View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sorry folks, but I am not a Randle fan or even DLO. Think the Lakers could have done better with both picks.

Imagine if we had picked Lavine and Porzingis.

Exactly my thoughts but obviously lakers went with the safe picks or else lg would be calling for Mitch's head on draft day.

How in the world was DLO over Oak a "safe" pick. They actually went very outside the box on that.

Randle was a consensus top 10 guy, and Lavine was seen as more iffy at the time.

Not sure why people lose sleep over what could have happened.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sorry folks, but I am not a Randle fan or even DLO. Think the Lakers could have done better with both picks.

Exactly my thoughts but obviously lakers went with the safe picks or else lg would be calling for Mitch's head on draft day.

How in the world was DLO over Oak a "safe" pick. They actually went very outside the box on that.

Randle was a consensus top 10 guy, and Lavine was seen as more iffy at the time.

Really, the Lakers should've drafted Nikola Jokic instead of allowing him to drop to the second round. Mitch has no vision or creativity. What an old school fossil.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

No ones talking about Oak. The consensus had DLO in the top 3. It was always KAT then DLO or Oak. Obviously DLO turned out better than oak but we missed out on the unicorn. And if the reports that came out are true that the lakers decided not to take him because they thought he's not "tough" enough then we need some work to do.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

No ones talking about Oak. The consensus had DLO in the top 3. It was always KAT then DLO or Oak. Obviously DLO turned out better than oak but we missed out on the unicorn. And if the reports that came out are true that the lakers decided not to take him because they thought he's not "tough" enough then we need some work to do.

At the time, the league thought the Lakers were going with Oak. Most media and draft sites had that.

And it's way too early to tell who will have a better career b/w Porky and DLO. And Porky was not even a top 3 consideration in most draft sites.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

At the time, the league thought the Lakers were going with Oak. Most media and draft sites had that.

And it's way too early to tell who will have a better career b/w Porky and DLO. And Porky was not even a top 3 consideration in most draft sites.

Nope he wasnt but I sure do hope the lakers draft players based on the workouts and year long scouting rather than going on DraftExpress.com
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Nope he wasnt but I sure do hope the lakers draft players based on the workouts and year long scouting rather than going on DraftExpress.com

Nah, I'm pretty sure the Lakers and their scouts just read our message board as well as YouTuber comments for their draft notes.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject:

^then we would have a lineup full of Bruins

This year is no different with dreams of Lonzo Ball with a few sprinkles of tj leaf.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39
Jump to: