Oakland warehouse fire

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Oakland warehouse fire

24 dead so far.
Makes you wonder about those sketchy locations you see for those underground raves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Oakland warehouse fire

lakersken80 wrote:

Makes you wonder about those sketchy locations you see for those underground raves.

Not when you're that age unfortunately.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject:

30 bodies found....sad situation all around.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject:

the reporting that I listened to claimed that people had been renting living space there for years, but it was not a legal dwelling for living? How does this get past the city for years?
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
the reporting that I listened to claimed that people had been renting living space there for years, but it was not a legal dwelling for living? How does this get past the city for years?

Maybe someone frequently donated to the Oakland PD or their city councilman/mayor.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Maybe someone frequently donated to the Oakland PD or their city councilman/mayor.

I doubt the cops know anything about building codes and compliance. For that you need somebody from the city to come and inspect it. I believe this would be more in the area of specialty of the fire department.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Raijin wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I doubt the cops know anything about building codes and compliance. For that you need somebody from the city to come and inspect it. I believe this would be more in the area of specialty of the fire department.

It is now being reported that there have been multiple complaints made to the City in recent years about the building serving as a residence.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Raijin wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It is now being reported that there have been multiple complaints made to the City in recent years about the building serving as a residence.

Sounds like it got lost in the bureaucracy of the local government.....I'm sorry to say but this event could finally get things to change, from the sad housing situation in the Bay Area where unless you are making 6 figures you cannot afford decent housing. I'm sure this isn't the first industrial warehouse where people are living in because they can't afford to live in an area zoned for residential.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: