are the lakers saving deng for the playoffs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I feel an urge to puke whenever I look at Deng's contract.

Surely the Lakers should be blamed, if Deng was supposed to help us win with his leadership then his contract becomes even worse if we miss the playoffs.

Lakers brass probably didn't tell him to work on his game and get into basketball condition, they just wanted him for his leadership.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Lakers brass probably didn't tell him to work on his game and get into basketball condition, they just wanted him for his leadership.

I tried looking at this statement from multiple points of view, and it didn't make sense in any of those POVs
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Well then they shouldn't play him for 3 years since that's probably when they'll be in play off contention.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
This thread is why people make fun of the Laker fan base.

Ok Mr.Can-Luol-Deng-Be-An-All-Star.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=178801

Haha. I give you props for bringing that thread up, you surely got me! No one even in there right mind would have thought that Deng was gonna be a ghost on the court, even though he's helping the young players through knowledge, it's probably one of the situations right now were you just hope Deng eventually gets it together.. a lot of people were expecting big things from him.

=)

No one in their right mind would have thought Deng had a chance to be an all-star.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I tried looking at this statement from multiple points of view, and it didn't make sense in any of those POVs

Considering, most of the post-signing analysis was about Deng bringing leadership I would say my comment was spot on.

Mitch even said during the signing that signing Deng was to help mentor the young players, very little information about the Lakers expecting Deng to contribute.

When I was positive about the Deng signing, I didn't realize he would have been worse then Boozer considering he plays defense.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Says the guy who want to trade any and everyone on the team
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Haha. I give you props for bringing that thread up, you surely got me! No one even in there right mind would have thought that Deng was gonna be a ghost on the court, even though he's helping the young players through knowledge, it's probably one of the situations right now were you just hope Deng eventually gets it together.. a lot of people were expecting big things from him.

=)

No one in their right mind would have thought Deng had a chance to be an all-star.

I was wrong, and Deng playing like his former all-star level wasn't actually that crazy considering he never really declined in productivity, his decline is a truly shocking development.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

=)

I was wrong, and Deng playing like his former all-star level wasn't actually that crazy considering he never really declined in productivity, his decline is a truly shocking development.

This post is why people make fun of the Laker fan base.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Says the guy who want to trade any and everyone on the team

Really?

I'm a big Randle/Ingram/Russell guy and I want them to be here for years to come.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

=)

Did you expect Deng to average 6/5 on 33% FG percentage? Be honest I think most thought he would be like the Deng from last year, 12/6.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

=)

Did you expect Deng to average 6/5 on 33% FG percentage? Be honest I think most thought he would be like the Deng from last year, 12/6.

If you expected 12/6, but you also think an all-star berth on 12/6 averages wasn't crazy ....

... then you crazy.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

=)

If you expected 12/6, but you also think an all-star berth on 12/6 averages wasn't crazy ....

... then you crazy.

You can play like a all-star..help your team win and etc..etc like how most all star snubs do every year, Deng can play like a all star for our team if he actually tried, but he's not doing anything and there is nothing wrong with not being correct cause most fan predictions aren't right.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject:

^ What the actual (bleep)?
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Surely the Lakers should be blamed, if Deng was supposed to help us win with his leadership then his contract becomes even worse if we miss the playoffs.

Well if you're a basketball player paid 18 million a year to play in the NBA I think it makes sense that you're supposed to be in game shape come the season. Pretty sure Mitch didn't pat him on the back and said : You're good Deng, go enjoy some Big Macs this summer, you earned it. We signed you for your veteran leadership.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject:

How ironic that a wonderfully sarcastic thread turns into a referendum of IG posts.

Props to the OP.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Well if you're a basketball player paid 18 million a year to play in the NBA I think it makes sense that you're supposed to be in game shape come the season. Pretty sure Mitch didn't pat him on the back and said : You're good Deng, go enjoy some Big Macs this summer, you earned it. We signed you for your veteran leadership.

maybe not being on a real winning team is making him lack focus, it doesnt matter to me cause the FO has to explain it to us.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
no he sucks.

Ha ha ha ha.....😭
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

My point is that he can be a all star for our team and not neccesssary for the NBA.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

My point is that he can be a all star for our team and not neccesssary for the NBA.

That might be your point now, but that wasn't your point then. Your point, when you originally made that thread, was that he could be an NBA All-Star. If you forgot or don't believe me, go look at your first post. Here's a link for ya: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=178801

It was ridiculous then, and even more ridiculous now. And, like this thread, one of the reasons people laugh at our fan base.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That might be your point now, but that wasn't your point then. Your point, when you originally made that thread, was that he could be an NBA All-Star. If you forgot or don't believe me, go look at your first post. Here's a link for ya: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=178801

It was ridiculous then, and even more ridiculous now. And, like this thread, one of the reasons people laugh at our fan base.

being a All star in the NBA is mixed, it involves popularity voting.. I figured that the Laker fans would be giving Deng a chance to get in.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Maybe not the best all star but best all star overall ?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

being a All star in the NBA is mixed, it involves popularity voting.. I figured that the Laker fans would be giving Deng a chance to get in.

Ahh so a minute ago your point was that he can be an all-star for our team and not the NBA but after I called you out on it, you've gone back to the idea that he can be an all-star on numbers like 12/6 because Laker fans would just flood the voting booths for this new 12/6 guy?

That logic is why people make fun of the Laker fan base.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Ahh so a minute ago your point was that he can be an all-star for our team and not the NBA but after I called you out on it, you've gone back to the idea that he can be an all-star on numbers like 12/6 because Laker fans would just flood the voting booths for this new 12/6 guy?

That logic is why people make fun of the Laker fan base.

There is nothing wrong with being a all star for your team in fact just look how Lillard didn't get in even though he was helping Portland.

Deng can easily play like a star for the Lakers team.. it doesn't really matter though.. just expressing different opinions on the matter like most fans do when it comes to sports talk.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Odom didn't have to make the all star team to play like a star and even though it doesn't matter but Deng can diffinitely help us if he realizes it.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject:

We must be rich, saving this and that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: