Would you take on Marbury's contract if you could get Frye?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:

I don't like giving up Mihm, but I like the rest of the trade.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
I don't like giving up Mihm, but I like the rest of the trade.

I'm sure there's a lot of posters out here who think we can get Frye and Marbury for just McKie, Slava, Luke, George, and Miami's #1. Maybe Garnett can be included in a 3-way somehow.
El Ocho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

It would be an understatement to say that Marburry is an upgrade from Smush. Odom still handles the ball and Marburry is our 2nd scoring option. add Frye to a line up of Kwame, Mihm, Bynum and we are good enough to content with anyone. remember we have the tiebraker, his name is KOBE.

ive read more than a few people say that we are 1 all star and a role player away. Marburry is an all star and frye would be a role player.

just to be funny if im mitch i ask for a 1st round pick from ny unprotected.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:

No way.

Cap space killed.

Starbury = ball-dominant (not a good match with Kobe anyways).

Only way we contend HAS to be with Starbury, Kobe, Lamar...

NOT enough.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Yes.

Wait, you mean we could get both, and then use MLEs to improve the roster?

Yeah it kills capspace but..

1. Two bigmen who can rebound adequately and shotblock.
2. 3 triple threat guard-like wings to exploit the triangle offense's advantage.
3. What? A PG that can shoot and attack and be a consistent scorer?

Bynum
Frye
Odom
Bryant
Marbury

+ depth

What I like most is the fact that, there would be AT LEAST 3 solid man/team defenders in Frye, Bynum, Bryant. Odom does average. Backup PG can provide defense.

I like this more than:
Bynum
Bosh
Odom
Bryant
Parker?

Merry minimums.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
brandnew
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:

That's great and all, but I don't think dumping Marbury will really help the Knicks' financial situation all that much as to give up their best young player. They need cheap, young players, and I don't think dumping Marbury is worth giving up the best player they have that fills that bill.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject:

gp5 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Talking of the Knicks,Phil needs to give a list of players that he would like to have like Zeke and Lb did
that is Zeke trying to get Larry to take the fall when that idea falls apart.

He's trying to do you dirty Larry,.. watch your back....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:

I will cry the day I see Marbury in the Laker P&G.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Yes.

Wait, you mean we could get both, and then use MLEs to improve the roster?

Yeah it kills capspace but..

1. Two bigmen who can rebound adequately and shotblock.
2. 3 triple threat guard-like wings to exploit the triangle offense's advantage.
3. What? A PG that can shoot and attack and be a consistent scorer?

Bynum
Frye
Odom
Bryant
Marbury

+ depth

What I like most is the fact that, there would be AT LEAST 3 solid man/team defenders in Frye, Bynum, Bryant. Odom does average. Backup PG can provide defense.

I like this more than:
Bynum
Bosh
Odom
Bryant
Parker?

Merry minimums.

Smart Guy, Half these dudes act like they would have to pay Marbury's salary. This deal would mos definately make us a better team.

Contrary to popular belief i think Marbury would be an excellent fit with Kobe. He is one of the better catch and shoot players in the league. All the wide open looks he would get off of kobe double teams would have him filling the void as our second scorer.

Yeah we have no money to sign impact players but with the Big three already set and two budding big men (Bynum and Frye) we would only need solid role players(MLE) signings back to back years and we would be competing for a championship sooner rather than later. We would easily have one of the most talented teams in the league that was younger than most.

CO-SIGN
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
No way.

Cap space killed.

Odom's deal is just as long and with Kwame's 3rd year guaranteed, we're not going to have capspace for a while anyway.

Quote:

LO is ball dominant, too. The question is - what will he do with the ball? He worked pretty well when he had talented teammates (Garnett, a healthy Amare and Marion) - the guy is a 20pt/10ast type and Kobe is thriving as a catch&shoot/slash player. The two together would be a better version of Drexler/Porter or Frazier/Monroe (for the greybeards).

Quote:

NOT enough.

Disagree - if we sent LO/Slava/McKie for Starbury/Frye:

Stephon
Kobe
Devean
Frye
Mihm

with

Smush
Sasha/Wafer
Walton
Cook
Brown/Bynum

Is a 46-50 win team, easily. People forget, but Steph can score outside AND inside, plus he finishes as well as anyone under 6'5" in the league - he and Kobe would average 20FTA per game.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Walter Sobchak wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
no. we would just become the new york knicks of the west.

just a reminder for everyone...Marbury's contract reaches the 20 mil per year mark.

Agreed. You don't take on a contract like Marbury's unless it guarantees you a championship, and there's no way that this trade would do that.

Unless u move kobe too the facilator role again A.K.A the point, marbury too the 2 guard, have frye at Pf and Mihm at center. Didnt read the whole post so i didnt see what u do with odom or brown.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

^Watch. Odom would still be the main facilitator, just Marbury would be the 2nd option on offense while Bynum and Frye do their thing in the paint.

Even if Odom got traded, it wouldn't be too hard to get a high impact SF through MLEs or draft.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Maybe if we just trade Lamar for Kwame this thirst for a trade would be quenched. I've been saying it all season. THIS IS YOUR 2005/2006 Lakers. I can give the ole "If the right scenario presented itself" BS, but it's simply not going to happen. Everyday it"s "Trade Trade Trade". Sign up for ETrade and satisfy your trade needs. None of these proposed trades are going to happen. None....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject:

i dont want frye, just marbury, kobe and marbury can have all the cash till we have to pay bynum, everyone else are role players
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject:

frye is going to become a randolph type player 18-20 points and 8-10 boards , 1 block and 1.0 assist game. Nice second/3rd option on a contending team.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

No.

Marbury is not a good fit. More important - I wouldn't want Buss to pay so much to a point guard that doesn't fit the Triangle.

If Buss is going to pay 10+ million - It needs to be for a bigman.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject:

add Toronto's 1st rd pick or a future 1st rd from the KNICKS (unprotected) and you got yourself a deal. We could probaly deal Stephon in the future, but at least he'd be a legit 2nd scorer and under the triangle he'll get a lot of open jump shots and would basically being a consistent Smush Parker and add toughness to the team...and Lamar wouldn't be blamed for all the turnovers and could come on in and be the 3rd scorer. It wouldn't be a bad idea. BUt the 1st rd pick must be included!
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
add Toronto's 1st rd pick or a future 1st rd from the KNICKS (unprotected) and you got yourself a deal. We could probaly deal Stephon in the future, but at least he'd be a legit 2nd scorer and under the triangle he'll get a lot of open jump shots and would basically being a consistent Smush Parker and add toughness to the team...and Lamar wouldn't be blamed for all the turnovers and could come on in and be the 3rd scorer. It wouldn't be a bad idea. BUt the 1st rd pick must be included!

It's not easy to get other teams to pickup a $20million tab. New York is about the only team tat comes to mind and they are already stuck with Starbury. NO WAY Bus pays $20 mil for a season to any player not named Kobe. He made that clear by not giving it to Shaq and that was after Shaq helped him get three rings. Starbury will never see anything but the visitors lockerroom at Staples.....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
No.

Marbury is not a good fit. More important - I wouldn't want Buss to pay so much to a point guard that doesn't fit the Triangle.

I love the immedate jump to conclusions.

Even better, it's as if Marbury couldn't be used as trade bait for role playing PGs.

twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

That's a great trade.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

I would take Marbury anyday. But why would the knicks want bunch of scrubs and give up Frye and Marbury. That would mean Knicks would just become hopelessly bad. This is a silly idealistic trade that would never happen in reality. Since we are being ideal here. I think if we do get Marbury and Frye & Rashad Lewis from Seattle (this trade could actually happen) we would be awesome.

Marbury-PG
Kobe-SG
LO-SF
Lewis-F
Mihm-C

WOW! doesnt that look great. 4/5 players are STAR type of players. Man we would create another dynasty. But again this is very fantasy type dream which wouldn't occur.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
No.

I love the immedate jump to conclusions.

Even better, it's as if Marbury couldn't be used as trade bait for role playing PGs.

1- Marbury is a penetrate and dish PG. That's not what Phil will ask of him. Problem #1

2- Marbury is going to be making 20 million in his 30's. Noway he's getting traded that easily

3- Larry Brown wants that role player PG in place of SM. But he's having a hard time finding a taker ..

If SM is a hard sell right now - What makes you think he will be easily dealt later on when he's older and even more expensive?

I rather deal for a Bigman - and pay the big bucks too also.
B-Scott
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
No way.

Cap space killed.

Odom's deal is just as long and with Kwame's 3rd year guaranteed, we're not going to have capspace for a while anyway.

Quote:

LO is ball dominant, too. The question is - what will he do with the ball? He worked pretty well when he had talented teammates (Garnett, a healthy Amare and Marion) - the guy is a 20pt/10ast type and Kobe is thriving as a catch&shoot/slash player. The two together would be a better version of Drexler/Porter or Frazier/Monroe (for the greybeards).

Quote:

NOT enough.

Disagree - if we sent LO/Slava/McKie for Starbury/Frye:

Stephon
Kobe
Devean
Frye
Mihm

with

Smush
Sasha/Wafer
Walton
Cook
Brown/Bynum

Is a 46-50 win team, easily. People forget, but Steph can score outside AND inside, plus he finishes as well as anyone under 6'5" in the league - he and Kobe would average 20FTA per game.

Frye only averages like 5 rebounda a game. You would have to keep Lamar. Odom gets 10 to 13 rebounda a game. Lamar would handle the boards,and let frye handle majority of the scoring up front. Kwame as your low post defender,and hopefully improving rebounder.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
1- Marbury is a penetrate and dish PG. That's not what Phil will ask of him. Problem #1

Isn't that the point of being a #2 option on offense? What do you think is Odom's main problem trying to be the #2 option? Hasn't PJ asked him to be more assertive attacking the basket and criticized Odom?

Quote:
2- Marbury is going to be making 20 million in his 30's. Noway he's getting traded that easily

Even if he isn't traded, we'd actually have 2 2-way PF/Cs up front anyway. There's the steal.

Quote:
3- Larry Brown wants that role player PG in place of SM. But he's having a hard time finding a taker ..

If SM is a hard sell right now - What makes you think he will be easily dealt later on when he's older and even more expensive?

I rather deal for a Bigman - and pay the big bucks too also.

There's the irony. You're getting the bigman. When Marbury's contract is up, you can pay him the big bucks too.

Last edited by Mike@LG on Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

In 2 years
Andrew
Frye
Lamar
KObe
Steph
that is just
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: