THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2323, 2324, 2325 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Rachel Maddow MSNBC
@maddow
·
10m
County Medical Examiner in Corpus Christi, Texas says their morgue can no longer receive additional bodies.

Asking for a FEMA morgue trailer.

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/1281356159849562112

They just need to stop testing and there would be no additional dead bodies!

But seriously, this is both heartbreaking and disgraceful.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Rachel Maddow MSNBC
@maddow
·
10m
County Medical Examiner in Corpus Christi, Texas says their morgue can no longer receive additional bodies.

I guess I could have posted that in the other thread, but yes, it's awful.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
We will just have to agree to disagree Wilt.

Multiple factors were necessary for Donald Trump to succeed. In my opinion, it was a decline in standard of living that wounded the working class, setting the stage for the blame game. The need for a target is what fed racism, anti-immigration, the distrust of both "coastal elites" and "mainstream media" and all the things that made Fox News, Breitbart, Trump, social media bots, etc., effective.

The problem is not going to go away if we continue to ignore the root cause.

The last part is spot on. But you’re putting the cart before the horse when it comes to what the root cause is. The blame game isn’t being played because people are feeling the economic pinch. The motivation for the blame game didn’t just pop out of nowhere. It’s always been there whatever the economics. Trump didn’t create racists nor did economics suddenly shift in the last few years that created the blame game as you call it. Trump simply ripped the band aid of the wound that has always existed and then smothered that wound in bacteria until it became raging my infected.

That’s why we have this dynamic where people are willing to compromise their economic standing and standard of living if it means they have to share that prosperity and the freedoms it provides with minorities, the LGBTQ community and even women. The Dems have provided plenty of policy and proposed legislation that would boost everyone’s standing, but the Republicans reject it. The Dems have talked about programs to help specialized workers transition into new fields, but they reject the Dems and cling to the party that lies to their face and makes their employment prospects worse. And how many man on the street interviews have we seen with typical Republican, working class people where the interviewer describes the ACA and the interviewee is all in, but then they are asked about “Obamacare” and they are aggressively adverse to the concept.

That’s not economics, that’s race. The only Republicans who weigh the economy into their decision making are the tiny fraction who actually benefit from Trump’s pillaging. Race is the horse pulling the cart and Trump is steering that horse to where he and his cronies want cart. Those in cart are happy where ever that cart goes, even when it hurts them in their pocketbook.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Rachel Maddow MSNBC
@maddow
·
10m

I guess I could have posted that in the other thread, but yes, it's awful.

Can you imagine the torches, pitchforks and nooses that would be being marched on the White House is this were happening under Hilary’s administration? (Not to imply that it ever would have).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

^
They'd be calling for Hillary to be put to death for the Russia bountygate stuff alone, and I'm not joking. Barely a blip for Trump.

I wanted to post this earlier, but I noted an interesting betting prop on Bovada. Biden is only -150 to win the election (with Trump at +135), yet they have a prop where you can bet which party will win the election, and the Democratic Party is listed at -180 with the GOP at +135. I guess they are allowing for the possibility that Trump drops out before the election?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
They'd be calling for Hillary to be put to death for the Russia bountygate stuff alone, and I'm not joking. Barely a blip for Trump.

I wanted to post this earlier, but I noted an interesting betting prop on Bovada. Biden is only -150 to win the election (with Trump at +135), yet they have a prop where you can bet which party will win the election, and the Democratic Party is listed at -180 with the GOP at +135. I guess they are allowing for the possibility that Trump drops out before the election?

Or strokes out...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

More scary numbers:

Quote:
Victoria Brownworth #RadicalAntiFascist @VABVOX

#BREAKING

34% of tests in #Arizona are positive. That is ONE in THREE people in the state are testing positive.
People are staying in line for tests for more than 20 hours.
The rise in cases is up 858% in just two weeks
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Or strokes out...

Yes, drops out or just doesn't make it to the election. I guess you can't rule that out.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Or strokes out...

Biden dying is also a statistical possibility.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Or strokes out...

Yes, drops out or just doesn't make it to the election. I guess you can't rule that out.

Or falls out a window...
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Or takes the Epstein route?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Or strokes out...

Or falls out a window...

The Defenestration of Trump! (History buffs will like that one.)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
This is what Rush Limbaugh said TODAY:

Quote:
After everything that’s happened with Donald Trump, how many of you Trump supporters support Trump because he is a paragon of moral virtue and financial rectitude? How many of you support Trump because he is the crème de la crème when it comes to character, decency, morality?

That’s not why Donald Trump is supported. Donald Trump is supported because a majority of people in this country fear we are losing the country, and they think he is the only guy in the Republican Party that has the guts to try to save it.

Let's ignore his lie that the majority of the country supports him. But he accurately describes Trumpism when he says the rest. We all know what "saving the country" means and it has nothing to do with socioeconomic concerns.

Oh, it is socioeconomic. We don't socialize with them, and we are entitled to all the money.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Or strokes out...

Or falls out a window...

That wouldn't improve the generic democratic chances but not Biden's. The lower odds for Biden are based not on Trump failing to make it to the election, but Biden failing to do so.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

On MSNBC: Gabe Sherman of Vanity Fair upon talking to Trump confidants who are warning him to moderate his message or he'll lose -- they say Trump really thinks the polls are fake, that he knows best how to run his campaign, and that his blaming the media for COVID hysteria and using the confederate statue issue are winners for him.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
On MSNBC: Gabe Sherman of Vanity Fair upon talking to Trump confidants who are warning him to moderate his message or he'll lose -- they say Trump really thinks the polls are fake, that he knows best how to run his campaign, and that his blaming the media for COVID hysteria and using the confederate statue issue are winners for him.

How is he so good at this?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

How is he so good at this?

The best, Jerry, the best.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wilt wrote:
This is what Rush Limbaugh said TODAY:

Quote:
After everything that’s happened with Donald Trump, how many of you Trump supporters support Trump because he is a paragon of moral virtue and financial rectitude? How many of you support Trump because he is the crème de la crème when it comes to character, decency, morality?

That’s not why Donald Trump is supported. Donald Trump is supported because a majority of people in this country fear we are losing the country, and they think he is the only guy in the Republican Party that has the guts to try to save it.

Let's ignore his lie that the majority of the country supports him. But he accurately describes Trumpism when he says the rest. We all know what "saving the country" means and it has nothing to do with socioeconomic concerns.

Oh, it is socioeconomic. We don't socialize with them, and we are entitled to all the money.

But it isn't the root cause. It's a symptom of their racism.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

You mean the route Epstein was taken out in?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

That way would work, too.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

I don't think Ghislaine Maxwell is long for this Earth, speaking of this.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
It's a simple concept, and it is why the evangelical christians, the last people in the world you would expect to embrace the naked corruption and evil of Trump, are also on board. It's called Dominion. God is in charge, America is his country, and straight white men are in charge of it. They are not that different than 1930's Germans in their embrace of Nationalism, fear and loathing of the outside other, and willingness to let all manner of unspeakable evil happen as long as they are getting theirs.

Well, there's also the factor that many of them are single-issue voters -- anyone who they think will help get Roe v. Wade overturned is their candidate, and nothing else matters. (Well, it matters, but in this case, it can be overlooked.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject:

DELETED POSTED AWHILE AGO jodeke

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Trump now at 40.1% on 538. The closest he's been to 39% since the pandemic began.

Last edited by Wilt on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

I don't think Ghislaine Maxwell is long for this Earth, speaking of this.

@RealDonaldTrump
RIP Ghislaine Maxwell who passed away tomorrow.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2323, 2324, 2325 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2324 of 3663
Jump to: