Amnesty Clause
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
Mitch really needs to find a way to get rid of Deng

Needs? Not really. Deng is a disappointment right now, and a potential financial nuisance later, but not much more.

I know what your saying, and your right on the facts, but sometimes these things can just create negative energy, especially in a young locker room. Its not like we as fans or the media will quit bringing up that the highest paid player on the team really don't contribute. Maybe our guys get its part of the business and will not allow it to weigh on them, but I guess only time will provide that answer.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
lel, people on this forum protested against the prospect of signing Whiteside for max money and instead we got Luol Deng for almost that much.

There was no "instead", Whiteside had no interest in being here. Don't act like we had any chance to sign him.

no, but we could have pursued a player like Eric Gordon, which I advocated and was almost universally disagreed with on this forum. For the record, there are other players I was 100% against pursuing that are also playing well this year including Gordon's teammate in Houston. The point is our FO should be held accountable for not recognizing this guy did not have 4 years left in him....or even one year @ his contract price.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Needs? Not really. Deng is a disappointment right now, and a potential financial nuisance later, but not much more.

I know what your saying, and your right on the facts, but sometimes these things can just create negative energy, especially in a young locker room. Its not like we as fans or the media will quit bringing up that the highest paid player on the team really don't contribute. Maybe our guys get its part of the business and will not allow it to weigh on them, but I guess only time will provide that answer.

The players will handle and are handling it much better than the people on this board.
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject:

It was Thibs who drove Deng closer to the basketball grave. His usage in Chicago was at a very high clip.

I'm not sure what he's aiming at when he shoots. It's always kissing or missing the front of the rim.

No legs, no shot.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

The players will handle and are handling it much better than the people on this board.

The team was balling before the injuries and Deng and his positive locker room influence was a part of that. Deng is one of the most well respected players in the NBA, I don't think that he will cause any issues with the team.

It would be nice if he could find his game again though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: