THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 380, 381, 382 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

CBO score is out.

—14 MIL more uninsured by next year
—23 MIL more uninsured by 2026

Quote:
Andrea Mitchell‏Verified account @mitchellreports

.@CBO: people who are less healthy (including those w/ pre existing conditions) would not be able to afford premiums in 1/2 the states

Quote:
Sarah Kliff‏Verified account @sarahkliff

CBO estimates that in states requesting AHCA waivers, premiums for low-income elderly enrollees would go up 800 percent. That is not a typo.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Here is the actual report:

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115th-congress-2017-2018/costestimate/hr1628aspassed.pdf
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
so much for his stamina...

Trump 'exhausted' three days into first trip abroad as president: Reports

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-exhausted-three-days-into-first-trip-abroad-as-president-reports/article/2623768

He was all over the place during the campaign, but being president takes its toll. Just look at a young guy like Obama before/after. Full head of grey hair now.

Trump's in really terrible shape, especially for a man his age too.

everyone knew he was the one with the stamina problem...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/27/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-stamina/
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

CBO score is out.

Quote:

.@CBO: people who are less healthy (including those w/ pre existing conditions) would not be able to afford premiums in 1/2 the states

Quote:

CBO estimates that in states requesting AHCA waivers, premiums for low-income elderly enrollees would go up 800 percent. That is not a typo.

Yeah, but freedom, access, choice, freedom, access, choice, freedom, access choice, freedom, access, choice.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

CBO score is out.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, but freedom, access, choice, freedom, access, choice, freedom, access choice, freedom, access, choice.

Just don't get the new iPhone and you're good to go!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/24/cbo-issues-new-estimates-on-obamacare-repeal-bill.html

This is how much premiums are expected to increase if this is passed and you have the following condition:
A pregnancy: $17,000
Lung cancer: $73,000
Breast cancer: $28,000
Drug addiction: $20,000
Diabetes: $5,000
Autism: $5,000
Asthma: $4,000
http://imgur.com/a/uQ4ZP
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

CBO score is out.

Quote:

Quote:

My favorite one is "innovation".

!...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Newly Leaked Trump Executive Orders
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
The funny thing is, this is precisely what Trump/Putin want. A complete distrust in all institutions in order to create doubt and chaos -- which in turn helps them maintain autocratic control over the squabbling masses.

Good luck with that. I've watched and listened to the current testimony from intelligence officials and they seem credible to me. Why would I tar the current officials with past misdeeds of a completely different set of individuals under a completely different administration?

Everyone has to judge for themselves, which includes being open to changing your mind if new information comes to light. I was upset with Comey, I thought he made a partisan decision. But given his actions and testimony since, I've concluded that although he made a bad decision that hurt his credibility, his overall commitment seems to be to the truth and rule of law. Believe him, disbelieve him. But base it on the facts, not an opinion formed 10 years ago based on a completely different set of circumstances and individuals. I'm not saying don't be skeptical. I'm saying don't be so cynical that you risk veering off the road to truth altogether.

My main concern is a lot of the spying/lying information came to light during the last administration, when it was still going on (2011-ish), so I'm sure there are a lot of the same people still working in those agencies. My first inclination is to not take these agencies on their word, based on their past record. I'm not completely against believing anything they say though.

Your last point is very good though, and important to keep in mind.

Maybe I'm too cynical about this, but I don't think I'm totally in the wrong either.

You're not. But lets keep it simple. When you saw a guy like trump as a candidate what did you see? Not what did you think other people saw. I'm asking YOU. what did you see?

Now that he's the president, after all that has possibly gone on. Just his choices of people he has placed in his cabinet. The businesses decisions you've known him to make in the past. Some of the actual quotes they have of him saying things. Not spying on him. But stuff he was actually quoted saying. Then lets add in some form of russian ties even if it's just business(his sons admitted as much.)

Take all intelligence agency off the board for a moment and tell us what do you actually see when it comes to your president?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
And now for our daily dose of comic relief:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAm3MfpXYAAXvOA.jpg

Does anyone know why the Trumps are wearing black?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Mourning the (upcoming) loss of the presidency?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
But BBC's David Willey in Rome was unsurprised. There is a strict protocol to be followed when meeting the Pope, which the White House will have been informed of.

Traditionally, heads of states and their partners have chosen to wear black, with a notable exception - a Catholic queen is allowed to wear white.

Mrs Trump's predecessors have all followed similarly strict rules. Michelle Obama chose to wear a veil on meeting Pope Benedict XVI in 2009, as did Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton on visiting the Vatican during their husbands' presidencies.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40030668
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
But BBC's David Willey in Rome was unsurprised. There is a strict protocol to be followed when meeting the Pope, which the White House will have been informed of.

Traditionally, heads of states and their partners have chosen to wear black, with a notable exception - a Catholic queen is allowed to wear white.

Mrs Trump's predecessors have all followed similarly strict rules. Michelle Obama chose to wear a veil on meeting Pope Benedict XVI in 2009, as did Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton on visiting the Vatican during their husbands' presidencies.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40030668

Thanks DI Very informative link.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Republican candidate for the at-large seat in Montana just body slammed a Guardian reporter.

There's audio available.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Funny how we find it offensive for Western women to cover up while in Arab countries, but find it appropriate for the Vatican.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Republican candidate for the at-large seat in Montana just body slammed a Guardian reporter.

There's audio available.

Audio of a body slam is as enjoyable as pictures of musical notes.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Mourning the (upcoming) loss of the presidency?

Only the Pope gets to wear white after Labor Day.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind," Carson said in a SiriusXM radio interview with Armstrong Williams, a top adviser to Carson's 2016 presidential campaign. "You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee in a little while they'll be right back up there.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hud-secretary-ben-carson-says-poverty-is-about-a-state-of-mind/

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

I'd laugh. If it wasn't so disgusting/sad.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
"I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind," Carson said in a SiriusXM radio interview with Armstrong Williams, a top adviser to Carson's 2016 presidential campaign. "You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee in a little while they'll be right back up there.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hud-secretary-ben-carson-says-poverty-is-about-a-state-of-mind/

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

Carson apparently thinks "Trading Places" was a documentary.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Feeling good Lewis.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

I say we test this theory out with Donald Trump.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Feeling good Lewis.

http://cdn.hark.com/images/000/397/172/397172/original.jpg

"You know, you can't just go around and shoot people in the kneecaps with a double-barreled shotgun cuz you pissed at 'em."

Truly words to live by.

Also, I understand Carson's confusion given how young Senator Franken makes an appearance in the early-80s documentary to champion for simian rights.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

This is remarkably common in the conservative worldview.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

You have to consider Carson's logic. It's like if you take all the money from rich people and give it to poor people, it won't be long before the rich people will have it back. That's to say you can't take the knowledge, he used mindset.

I don't agree with his using poverty in his scenario but I think I understand his reasoning.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

You have to consider Carson's logic. It's like if you take all the money from rich people and give it to poor people, it won't be long before the rich people will have it back. That's to say you can't take the knowledge, he used mindset.

I don't agree with his using poverty in his scenario but I think I understand his reasoning.

That's not his point. His point is that we don't need to help the poor because poverty is a product of their own character defects, and that people without those character defects are not poor, and wouldn't stay poor even if you took everything. Because poverty is a character defect.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 380, 381, 382 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 381 of 3672
Jump to: