********* Los Angeles Lakers @ Chicago Bulls 11/30 5PM PT *********
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43

View previous topic :: View next topic  
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Masterful job by Luke, without him the Lakers don't win this game. Remember how long it took to get Clarksen off the end of the bench? Yet Luke puts Ingram out there and it will pay dividends.
Laker starters need to clamp down, keep it close, then the the best bench in the league comes in and rips it up, what s season we are witnessing!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Luke's proving he knows what he's doing. Luke for COY!!!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Yong wrote:
adkindo wrote:
TWolves lose again....they need to make a big offer for Deng

Lavine + bad contract for Deng + Black we will take

Anyone to get rid of him.

Pekovich is out for the year and has a big contract. Maybe play zubac as the backup Center for a year until he's back. I always liked pekovich

Deng + black for Lavine + pekovich....that'd be pretty sweet.

Why the desire for lavine? Sorry if the question seems dumb.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Luke's proving he knows what he's doing. Luke for COY!!!!!
DEFINITELY!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Just an ironic thought:

At home the bulls beat us in our type of game (high scoring, speed , fast breaks)

In their house we beat them at their game (defensive slog)

Go figure!

Good point, shows the lakers can play any style
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Grind Out Ugly Win In Chicago

Quote:
The two teams met on Nov. 20, as the Bulls defeated the Lakers at Staples Center, 118-110, and Jimmy Butler posted a season-high 40 points. Although the Lakers continue to struggle with injuries — D’Angelo Russell (knee) and Nick Young (calf strain) — more minutes have opened up for other guys on the team. Brandon Ingram was plugged into the starting lineup — his third start of the season — and Jose Calderon continues to get more reps at the point guard spot.

http://www.lakersnation.com/game-recap-lakers-grind-out-ugly-win-in-chicago/2016/11/30/
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Yong wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Pekovich is out for the year and has a big contract. Maybe play zubac as the backup Center for a year until he's back. I always liked pekovich

To me he fills a void for the lakers team in that he's uber athletic (can shoot the 3 too, which is a plus). The lakers lack elite athleticism, which just by itself is not a big deal, but at the pace play we need at least above average athletes. To me this is why Deng, Calderon and Huertas don't fit and part of the reason why our average athletic starting backcourt is injured. Too many plays and too much activity in too short of a time.

That and he's a UCLA guy, so you know he'd be comfortable right away and dude is one of the best non and-1 dunkers I've ever seen.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Yong wrote:
adkindo wrote:

He'll fit in perfectly for the system we play as his athleticism and three ball is exactly what we need at that spot.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject:

How rare this win was statistically:

The Lakers not won a game on the 2nd of a back-back (meaning 0 rest days), when they trail in the game by at least 14 and were the underdog since before at least the 2002 season. This database only goes back to 2002 with those parameters (rest, biggest lead, and line)

0-72. Till tonight.

http://www.sportsdatabase.com/nba/query?output=default&sdql=team+%3D+Lakers+and+rest+%3D+0+and+o%3Abiggest+lead+%3E+13+and+line+%3E+0+&submit=++S+D+Q+L+%21++
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:

The Lakers not won a game on the 2nd of a back-back (meaning 0 rest days), when they trail in the game by at least 14 and were the underdog since before at least the 2002 season. This database only goes back to 2002 with those parameters (rest, biggest lead, and line)

0-72. Till tonight.

http://www.sportsdatabase.com/nba/query?output=default&sdql=team+%3D+Lakers+and+rest+%3D+0+and+o%3Abiggest+lead+%3E+13+and+line+%3E+0+&submit=++S+D+Q+L+%21++

Does that make the win even more amazing?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Yong wrote:
adkindo wrote:

To me he fills a void for the lakers team in that he's uber athletic (can shoot the 3 too, which is a plus). The lakers lack elite athleticism, which just by itself is not a big deal, but at the pace play we need at least above average athletes. To me this is why Deng, Calderon and Huertas don't fit and part of the reason why our average athletic starting backcourt is injured. Too many plays and too much activity in too short of a time.

That and he's a UCLA guy, so you know he'd be comfortable right away and dude is one of the best non and-1 dunkers I've ever seen.

The thing about his athleticism, it really doesn't show in games. His combination of relatively small hands and just overall weakness means unless he's got a launching pad, he can't do much in traffic. That's where we want our uber athlete...just some dude to be able to yam it on someone a few times a game.

I'd 100% take the dude though. His 3 ball is nice and his all around game is a lot better than people think.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

0-72. Till tonight.

Does that make the win even more amazing?

I'd say it does. It probably only happens once every 20 years.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Yong wrote:
adkindo wrote:

The thing about his athleticism, it really doesn't show in games. His combination of relatively small hands and just overall weakness means unless he's got a launching pad, he can't do much in traffic. That's where we want our uber athlete...just some dude to be able to yam it on someone a few times a game.

I'd 100% take the dude though. His 3 ball is nice and his all around game is a lot better than people think.

Thanks all for the input. Not to sound contrarian but maybe part of the reason the lakers are gelling well is the intangibles a guy like deng brings, e.g. Leadership. I don't know if this is true but maybe part of the reason the lakers are currently .500 while the wolves are still trying to find an identity is because we have a guy like deng...and maybe just maybe he his helping BI understand things defensively hence why BI is maturing defensively pretty well.

I know it's speculation but maybe there's something to it...if so I wouldn't be so quick to trade a guy like deng.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject:

Hilarious moment from Rondo

3:48

Mozgov shoots the jumper

Rondo: I got it, let's go!! (prepares for rebound)

(Ball goes in)

Rondo: .. Nevermind..

LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Mozgov shoots the jumper

(Ball goes in)

Rondo ain't got jack!
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject:

Saw the game on replay. Great effort, didn't expect that after the ugly game in NO. Major props to everyone. The defense was really good in the 2nd half, though the offense was kinda ugly at times.

Props to Deng and Ingram, they were terrific, followed by Clarkson, Randle and Lou.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Mozgov shoots the jumper

(Ball goes in)

The mics seemed to be hot last night. I was picking up a ton of curse words. I remember Moz getting pulled from the game after a foul and yelling "F***!" as he's walking off the floor There were a few others too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
Page 43 of 43
Jump to: