RUMOR ALERT (NO CREDIBLE CONFIRMATION): Lakers offered George & Medvedenko for Frye & another player
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: RUMOR ALERT (NO CREDIBLE CONFIRMATION): Lakers offered George & Medvedenko for Frye & another player

aynatruf wrote:
From Vaheblings at CL:

Quote:
Power 106's sports guy: Jeff Garcia just reported that he found out through a source that the Lakers offered Devean George and Slava to the Knicks for Channing Fry and another player. And most likely draft picks. My guess is that they offered to take a player with a contract and Fry for our expiring contracts.

If it is just a 4 player swap (George and Slava for Frye and another Knick) I would imagine the Knicks would only want to do this if that other player was either Jerome James, Jamal Crawford or Quentin Richardson because of the killer contracts each player has (James gets $6.6 mil in 2010, Richardson gets $9.4 mil in 2010 and Crawford gets $10.1 mil in 2011). If it is not for one of those three players then it would have to be Malik Rose, who's contract runs through 2008 and tops out at $7 mil. I would definitely do that trade because it would still give the Lakers a shot at LeBron & Bosh in 2008 (if they're still available) and because the Lakers would essentially be trading George for Frye and Rose in the meantime. The other players though, I don't think I'd do the trade. Their contracts are just too much for too long.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject:

wtf??

in other news, sasha vujacic was offered for tim duncan.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
wtf??

in other news, sasha vujacic was offered for tim duncan.

now everyone at the office knows i am looking at something other than work...they all are staring at me and askin me whats so funny
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Power 106's sports guy: Jeff Garcia just reported that he found out through a source that the Lakers offered Devean George and Slava to the Knicks for Channing Fry and another player. And most likely draft picks. My guess is that they offered to take a player with a contract and Fry for our expiring contracts.

Sounds good to me, but is there a way we can include Puke Walton and Aaron McKie since they are useless? :roll:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: