***** Lakers at Pelicans 11/29/16 5:00PM PT *****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Alvin is weird, ya'll see his last interview all pissed off. He probably doesn't believe in injury prone-ness and likes numbers. "I wanted AD to get 40"

Yep. Alvin showing some definite signs of job stress
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Not that black and white. Clarkson, imo, was a much better prospect and player as a rookie than he is now. He used to look for the open man, made the right plays, and generally made good things happen when the ball was in his hands - even with "Foxhole" Byron Scott as the coach. His second year he provided much needed aggressiveness and helped ease the pressure off of Kobe.

What can you point to as something he has added to his game this year so far? Using your logic, perhaps you should extrapolate his 3.5 apg or his 3.2 rpg as a rookie over 32.3 mpg and compare that with this year?

Well, since you posted and highlighted his stats, I assumed you meant there was no "discernible" improvement in his stats this year. You also pointed out that the only "discernible" improvement was in his steals numbers.

So I pointed out that 15.4 pts in 27.7 mpg is an improvement over 15.5 pts over 32.3 mpg.

Now you're bringing in Byron Scott, and his rookie year, and logic and whatnot.

So, I'm unclear on what we're talking about here. So clarify for me, when you posted this:

Ujah's Goat wrote:

Jordan Clarkson:

year 1: 11.9 pts / 3.2 rbds / 3.5 assts / .9 stls / 25mpg
year 2: 15.5 pts / 4.0 rbds / 2.4 assts / 1.1 stls / 32.3mpg
year 3: 15.4 pts / 2.7 rbds / 2.3 assts / 1.9 stls / 27.7 mpg

Small sample for this season thus far, but the fact remains that his only discernible improvement is getting more steals.

was I wrong to assume that you were referring to his stats?

Guess you missed the bolded. I posted his stats, then explained in my response to you why I do not think Clarkson has improved as a player this year and has regressed since his rookie season, which I stated was my opinion.

Lol @

Quote:

His rookie year Byron Scott was coach and I'm surprised at JC's further dip in assists, especially in Luke's offense which encourages sharing the ball. I do invite you to use logic: if you want to extrapolate all of his stats and have an actual discussion, go right ahead and let's compare his play over the season splits. Not sure why you're acting like I made a crazy reach here

Furthermore, I asked you what you think he has added to his game this year. So you did not answer my question but to answer yours yes, you are wrong as I was not only referring to Clarkson's stats to explain why he has not improved. And you are wrong even if I was, as his real averages (not extrapolated, not per 48, not per minute, etc) since coming into the league only show discernible improvement in 1 stat: steals.

Cheers.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
AB with the ultimate F U to Mitch and Luke. Rub the salt in even more, young fella.

Doubt they care. Means about as much as Lindsey Hunter being a try hard when he'd play us when he was on the Pistons. Everyone else on this team that is actually getting playing time when 3 of the 4 main guys aren't injured is better than him.

because you are included in his message. Didn't you think he was hopeless?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

TDRock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Alvin is weird, ya'll see his last interview all pissed off. He probably doesn't believe in injury prone-ness and likes numbers. "I wanted AD to get 40"

Yep. Alvin showing some definite signs of job stress

lolol , I wonder if he keeps his job after this season..
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
We missed Nick

we are going to miss him as much as anyone in that lineup....I am not sure we even realize how much yet
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Too bad MWP cannot play SG.

Why no Zubac?

Three games in fours nights. It would not hurt to test every possible rotation. I think they should start the bench mobs and integrate the vets, Mozgov, Deng, Calderon etc., with that group. With Russell and Young down and Randle half-effective, no one of the original starting lineup can create.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Not that black and white. Clarkson, imo, was a much better prospect and player as a rookie than he is now. He used to look for the open man, made the right plays, and generally made good things happen when the ball was in his hands - even with "Foxhole" Byron Scott as the coach. His second year he provided much needed aggressiveness and helped ease the pressure off of Kobe.

What can you point to as something he has added to his game this year so far? Using your logic, perhaps you should extrapolate his 3.5 apg or his 3.2 rpg as a rookie over 32.3 mpg and compare that with this year?

Well, since you posted and highlighted his stats, I assumed you meant there was no "discernible" improvement in his stats this year. You also pointed out that the only "discernible" improvement was in his steals numbers.

So I pointed out that 15.4 pts in 27.7 mpg is an improvement over 15.5 pts over 32.3 mpg.

So, I'm unclear on what we're talking about here. So clarify for me, when you posted this:

Ujah's Goat wrote:

Jordan Clarkson:

Small sample for this season thus far, but the fact remains that his only discernible improvement is getting more steals.

Guess you missed the bolded. I posted his stats, then explained in my response to you why I do not think Clarkson has improved as a player this year and has regressed since his rookie season, which I stated was my opinion.

Lol @

Quote:

His rookie year Byron Scott was coach and I'm surprised at JC's further dip in assists, especially in Luke's offense which encourages sharing the ball. I do invite you to use logic: if you want to extrapolate all of his stats and have an actual discussion, go right ahead and let's compare his play over the season splits. Not sure why you're acting like I made a crazy reach here

Furthermore, I asked you what you think he has added to his game this year. So you did not answer my question but to answer yours yes, you are wrong as I was not only referring to Clarkson's stats to explain why he has not improved. And you are wrong even if I was, as his real averages (not extrapolated, not per 48, not per minute, etc) since coming into the league only show discernible improvement in 1 stat: steals.

Cheers.

I always wonder about these kind of posts...does he know he is wrong and just still puts in the effort or has he not yet figured out he is wrong....I think that is the real question.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:

Why no Zubac?

Three games in fours nights. It would not hurt to test every possible rotation. I think they should start the bench mobs and integrate the vets, Mozgov, Deng, Calderon etc., with that group. With Russell and Young down and Randle half-effective, no one of the original starting lineup can create.

Didn't you watch the game? Luke clearly wants to "win" out there. That much was certain when he went with the Calderon-MWP-Deng line-up.

Go Luke!
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

This is what an adjusting coach should do understanding the situation and the injury to Nick. This would be the starters for the 2nd half.

Moz
Randle
Deng
Clarkson
Lou

Then quickly bring in Tarik, Nance and Ingram so you can get into the group that you like so much quickly. Jose can then come in for either Clarkson or Lou to give one a breather. So lets say Clarkson sits, when Clarkson comes in, he'll come in for Lou to give him a breather. So you will always have one of them in the game at all times, then you finish off Lou/Clarkson again.

Most teams have at least 4 guys playing over 33 minutes a night. We have zero guys playing over 28, not even in times of injuries. We simply give more minutes to scrubs who don't usually play.

I don't get it.

Three more games on the road in four nights. In a game of 20 points deficit, I can understand the distribution of minutes. But the bench mobs need to play more in the next three games. They are the only weapon Luke has.

KindCrippler2000--
I am talking about next games.

Forget about the starting lineup. With Russell and Young down and Randle semi-effective, Luke needs to change the rotation.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Ujah's Goat wrote:

Jordan Clarkson:

Lol @

Quote:

Cheers.

Ok. I was just referring to the stats. If you say the stats back up your position, so be it.

I was just pointing out that 15.4 pts in 27.7 mpg is an improvement over 15.5 pts over 32.3 mpg (stats wise).

That's all.

If you prefer 15.5 pts over 32.3 mpg, so be it.

Let's leave it at that.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

weird night in NBA...Bucks hammer the Cavs....Magic are beating the Spurs bad....and the Nets have the Clippers in double overtime

Last edited by adkindo on Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
LaxT wrote:

Why no Zubac?

Didn't you watch the game? Luke clearly wants to "win" out there. That much was certain when he went with the Calderon-MWP-Deng line-up.

Go Luke!

Dude, seriously, I agree with you and your agenda is like watching MWP play basketball and scratch his fingernails on a chalkboard at the same time.

Besides Zu suited up, what would have made you happy tonight? Your snark is awesome, but be constructive, how many minutes would you have played Ingram and a dinged up Randle tonight?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Zu is in D-League, isn't he? Of course they could call him back, but he'd have to travel to meet the team, etc. I'm pretty sure he's not actually with the team right now.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Ujah's Goat wrote:

Jordan Clarkson:

Lol @

Quote:

Cheers.

Ok. I was just referring to the stats. If you say the stats back up your position, so be it.

I was just pointing out that 15.4 pts in 27.7 mpg is an improvement over 15.5 pts over 32.3 mpg (stats wise).

That's all.

Let's leave it at that.

Sounds good my man
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
AB with the ultimate F U to Mitch and Luke. Rub the salt in even more, young fella.

Doubt they care. Means about as much as Lindsey Hunter being a try hard when he'd play us when he was on the Pistons. Everyone else on this team that is actually getting playing time when 3 of the 4 main guys aren't injured is better than him.

He is not an impact player in the league and he is not a difference maker. Grown men weep because he had a 7 point 4 foul night and act like he'd be a godsend as the 15th guy on the roster only because he no longer has "Lakers" across his chest.

It's the usual "not mine anymore" syndrome that causes fans to overrate players they no longer have, even if the people they have on the roster are better.

They cry about Bazemore and ignore his 37% from the field and 30% three point shooting, when they are the same people that call Deng useless. And they act like Anthony Brown is a godsend when across the last 4 games he's played with the Pelicans he's scored 6 points, and all 6 were in one game, which means that in 3 of his last 4 games with the Pelicans he's had till today he's dropped a truly difference making 0 points despite the Pelicans having no one else.

But he gets 7 points against the Lakers and he's suddenly a difference maker? It's funny to watch just how bad some guys get overrated once they no longer have "Lakers" on their chest. So if they wanna make Anthony Brown the new Chris Douglas-Ebanks more power to them.

Last edited by MJST on Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Ujah's Goat wrote:

Jordan Clarkson:

Lol @

Quote:

Cheers.

That's all.

Let's leave it at that.

Don't give in, he's wrong and you're right.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

He is not an impact player in the league and he is not a difference maker. Grown men weep because he had a 7 point 4 foul night and act like he'd be a godsend as the 15th guy on the roster only because he no longer has "Lakers" across his chest.

It's the usual "not mine anymore" syndrome that causes fans to overrate players they no longer have, even if the people they have on the roster are better.

They cry about Bazemore and ignore his 37% from the field and 30% three point shooting, when they are the same people that call Deng useless. And they act like Anthony Brown is a godsend when across the last 4 games he's played with the Pelicans he's scored 6 points, and all 6 were in one game, which means that in 3 of his last 4 games with the Pelicans he's had till today he's dropped a truly difference making 0 points whilst getting 11 MPG cause they got no one else.

But he gets 7 points against the Lakers and he's suddenly a difference maker? It's funny to watch just how bad some guys get overrated once they no longer have "Lakers" on their chest. So if they wanna make Anthony Brown the new Chris Douglas-Ebanks more power to them.

The travesty is that Brown was in there for so many minutes while Hield near had a DNP-CD. What the hell was Gentry thinking?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

They cry about Bazemore and ignore his 37% from the field and 30% three point shooting, when they are the same people that call Deng useless. And they act like Anthony Brown is a godsend when across the last 4 games he's played with the Pelicans he's scored 6 points, and all 6 were in one game, which means that in 3 of his last 4 games with the Pelicans he's had till today he's dropped a truly difference making 0 points whilst getting 11 MPG cause they got no one else.

The travesty is that Brown was in there for so many minutes while Hield near had a DNP-CD. What the hell was Gentry thinking?

That he's about to be fired anyway.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

That he's about to be fired anyway.

Perfect work by Dell Demps.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Ujah's Goat wrote:

Jordan Clarkson:

Lol @

Quote:

Cheers.

That's all.

Let's leave it at that.

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
LaxT wrote:

Why no Zubac?

Go Luke!

Every coach seems to have their quirks, and Luke's "precious" is his bench. So much so that he will put the starting 5 in a bad spot. He and the staff has completely missed the point of what a bench's role is. I don't think there has ever been a contending team whose bench took them home every night. Playing with a handicap every night is just not going to work. I understood it when everyone's healthy, and there's a gray line between who should start and who shouldn't, the money paid to Deng and Moz. I get it. But what i don't get is that in these times of injuries, you don't make any adjustments. You simply continue to give the minutes to scrubs who don't usually play, just so you can maintain your bench.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

They cry about Bazemore and ignore his 37% from the field and 30% three point shooting, when they are the same people that call Deng useless. And they act like Anthony Brown is a godsend when across the last 4 games he's played with the Pelicans he's scored 6 points, and all 6 were in one game, which means that in 3 of his last 4 games with the Pelicans he's had till today he's dropped a truly difference making 0 points despite the Pelicans having no one else.

No one is overrating him because he's an ex-Laker. That's beyond nonsensical.

They are "overrating" him because the player that replaced him wouldn't even be in the NBA if not for the Lakers. The adages "veteran leadership" and "locker-room camaraderie" only go so far when you are buried on the bench. Unfortunately, injuries will and can happen.

Metta has more FOULS than points this season. That's how serviceable he's been. In the long run, acquiring Metta over AB does nothing for the Lakers. If the Lakers future truly hinges on developing the youth, why not give AB the chance with Randle, DLo, Ingram, Zubac, etc? Lakers wasted a valuable second round pick on him.

At least Gentry got it right tonight. Use AB for defense. Pair him with Jrue and AD and you'll get some service from him tonight.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

I am just giving you a hard time....that being said, I do and always have thought AB could become a really good piece off the bench....and I still believe that. The single poorest decision Luke has made as a coach was to cut AB to keep Metta. Just my opinion.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Ujah's Goat wrote:

Jordan Clarkson:

Lol @

Quote:

Cheers.

That's all.

Let's leave it at that.

Nah, sometimes you gotta know when you're not going to change someone's mind....
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

One of those guys plays defense. Playing defense is certainly no travesty.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26
Jump to: