THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 249, 250, 251 ... 318, 319, 320  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 2683

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

FLORIDA:
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-wont-charge-prison-guards-who-boiled-schizophrenic-black-man-darren-rainey-to-death-9213190
Rundle (DA) Won't Charge Prison Guards
Who Allegedly Boiled
Schizophrenic Black Man to Death

Quote:
On June 23, 2012, Darren Rainey, a schizophrenic man serving time for cocaine possession, was thrown into a prison shower at the Dade Correctional Institution. The water was turned up top 180 degrees ó hot enough to steep tea or cook Ramen noodles.

As punishment, four corrections officers ó John Fan Fan, Cornelius Thompson, Ronald Clarke and Edwina Williams ó kept Rainey in that shower for two full hours. Rainey was heard screaming "Please take me out! I canít take it anymore!Ē and kicking the shower door. Inmates said prison guards laughed at Rainey and shouted "Is it hot enough?"

Rainey died inside that shower. He was found crumpled on the floor. When his body was pulled out, nurses said there were burns on 90 percent of his body. A nurse said his body temperature was too high to register with a thermometer. And his skin fell off at the touch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 4953

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
FLORIDA:
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-wont-charge-prison-guards-who-boiled-schizophrenic-black-man-darren-rainey-to-death-9213190
Rundle (DA) Won't Charge Prison Guards
Who Allegedly Boiled
Schizophrenic Black Man to Death

Quote:
On June 23, 2012, Darren Rainey, a schizophrenic man serving time for cocaine possession, was thrown into a prison shower at the Dade Correctional Institution. The water was turned up top 180 degrees ó hot enough to steep tea or cook Ramen noodles.

As punishment, four corrections officers ó John Fan Fan, Cornelius Thompson, Ronald Clarke and Edwina Williams ó kept Rainey in that shower for two full hours. Rainey was heard screaming "Please take me out! I canít take it anymore!Ē and kicking the shower door. Inmates said prison guards laughed at Rainey and shouted "Is it hot enough?"

Rainey died inside that shower. He was found crumpled on the floor. When his body was pulled out, nurses said there were burns on 90 percent of his body. A nurse said his body temperature was too high to register with a thermometer. And his skin fell off at the touch.


Torture... doesn't Florida have the death penalty?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 8681

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

Comey confirms FBI is investigating links between Trump campaign and Russia.
_________________
°Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 12377
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Comey confirms FBI is investigating links between Trump campaign and Russia.


Adam Schiff's opening statement laying out all the circumstantial evidence of Trump campaign connections with Russia was brilliant (Maddow-like).

Now the GOP focusing their questions on the "leakers" rather than the potential "traitors."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Posts: 15751
Location: North Carolina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Comey confirms FBI is investigating links between Trump campaign and Russia.


Adam Schiff's opening statement laying out all the circumstantial evidence of Trump campaign connections with Russia was brilliant (Maddow-like).

Now the GOP focusing their questions on the "leakers" rather than the potential "traitors."


Yea was about to post that. GOP setting deflector shields at full power.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 12377
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

Now Schiff asking Comey about Trump's tweets accusing Obama of wiretapping him.

Comey said there is nothing that supports Trump's tweets, nothing from FBI, Justice Dept, or anywhere else. And explains that no one person, including a President, can order a wiretap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 39724
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

Trey Gowdy is roasting Comey.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 48361

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

Impeachment is getting closer...
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Posts: 15751
Location: North Carolina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

Amazing to me how some of these GOP guys are totally unconcerned with a hostile foreign power interfering in our election and possibly compromising the executive branch, but are super concerned about leakers that provided some of this information. Gowdy apparently wants the press prosecuted??? I mean forget that the frigging president may be in cahoots with Russia, let's prosecute the press for outing it????? It's like we're stuck in a frigging alternate universe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 39724
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

Comey's taking the 5th in a round about way. LOCK HIM UP!!!!
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
the association
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 1962

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject:

Anyone expecting Comey and the FBI to earnestly do anything that might imperil the Trump Administration must be overlooking the fact that we only have a Trump Administration due to the heavy lifting last Fall by Comey and his self-righteous, true believer boys in blue ...

Beyond that fact, as long as we have unmitigated scumbags like Trey Goudy in the majority in this country, don't expect any accountability or transparency from this Administration ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 76652
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Anyone expecting Comey and the FBI to earnestly do anything that might imperil the Trump Administration must be overlooking the fact that we only have a Trump Administration due to the heavy lifting last Fall by Comey and his self-righteous, true believer boys in blue ...

Beyond that fact, as long as we have unmitigated scumbags like Trey Goudy in the majority in this country, don't expect any accountability or transparency from this Administration ...


It can be true that Comey and his boys favor Trump over Hillary while also favoring pence or Ryan over Trump. The coup in two phases.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
the association
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 1962

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
the association wrote:
Anyone expecting Comey and the FBI to earnestly do anything that might imperil the Trump Administration must be overlooking the fact that we only have a Trump Administration due to the heavy lifting last Fall by Comey and his self-righteous, true believer boys in blue ...

Beyond that fact, as long as we have unmitigated scumbags like Trey Goudy in the majority in this country, don't expect any accountability or transparency from this Administration ...


It can be true that Comey and his boys favor Trump over Hillary while also favoring pence or Ryan over Trump. The coup in two phases.


Certainly true, but I remain unconvinced that it's reasonable to attribute that kind of multi-phase, strategic planning to the FBI cadre behind this mess ...

But here's hoping I'm just a cynical (bleep) ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 39724
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

Does anyone think Carson and other panel members calling Donald, "Trump" rather than, "President Trump", is a sign of disrespect for Donald? I don't think it's aimed at the office.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 27139

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

While Trump and the GOP have consistently degraded the media as "enemies of Americans" it's on full display at this Comey hearing the absolute importance of media in bringing this information to the public. Every Intelligence Committee member has reference some news article or tv interview (and Tweets of course) as basically being the crux of all their knowledge of this investigation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakesGnrLake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Posts: 405

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
While Trump and the GOP have consistently degraded the media as "enemies of Americans" it's on full display at this Comey hearing the absolute importance of media in bringing this information to the public. Every Intelligence Committee member has reference some news article or tv interview (and Tweets of course) as basically being the crux of all their knowledge of this investigation.


So the media knows more thats going on than Central Intelligence members. Good to know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 10488
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

The Dems are laying out a good case against the Trump administration. The GOP looks petty for trying to crucify the media and whistle blowers and that argument only strengthen the Dems case.

As much as I dislike Comey he's doing a good job being impartial. Mike Rodgers seems very sober and straight forward.

The bombshell and context to the hearing being framed by the fact the FBI has been investigating Trump since last July.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 13696
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
the association wrote:
Anyone expecting Comey and the FBI to earnestly do anything that might imperil the Trump Administration must be overlooking the fact that we only have a Trump Administration due to the heavy lifting last Fall by Comey and his self-righteous, true believer boys in blue ...

Beyond that fact, as long as we have unmitigated scumbags like Trey Goudy in the majority in this country, don't expect any accountability or transparency from this Administration ...


It can be true that Comey and his boys favor Trump over Hillary while also favoring pence or Ryan over Trump. The coup in two phases.


That's certainly the vibe I'm getting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 27139

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
The Dems are laying out a good case against the Trump administration. The GOP looks petty for trying to crucify the media and whistle blowers and that argument only strengthen the Dems case.

As much as I dislike Comey he's doing a good job being impartial. Mike Rodgers seems very sober and straight forward.

The bombshell and context to the hearing being framed by the fact the FBI has been investigating Trump since last July.


Yeah, GOP mostly kept asking about leaks and questioning why all the smoke involved with Russia would lead anyone to believe there was a fire.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Posts: 15751
Location: North Carolina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

Man what the (bleep) show the GOP members of the house are.They are far more concerned with deflecting everything about the Trump regime's collusion with Russia with a witchunt for the people that leaked the information. Defend and deflect, defend and deflect. Today proved a truly independent commission needs to be assembled on this, or we're not getting any real answers.

This image pretty much sums it up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 8681

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Spicer says Flynn was a "volunteer" and Manafort had a "minimal role."
_________________
°Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 15290

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Fired U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Said to Have Been Investigating HHS Secretary Tom Price

Quote:
Trumpís head of the Department of Health and Human Services traded stocks of health-related companies while working on legislation affecting the firms. A source says Bharara was overseeing an investigation. The White House didnít immediately comment.


I don't think the White House bothered to vet any of the nominees.


Firing Preet was a huge mistake. He showed no favoritism in who he investigated, red or blue. He's the exact type of guy you want in that role.


I wish the media would focus more on corrupt (bleep) like this rather than whining about Russia and Trump's tweets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 8681

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Fired U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Said to Have Been Investigating HHS Secretary Tom Price

Quote:
Trumpís head of the Department of Health and Human Services traded stocks of health-related companies while working on legislation affecting the firms. A source says Bharara was overseeing an investigation. The White House didnít immediately comment.


I don't think the White House bothered to vet any of the nominees.


Firing Preet was a huge mistake. He showed no favoritism in who he investigated, red or blue. He's the exact type of guy you want in that role.


I wish the media would focus more on corrupt (bleep) like this rather than whining about Russia and Trump's tweets.


"Whining about Russia" could very well lead to exposing the biggest political scandal in our nation's history. Which doesn't mean that other forms of corruption should be ignored, but let's not minimize the Russian story as "whining."
_________________
°Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 15290

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Fired U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Said to Have Been Investigating HHS Secretary Tom Price

Quote:
Trumpís head of the Department of Health and Human Services traded stocks of health-related companies while working on legislation affecting the firms. A source says Bharara was overseeing an investigation. The White House didnít immediately comment.


I don't think the White House bothered to vet any of the nominees.


Firing Preet was a huge mistake. He showed no favoritism in who he investigated, red or blue. He's the exact type of guy you want in that role.


I wish the media would focus more on corrupt (bleep) like this rather than whining about Russia and Trump's tweets.


"Whining about Russia" could very well lead to exposing the biggest political scandal in our nation's history. Which doesn't mean that other forms of corruption should be ignored, but let's not minimize the Russian story as "whining."


Or it could just end up being some ghost story that amounts to nothing but a red herring from the real tangible shady (bleep) that the Trump administration is doing. They're opening the (bleep) floodgates even further for corporate America to destroy this country. This is a corporate takeover and the DNC will do nothing because they're in their (bleep) pockets too, so it's "Russia!" and "Hilary is great and not really a loser" and "he's so sexist," all the time. Same (bleep) that lost them the election.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 10488
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Fired U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Said to Have Been Investigating HHS Secretary Tom Price

Quote:
Trumpís head of the Department of Health and Human Services traded stocks of health-related companies while working on legislation affecting the firms. A source says Bharara was overseeing an investigation. The White House didnít immediately comment.


I don't think the White House bothered to vet any of the nominees.


Firing Preet was a huge mistake. He showed no favoritism in who he investigated, red or blue. He's the exact type of guy you want in that role.


I wish the media would focus more on corrupt (bleep) like this rather than whining about Russia and Trump's tweets.


"Whining about Russia" could very well lead to exposing the biggest political scandal in our nation's history. Which doesn't mean that other forms of corruption should be ignored, but let's not minimize the Russian story as "whining."


Or it could just end up being some ghost story that amounts to nothing but a red herring from the real tangible shady (bleep) that the Trump administration is doing. They're opening the (bleep) floodgates even further for corporate America to destroy this country. This is a corporate takeover and the DNC will do nothing because they're in their (bleep) pockets too, so it's "Russia!" and "Hilary is great and not really a loser" and "he's so sexist," all the time. Same (bleep) that lost them the election.


It appears as you have not connected or are ignoring the financial dots between the sanctions/ Exxon and Russian oil.

Oh there's big business at play here all right. Unless you don't consider the oil industry/Exxon "corporate America".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 249, 250, 251 ... 318, 319, 320  Next
Page 250 of 320
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB