It didn't taken long for the Hawks to see the real Howard...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
the association wrote:
Terrible timing ...

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899834
http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2384/dwight-howard

You were saying?

Hawks essentially blowing it up around Dwight

If they can't get anyone to support him (although even if they did let's be honest they wouldn't go anywhere significant), he's gonna be pretty upset lol

Here's the update:

Dwight: 17.0 points on 63.9% shooting, 16.0 boards, 1.5 assists and 2.8 combined blocks + steals on a PER 36 basis; 117 ORtg and 100 DRtg, .200 WS/48, and 22.5 PER ...

Atlanta is a little late to the party in coming to the inevitable realization that they have little opportunity (if any) to compete for a championship as long as Cleveland remains relatively healthy over the next 2 - 4 seasons. That's not a certainty considering the Cavaliers have had plenty of injuries over the past two + seasons, but the outlook seems rather bleak for everyone other than Toronto, Chicago and Boston ... this season, at least. Rather than risk losing the talent on their roster next Summer (with nothing in return), the Hawks are apparently seizing the reins of their own destiny, and punting to align their timeline with a post-Cavaliers period on the horizon.

That said, the fact that you find apparent delight in the re-boot of a random franchise because you think it will unusually bother an individual making $22,359,364 this season, well ... I guess that's more a reflection of you than anything you might be trying to suggest above. But more specifically to your presumed point, who wouldn't be bothered if they didn't have surrounding talent on their team? Who wouldn't be upset if that's how Atlanta's roster evolves this season? Time will tell how this shakes out, but the only LOL here is the fact that you're suggesting that Howard's going to have a different reaction than anyone else would have in that situation. Here within the Lakers organization, we've had players demand trades before, we've had players run teammates and coaches out of town for self-serving reasons (in the case of Magic, it immediately worked out; in the case of Kobe, it didn't immediately work out), and we've had players who have effectively served as a "team killer, a chemistry killer, and a coach killer", too ...

Just like everyone else, Dwight has flaws ... but amplifying them to serve some pathological need to downplay his game (but really for the very transparent purpose of propping up the reputation of someone else, since we should just call (bleep) like it is) just doesn't move me.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
22 wrote:
the association wrote:
Terrible timing ...

You were saying?

If they can't get anyone to support him (although even if they did let's be honest they wouldn't go anywhere significant), he's gonna be pretty upset lol

Here's the update:

Dwight: 17.0 points on 63.9% shooting, 16.0 boards, 1.5 assists and 2.8 combined blocks + steals on a PER 36 basis; 117 ORtg and 100 DRtg, .200 WS/48, and 22.5 PER ...

Atlanta is a little late to the party in coming to the inevitable realization that they have little opportunity (if any) to compete for a championship as long as Cleveland remains relatively healthy over the next 2 - 4 seasons. That's not a certainty considering the Cavaliers have had plenty of injuries over the past two + seasons, but the outlook seems rather bleak for everyone other than Toronto, Chicago and Boston ... this season, at least. Rather than risk losing the talent on their roster next Summer (with nothing in return), the Hawks are apparently seizing the reins of their own destiny, and punting to align their timeline with a post-Cavaliers period on the horizon.

That said, the fact that you find apparent delight in the re-boot of a random franchise because you think it will unusually bother an individual making $22,359,364 this season, well ... I guess that's more a reflection of you than anything you might be trying to suggest above. But more specifically to your presumed point, who wouldn't be bothered if they didn't have surrounding talent on their team? Who wouldn't be upset if that's how Atlanta's roster evolves this season? Time will tell how this shakes out, but the only LOL here is the fact that you're suggesting that Howard's going to have a different reaction than anyone else would have in that situation. Here within the Lakers organization, we've had players demand trades before, we've had players run teammates and coaches out of town for self-serving reasons (in the case of Magic, it immediately worked out; in the case of Kobe, it didn't immediately work out), and we've had players who have effectively served as a "team killer, a chemistry killer, and a coach killer", too ...

Just like everyone else, Dwight has flaws ... but amplifying them to serve some pathological need to downplay his game just doesn't move me.

Wow you missed the point almost entirely with my post. I hope it didn't take you a lot of effort to make that post.

My point was you can't build a winner around Dwight (as Atlanta has already thrown in the towel this season). They'll for sure try again as any team would, but with Dwight as the "center" of that team they should only expect more mediocrity.

I couldn't care less if he gets upset about it nor did I say there was anything wrong with his reaction to it. That was your assumption.

lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
22 wrote:
the association wrote:
Terrible timing ...

You were saying?

Here's the update:

Just like everyone else, Dwight has flaws ... but amplifying them to serve some pathological need to downplay his game (but really for the very transparent purpose of propping up the reputation of someone else, since we should just call (bleep) like it is) just doesn't move me.

Dude, every fan base he's left has soured on the guy so let's not make it about a certain someone's reputation okay? Go on the Houston, Orlando boards. It's the EXACT same drill. This has nothing to do about Kobe so don't make it that. You're my guy man but when every other basketball related post involves berating another LG'er about Kobe. Jesus. We ARE on a Lakers message board. Holy cow brother...
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
the association wrote:
22 wrote:
the association wrote:
Terrible timing ...

You were saying?

Here's the update:

Just like everyone else, Dwight has flaws ... but amplifying them to serve some pathological need to downplay his game just doesn't move me.

Wow you missed the point almost entirely with my post. I hope it didn't take you a lot of effort to make that post.

My point was you can't build a winner around Dwight (as Atlanta has already thrown in the towel this season). They'll for sure try again as any team would, but with Dwight as the "center" of that team they should only expect more mediocrity.

I couldn't care less if he gets upset about it nor did I say there was anything wrong with his reaction to it. That was your assumption.

lol

(although even if they did let's be honest they wouldn't go anywhere significant), he's gonna be pretty upset lol

You said he's going to be upset. That was addressed. You suggested that he's inadequate as a player (part of the KDL narrative). That was addressed.

Unless you're going to obsess over every move made by or around someone like Ed Davis (who left in FA, too), you're playing your hand too hard in going after Dwight with such zeal ... it's transparent to anyone who doesn't join in this perseverative obsession with downplaying Dwight's career, integrity, game, paternity skills, etc.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
22 wrote:
the association wrote:
22 wrote:
the association wrote:
Terrible timing ...

You were saying?

Here's the update:

lol

(although even if they did let's be honest they wouldn't go anywhere significant), he's gonna be pretty upset lol

You said he's going to be upset. That was addressed. You suggested that he's inadequate as a player (part of the KDL narrative). That was addressed.

Unless you're going to obsess over the every move made by or around someone like Ed Davis (who left in UFA, too), you're playing your hand too hard in going after Dwight with such zeal ... it's transparent to anyone who doesn't join in this perseverative obsession with downplay Dwight's career, integrity, game, etc.

Sorry man, you're just projecting and adding stuff into our discussion that I never said or you're assuming I'm posting about. Like JB said, you're bringing Kobe into this now? For what?

I never said there was anything wrong with him being upset. You pulled all that stuff out from me writing "lol" which I wrote because Dwight's current situation is quite funny to me.

The fact is Dwight can put up all the great numbers he wants. His teams have never won the big one in large part due to his ego and limitations as a player.

Disagree with that as you want, but it has nothing to do with Kobe or any of the other dumb stuff you brought up lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

And for what it's worth, of course people here are still going to be pissed off about Dwight. He's the first marquee player we weren't able to resign and there's a good chunk of change at every fan base he's spurned that are still salty and that's O..K.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:
22 wrote:
the association wrote:
Terrible timing ...

You were saying?

Here's the update:

Dude, every fan base he's left has soured on the guy so let's not make it about a certain someone's reputation okay? Go on the Houston, Orlando boards. It's the EXACT same drill. This has nothing to do about Kobe so don't make it that. You're my guy man but when every other basketball related post involves berating another LG'er about Kobe. Jesus. We ARE on a Lakers message board. Holy cow brother...

I won't get into semantics for an hour (and analyze my own post history), but it's not every other post having anything to do with Kobe (much less with a criticism of him). Offhand, I doubt whether it's even every 20th basketball post being about Kobe, either.

As I've said, Dwight has plenty of flaws. That said, I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend that our community isn't flush with people who are less about those flaws and more about how they can pile-on the flaws to buttress other pathological (bleep) that they have going on in their agendas. I see it. Maybe you don't. I respect you, so I'll just leave it like this ... it's my view that a segment of the community operates the exact way I've described previously, I think it's supported by the facts, and I also understand that it's not a view shared by everyone I might otherwise agree with. That's OK for me ...
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
the association wrote:
22 wrote:
the association wrote:
22 wrote:
the association wrote:
Terrible timing ...

You were saying?

Here's the update:

lol

Unless you're going to obsess over the every move made by or around someone like Ed Davis (who left in UFA, too), you're playing your hand too hard in going after Dwight with such zeal ... it's transparent to anyone who doesn't join in this perseverative obsession with downplay Dwight's career, integrity, game, etc.

Sorry man, you're just projecting and adding stuff into our discussion that I never said or you're assuming I'm posting about. Like JB said, you're bringing Kobe into this now? For what?

I never said there was anything wrong with him being upset. You pulled all that stuff out from me writing "lol" which I wrote because Dwight's current situation is quite funny to me.

The fact is Dwight can put up all the great numbers he wants. His teams have never won the big one in large part due to his ego and limitations as a player.

Disagree with that as you want, but it has nothing to do with Kobe or any of the other dumb stuff you brought up lol

Listen, we can disagree with one another on this point re: what appears to me to be your motivations ... but personally, I wouldn't lower myself to accuse others of posting "dumb stuff" while I was running around with a signature that reads, and I quote:

Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
And for what it's worth, of course people here are still going to be pissed off about Dwight. He's the first marquee player we weren't able to resign and there's a good chunk of change at every fan base he's spurned that are still salty and that's O..K.

JB, you're pissed he left (maybe b/c we received nothing in value, although it turned out we gave up what amounted to almost nothing in value to acquire him, anyway). Many others are, too. I'm not always 100% sure I'm in that camp. But haven't you ever noticed that the people who play these games obsessing over Dwight are ALSO the loudest voices proclaiming that they would NEVER want him here, and that they are SO happy he bailed on us?

The angle I'm addressing is the "I'm so glad he left, now let me spend the rest of his career bashing him" one ... those doing that with real gusto proclaim to be thrilled that he left. That's not you, or those who share the view that his leaving was cause to be pissed off.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
22 wrote:
the association wrote:
22 wrote:
the association wrote:
22 wrote:
the association wrote:
Terrible timing ...

You were saying?

Here's the update:

lol

Listen, we can disagree with one another on this point re: what appears to me to be your motivations ... but personally, I wouldn't lower myself to accuse others of posting "dumb stuff" while I was running around with a signature that reads, and I quote:

Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming

Between the two of us, I'm not worried about my posts or signatures being considered dumb lol. I'll let what we wrote be evidence itself and the readers can decide.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

--- redacted for conciseness ---

22 wrote:
Between the two of us, I'm not worried about my posts or signatures being considered dumb lol. I'll let what we wrote be evidence itself and the readers can decide.

OK, that's a proposition I'll always agree to with you and your brethren. Have a great day ...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: