Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Randle should never have shot that 3. No chance of going in and he is not a good FT shooter.

Any of the other 4 guys would have been better.

Till his recent stretch of misses he was shooting in the mid to high 70s from the free throw line.

70s is not a good FT shooter. 80s would be good and even that not a slam dunk.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Wow. This team (bleep) deserves the worst. (bleep) all of them.

stop it, they played yesterday in toronto, this was a brutal back to back

Brutal back to back against a high school team in Memphis.

marc gasol, jaymichael green, tony allen and troy daniels are not high school players but whatever.

LEt's pretend dlo, swag, nance were all playing - two starters and one our second most important big

Memphis was missing 3 starters Conley, parsons, and Randolph. Also Vince carter who usually lights us up.

yeah, but they were playing at home and we're not on the second half of a back to back, in the middle of a road trip.

We played 4 games in 5 nights, y'all should chill

And??? Lou Williams had 30 first half points and we were only up 8, not playing defense, and counting on Lou and Deng to stay hot while our young guys contributed nothing, including Ingram.

Along with neither of them playing defense or boxing out after the first half, writing was on the wall.

So, sit down, i've something to tell you:

We're probably not going to the playoffs, hell, when the season started, like a month and a half ago or something people predicted we wouldnt win even 30 games.

This team is far from being a finished product, it's a development season, our young guys will be good but they're not that good now, we'll have ups and downs all season probably.

We'll win games we've no business winning (warriors, bulls away, atl away) and we're going to lose a bunch we shouldn't (mavs at home) but this game was the definition of a schedule loss, we could've won given that the grizzlies are banged up, but we're banged up too, and on the road, on the end of a very tough road trip.

So, you should take a deep breath and relax
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject:

^^^^ Jack in the Box breakfast we make the playoffs.

Julius's butt cheeks kissed tonight. I was really hoping for a overtime. Have to give the youngsters kudos, they fought.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
MJST wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Wow. This team (bleep) deserves the worst. (bleep) all of them.

stop it, they played yesterday in toronto, this was a brutal back to back

Brutal back to back against a high school team in Memphis.

marc gasol, jaymichael green, tony allen and troy daniels are not high school players but whatever.

LEt's pretend dlo, swag, nance were all playing - two starters and one our second most important big

Memphis was missing 3 starters Conley, parsons, and Randolph. Also Vince carter who usually lights us up.

yeah, but they were playing at home and we're not on the second half of a back to back, in the middle of a road trip.

We played 4 games in 5 nights, y'all should chill

And??? Lou Williams had 30 first half points and we were only up 8, not playing defense, and counting on Lou and Deng to stay hot while our young guys contributed nothing, including Ingram.

Along with neither of them playing defense or boxing out after the first half, writing was on the wall.

So, sit down, i've something to tell you:

We're probably not going to the playoffs, hell, when the season started, like a month and a half ago or something people predicted we wouldnt win even 30 games.

This team is far from being a finished product, it's a development season, our young guys will be good but they're not that good now, we'll have ups and downs all season probably.

We'll win games we've no business winning (warriors, bulls away, atl away) and we're going to lose a bunch we shouldn't (mavs at home) but this game was the definition of a schedule loss, we could've won given that the grizzlies are banged up, but we're banged up too, and on the road, on the end of a very tough road trip.

So, you should take a deep breath and relax

So if we take your word for it, if we win (it's because we had no business winning but did) and when we lose (the team is developing and isn't a finished product)

If it were that easy we can be making excuses every time just to prevent the team from getting criticized.
ratra_1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Randle should never have shot that 3. No chance of going in and he is not a good FT shooter.

Any of the other 4 guys would have been better.

Till his recent stretch of misses he was shooting in the mid to high 70s from the free throw line.

70s is not a good FT shooter. 80s would be good and even that not a slam dunk.

come on now, 80% from ft line is the michael jordan's, kobe bryant's territory. 90% belong to the curry's, klay's, dirk's, etc. 70% for a big is REALLY good
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

So if we take your word for it, if we win (it's because we had no business winning but did) and when we lose (the team is developing and isn't a finished product)

If it were that easy we can be making excuses every time just to prevent the team from getting criticized.

Critiquing is fine. Flying off the handle due to unrealistic expectations gets tiresome to read after a while.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Critiquing is fine. Flying off the handle due to unrealistic expectations gets tiresome to read after a while.

This is LA and the Lakers, we need to draw a expectation or else there would be no point having a team.

This team is dealing with a lot of injuries and probably would have had 12-13 wins right now had they been healthy, but to act like the team is supposed to lose is a bad mentality.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is LA and the Lakers, we need to draw a expectation or else there would be no point having a team.

This team is dealing with a lot of injuries and probably would have had 12-13 wins right now had they been healthy, but to act like the team is supposed to lose is a bad mentality.

LeSigh

I didn't see where anyone said they expected the Lakers to lose. Well I do actually I take that back I saw lots of people expecting the Lakers to lose and be worthless entirely up until the season started and we won more than what was expected. So now that we've won a few games, some folks are are acting like we're Golden State and we should never ever lose. I'm calling silly sauce on that.

We're doing well, the progress is clearly there, even in this game we were in it until the last seconds...I will never relate to all the overreaction and in my opinion foolishness that I see people post.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LeSigh

I didn't see where anyone said they expected the Lakers to lose. Well I do actually I take that back I saw lots of people expecting the Lakers to lose and be worthless entirely up until the season started and we won more than what was expected. So now that we've won a few games, some folks are are acting like we're Golden State and we should never ever lose. I'm calling silly sauce on that.

We're doing well, the progress is clearly there, even in this game we were in it until the last seconds...I will never relate to all the overreaction and in my opinion foolishness that I see people post.

Not sure why the post is about me.

I'm happy for this team and know they will make there run when everyone gets back. I will support this team rather there losing or losing bad..
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

nah silly sauce bout to be the new wave

#sillysauce

its so perfect

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LeSigh

I'm happy for this team and know they will make there run when everyone gets back. I will support this team rather there losing or losing bad..

The post isn't "about you". I was talking to you because I disagreed with what you initially said lol

But yes I think most of us here ultimately just want to see the Lakers do well.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LeSigh

The post isn't "about you". I was talking to you because I disagreed with what you initially said lol

But yes I think most of us here ultimately just want to see the Lakers do well.

JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LeSigh

Nobody gave this team a chance to make the playoffs....now we are like 4 deep in starters injured....and we are suprised we are losing games here and there?

When the team is healthy again we are gonna start stringing together wins.....and everyone will be back on the train
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LeSigh

Nobody gave this team a chance to make the playoffs....now we are like 4 deep in starters injured....and we are suprised we are losing games here and there?

When the team is healthy again we are gonna start stringing together wins.....and everyone will be back on the train

I totally agree, but sometimes losing .. makes winning even much better when we start doing it... cause you get rid of the bad taste.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Also anyone who thought this season wasn't going to have some tough, tough, even bad losses had their head in the clouds.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Yeah it's taken 20+ games, and a plethora of injuries to key guys for this team to start playing the way people expected them to play this past summer.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Yeah it's taken 20+ games, and a plethora of injuries to key guys for this team to start playing the way people expected them to play this past summer.

And the 3rd toughest schedule!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Randle is such a dumb player. "Let me take a contested three instead of passing it to someone who can actually shoot."

And then proceeds to miss all three free throws.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

Nice positive vibe.

Let's get back on track on Monday... with hopefully Nance back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Page 40 of 40
Jump to: