Spider Man: Homecoming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Spidey drops 61% in the 2nd weekend, Planet of the Apes wins with $56mllion opening at box office.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/16/box-office-spider-man-homecoming-suffers-mcus-worst-second-weekend-drop-ever/#138473fb35fb
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
22 wrote:
3/10

dialogue written by 1000 rhesus monkeys in a room full of typewriters

cgi is crap

forgettable

at a certain point Huey, the problem is with you and not the movies. After all, you keep going to see them lol

Also, Pirates at Disney SUX!!

I liked Logan and Wonder Woman and the Avengers 1 and all of their origin solos, so it's not like I have ridiculous standards for these movies. This one just sucked. Among the reasons: too much screen time for people who have no business being in the entertainment industry. Exhibit A - Parker's zero-charisma blob of a best friend.

You bastard.

I came here trying to pick a fight and you actually had a valid reason for not liking it smh.

Well I liked his blob of a friend so there! Then again I pretty much have liked all the MCU movies so whatever formula they been using works for me lol

Agreed. He was exactly what he should have been. The character wasn't supposed to "charismatic", and had he been so, it would have been horrible storytelling.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Ned Leeds in the comic books eventually became the Hobgoblin. Here's how he looked:
Edward "Ned" Leeds
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject:

For the year to date, for me, it was

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Mostly forgettable tbh.

It doesn't have the heart that the Toby McSpider trilogy had. Thought it was really missing that struggle of being Spider-Man while also being a high school student.

In the Toby McSpider trilogy, you really got the sense his life was just hanging together by a thread. In this movie, people seemed to be very forgiving of the fact that Peter keeps leaving them to play Spider-Man. He no-shows the decathlon, stands up his homecoming date after finally asking her out, and seems just as happy to wake up the next day. Thought they were on to something when they swerved us with the Vulture being Liz's dad, but nothing there. He sends Liz's FATHER to prison on the same night he was supposed to be at a dance with her, happily runs off to the Avenger HQ, comes back and gets in a half-hearted apology to Liz in a scene that was completely lacking in gravity. Then he's back to friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, life is perfect again.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Nephew made me see it. I had a couple short naps during the movie, but it was a Saturday afternoon and the recliners AMC installed are comfy.

Not a fan of the genre and when you see one of those superhero movies (particularly the Marvel ones), you've seen them all. Forgettable, formulaic. Meh.

Marisa Tomei is still cute.

My favorite part was Captain America's public service announcements.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
22 wrote:
22 wrote:
3/10

dialogue written by 1000 rhesus monkeys in a room full of typewriters

cgi is crap

forgettable

at a certain point Huey, the problem is with you and not the movies. After all, you keep going to see them lol

Also, Pirates at Disney SUX!!

I liked Logan and Wonder Woman and the Avengers 1 and all of their origin solos, so it's not like I have ridiculous standards for these movies. This one just sucked. Among the reasons: too much screen time for people who have no business being in the entertainment industry. Exhibit A - Parker's zero-charisma blob of a best friend.

You bastard.

I came here trying to pick a fight and you actually had a valid reason for not liking it smh.

Well I liked his blob of a friend so there! Then again I pretty much have liked all the MCU movies so whatever formula they been using works for me lol

Agreed. He was exactly what he should have been. The character wasn't supposed to "charismatic", and had he been so, it would have been horrible storytelling.

Sorry, let me rephrase. The character was supposed to be dorky and foppish, I understand, but both his lines and poor delivery made the actor's weaknesses that much more apparent and disengaging IMO
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

I have the exact same list except with Logan at #5. Mostly because I have very little sentimental attachment to the Xmen movies/characters lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
Mostly forgettable tbh.

It doesn't have the heart that the Toby McSpider trilogy had. Thought it was really missing that struggle of being Spider-Man while also being a high school student.

In the Toby McSpider trilogy, you really got the sense his life was just hanging together by a thread. In this movie, people seemed to be very forgiving of the fact that Peter keeps leaving them to play Spider-Man. He no-shows the decathlon, stands up his homecoming date after finally asking her out, and seems just as happy to wake up the next day. Thought they were on to something when they swerved us with the Vulture being Liz's dad, but nothing there. He sends Liz's FATHER to prison on the same night he was supposed to be at a dance with her, happily runs off to the Avenger HQ, comes back and gets in a half-hearted apology to Liz in a scene that was completely lacking in gravity. Then he's back to friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, life is perfect again.

I get what you're saying here. Ridiculous how he kept bailing on everyone. I also dont like that his main motivation to be Spider Man and fight bad guys was to impress Tony Stark and become an Avenger. Him feeling partly responsible for Uncle Bens death is what grounds Parker and makes him who he is. They robbed him of that here. I didnt like that. I was underwhelmed by alot of the film, just like I was with GotG 2. 7/10
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

I have the exact same list except with Logan at #5. Mostly because I have very little sentimental attachment to the Xmen movies/characters lol

I can accept that. Logan to me was a very successful departure from the norm which worked exceptionally well. Sure, I didn't quite like the ending since it was a bit sad but it worked. Wonder Woman was a well made movie but drops significantly in my opinion because the lead actress that the entire movie is centered on put up a performance that made Chris Pine look Oscar worthy. I didn't lie when I told Chris Pine on the D23 Expo floor that he was the best actor in that film.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Patience is a virtue, but it can also be very disappointing...
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

I can accept that. Logan to me was a very successful departure from the norm which worked exceptionally well. Sure, I didn't quite like the ending since it was a bit sad but it worked. Wonder Woman was a well made movie but drops significantly in my opinion because the lead actress that the entire movie is centered on put up a performance that made Chris Pine look Oscar worthy. I didn't lie when I told Chris Pine on the D23 Expo floor that he was the best actor in that film.

Everyone and their grandma have praised Gal Gadot for her performance.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

Seeing as grandma is deaf and blind I would imagine so.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

Nice joke. It's a fact that everyone important praised Gal Gadot.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
rwongega wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

And rightly so.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

Agreed. I can't complain with anyone having Logan #1

So cool you got to go to D23! How'd you get tix?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

I got a staff badge from a friend working the event. I just wish they let us take pics during the live action movie panel but I guess exclusive clips from Avengers/SW/Disney needed to be kept under wraps until their official release after Comic-Con.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
rwongega wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

Considering her wooden acting in Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Awful, anything is a step up. More likely people were entranced by a stellar job done by Patty Jenkins especially in finding ways to mitigate the lack of acting chops out of the star forced on her by continuity due to Zack Snyder's inability to cast. It's like mitigating a poor defensive player on defense by setting up zones, assigning him to a lesser offensive player, etc. Still doesn't mask the fact that Gadot is one of the worst actresses out there and what was on screen wasn't that good.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

I got a staff badge from a friend working the event. I just wish they let us take pics during the live action movie panel but I guess exclusive clips from Avengers/SW/Disney needed to be kept under wraps until their official release after Comic-Con.

I've heard they are super strict about cell phones / cameras for events like that. I had been waiting for SOME kind of leaked footage, but there isnt a damn thing out there. Closest I got was a picture of the cast WATCHING the trailer. Maybe if I zoom in REEEEAAAALLL close I can get a reflection off of someones eyeball? LOL

Cool that you got in... try to get me a "plus 1" for next time, dude.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

1. Logan
2. GOTG2
3. Spiderman
4. Wonder Woman

I've heard they are super strict about cell phones / cameras for events like that. I had been waiting for SOME kind of leaked footage, but there isnt a damn thing out there. Closest I got was a picture of the cast WATCHING the trailer. Maybe if I zoom in REEEEAAAALLL close I can get a reflection off of someones eyeball? LOL

Cool that you got in... try to get me a "plus 1" for next time, dude.

We were required to put our cameras and phones in a sealed Tyvek bag. They also had at least 10 security guards per row going up and down looking for any signs of a light or glass reflection. Never seen anything like it before.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
rwongega wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

And rightly so.

Which is funny because a few years ago when she was announced to play Wonder Woman in BvsS many criticized the choice saying she was too skinny or didn't have the screen presence to pull it off.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

Is this a Wonder Woman or Spider-Man thread
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: