***LAKERS AT 76ERS 5pm PST 12/16 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
If we win, I pray that it's DLO,Randle,Ingram leading the way. I don't want to win because the vets carry the team again, it's time to see this team's future take over and make their presence known

It's going to be hard to do that if they play less minutes again.
Laker Junkie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Please win this damn game....Please! Can't take it no more!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject:

LET'S GO LAKERS!
LET'S WIN THIS ONE!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject:

We need this win to reverse the bad mojo we've had. Should be very doable. Get that first win and start to rebuild morale.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject:

win? what's that? never heard of that word
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject:

lose to this team and they need to be called the los angeles losers
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

The only word in the Lakers dictionary is "lose". This team went back to the same habits that doomed them the last few years.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Time to get the win streak started
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Time to get the win streak started

When was the last time we had a 8-10 game winning streak? I miss the good ol days.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
If this game is lost...

Tank thread is coming back.

Only for the weak minded that deep down inside are looking for a reason to utilize it cause it's their security blanket of comfort as they can't cope with a young team losing/growing cause they want it so fast they have no patience so they'll convince themselves Brandon Ingram is the next Kevin Durant and then act shocked when he isn't scoring 20 out the gate while they desperately search for another 19 year old hero and build up everyone in the coming draft, looking for something to cling on to.

Thus in order to convince themselves that the team isn't growing, isn't young, and isn't just part of progression, will use the term 'tank' which means you are losing through underachievement or intention. Yes, the denial is so great in some that they would rather convince themselves their team is underachieving and TRYING to suck as opposed to accepting the reality of a growth period with a young team.

Yes... those kind of people will search for any excuse to resurrect a 'tank' thread, searching for a savior cause the big bad world of 'patience' is far too tough.

The rest of us however will see a young team going through growing pains and know that we'll only progress as they grow as the seasons go on, not just because a magical 19 year old just shows up one day.

https://media.giphy.com/media/d2sdxvH0u2oU0/giphy.gif

No, most of us see a young team that sucks. And as it gets older, it still sucks. Therefore, the only way we can make this group better is by adding more talent to them. Main way we do that is thru the draft.

If this team wins 28 games and we lose our lottery pick, instead of winning 22 and retaining our top 3 - it will be a disaster.

We've seen enough games from this group to know whether they are a core you can win with, or you can't. I'm not seeing it. Not without supplements to the core. That comes in a top 3 pick.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Surely you can't be serious?! It's when one team outscores the opponents team when the allotted time expires, but that's not important right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
If this game is lost...

Only for the weak minded that deep down inside are looking for a reason to utilize it cause it's their security blanket of comfort as they can't cope with a young team losing/growing cause they want it so fast they have no patience so they'll convince themselves Brandon Ingram is the next Kevin Durant and then act shocked when he isn't scoring 20 out the gate while they desperately search for another 19 year old hero and build up everyone in the coming draft, looking for something to cling on to.

Thus in order to convince themselves that the team isn't growing, isn't young, and isn't just part of progression, will use the term 'tank' which means you are losing through underachievement or intention. Yes, the denial is so great in some that they would rather convince themselves their team is underachieving and TRYING to suck as opposed to accepting the reality of a growth period with a young team.

Yes... those kind of people will search for any excuse to resurrect a 'tank' thread, searching for a savior cause the big bad world of 'patience' is far too tough.

The rest of us however will see a young team going through growing pains and know that we'll only progress as they grow as the seasons go on, not just because a magical 19 year old just shows up one day.

No, most of us see a young team that sucks. And as it gets older, it still sucks. Therefore, the only way we can make this group better is by adding more talent to them. Main way we do that is thru the draft.

If this team wins 28 games and we lose our lottery pick, instead of winning 22 and retaining our top 3 - it will be a disaster.

We've seen enough games from this group to know whether they are a core you can win with, or you can't. I'm not seeing it. Not without supplements to the core. That comes in a top 3 pick.

We've leaned on the top 3 crutch twice already and you seemed to be displeased with that. So what difference will a small shot at getting another top 3 pick do?
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

I've been disappointed with Clarkson the most during this losing streak. He needs to turn it around.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

We haven't won a game all month, I'm tired of this (bleep). let's get a w.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
If this game is lost...

We've leaned on the top 3 crutch twice already and you seemed to be displeased with that. So what difference will a small shot at getting another top 3 pick do?

At this point, a small shot of hope is better than none at all. And I don't see hope in going 27-55 and having no first round picks to build the team thru. I do see hope in having a top 3 pick, and being able to either take a player in a deep draft, or trading it for a star.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject:

Yes when was the last time we had winning stream with more than 6 games ???

2009-2010??
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject:

I'm going to the game tonight and as far as I can remember I have never gone to a Lakers game that they lost. So place your bets now guys!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
but that's not important right now.

lol

GO LAKERS
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I'm going to the game tonight and as far as I can remember I have never gone to a Lakers game that they lost. So place your bets now guys!

Either way a streak ends. The eight game losing streak or your undefeated record.

We're counting on you Phil!

GO LAKERS!
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject:

Just play hard from the first minute to the last.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject:

Really hope Embiid plays today. However, since the 76ers get our pick if we fall out of top 3, they have every right to bench him today versus us.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

Idk about this team anymore. Every time I think it's a winnable game they go and lose. If Embiid plays he's going to feast on Mosgov and our midgets.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Yes when was the last time we had winning stream with more than 6 games ???

2009-2010??

I remember them having a couple of winning streaks at the end of the 2012-2013 season when Kobe willed the team to playoffs. Not sure if they lasted longer than six games though.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject:

lose to philly iand i disown this team. that'd be 9 in a row. cleveland browns level bad.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

Black probable to play to night via Mark Medina
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27
Jump to: