LAKERS @ WARRIORS -- Game Thread -- 11-23-16 -- 7.30PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Well that escalated quickly.

Not much to say, just a blow out. Hopefully we can get out revenge on Friday.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
levon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
I don't like Lebron, but I'm kind of glad they choked like little b's last year.

I only root for him when he stands in between GSW and a Championship

I've never understood the hate for GSW. Draymond screaming?

Joe Lacob is a (bleep). Their fans suck. Same division, same state, etc.

Their fans don't suck. I grew up in LA but I live up here for school. Had the pleasure of going to two Warriors games before 2015, and Oracle is always lit. So many hardcore lifers. Nowadays with the tech gentrification (which I'm part of) and their recent success drawing bandwagoners and tourists, the prices have gone up and the authentic fans pushed out. Bay area folk are seriously lobbying against that new stadium because they don't want that Forum -> Staples transition.

Kings, Trailblazers, and Suns fans are also avid and rabid. Their teams should never win a championship ever.

I grew up in LA and lived in Boston for school during their 2008 championship. It (bleep) sucked.

Why do anything but hate a fanbase that wants little more than to see the Lakers be terrible for 30 years?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:

Yeah forget this one, come after them Friday.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Cochese wrote:

Let's hope this is our last embarrassment of the season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Cochese wrote:

Let's hope this is our last embarrassment of the season.

Just to lighten the mood, Pelicans trashed the Hawks and embarrassed them, it's safe to say that even good teams can get embarrassed in a 82 game season.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
levon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
I don't like Lebron, but I'm kind of glad they choked like little b's last year.

Their fans don't suck. I grew up in LA but I live up here for school. Had the pleasure of going to two Warriors games before 2015, and Oracle is always lit. So many hardcore lifers. Nowadays with the tech gentrification (which I'm part of) and their recent success drawing bandwagoners and tourists, the prices have gone up and the authentic fans pushed out. Bay area folk are seriously lobbying against that new stadium because they don't want that Forum -> Staples transition.

Kings, Trailblazers, and Suns fans are also avid and rabid. Their teams should never win a championship ever.

I grew up in LA and lived in Boston for school during their 2008 championship. It (bleep) sucked.

Why do anything but hate a fanbase that wants little more than to see the Lakers be terrible for 30 years?

I hear you man but I don't know if Dubs fans feel that strongly about the Lakers. Especially with West's influence there, Curry whispering "I gotta chase you" to Kobe, Walton being the coach here. I don't think they're as rabid as Kings or Suns fans in that regard.

Let me give you an anecdote. One night I was riding on the BART and the guy next to me is coming back from the Raiders game. He's probably drunk. We talk about sports and he tells me, "I hate Kobe man. I hate Kobe. You wanna know why? Because he's so damn good. Every time he plays us he kills us." I get more of a Raptors fan vibe of appreciation while rooting against us, instead of a salty Kings vibe. That's just me though.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject:

149 points huh? Guess they wanted to prove something....
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
levon wrote:
levon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I hear you man but I don't know if Dubs fans feel that strongly about the Lakers. Especially with West's influence there, Curry whispering "I gotta chase you" to Kobe, Walton being the coach here. I don't think they're as rabid as Kings or Suns fans in that regard.

Let me give you an anecdote. One night I was riding on the BART and the guy next to me is coming back from the Raiders game. He's probably drunk. We talk about sports and he tells me, "I hate Kobe man. I hate Kobe. You wanna know why? Because he's so damn good. Every time he plays us he kills us." I get more of a Raptors fan vibe of appreciation while rooting against us, instead of a salty Kings vibe. That's just me though.

Dude are you serous? Their fans consider the Lakers one of their main RIVALs ... its foreign to us because we they're a bleep on the radar in regards to teams we should even care about, but you don't realize how much their fans have a burning desire to see the Lakers lose. You can thank Showtime, Kobe/Shaq... Phil.

I'm back up here for the Thanksgiving weekend, and my Dad still has the Bay Area feed on and their studio team is celebrating like it's back to back championships or something. All this talk about being spoiled by such a team, witnessing history every night... how they wanted to run the score up tonight even more to make up for past history. Now they're talking about where this win ranks in their franchise win...

This is hilarious stuff.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

Dude are you serous? Their fans consider the Lakers one of their main RIVALs ... its foreign to us because we they're a bleep on the radar in regards to teams we should even care about, but you don't realize how much their fans have a burning desire to see the Lakers lose. You can thank Showtime, Kobe/Shaq... Phil.

Maybe moreso back in the day. It's probably because I've been up here when the Lakers started being bad and no longer on anyone's radar. Although the Kings and Suns still foster so much hatred for us. The only Warriors player I really disliked was Monta Ellis, but Kobe always outdueled him. I was on their side for the Mavs upset. And no matter what I can't root for Lebron. Every year I forget why I dislike him and then relearn it all over again. So stressful

Edit: They're definitely supreme showboaters
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Norcal sports fans never cared for Socal sports fans and vice versa...I'm not surprised that the GS Warriors fans are talking smack now that their team is finally relevant....for decades they watched our Lakers teams dominate the NBA while the Warriors were irrelevant for much of their history.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

Maybe moreso back in the day. It's probably because I've been up here when the Lakers started being bad and no longer on anyone's radar. Although the Kings and Suns still foster so much hatred for us. The only Warriors player I really disliked was Monta Ellis, but Kobe always outdueled him. I was on their side for the Mavs upset. And no matter what I can't root for Lebron. Every year I forget why I dislike him and then relearn it all over again. So stressful

Edit: They're definitely supreme showboaters

Go search out their forums dude... meet the their true fans, not the new-wave bandwagon ones, that just hate everyone 'thats not them' or whatever stupid Draymond quote they always echo. They jealous-hate our franchise and it's on par with Clipper 'fans' hate of Lakers. They hated being another non-existent California team for decades. And like above poster said Norcal vs Socal sports hate just puts them instantly hating anything "LA." It was quiet the past few years because Byron-era was so irrelevant and they still lost to us... lol.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Great learning part of the season. Lets crush them on Friday!
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Warriors fans dont really talk that much (bleep), they are like its about time we have a good team. They respect the Lakers franchise, it doesnt mean they like it, they shouldnt, we dominated them for so long. Now its their turn to shine. They know we know everyone knows the Lakers will be back on top sooner rather then later and right now, they are enjoying their time.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject:

Despite how dismal this game was the fact remains, that as great as they are, they cannot sweep us.
In fact they had better tread lightly or we'll be up in that rear-end again next game!
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

I know the Lakers were playing against the Warriors one of the best teams in the NBA with great shooters like Curry, KD and Klay but they still shouldn't be giving up 149pts in a game. Both Russell and Randle were out injured and the Lakers were playing on a back-to-back after playing OKC at home the day before. I'm not taking anything from the Warriors they are a great team and one of the favorites to win the championship this season but the Lakers need to get better defensively.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Despite how dismal this game was the fact remains, that as great as they are, they cannot sweep us.
In fact they had better tread lightly or we'll be up in that rear-end again next game!

Warriors advantages.

Back2Back for LA

Russell and Randle injured

When we beat the Warriors earlier in the season, Randle and Russell were responsible for it, like I said if we are fortunate enough to meet the Warriors in the playoffs it's gonna be a competitive series.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Won't be a blow-out Friday. But I get the feeling it's going to be one of those woulda, coulda, shoulda won games. There guys will make plays down the stretch.

We will get back to .500 against Hawks, hopefully.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Won't be a blow-out Friday. But I get the feeling it's going to be one of those woulda, coulda, shoulda won games. There guys will make plays down the stretch.

We will get back to .500 against Hawks, hopefully.

My thought as well especially without Russell and potentially randle. If they beat GSW on Friday given the circumstances, look out!
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Warriors advantages.

Back2Back for LA

When we beat the Warriors earlier in the season, Randle and Russell were responsible for it, like I said if we are fortunate enough to meet the Warriors in the playoffs it's gonna be a competitive series.

Yeah it would be a competitive sweep. We played well in that first meeting with the warriors but that game was an anomaly for them.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Warriors advantages.

Back2Back for LA

Yeah it would be a competitive sweep. We played well in that first meeting with the warriors but that game was an anomaly for them.

So yesterday's game wasn't a anomaly for the Lakers? Since when did Laker fans make excuses for other teams losing against LA?
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Warriors advantages.

Back2Back for LA

So yesterday's game wasn't a anomaly for the Lakers? Since when did Laker fans make excuses for other teams losing against LA?

If it were true that it would be a competitive serie then we would have no problem making the playoffs. If you can be competitive in a 7 game series against one of the best team in the history of the NBA it just makes sense that you are a lock to make the playoffs. We are dead last in opponent FG% so it makes sense that a team like the warriors would have a field day against us. And yes that win was an anomaly for them, they don't usually miss wide open shots for three quarters. We played well though, and we certainly would've been better with Randle and Russell yesterday.
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

One thing I noticed... In every post game report/ recap and on every video recap of the game, or report on the Lakers following that last game in Golden State.... NOBODY mentioned we had 2 starters out. First take did a whole15 minutes about all the reasons the Lakers lost EXCEPT for the fact we were missing two starters. It's like to everyone else our guys are all the same, so it made no difference who the Warriors beat that night. That said... And yet... Everyone was talking about how the warriors were on a second night of a back to back when they lost to us. That said... if we should somehow perform a miracle and beat this Warriors team again at Staples... I better hear all about how they lost to a depleted team missing 3 starters and don't want to hear any excuses.
It’s staring right at me, I must take advantage.

Juelz Santana - "The Second Coming"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30
Jump to: