Dwight Howard confronted Lakers fan who called him a (bleep)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
the association wrote:
ocho wrote:
the association wrote:
I'm always surprised by the inevitable few who insist that "that guy" who pops off from the safety of the crowd would invariably do the same thing to their target in a dark alley somewhere. In reality, the only "fan" who would say anything disrespectful to Dwight Howard's face is the one drunk enough or stupid enough to endure a beating for the resulting payday. 6'10" and 260 pounds, with an 89" wingspan and elite athleticism ... you're going to taste your own blood real fast and end up on your back flailing your arms and legs like a (bleep) turtle if you make the mistake of stepping to Dwight Howard. It's just reality ...

Don't allow your CrossFit obsession, your Krav Maga black belt, your BUD/S training, or your weekend warrior shenanigans to fool you ... you're getting your brakes beaten off in the event that you pop off to these people in real life.

Yes, that long list of people Dwight Howard has beat up for popping off at the mouth.

Where's the list of people who have done just that? I admit, I don't spend any time dwelling on ways to marginalize the guy, so I don't know all of the names of people who have gotten in his face and disrespected him. But I'm happy to consult your list once I finish doing my one-armed burpees over here ...

I'm sensing you and Dwight are pretty similar on the tough guy scale

So no list ... ?

OK, I'll do another set over here ... then back to the blindfolded Krav Maga workout.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm very perplexed about Dwight. Half of him seems like a dude who is a good human being but the other half just pisses me off cause he's such a (bleep) dumbass.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
ocho wrote:
the association wrote:
ocho wrote:
the association wrote:
I'm always surprised by the inevitable few who insist that "that guy" who pops off from the safety of the crowd would invariably do the same thing to their target in a dark alley somewhere. In reality, the only "fan" who would say anything disrespectful to Dwight Howard's face is the one drunk enough or stupid enough to endure a beating for the resulting payday. 6'10" and 260 pounds, with an 89" wingspan and elite athleticism ... you're going to taste your own blood real fast and end up on your back flailing your arms and legs like a (bleep) turtle if you make the mistake of stepping to Dwight Howard. It's just reality ...

Don't allow your CrossFit obsession, your Krav Maga black belt, your BUD/S training, or your weekend warrior shenanigans to fool you ... you're getting your brakes beaten off in the event that you pop off to these people in real life.

Yes, that long list of people Dwight Howard has beat up for popping off at the mouth.

Where's the list of people who have done just that? I admit, I don't spend any time dwelling on ways to marginalize the guy, so I don't know all of the names of people who have gotten in his face and disrespected him. But I'm happy to consult your list once I finish doing my one-armed burpees over here ...

So no list ... ?

OK, I'll do another set over here ... then back to the blindfolded Krav Maga workout.

Your sense of humor is second to none.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject:

Someone yells "Kobe" and he gets real upset.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject:

It usually takes two idiots to start something silly like that,

a fan who maybe drank too much, (or is just an a-hole himself)

and an over sensitive D12
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
Why was that one guy waving a laker jersey for Howard to sign? what the heck. That is pathetic

D Howard is a big ass lady dog

Probably to sell it.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:
ocho wrote:
japanesebeef1 wrote:
Jim Helin . . . awfully preachy for someone who makes his money recording the misfortunes of others. True, we do have something to look forward too. Dwight doesn't. What he did was a huge slight to Los Angeles and Laker fans. He deserves our schadenfreude.

I do take issue with the idea that Laker fans put all the blame on Howard for that season (we don't) or that we're bitter he left (it was a monumental gift). We all got to see the Dwight Howard Experience up close, and most fans were tired of him when the season was still going on and we thought he'd stay. We will continue to boo him and rightfully so.

Nice distinction Ocho!

I told a hoops bud that same thing this afternoon. Imagine having this guy on our team over the last few years. Ugh. Duh-Wight did us a YUGE! favor. I guess some fans are still angry over the act of him turning the Lakers down, which is a historical shocker. Never happens. Closest thing to it before it happened was AC Green going to PHX in 93. I loved Ace, but he wasn't a superstar name. Those fans still holding onto that will hold onto it forever and boo, heckle, and hector him every time he comes to Staples. He was also a frustrating player to watch. He could appear as discombobulated as Kwame at times. You wouldn't even have to squint to see the resemblance. Even Dwight's last moment as a Laker was stomach turning. He bailed out like a wuss during a playoff loss with a flagrant 2 and skulked off the court, camera panned in on Jack who looked at him and shook his head. No one wants that pinhead back.

He's one of those guys like Harden who is not very likable in general. There was a drunk fan screaming at Harden all game long during the opener.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject:

If hearing some pleb shout "you're a (bleep)" is enough to trigger you, you prove him right.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject:

Who cares about this loser Howard? We were lucky he didn't sign with us. Let's all move on now
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject:

LawyerShawn wrote:
ocho wrote:
LawyerShawn wrote:
People who cross the line from friendly hazing into maliciously mean spirited should be banned from games. It makes games hard to bring family too.

I suppose the counter argument would be that its equally damaging to young children to be exposed to a (bleep) like Dwight Howard at an impressionable age.

I get that we are Laker fans, and thus hold ill feelings between Dwight (rightfully so). However, cursing in public is not acceptable, even if it is Dwight. Keep it civil Laker fans.

You bring up some good points, Shawn.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject:

Howard is a clown act. Always was, always will be.

I don't defend fans who say nasty things to players. But the player has to rise above that. Think Kobe ever got called a nasty word by fans?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
the association wrote:
ocho wrote:
the association wrote:

In this tale, he was the (bleep) turtle -
(I'm guessing from a previous experience).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject:

D-Lo did the same thing a few weeks ago. It's not cool but unfortunately it happens from time-to-time. Both participants need to chill.
Nothing really new here, .... moving right along.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
ocho wrote:
the association wrote:
ocho wrote:
the association wrote:

In this tale, he was the (bleep) turtle -
(I'm guessing from a previous experience).

I heard Dwight is a Krav Maga black belt, studying thrice per week. Thus, he's clearly no turtle on his back flailing his arms and legs. That "fan" is lucky Dwight didn't give him the what for with the Krav Maga ...
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject:

I don't get why Lakers' fans boo him.

I'd be enthusiastically cheering and applauding him for NOT re-signing with the Lakers!

Thank you, Dwight!! Thank you for not being a Laker anymore!!

To me, boo'ing him implies that you are hurt that he didn't re-sign and that you actually want him on this team.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject:

he's still a female dog
LawyerShawn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
I don't get why Lakers' fans boo him.

I'd be enthusiastically cheering and applauding him for NOT re-signing with the Lakers!

Thank you, Dwight!! Thank you for not being a Laker anymore!!

To me, boo'ing him implies that you are hurt that he didn't re-sign and that you actually want him on this team.

The boo'ing is more so because of how he left.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject:

I despised how Dwight left the Lakers, and I didn't care for his brand of basketball while he was here. He's one of my least favorite players in the NBA, and it doesn't surprise me one bit that he lets a heckling fan get under his skin.

All that said, I recall taking my kids to see the Lakers play in an opposing arena, and having a fan nearby scream cuss words at Kobe all game long. That shows zero class. It's one thing to heckle loudly, I've no problem with that. But if there's kids sitting right by you and you have to scream cuss words to get your heckling in, you're as big a clown as Howard.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject:

I'm confused about this because I feel Dwight is a good guy socially but just a has ADD in his professional life. If he did resign here a lot of us would be supporting him. i wonder what this team would look like if he played in Luke offense with Randle Russell clarkson etc... Maybe his maturity fits right in with this current squad
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

All hail Dwight, the gawd.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject:

fans are incredibly disrespectful in the nba sometimes, the nba should have zero tolerance for this kind of dudes, blacklist them and dont allow them to enter the arena. Surprising really that malice in the palace was the only big scale fans/players incident in the story of the game.

You are messing with uber athletic huge dudes, wtf are you doing?and why are you calling them names? are you what, eleven? grow up
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
I'm very perplexed about Dwight. Half of him seems like a dude who is a good human being

I am confident that he should not be considered a good human being. Some of the stories became national, and many more seem to have remained mostly local when he was in Orlando related to his direct and indirect actions towards his child's mother. I know some of that stuff gets grey or "he said, she said", but this was crap that he did solely to protect his image without any care for the well being of the child or any hint of responsibility. He knew it was his child, his agent knew it was his child, and the Orlando Magic knew it was his child....and all were fine with the mother and child living in poverty while Dwight was grossing $30-$40 Million per year.....as long as his squeaky clean image in the media was not tarnished.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
ocho wrote:
the association wrote:

LOL
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

yawn, fan taunting is a fact of life for someone who chooses to be a professional athlete and its a negligible price to pay considering all the money and perks that come with being an NBA player. Suck it up and move along.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject:

D-Lo

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/dangelo-russell-yells-at-fan/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: