Attack on Ohio State Campus
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Attack on Ohio State Campus

Suspect Is Killed in Attack at Ohio State University That Injured 9

LINK

Quote:
Nine people were injured Monday on the campus of Ohio State University when a man veered his car onto the sidewalk, leaped out and stabbed several people with a butcher knife, law enforcement officials said. The attacker was shot dead within about a minute by a campus police officer.

Two law enforcement officials identified the suspected attacker as Abdul Artan, 18. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because the name had not been made public. The officials said that Mr. Artan was of Somali descent.

CNN reporting a rant on his Facebook page about him being tired of the way Muslims are being treated.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: <b>BREAKING NEWS</b>: Attack on Ohio State Campus

jodeke wrote:

CNN reporting a rant on his Facebook page about him being tired of the way Muslims are being treated.

>hates the stereotype
>becomes the stereotype

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: <b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b>: Attack on Ohio State Campus

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:

>hates the stereotype
>becomes the stereotype

Pretty much.

Not exactly an Einstein.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, really sad to feel so beaten up that you resort to this, and also quite stupid really, from a pragmatic standpoint.

I remember reading about the early days of the civil rights movement, and how armed resistance was considered. But it came down to the realization that they didn't have the numbers, couldn't hide within the population, and wouldn't move people toward them, but rather away.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

cue in trump in 5....4.....3.....2.....
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: <b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b>: Attack on Ohio State Campus

jodeke wrote:

>hates the stereotype
>becomes the stereotype

so that's what it was. I thought it was a disgruntled Michigan fan.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
cue in trump in 5....4.....3.....2.....

He already responded to this hours ago.

Quote:
Watching the news unfold at Ohio State University. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the students and administration.

Excellent job by the Ohio State University Emergency Management Team (OSU_EMFP) in immediately notifying students & faculty via social media with the message: "Buckeye Alert: Active Shooter on campus. Run Hide Fight. Watts Hall. 19th and College."

THANK YOU to all FIRST RESPONDERS who reacted immediately and eliminated the threat on campus.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Officials Investigating Anti-US Facebook Rant Believed Linked to OSU Attacker

LINK

Quote:
Appearing three minutes before the beginning of the rampage that left 11 people injured, the post reads: “I can’t take it anymore. America! Stop interfering with other countries, especially the Muslim Ummah. We are not weak. We are not weak, remember that.”

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Officials Investigating Anti-US Facebook Rant Believed Linked to OSU Attacker

LINK

Quote:
Appearing three minutes before the beginning of the rampage that left 11 people injured, the post reads: “I can’t take it anymore. America! Stop interfering with other countries, especially the Muslim Ummah. We are not weak. We are not weak, remember that.”

Some were upset about Awlaki's due process rights when the US exploded him. I personally chalk that up to an, "Oopsie..." while the lawyers wrangle over the legalities. I understand the concept of martyrdom, but I suspect they exaggerate the influence of martyrs just a little bit. Imagine if this rat were alive and able to make 5 more years worth of recruitment videos. I don't know how you could dismiss that he'd be much more influential than he already is.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject:

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/11/liberals-rush-to-condemn-lax-gun-laws-in-ohio-state-attack-but-there-was-no-gun?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=112816OhioStateNoGun&utm_campaign=crfb
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38187595
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject:

Omar Little, is this article along the line of your thinking: "Yeah, really sad to feel so beaten up that you resort to this, and also quite stupid really, from a pragmatic standpoint."?

I think Islamophobia without a doubt exist, I'm just not sure if it justifies this student's action but I'm not a muslim living in US. Any muslim Lakers fan wanna give their thoughts?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Omar Little, is this article along the line of your thinking: "Yeah, really sad to feel so beaten up that you resort to this, and also quite stupid really, from a pragmatic standpoint."?

I think Islamophobia without a doubt exist, I'm just not sure if it justifies this student's action but I'm not a muslim living in US. Any muslim Lakers fan wanna give their thoughts?

You're not sure if it justifies murdering random people?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
governator wrote:

I personally think they are going to have to do something to stop the insanity of our political machine

2 Billion Muslims? I see Christians killing far more people than Muslims.. Our dollar says "In God We Trust" and our soldiers are a huge majority of christians killing muslims in Iraq and neighboring countries for the last 30 years

First Iraq War was all murder... George Bush faked Satellite Data .. also created a fake story about iraqi troops killing babies in hospitals..

Why do we let these people live after the horrors they put our country through?

Look at how we treat muslim countries that have oil

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1559151.stm

^^ numbers even went up but we still let the leaders put SHOCK AND AWE on live television... we don't put executions on tv but we will let our citizens cheer and jump for joy as we attack a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.. and for what reason?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Wow!!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
governator wrote:

I personally think they are going to have to do something to stop the insanity of our political machine

2 Billion Muslims? I see Christians killing far more people than Muslims.. Our dollar says "In God We Trust" and our soldiers are a huge majority of christians killing muslims in Iraq and neighboring countries for the last 30 years

First Iraq War was all murder... George Bush faked Satellite Data .. also created a fake story about iraqi troops killing babies in hospitals..

^^ numbers even went up but we still let the leaders put SHOCK AND AWE on live television... we don't put executions on tv but we will let our citizens cheer and jump for joy as we attack a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.. and for what reason?

This is why these killings/shootings/stabbings happen.

Instead of condemning the killings, you are giving credence to the message....
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
governator wrote:

I don't have to condemn them.. it should be obvious I don't agree with this method..

But,, America and its citizens have an incredible amount of blood on their/our hands...

Have you condemned that?
https://www.iraqbodycount.org/
Cost of war at least $3.7 trillion and counting

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-war-idUSTRE75S25320110629
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

I should have asked in the above post..

"Credence to the message...."

Can you tell me what the message is and if there is any justification for a message needing to be made?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Trey goin ham
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
governator wrote:

Wow!!

Sorry, wrongly worded. It doesn't justify it
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
governator wrote:

Sorry, wrongly worded. I meant to say that even with Islamaphobia, it doesn't justify the murder
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Trey goin ham

:)

Just one honest question

Do you think the United States aggression against
Iraq
Afghanistan
Syria
Pakistan
et al

has done anything to increase peace and democracy in the middle east?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
governator wrote:

This is a response to me?
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
governator wrote:

I don't have to condemn them.. it should be obvious I don't agree with this method..

But,, America and its citizens have an incredible amount of blood on their/our hands...

Have you condemned that?
https://www.iraqbodycount.org/
Cost of war at least $3.7 trillion and counting

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-war-idUSTRE75S25320110629

Method? What citizens have blood on their hands?
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Can we get real here? As a nation, we've endured what? Maybe 9,000 - 10,000 Americans killed by adherents of radical Islamism in the past 20 years? At least 2/3 on foreign soil, right? While we've been invading and occupying their sovereign lands, right? And while we've been forcibly removing the leaders of three sovereign states (Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya), right? While we've been actively fomenting a civil war in Syria, right?

And during that same period, we've killed what? 75 - 100x that number? Maybe another 50 - 75x indirectly (e.g., during our instigation in Syria)? I'm not going to bother with non-death casualties, as the numbers are too difficult to source properly.

So for every American killed by "them", we've "settled the score" with 125 - 175 (or more) lives on the other side? And I would venture to guess that at least 3/4 of those were civilian deaths. Anyway, every American should strive to better understand these numbers and the ramifications ...

Radical Islamism is predominantly a byproduct of U.S. foreign policy over the past 80 years, especially the past 65 years or so. That's just the fact of the matter. The manufactured narrative regarding a "clash of civilizations" is the window dressing to quiet the natives who subjugate themselves without too much fuss. That said, I think the righteous indignation is misguided when others (living in a world of abject hopelessness and desperation, largely shaped by U.S. foreign policy) use whatever means they can possibly find to "fight back". As the saying goes, war is hell. And we created this hell. Unfortunately, many of us think the hell is reserved for "them" alone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: