Will Vince Carter make the Hall of Fame?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Vince Carter make the Hall of Fame?
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Who would you cite as an example of a cutoff player-- someone who just barely misses the mark?

Tim Hardaway
Jack Sikma
Sidney Moncrief
Joe Johnson
Amare Stoudemire
Antawn Jamison
Kevin Johnson

nice list. i might elevate kj a little more, but i was high on him as a player.

i have to say one thing about antawn...there are very few games where another player has really gone at kobe on the court and succeeded. like, for example, lebron has never really done anything to kobe that was impressive, unlike what kobe's done to him (individually, i don't give a S--- who won the game). Prime antawn had a game, i believe, where both he and kobe scored 50, and it was a shootout, a down to the wire game. very rare to see someone do that with kobe on the court, and actually win. it might have been that crazy game where kobe tipped in the free throw. i've never found footage, other than the tip, but i think kobe went nuts in ot with the 3s, which was rare at the time. and antawn was making everything. i'm telling you, it was an unusual game.

lol wut? is that how many kobe or antawn scored?

both
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Who would you cite as an example of a cutoff player-- someone who just barely misses the mark?

Tim Hardaway
Jack Sikma
Sidney Moncrief
Joe Johnson
Amare Stoudemire
Antawn Jamison
Kevin Johnson

i have to say one thing about antawn...there are very few games where another player has really gone at kobe on the court and succeeded. like, for example, lebron has never really done anything to kobe that was impressive, unlike what kobe's done to him (individually, i don't give a S--- who won the game). Prime antawn had a game, i believe, where both he and kobe scored 50, and it was a shootout, a down to the wire game. very rare to see someone do that with kobe on the court, and actually win. it might have been that crazy game where kobe tipped in the free throw. i've never found footage, other than the tip, but i think kobe went nuts in ot with the 3s, which was rare at the time. and antawn was making everything. i'm telling you, it was an unusual game.

SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Tim Hardaway
Jack Sikma
Sidney Moncrief
Joe Johnson
Amare Stoudemire
Antawn Jamison
Kevin Johnson

yes! thats the game! oh man memories....

so yea, johnnybravo meant they both had 51 points, ok. and antawn had 51 the game before too! this was really not very common back then.

so this is NOT the tip in game, that must have been earlier actually. so just to clarify, the kobe-shaq lakers had TWO amazing games vs the warrriors. this one, where they score 50 each, and there was another where kobe tips in a deliberatly missed Rice free throw to send it to overtime, where he went Curry crazy, years and years before this 3pt craze we have today.

so rare to see another player score like this with kobe on the court. i can't think of many others...i remember grant hill doing a number when he was a piston, and for sure there was a game when prime arenas went off on the lakers.

edit...just saw the arenas game highlights. bs, yea he scored a lot. but it was unfair officiating, of course. refs gave him a ton of free throws, anyone can score 40+ with that kind of officiating. this is how lebron has high scoring games.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
so rare to see another player score like this with kobe on the court. i can't think of many others...i remember grant hill doing a number when he was a piston, and for sure there was a game when prime arenas went off on the lakers.

In the past 20 years, there's only been 100 games where some guy scored 50 or more -- 5 every year.

It's rare for anyone to be the court and have this happen more than two or three times during their career.

I think it's happened to Dirk 4 times, Nash 4 times (all in the same year!), and Kobe 3 times (Arenas, Iverson, and Jamison).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: