.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Okay, that Sandy Hook back to school commercial was really freaking hard to watch.

I put off watching it for that very reason. Finally watched it and yeah . . . definite punch to the gut.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

Context and sequence of events for this Whistleblower story:

Quote:
Greg Olear @gregolear

The #Whistleblower could well blow the lid off three-plus years of Trump/Russia shenanigans and expose Trump as the traitor he is, for all the world to see.

Let’s break it down:

1/ Per reports, the whistleblower reported on a “promise” Trump made to a “foreign leader” on the phone. The only foreign leader of consequence Trump spoke to on the phone in the relevant timeframe is—mirabile dictu—Vladimir Putin.

2/ Putin must realize that Trump is on thin ice, that impeachment is coming, that even Russian cyber-sabotage can’t make him win an election he loses by 8 million popular votes. If Vova wants any more juice, the time to squeeze the orange is now.

3/ I have been screaming about Trump/Russia since January 2016. To me, and to followers of this feed, the seditious phone call does not come as a surprise. But IF it was Putin on the line, and IF promises were made that compromise national security, Trump's presidency is over.

4/ Recall that Trump ALREADY surrendered top secret intelligence to Kislyak and Lavrov when those Russian jackals visited the OVAL OFFICE—a visit only the Russian press got to photograph. Somehow he survived that.

There would be no way to spin the new bombshell, if true.

5/ Below is a timeline of recent, relevant events (h/t @operativexray & @patricklsimpson for the initial timelines I’m expanding on):

7/28: Dan Coats, the Director of National Intelligence—one of the few grown-ups left in the Trump universe—announces he is resigning soon.

7/31: As wildfires rage in CA, Trump calls Putin to, we’re told, offer help with the wildfires in Russia.

8/2: For no apparent reason, the US pulls out of INF Treaty, because what could be better than allowing Putin to use intermediate-range nuclear missiles?

8/6: Jon Huntsman, the US ambassador to Russia and not an obvious Trump loyalist, resigns.

8/8: Coats advises Sue Gordon, who would replace him as DNI, to follow him out the door.

8/12: The #Whistleblower complaint is filed.

8/15: Coats steps down as DNI. Sue Gordon also resigns.

8/16: Joseph MAGAuire takes over as Acting Director of National Intelligence, attempts to hold on to the hot-potato whistleblower complaint, in brazen defiance of the law that he turn over report to Schiff/House Intelligence.

8/25: At the G7 in Biarritz, Trump insists that Russia be allowed to re-join. In private, his defense of Putin is more vociferous than his public statements, reports say.

8/28: Trump pulls $250M of military aid to Ukraine.

9/9: News breaks about the CIA being forced to exfiltrate a Moscow mole in 2017.

9/10: John Bolton, the national security adviser who was at odds with Trump, likely for not kissing the ring on Trump’s puny finger, resigns/was fired/leaves.

9/13: After the whistleblower story breaks, Schiff issues a subpoena to MAGAuire.

9/16: Yahoo breaks Russia/FBI spy story.

9/16: Traitor Ed "Snowjob" Snowden appears on CBS This Morning to promote his book.

9/17: Explosion at Russian smallpox storage facility.

9/17: Lewandowski testifies, marking start of formal impeachment inquiry.

9/18: WaPo breaks the “foreign leader” story about Trump.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Context and sequence of events for this Whistleblower story: [snip]

While I would love for this to be some kind of smoking gun, I think we should wait and see what was said.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

First off, no I do not want anything to happen whatsoever.. that is a promise

But.. Throughout all of our Middle East Wars Americans as a whole have remained safe from retribution on US Soil.. If America attacks Iranian soil is it wrong of them to feel justified to attack American soil?

BTW.. I did find out that we have a Military Agreement with Saudi Arabia.. longstanding.. that if their oil facilities are ever attacked we will defend their oil with our military.. *Their price is they will only sell their oil in US Dollars.

^^So, Trump really (bleep) this all up.. or the people behind him masterminded it well..

Will any of these deaths be considered murder or does "Military" always exclude that? *Just following orders and all that

Khashoggi was murdered because he was getting in the way of Saudi Arabia creating ties to Israel and because of his ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and speaking to them about his distrust of
the alliance from what I have read

Israel wants to become friends with Saudi Arabia because of a common enemy?
Is it a Peak Oil scenario?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

I think it was on his cell phone the day the report was made. Not something in plain sight and not something they would wait to report on.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Context and sequence of events for this Whistleblower story: [snip]

While I would love for this to be some kind of smoking gun, I think we should wait and see what was said.

And the truth of the matter is, there is a plethora of things that have come come to light over the last 34 months that should have ended Trump presidency. So regardless of what is learned bout the facts here, it's not going to make a difference.

It became obvious to me a while back that the only way Trump's Reign of Terror ends is at the polling booths in November 2020.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Quote:

But.. Throughout all of our Middle East Wars Americans as a whole have remained safe from retribution on US Soil.. If America attacks Iranian soil is it wrong of them to feel justified to attack American soil?

There hasn't been a war fought on these soils since the Civil War. I shudder to think what the Idiot In Office would do if we are attacked. He's foaming at the mouth for a reason to flex his nuclear muscle.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Quote:

There hasn't been a war fought on these soils since the Civil War. I shudder to think what the Idiot In Office would do if we are attacked. He's foaming at the mouth for a reason to flex his nuclear muscle.

9/11 Jodeke, don't forget
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

From Todays Reddit AMA
I’m Tony Schwartz. Thirty years ago, I wrote a piece of fiction titled “The Art of the Deal” for Donald Trump. I have been doing penance ever since. For the past 17 years, that’s meant running The Energy Project, where we focus on creating better workplaces by helping people to better manage their own energy – physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Ask me anything, truly.

Quote:
Is Trump actually the shallow, selfish manbaby who lacks any sort of self awareness that he appears to be when he speaks on TV?

Is he really this simple and bad or is there something more to itm
level 2

tonyschwartz1
Tony Schwartz
Score hidden ·
2 hours ago

I believe deeply that most people are better than their worst behaviors. I also believe there are some who are simply irredeemable and evil. Scott Peck called them "People of the Lie." They lack any conscience, as Trump does, and so they're almost purely evil. Trump is the most purely evil human being I've ever met, and also the most insecure.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

I am talking about actual armed drones or bombs in us cities..
I think Jodeke is also speaking on troops and battles also

Iran could have plans to create terrorist attacks in America if their soil is ever attacked again. Operation Ajax taught them something for sure.

I am ignorant of SA Iran relations but why bomb their oil.. that is like a mosquito bite on a giant..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Not forgotten. I was talking about a actual war not an attack.

If Trump had been in office when 911 occurred I think he would have dropped some bombs and maybe on the wrong country.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

If Trump had been in office when 911 occurred I think he would have dropped some bombs and maybe on the wrong country.

isn't that what we did
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

isn't that what we did

I don't understand what you mean timeline wise. I don't remember G W dropping any bombs. My recollection is increased government efforts to address terrorism. I'm saying if Trump were in office when 911 occurred he may (correction, may, not would) have start dropping bombs and possibly on the wrong country.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

isn't that what we did

Touche! 15 Saudi's and four others from the UAE, Egypt and Lebanon, did the dirty deed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

isn't that what we did

Touche! 15 Saudi's and four others from the UAE, Egypt and Lebanon, did the dirty deed.

Do you consider those who took action on behalf of America as us? Did we drop any bombs? If so I don't remember. My point is Trump may have had the US drop some bombs.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1695, 1696, 1697 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1696 of 3673
Jump to: