Package / Mail theft

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Package / Mail theft

So, in the last couple of weeks we have had issues with our mail being "tampered" with. Some of our mail was on the street , mailbox open... Possibly stolen items. My brother had a package delivered and the lazy ass carrier stuffed the package into the mailbox instead of bringing it to the door, so it ended up getting stolen.

About a month ago, my wife must have left our car open and my son's Tae Kwan Do bag and sparring gear was taken out of the car.

With the holidays around the corner, I guess thieves and lowlives are coming out of the woodwork. Be careful out there , people. Im considering leaving a "dummy" package on my doorstep and camping out on top of my roof with a sniper rifle.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Our area has had it's share of break ins as well. A home two spots down from us got broken in. The scary part is that the neighbors are home ALL the time (the wife is a homemaker). She takes a walk every day at the same time and they nailed her home within the 30 minute period so they 100% scoped out her house. Thankfully no one was hurt.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

non-violent offenders early release
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Thats funny you mention that. My mom and Dad spoke with an officer who came to the house and said the exact thing. Said there are a lot of homeless and drug addicts out and about and even if they do get caught, they are let go within a day or 2. Gonna have to just serve up some good ol' vigilante justice I guess.

And yeah, jb... A house across the street and a few down from us was broken into a few months back.. Allegedly over 10k in cash was stolen. My parents have been paranoid ever since. Installed an alarm system and they want me to buy and set-up a few security cameras outside.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

I would expect there to be an increase in violent defenders soon.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

I would expect there to be an increase in violent defenders soon.

Nice!
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Package / Mail theft

PLATNUM wrote:
So, in the last couple of weeks we have had issues with our mail being "tampered" with. Some of our mail was on the street , mailbox open... Possibly stolen items. My brother had a package delivered and the lazy ass carrier stuffed the package into the mailbox instead of bringing it to the door, so it ended up getting stolen.

About a month ago, my wife must have left our car open and my son's Tae Kwan Do bag and sparring gear was taken out of the car.

With the holidays around the corner, I guess thieves and lowlives are coming out of the woodwork. Be careful out there , people. Im considering leaving a "dummy" package on my doorstep and camping out on top of my roof with a sniper rifle.

Get a locking mailbox with only a letter size opening, this is the one I got : http://www.mailboxes.com/products/roadside-mailbox/4325blk/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAsf_BBRDMpoOHw4aSq4QBEiQAPm7DLzjd5b2CE4AAN8JEM0n701tcKv6WaH-Eh08a5xFS7mUaAuYs8P8HAQ

Then buy this:http://restaurantequipmentclub.com/prodDetail.cfm/6589738?gclid=Cj0KEQiAsf_BBRDMpoOHw4aSq4QBEiQAPm7DLzXg5pW2vmVJkaejJNbvXaj0dF-0QhlV7t-LcwGqldcaAnpd8P8HAQ

Then this: http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/930/930-tactical/

Then this: http://shop.opticsplanet.com/lansky-sharpeners-task-survival-kit.html?_iv_code=UJ-SZ-LS01969&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=Cj0KEQiAsf_BBRDMpoOHw4aSq4QBEiQAPm7DLw2Ssq37CYGRzMT0CNE2br_v0Q8CjJ6panVF06RyX0IaAspN8P8HAQ

Once all that is in order do this: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Zink-Avian-X-A-Frame-Blind/1390022.uts?productVariantId=3936282&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03957172&rid=20&gclid=Cj0KEQiAsf_BBRDMpoOHw4aSq4QBEiQAPm7DLyUc3r9dePF_1v71BJ8865acPt9dsVqUGNXTbpbcpTIaAnEB8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Then stand your ground and nobody will steal your mail again! America is great!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Package / Mail theft

PLATNUM wrote:

USPS is apparently already lagging on their delivery times as of 12/1. I have 2 late parcels that still show as departed from facility, on truck on the tracking feature at 2:35AM. Effers. They're going to be leaving a lot of goodies this month porches a day or two late, after recipients already took time off to retrieve their sh.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject:

One of the few perks of living in a poor neighborhood is that no one targets your house for theft because they know you don't have sh*t.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject:

That really sucks, you typically can specify with UPS and Fed-X NOT to leave packages, which means you have to go to them and pick it up. I have done this with expensive camera gear.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

No thefts out here. It's white mail privilege.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject:

for major retailers I had no issues getting a order reshipped. I once had a fairly expensive laptop that never made it. I called staples and they sent a new one instantly, no questions asked.
Also I installed dummy security cameras with put warning signs for them at my house... have not had any issues since.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
for major retailers I had no issues getting a order reshipped. I once had a fairly expensive laptop that never made it. I called staples and they sent a new one instantly, no questions asked.
Also I installed dummy security cameras with put warning signs for them at my house... have not had any issues since.

Back in the bad old days, UPS thefts of consumer electronics goods were fairly common. For a firm that feigns to have superior operations management, they were slow at implementing something as simple as tagging and scanning package bar codes.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject:

mailboxes in my neighborhood have been getting broken into a lot recently. They'll put the mailboxes for like 20 homes together so it's real easy for the thieves to crack open the full thing and take everyone's stuff at once.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Back in the bad old days, UPS thefts of consumer electronics goods were fairly common. For a firm that feigns to have superior operations management, they were slow at implementing something as simple as tagging and scanning package bar codes.

well for my situation it wasnt the fedex/ups fault... the package was actually delivered but someone stole it off my moms porch (as well as broke into my moms house and stole gifts from her tree). I assumed for something that expensive Staples would require signature for delivery but it worked out for me because if someone did sign for it and it was then stolen from inside the house I would have been out of luck.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject:

Damn bro, I've been hearing about sh1t like this the past few weeks. Even in nice neighborhoods, I hear sh1t is going down. No matter where you live, in so. cal, you're always a target.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Yea lakerjoshua, we are looking into getting that exact mailbox. Found it at home depot for about 80 bucks.

Npz, USPS marked 2 of my items as DELIVERED on Saturday. I didn't receive anything. Went to the post office to find out what happened, they didn't know a damn thing. My items arrived out of nowhere on Tuesday. Terrible.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject:

My brother in law was having issues like that in Santa Barbara. He is a crazy MFer and spent the night in the back of his pickup. He caught the newspaper delivery guy stealing things and had him arrested.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Damn bro, I've been hearing about sh1t like this the past few weeks. Even in nice neighborhoods, I hear sh1t is going down. No matter where you live, in so. cal, you're always a target.

Our neighborhood has a newsletter they send out if there are any incidents. I'd guess it's probably once a week where there is some form of break in and it's a pretty decent area. A lot of homes don't have alarms and most of the area is usually 2 working parents that send their kids off to school then day care so a lot of places are empty for 8+ hours.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject:

happening in the bay area as well. its been a few months since it started. My younger sister seen a van drop off a few guys and they went mailbox to mailbox at 2 AM.
safari_in_cali
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject:

I moved into a gated community a couple months ago, and it's been great. The gate can only be opened by the security guard, who is there 24x7, and the guard also signs for all the packages and calls me every time there is a package delivered to let me know that I can pick it up from the security booth. The downside is I've been ordering a lot more stuff online lately, now that I don't have to worry about packages being stolen or nobody being home to sign for them
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject:

This is this second December in a row I've been the victim of grand theft.

Last year someone stole $500 of tools from a jobsite I was working at. I had only left them alone for about an hour but it was early and not many people were around.

This year my beloved Honda Accord was stolen from a coworker's house when I left to carpool.

I hate paying insurance but sometimes it's the only way to recover some of the monetary value of material possessions. The sentimental value and memories however can never be replaced.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

I think amazon offers pick up places for packages. Amazon Locker.

I remember back in the day UPS wouldn't deliver a parcel if someone wasn't home to sign. Now, with internet shopping they have so much to deliver that they just leave stuff in plain sight by your door; might as well leave a red carpet and a flashing sign inviting thieves to help themselves.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:

Last year someone stole $500 of tools from a jobsite I was working at. I had only left them alone for about an hour but it was early and not many people were around.

This year my beloved Honda Accord was stolen from a coworker's house when I left to carpool.

I hate paying insurance but sometimes it's the only way to recover some of the monetary value of material possessions. The sentimental value and memories however can never be replaced.

Takes a real scumbag to steal a man's tools.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Hammett wrote:

Takes a real scumbag to steal a man's tools.

Seriously.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: